First Page 2 3 ... 17540 17541 17542 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-31 11:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
they look like someone bashed their face with the door.
youre a monster!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-31 11:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Our female pug is in heat and my wife decided she wants puppies. You could get your daughter a dog and a guinea pig at the same time. She'd just have to wait a few months.

Is welping pups as much work as it seems?

I don't know, I've never done it. But, I guess I'm going to find out. I work from home and the wife has a 9-5, so it'll all fall on me, I'm sure.
It's no fun... Our pug had 4 puppies and wanted nothing to do with the whole process which didn't help. She spent most of it trying to get up and go hide under the couch.

Yo'll have to be ready to cut and tie off the cords as well as wipe off the sacs if the mother refuses to... one came out not breathing right away but luckily did soon after... the last of the four refused to come out and we had to take her to the vet and get him induced...

I'd say it's more work after because you have to make sure the mother is feeding the pups. we actually had to hold her down on her side to let the little ones latch on multiple times a day. It's a lot of work keeping them fed and safe that young. sometimes the mother helps and other times not as much.

Yeah, that's my biggest fear knowing our dogs. I'm happy to do the work, they're both AKC but we wouldn't sell the pups for profit or anything. I'm trying to figure out a way to make sure the pups go to good homes without having to price people out of getting one.

In any case, she just went into heat yesterday, no use in counting your pugs before they hatch.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-31 11:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My pugs are not amused...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-31 11:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Our female pug is in heat and my wife decided she wants puppies. You could get your daughter a dog and a guinea pig at the same time. She'd just have to wait a few months.

I don't know, I've never done it. But, I guess I'm going to find out. I work from home and the wife has a 9-5, so it'll all fall on me, I'm sure.
It's no fun... Our pug had 4 puppies and wanted nothing to do with the whole process which didn't help. She spent most of it trying to get up and go hide under the couch.

Yo'll have to be ready to cut and tie off the cords as well as wipe off the sacs if the mother refuses to... one came out not breathing right away but luckily did soon after... the last of the four refused to come out and we had to take her to the vet and get him induced...

I'd say it's more work after because you have to make sure the mother is feeding the pups. we actually had to hold her down on her side to let the little ones latch on multiple times a day. It's a lot of work keeping them fed and safe that young. sometimes the mother helps and other times not as much.

Yeah, that's my biggest fear knowing our dogs. I'm happy to do the work, they're both AKC but we wouldn't sell the pups for profit or anything. I'm trying to figure out a way to make sure the pups go to good homes without having to price people out of getting one.

In any case, she just went into heat yesterday, no use in counting your pugs before they hatch.
We just gave 3 of the four away to families we knew. Thinking back on it I'm not really sure why we did it in the first place but yeah... Blackie did stay with us as a faithful pet for 15 years. He was pretty awesome.

You're going to be stuck with them for the first month or so as they're dependent on their mother. It's pretty fun watching them fumble around the first few days while they find their legs. Really really small too like sit in your hand small.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-31 11:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We just gave 3 of the four away to families we knew. Thinking back on it I'm not really sure why we did it in the first place but yeah... Blackie did stay with us as a faithful pet for 15 years. He was pretty awesome.

You're going to be stuck with them for the first month or so as they're dependent on their mother. It's pretty fun watching them fumble around the first few days while they find their legs. Really really small too like sit in your hand small.

We got our male at about 10 weeks old, the female at 6 weeks. It's crazy how much they grow in the first few months.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-31 11:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We got our male at about 10 weeks old, the female at 6 weeks. It's crazy how much they grow in the first few months.
Yeah, they do grow up real quick. 6 weeks is about as early as you can get one too. Working frmo home will help to be able to potty train em and such too when the time comes.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-31 11:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They do. They're cute, but in that "so hideous they've come full circle back to adorable" kind of way.

I grew up with a Basset Hound, so I know that spectrum well.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-31 11:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Überhund!

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-31 11:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Überhund!

get. out. of. my. head.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-31 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

They do. They're cute, but in that "so hideous they've come full circle back to adorable" kind of way.

I grew up with a Basset Hound, so I know that spectrum well.

I love their dopey nature. My wife calls them Chudilki, which roughly translates to "amazed" or "in wonder". Kinda like a chicken, everytime they blink they're in a whole new world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-31 11:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo'll have to be ready to cut and tie off the cords as well as wipe off the sacs if the mother refuses to... one came out not breathing right away but luckily did soon after with a little stimulation... the last of the four refused to come out and we had to take her to the vet and get him induced...

Edit: I'd suggest having someone there who's familiar with the process if possible.

I've acted as a midwife for cats on a number of occasions. One of them was a brilliant mother who had 9 kittens and split them up into 2 groups so that she could nurse all of them effectively. One of her daughters that we kept gave birth to a litter of 4, and couldn't even handle that many. Instinct and genetics are no guarantee of quality, apparently.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-31 11:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We got another tough guy Krizz on our hands here boys...

/checks thermometer

he's still a couple of "chill" short of a full krizz...but he is rapidly closing the gap....

PARKER~ /squawk box approaching the target area sir

full stop PARKER and bring us up to periscope depth

YouTube Video Placeholder

I need to get PARKER a little outfit like this...

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-31 12:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
he's still a couple of "chill" short of a full krizz...but he is rapidly closing the gap

That's legitimately insulting.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-07-31 12:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to wonder if I'm gonna come in here one day and see Nik and Rooks going at it...

Staaaahp guys.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-31 12:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I've acted as a midwife for cats on a number of occasions..

as long as you wore the whole outfit including the bonnet I suppose we could let you off with a warning....

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-31 12:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't fight a fire with oxygen.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-31 12:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't fight a fire with oxygen.

If only we had a damp towel of some kind
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-31 12:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

chocolate cookies, burrito, chips and OJ for early lunch
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-07-31 12:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking about making tea... not sure yet.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-31 12:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
chocolate and OJ

doesn't sound like a good combo... /shrug

I had sushi..
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-31 12:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

I've got some raspberry tea & honey over here. it's ok.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-31 12:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I've acted as a midwife for cats on a number of occasions..

as long as you wore the whole outfit including the bonnet I suppose we could let you off with a warning....

I did, but even the cat doesn't think I look good in drag.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-31 12:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure yet.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-31 12:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got some raspberry tea & honey over here. it's ok.

I have some pretty killer blueberry tea...

/snaps fingers

out of peach though... sonofabitching.... PARKER!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-31 12:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
not sure yet.

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-31 12:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a huge flea market in both Houston and DFW called Traders' Village. Whenever we go visit either my dad or the in-laws we'll go poke around at either if it's nice out.

They always have various exotic birds and animals there along with dog breeders. I know that, most likely, there's probably not a good outcome for the loads of animals people are hocking there. I always get the notion in my head that it would be really nice to have an aviary until I start thinking about the winter and having to clean bird cages.

There's also that moral dilemma of: If you're buying animals that were probably brought over illegally and bred in possibly horrible conditions, aren't you contributing to it by creating the demand?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-31 12:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

arrives tomorrow :D
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-31 12:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

does not compute
Shia Labeouf did some random acting scenes for college students, one of them was the typical motivational speech

which became viral.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-07-31 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
not sure yet.
YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME!

Also, I already did... now I'm editing my resume and sipping tea. Tis a wonderful experience.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-31 12:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I see... he is screaming "DO IT!!"

thank you
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17540 17541 17542 ... 18549 18550 18551