New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 17202 17203 17204 ... 18549 18550 18551
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 11:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
As long as I have internet to watch videos/play games I'm pretty content myself.

I really wish content providers would embrace the fact that the traditional television model is dying. Keep giving the twits what they want (vapid sitcoms, reality shows, etc.), but find a way to provide better content via streaming and on-demand viewing.

It really sucks that great shows have to fight so hard because the target audiences just don't have the time or inclination to 1) pay through the *** for so much crap they don't need or 2) don't have the time to stop their lives and watch on the network's schedule.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-03-02 11:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
See, that's my problem, and despite what I just said to Misa, I'm just as bad because I'm terrible at watching things on a Network's schedule.
I just record everything I want to watch but cannot due to time issues. Most channels here even allow skipping advertisments on records^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-02 11:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as I have internet to watch videos/play games I'm pretty content myself.

I really wish content providers would embrace the fact that the traditional television model is dying. Keep giving the twits what they want (vapid sitcoms, reality shows, etc.), but find a way to provide better content via streaming and on-demand viewing.

It really sucks that great shows have to fight so hard because the target audiences just don't have the time or inclination to 1) pay through the *** for so much crap they don't need or 2) don't have the time to stop their lives and watch on the network's schedule.
Pretty much everything is available streaming the day after. Most of it is all on the networks own websites with ads and then you have stuff like Hulu.

The stuff that isn't available on Hulu I just go bring up the web page for the network and watch it there. Ads are longer but meh, never actually have to turn on my tv.

I guess the one downside to all that is they are only available to watch for the next 2-5 weeks usually. There are certain shows I just wait until the come out of netflix or AmPrime or whatever.

Also, DVR.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-02 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

for stuff like Arrow/Flash/Gotham
if I miss the first minute of the show, I just wait till the next day to watch it, mainly at work, online, commercial break free from their website. (ty add blocker!).
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-02 11:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
oh I didnt mean as in you cant watch fox on airstream (or whatever the *** it is called)

but rather, as a shitty Fox business model.
it has a habit to terminate shows prematurely, to make way for new shows. usually Scifi shows tend to get canned earlier than others.
dunno why.

"oh I guess your show is successful. Congratulations. before you ask for more money, here, lemme cancel your show. bye"
A lot of that stuff got cancelled because there wasn't a huge crowd for it at the time. firefly just had a small but passionate fan base that kept the love for the show live but didn't keep the lights on at the studio.

Had shows like those come on nowadays they'd probably have a much better chance of succeeding as the market is a lot different. Networks didn't keep producing stuff that had low numbers though.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 11:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if I miss the first minute of the show, I just wait till the next day to watch it, mainly at work, online, commercial break free from their website. (ty add blocker!).

I haven't watched a show since ffxi came out...

but without cable idk what I would flip through while drinking scotch and de~adrenalin~ing... I have to watch the weather channel or something until the battle music inside my head dies down.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-02 12:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

but without cable idk what I would flip through while drinking scotch and de~adrenalin~ing... I have to watch the weather channel or something until the battle music inside my head dies down.
The battle music never dies, sir.

The fight continues until there's no man left standing... Mostly because Kintoki decided to go attack something without telling me and now I can't figure out where the little bugger ran off to!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The battle music never dies, sir.

The fight continues until there's no man left standing... Mostly because Kintoki decided to go attack something without telling me and now I can't figure out where the little bugger ran off to!

prishe did that to me yesterday...she got slept by a sheep and I must have gotten too far away... I had to go back and find her.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-02 12:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Prishe, you little scamp... GET TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-03-02 12:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I, with some a lot of help, did some voidwatch NMs yesterday. We showed them who's boss!

...Then later died to a lowly Adoulin bug due to bio...
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-02 12:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

welp thunderstorm is here

like, really close.

:s
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-02 12:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
I, with some a lot of help, did some voidwatch NMs yesterday. We showed them who's boss!

...Then later died to a lowly Adoulin bug due to bio...
*stares longingly at the Windower icon*

*sigh*

*goes back to his DS*
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-02 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

and if i stop reporting in.
internet/power cut off

/scurd
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-03-02 12:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fight the good fight, Spath.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-02 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody here has to. :<
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was all running around la theine plateau in a ermagerd~ surbligur...giddy as a school boy....well a school boy that didn't go to my evil alma mater... where giddiness wasn't tolerated...

/drifts off
in the old days they just used to hit you with progressively larger objects until you straightened out... or they got tired...

which answers the question "why is PARKER paddling an old nun on the torture rack?"

/sips coffee

she had it coming
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER Edit...
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-02 12:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

meshi, you need to find (and share) a guide to dummies for audulin
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER Edit...
YouTube Video Placeholder

Can't watch videos, have to asssume this is Triumph.

The song sort of crazy coincidentally came up on my "bit of every god damn genre" playlist not long ago...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back been gone too longers!
First, get you some trust npcs, they are awesome.sign up for sparks and unity.
Second, In your quest log you will find "Record of Eminence"
half of which you have probably already done.. so get on a job you need exp on and turn on some quests, if you already did them they give you exp and stuff and then disappear, if not well... onto 3

Third have as many active quests on as possible as you and your trust npcs kick the living ***out of lair reives in ciezak until you have a full set of bayld gear.

the trick is to complete as many RoE pages at the same time as possible. Have the zone you are in on, spoils active for whatever crystals drop, multiple enemy ones on etc.

poor? Do voidwatch for high dollar drops of reforged relic gear items that go for a million or so

need more money? grind dyna for coins or salvage for alex...or both

Welcome Home!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

REO Speedwaggon, can't fight this feeling
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 12:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Third have as many active quests on as possible as you and your trust npcs kick the living ***out of lair reives in ciezak until you have a full set of bayld gear.

the trick is to complete as many RoE pages at the same time as possible. Have the zone you are in on, spoils active for whatever crystals drop, multiple enemy ones on etc.

poor? Do voidwatch for high dollar drops of reforged relic gear items that go for a million or so

The FFXI coat of arms:
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-02 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back been gone too longers!
First, get you some trust npcs, they are awesome.sign up for sparks and unity.
Second, In your quest log you will find "Record of Eminence"
half of which you have probably already done.. so get on a job you need exp on and turn on some quests, if you already did them they give you exp and stuff and then disappear, if not well... onto 3

Welcome Home!
Screw Bayld armor, may as well go for Spark armor until you can either Reforge Relic/AF, Get Skirmish Gear, or get Delve gear!
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-02 12:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BAYLD, Reforge, skirmish, delve.

wat
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

OK! you got your bayld gear on and some rem's tales stored up and a couple drops towards your reforged relic! What else?

Unity! like sparks they cap at 50,000 so you gotta burn them up and unity nms drop lots of cool stuff

WKR! Wildskeepers rieves (also in ROE!!!) bring ***piles of reraise and get your JSE capes on!

Oboro! after you win exactly ONE high tier battle field you unlock this doucher who has some cool crap you can buy in 1/47th of the time of building a relic

/rocks his three song terpsderp harp like an electric guitar

we'll get to forri porri, skirmish, incursion, and delve later
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 12:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw Bayld armor, may as well go for Spark armor until you can either Reforge Relic/AF, Get Skirmish Gear, or get Delve gear!

A lot of people feel this way...but you are really going to wish you had saved every single spark for Rem's tales about half way through your second job

TRUST ME!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-02 12:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people feel this way...but you are really going to wish you had saved every single spark for Rem's tales about half way through your second job

TRUST ME!
Maybe for 119 upgrades, but if you have a small group(can't remember if Misa is playing with Meshi or not) they'll have more luck using Sparks gear and spamming lower tiers of the battlefields until the gear up and can do higher tiers.

If it's your second job, your first job should already be geared enough to do it imho or else you probably shouldn't be on this second job to begin with.

For 109 upgrades? The seals fights are even simpler and can even be done with trusts.

I just feel Bayld is better saved for either smaller adoulin transactions or for purchasing/selling HQ Bayld for gil.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-03-02 13:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well aren't you just a little rebel today. Who's a little rebel? Is it you? Yes it is! Yes it is!
First time I've been tempted to change avatars in a while.
That being said, it would make the hammer-*** pseudonym a bit more confusing, if still appropriate.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-02 13:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just feel Bayld is better saved for either smaller adoulin transactions or for purchasing/selling HQ Bayld for gil.

Shneddick +1 is awesome though and it's level 117
you can survive a "normal" high tier bcnm battle in it.
and the smaller delve nms you get the accessories from like asperity necklace and earings.

Personally, my drop rate sucks on the easy versions of the bcnm fights. you can get seals that way...but you better have a ***pile of seals
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-03-02 13:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I read some of your words and blacked out due to overexposure.
My brain can only handle so much information at once. "They" call it a "handicap", I call it a faulty valve.

I have purchased sparks gear for all my jobs, and the skill up gear as well. I even finally got my SAM to 49 and have been subbing it on DRK, much to my dismay. I have to admit though, it is a good sub...
*grumbles about /WAR being better, but not socially accepted*
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17202 17203 17204 ... 18549 18550 18551