Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-31 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I'm finicky about every damn thing. Even things I shouldn't be, for some indiscernible reason.

I spend a lot of the time wondering if I'm borderline OCD, or just need a drink.

Annnd this would be my problem, also.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-31 16:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Annnd this would be my problem, also.

I'm not so sure this is something to celebrate, but...

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-31 16:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We need Spath to get in here to get a consensus on the December *** tiks.

Reminds me of this.

Quote:
Your birthday may predict your chances of getting certain diseases, according to a new study.

In the study, researchers found that people's birth months were linked with the risk of getting one or more of 55 different diseases. Overall, people in the study who were born in May were least likely to get a birth-month-related disease, whereas people born in October were most likely to get one.

"This data could help scientists uncover new disease risk factors," Nicholas Tatonetti, the senior author of the study and an assistant professor of biomedical informatics at Columbia University, said in a statement.

Previous research had shown that people born in winter — when the days are shorter and people may not get enough sun to produceadequate vitamin D — were more likely to have a vitamin D deficiency, and also may be at increased risk for cardiovascular disease. The researchers of the new study wondered whether people's risk of other conditions also depended on the month of their birth.

They looked at 1.7 million medical records from patients at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center in New York City who were born between 1900 and 2000, and treated between 1985 and 2013. Most people in the study were between ages 20 and 60.

Ten cardiovascular diseases were tied to people's birth month, with people born during the winter months generally having the highest risk, the researchers said. For example, both cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease) and hypertension (high blood pressure) were highest among those who were January babies, and lowest among people born in September and October.

It's not clear exactly why heart disease risk may be higher in people born during the winter, the researchers said. But it could be that there are more infections in pregnant women during winter months, and that these infections contribute to increased cardiovascular disease among children born at that time of the year.

The study also found that the risk of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) was higher in people born during the later months of the year, with the risk peaking for those born in November. This may be because children born toward the end of the year are more immature compared with their classmates in school, so they may be more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD, the researchers said. [How Your Birth Month Affects Your Risk of Disease (Infographic)]

Although the study population was diverse, the researchers did not look at whether variations in ethnicities or socioeconomic factors could have affected the results, the researchers noted.

Mary Boland, a researcher at Columbia University and lead author of the study, said the researchers would like to expand the study to include data on people living in other locations. She said that different climates and environments could alter the relationship between disease and birth month. However, she expects many of the correlations will stay the same.

“I think the general public will be surprised at this type of result,” Boland told Live Science in an email. The study suggests that the prenatal environment may be important for health later in life, however, people "should not be overly concerned," she said.

Indeed, "The risk related to birth months is relatively minor when compared to more influential variables like diet and exercise," Tatonetti noted.

The study was published in the Journal of American Medical Informatics Association in June.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-08-31 16:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing what now?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-31 16:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I'm doing what now?

Dangling Christmas ornaments from your ears?
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-08-31 16:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I'm doing what now?

Dangling Christmas ornaments from your ears?
Funny you said that I actually put my earrings back in today for the first time in months...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-08-31 16:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore my horrible face.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-08-31 16:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a manicure in years and that was because my sister was still in cosmetology school. Can't say how much that would cost but it looks relatively easy to do, just time consuming.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-31 17:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether it's expensive is up to the person getting it imo. To me for example it's very expensive, but I'm a girl who prefers always keeping the nails short and only occasionally use some very basic paint, so it's definetely not worth it.
For someone who really likes having cool nails though it might be a worthwhile experience.

Depending on who makes it, and what kind of job it is it can range anywhere from 5€(just normal paint from a non professional) all the way to 50 bucks(using a lot of products, french, careful cleaning of nails and hangnails, and so forth..)

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-31 17:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the method is first reconstructing the nail(applying an artificial nail on the real one cause it's more permeable), then painting it and then using a special paint to do the decoration(or just glueing a film, but I'm not sure if that even works).

Can do without reconstruction(for example they do it on the beach random immigrants <.<), but as far as I know it lasts a lot less, making the expense less worth it.

But I'm not a nail expert, like I said before.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-31 17:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My ignorance on this subject is as vast as the atlantic.

I bet I could do that if I got fired though.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-31 17:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm sure there are multiple techniques, for different needs.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-31 18:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-31 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Something else I want to try one day since it's something I've never done, looks badass.

Uh

>_>
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2015-09-01 08:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

morning ~ its tuesday.

this day feels like its gonna suck
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-01 08:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff at work is holding up progress so we're off REALLY early. Coming home we passed a house for rent, something was in the window that looked like a face and creeped my brother and dad out.

"It looked haunted, I won't sleep tonight." - Bro

"Circle back around." - Me

"No, I don't wanna see it again. It scares me." - Dad.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 08:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 09:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks remarkably similar to where I went to college. You're making me nostalgic for IUP winters.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I spend a lot of the time wondering if I'm borderline OCD, or just need a drink.

I don't worry.

I know I'm OCD and probably ever-so-slightly autistic and I really want a drink.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 09:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Morning all.

I'm with the bear, bring on the mf'in' snow! It's supposed to be into the high 90's today (too *** hot in celsius), & I'm not excited in the least bit. I tried to go help my grandma move some furniture, & blew a tire last night. so I'm all angry at the world & get out to change it when I look under the bed of my truck only to find that some evil scumbag has STOLEN MY SPARE TIRE. wtf. what kind of animals are all you people?!?! do you know how often I have to drive 2+ hours to go look at stuff?!?!? good god, so lucky it blew on the way out of the driveway. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

anyway, enough of that, how are the rest of you bums?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 09:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually prefer fall to winter since it's just as dark but instead of slipping on the *** ice it's rainy and windy

Rain is thebest
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17625 17626 17627 ... 18549 18550 18551