How The Hell Do You Make Money?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How the hell do you make money?
How the hell do you make money?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-13 08:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Franzrobot said: »
Spiraboo said: »

not sure if Delve is the best option, I tend to come out with 0-1 Airlixers per run, never gotten a +1... There are better options in aby i think.

It's the 5000~ plasm a run which equals 2 +1 airlixirs that makes it a great way to make gil. That's about 600k for 45mins of work.

Nice Franz , good , but what is bugging me is, our Server SUCKS AT hosting those plasma PT, I mean, there is barely enough for the ppl trying to get Weapons and Armor as it is, much less to waste it on Air's +1 >.>

next time you do 1 , plz /tell, still trying to get some Weapons ^^;

So I be able to have em all. ^^/
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-06-13 08:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe it's just the ones you join that suck.
 Phoenix.Archeim
Server: Phoenix
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2013-06-13 08:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Dynamis... DNC as a main gives survivability with Fan Dance. (start saber dance until you start getting beat up, switch to fan dance, so you can heal while having damage mitigated.) Not to mention DNC has a bunch of JA's that can proc.

The pull can either make you or break you. Dont be greedy.

I started going as thf/dnc when i solo which is nice if your evasion is up there. /DNC helps with the healing and the procs, as well as some haste samba.

I'm going for my aegis shield, so when i have gil i buy currency, though some people's currency prices are ridiculous. I should be done with bynes first, so once i am i will start selling those to help fund my acquisition of the remaining currency i need.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-13 08:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »

lol, not what i said bro, i am saying ppl barely do it, even w/o me

XD
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-06-13 08:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright I'm not reading this whole post even though its only 2 pages but there are so many ways to make easy gil even as whom main only.

To name a few.

Sell yours brews in abyssea or try to sell twilight gear flash nova is a hell of a WS if geared or atmaed right.
Fishing take like 20k gil to start and no you don't need a luck shangs to do it, its easy to learn fish bites and after you first day if you fish 200 moats you can sell the stack 5-10k a stack and make your money back no problem.
As others said delve it isn't hard to make a plasma farm my pugs I make usually average 7-8k plasma whmx3 corx2 brdx3 sac 3sam 3war then 3 more of any did you want make sure they just skill chain and kill mobs fast.
Crating I seen it was said but as it was also said you need lots of other levels behind you for it to be a profit.
Abyssea pops throw on 1 dd atma and defense/regency atma and refresh you will be fine to try and solo some pops.
Salvage Alex sells fast make a pug dd thf and whm lock Alex for yourself other still want the gear.
Dynamis unlock bst and level it you don't need good gear but it is a learning process at first. If you do this get the maps and mark the te's.
Sea farming I see a lot of people doing it still.
Znm pops if you do lvl bst.
There are just a lot of ways to make gil if you decide to do fishing pm me I will give you the best way to do it with the ways to make the most gil while you do it clear to 110
By Spiraboo 2013-06-13 08:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Franzrobot said: »
Spiraboo said: »

not sure if Delve is the best option, I tend to come out with 0-1 Airlixers per run, never gotten a +1... There are better options in aby i think.

It's the 5000~ plasm a run which equals 2 +1 airlixirs that makes it a great way to make gil. That's about 600k for 45mins of work.

Ah, of course. Thanks :D
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-13 08:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna Qufim is pretty awful with the sort of mobs you'd encounter. Which is why currency farmers usually hit up Valkurm or Buburimu.

Also if you use a pet job like BST to kill the TEs then if you get a link you can just release/leave the pet to get rid of the links (as long as you haven't touched them yourself).
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-13 11:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Consumables isn't a bad way to go. I have alchemy on my main and cooking on a mule. I check AH prices and stock and then decide what to make. Dyna currency is nice to sell but lately I think those forgotten items are even more worth it... at least on Asura people will pay handsomely. You might also consider starting an einherjar static. Seems like 1,000 ichor = 100k... so sell the valkyrie items. Cluster farming in sky also is not a bad way to make gil. A stack of clusters usually runs for 60k - 100k around here.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-06-13 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

op said it's hard to farm clusters in sky on whm, but cluster farming elsewhere might be decent. could farm dark clusters in xarc if those go for more on your server.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-13 12:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah back when whm was one of my only jobs at 75 I used to farm wind earth lightning and dark clusters. It will be hard to get fire clusters with just whm and light clusters are rare to find outside of sky. I think if whm were my only job and I wanted to make gil my first step would be to level something else xD.

With that being said, do you know about the tele trick? If you teleport near the mog-house and run in right after the spell goes off you don't have to leave the zone. Can pick up quite a few of the 10k tele shouts in the jeuno area that way.
 Fenrir.Acey
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-06-13 12:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Yeah back when whm was one of my only jobs at 75 I used to farm wind earth lightning and dark clusters. It will be hard to get fire clusters with just whm and light clusters are rare to find outside of sky. I think if whm were my only job and I wanted to make gil my first step would be to level something else xD.

With that being said, do you know about the tele trick? If you teleport near the mog-house and run in right after the spell goes off you don't have to leave the zone. Can pick up quite a few of the 10k tele shouts in the jeuno area that way.

Honestly on my whm mule I find it easier to just feel and warp back the zoning trick seems to take way to long to download data on my part
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-13 12:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Ramuh.Lorzy said: »

lol, not what i said bro, i am saying ppl barely do it, even w/o me

XD

I have no reason to make them right now so I dont >.> And ive been really busy lol
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-13 12:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I should say that it probably isn't a great idea to try doing delve for gil if you don't have some decent gear, since you'll mostly just end up annoying people who will then just not want to deal with you.

Just knowing 'how' to heal doesn't really cut it to be honest. In Abbysea it works perfectly fine because you have refresh atmas which make being efficient with healing not really necessary, but if you're doing delve you're basically running around constantly having to toss out heals and not being able to ever rest for mana. From what I've been able to gather, it basically takes about an efficiency level of around 12-14 (as in you get 12-14 HP for each MP spent healing) to really be able to keep up comfortably and safely with plasm farming.

I've just watched so many white mages just fail miserably because their gear was lacking and force runs to fail because they thought they could get away with just going in with some gimpy set.

If you really need gil though I'd stick to trying Dynamis - Buburimu. From my experience a lot of the stuff in there can be a little nastier to fight than Valkurm damage-wise so having a healer can help, and few people really farm the place unless they have some decent gear or are doing a party, so you'd have little competition. I think it was said the OP had a DRK friend, but it may be good to try finding a THF and maybe a BST or whatever else and really just tearing the place up as a group. You also want to make sure you're not just farming anything, but rather the right nightmare mobs at the right time of day so they're weak to JAs so you can proc them that way, and only after getting all 5 TEs, otherwise you'll just waste your time.

If you barely know what you're doing you'd be able to make at least 300k-500k in the couple hours, which is probably better than most other stuff you're able to do for gil.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yamisam
user: Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2013-06-13 12:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kuroganashi

You must miss a lot of shouts then. I see them on Bismarck fairly often.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2013-06-13 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just going to go with the crowd here and say Delve again. If you want to make 'money', you have to go where the 'money' is. Delve is not hard.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-13 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with people pushing someone with limited experience and poor gear into plasm farms. There are gear standards for support jobs, and skill can only go far when it comes to mp efficiency and healing power.

OP, work on that AF+2. I wouldn't give up on Dynamis either (just perhaps work on your situational awareness a bit?). Selling low-level crafting materials worked for me when I restarted my character from scratch and can be farmed by any job. I just wouldn't count on making the big money until your character's gear (and your friend's gear if you like to duo) is a bit more up to par.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-13 12:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Alkaseltzer said: »
I feel like I should say that it probably isn't a great idea to try doing delve for gil if you don't have some decent gear, since you'll mostly just end up annoying people who will then just not want to deal with you.

Just knowing 'how' to heal doesn't really cut it to be honest. In Abbysea it works perfectly fine because you have refresh atmas which make being efficient with healing not really necessary, but if you're doing delve you're basically running around constantly having to toss out heals and not being able to ever rest for mana. From what I've been able to gather, it basically takes about an efficiency level of around 12-14 (as in you get 12-14 HP for each MP spent healing) to really be able to keep up comfortably and safely with plasm farming.

I've just watched so many white mages just fail miserably because their gear was lacking and force runs to fail because they thought they could get away with just going in with some gimpy set.

WHM/RDM with double ballad and evoker on should not have MP issue , unless your DDs kill too slow or BRD COR didn't keep it on.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-13 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm throwing in another vote for working on your skills in Dynamis- the situation you presented in the OP shouldn't really happen that often (The snolls in Qufim are usually pretty far from the TEs, but even if you get one near them it shouldn't be too hard to stand somewhere to avoid magic aggro). It might take a few runs for you to get the TEs down but once you get that down Dynamis farming is pretty easy.

Someone mentioned farming dark rings in Konschtat and that's a good idea too- you'll hit two birds with one stone by getting yourself dark rings for your DT sets while you're working at that.

Also, I'd make Orison Pantaloons +2 a high priority, personally I think it's one of the best pieces of WHM gear in the whole game.
 Bismarck.Annalise
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-06-13 13:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with Kincard. Orison Pantaloons +2 are game changing for white mage. Especially since you are subbing scholar. Between light Arts, Conserve MP procs, and efficient curing you will spend much less on cures. Curagas hitting multiple targets can also be free.

Definitely, in my opinion, the first item a white mage should be shooting for. And not difficult to obtain (with friends or a shout).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-13 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yamisam said: »
@Kuroganashi

I see shouts a lotion Bismarck. Often times I'll see two seperately shouts for the same zone, needing the same jobs, usually PLDs.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-06-13 13:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a job!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jykia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: jykia
By Quetzalcoatl.Jykia 2013-06-13 13:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

alc is still a good money maker, there's never any s/i pots on the ah when i go looking and the price keeps going up for such a basic needed item. and status bolts are always a good seller, ww is stupid easy to lvl if you have an hour or 2 to burn a day (there is some really good guides on the wiki for both, i use xarcangles personally). stick in the ww guild till you can get the boltmaker ki and your golden. take a lil gil to get going but its easy nuff to get it all back with some extra. alc can also make cor cards, with cor being used alot more those should sell fast.
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-06-13 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I disagree with people pushing someone with limited experience and poor gear into plasm farms. There are gear standards for support jobs, and skill can only go far when it comes to mp efficiency and healing power.

It isn't about pushing someone with poor gear into Delve though. It was just about someone who can get the job done, deliberately avoiding joining groups because they were afraid they would get yelled at for being gimp. They wouldn't get yelled at, and they would do fine.
 Fenrir.Genesi
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-13 13:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fish. Do Dynamis Sell Currency. Craft. Do Salvage Sell Alex. Do Delve Sell Airlixirs.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-13 13:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely.

It is very hard to be MP efficient if you don't have specific pieces of gear. You may have it easier with a random ballad and such, but if you don't have the gear that goes with it, and if your Cures are vanilla, you won't reach the minimum level of efficiency.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-06-13 13:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
@Kuroganashi

I see shouts a lotion Bismarck. Often times I'll see two seperately shouts for the same zone, needing the same jobs, usually PLDs.
I see a lot of shouts too. 16/18 for 4-5 hrs because they need 2 x PLD (ochain).
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-13 13:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He won't gain any experience if he doesn't start going in the first place.
BRD+COR+/RDMorSCH = all the mp he'll need. This is a meripo style party. There really isn't anything for him to worry about besides Cure spells and the occasional spell removal. Easy peasy.

FFS. I did just fine main healing as GEO before I got the 30k to buy Rigors and start coming MNK.
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-13 13:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Alkaseltzer said: »

WHM/RDM with double ballad and evoker on should not have MP issue , unless your DDs kill too slow or BRD COR didn't keep it on.

Usually the bards end up being pullers for NMs or mobs along with the corsair so they don't really do ballads normally. I've only seen a bard actually sit there doing ballads and buffing the group once in about 50 or so runs. And when they're pulling they can easily end up spending some 20-30 minutes just screwing around with that, which means you aren't getting ballads.

With evokers you can get them occasionally, but often corsairs are messing around with just pulling and prioritizing buffing the DD, so you can probably get evokers now and then, but I'd say maybe less than half the time in delve you'd get it.

Trying to market yourself out to groups as basically the ***white mage that has to be catered to or else everything is going to fall apart probably isn't going to make a lot of parties happy. Especially when getting just getting a few key pieces of gear would do the trick.

Seems goofy to me that people would really think it's the perfect idea to skip all other content in the game so that they can dive right into end game and expect it shouldn't be a problem. Also it seems a tad odd to me to go "well if you have problems it's cause your DD aren't geared enough cause it can't be me not being geared enough".
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-13 13:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
@Kuroganashi

I see a lot of shouts too. 16/18 for 4-5 hrs because they need 2 x PLD (ochain).

If you're actually holding NMs with 2PLD and the token WHM or 2 instead of sacing them you're wasting valuable DD slots. One PLD + Twilight Set (doesn't even have to be PLD...give me a Twilight Set Job with some Powder Boots and consider the main room cleared of NMs). Game on.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-06-13 13:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, soon i will try again to forma Morimar NM 1-2-3(4) fodder plasm farm run, the last time i did, it was a totall mess and we barely could even kill eft because nobody was listening. And then Hopefully soon a 5NM+Tojil PUG.That would be the best way to get gil as well. Also its more fun then mindlessly slay fodder mobs