New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 54 55 56
By eliroo 2016-12-08 09:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »
It could have been so much better. But like every other FF game from the past 15ish years (barring 13 which is unplayable to a lot of people) it is mediocre.

By mediocre you mean different right?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-08 09:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
FF15 is unique for an FF, since it is the first one to my knowledge, that is mostly freeform and real time during combat.
Type-0 and Lightning Returns could both qualify for that though they're generally not peoples favourites. LR still went into an encounter field though as opposed to just fighting where you stand. 12 on full active might count at a stretch too for some people but you are still chained to dice rolls and can't actively avoid an attack.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-08 09:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

12 was really just a 3d turn based.
By Viciouss 2016-12-08 13:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SE announces free content coming next year

Looks like a New Game+, a God Mode, new content for Chapter 13, new hunts, etc.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-08 13:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
12 was really just a 3d turn based.

Almost, FFXII had a semi-real time combat system in that you could move around and do things but your actions were chained to an ATB timer. And to be honest numbered Final Fantasy shouldn't be real time combat, that's entirely different from core FF mechanics. Real time combat places emphasis on reaction skills and fine motor control over numbers. This is why it's possible to win Dark Souls naked with a club. In real time combat systems your gear just enlarges your margins of error, mistakes don't cost you as much, but your controller input has a larger effect on the outcome of combat then gear. In RPG's it's about numbers and building your particular play style around manipulating those numbers. This is why "Action RPG's" is a misnomer and they are really just "Action / Platform" games with numerical character growth vs static values. Mario's fireball or Ryu's punch always have the same static damage value, there isn't any "Fireball +1" going on (Super Mario RPG notwithstanding).
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-12-08 14:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I like your explanation and differentiation of the mechanics behind traditional RPGs and action games Saevel. That explanation makes it crystal clear how SE surely is blurring the line between the mechanics of their old, traditional RPGs, that much of their old fanbase wants, and the mechanics of an action game, which they seem to be adamantly pursuing to mix into their old RPG formula instead of preserving the old formula.

I'm not saying old is bad here; I'm also numbered among the old fanbase. SE, give me more of your (Square's, actually) traditional RPGs - the RPGs that made me a FF fan. I do also enjoy action RPGs, like your very own Kingdom Hearts, which FFXV's combat system closely resembles in certain ways, but I don't go to a main numbered FF title seeking that kind of gameplay.

This is not meant to downplay how their emphasis on graphics/engine is coming at the cost of a great deal of the story elements that their traditional FF titles were known for - basically FF #'s 1-12 kept strong stories - that is possibly a bigger gripe of mine than the altered mechanics.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-12-08 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

wth did I buy the season pass for again? >_>
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-08 15:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually expansion-y stuff.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-08 16:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RolandJ said: »
I like your explanation and differentiation of the mechanics behind traditional RPGs and action games Saevel. That explanation makes it crystal clear how SE surely is blurring the line between the mechanics of their old, traditional RPGs, that much of their old fanbase wants, and the mechanics of an action game, which they seem to be adamantly pursuing to mix into their old RPG formula instead of preserving the old formula.

I'm not saying old is bad here; I'm also numbered among the old fanbase. SE, give me more of your (Square's, actually) traditional RPGs - the RPGs that made me a FF fan. I do also enjoy action RPGs, like your very own Kingdom Hearts, which FFXV's combat system closely resembles in certain ways, but I don't go to a FF title seeking that kind of gameplay.

This is not meant to downplay how their emphasis on graphics/engine is coming at the cost a great deal of the story elements that their traditional FF titles were known for (basically, #'s 1-12 kept strong stories) - that is possibly a bigger gripe of mine than the altered mechanics.

I like some action RPG's, just wish SE would have a different product line name for them. Like how they called the strategic RPG's "Tactics" and so forth. Then they could develop different games with different teams and we would know what the focus would be, traditional JRPG or action orientated. I loved Secret of Mana and the Tales series.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-08 20:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-08 20:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Viciouss said: »

wth did I buy the season pass for again? >_>
FFXV Holiday Pack (tentative name)
FFXV Booster Pack (tentative name)
FFXV Episode Gladiolus (tentative name)
FFXV Episode Ignis (tentative name)
FFXV Episode Prompto (tentative name)
FFXV Expansion Pack: Comrades (tentative name)
By Viciouss 2016-12-08 21:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really keen on them releasing paid character DLC, when this game had the worst character development of any main title released in the last 20 years. Even if you unlocked the campfire conversations and buddy quests, the backstory for the 3 bros was nonexistent.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-08 22:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Running around Hammerhead when a magitek ship shows up and Aranea drops from it in a small cutscene

I run over to check it out and she jumps into the sky and disappears and the ship flies off

What
By Viciouss 2016-12-08 22:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

She will come and join the party during random fights, typically at night against daemons.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-09 00:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-09 01:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

AP Farming Spot if you want to get some AP quickly

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-09 10:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mfw I go to fight a couple "Tonberry Knights" for a quest and they
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-09 11:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-09 12:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-09 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic feels like high powered grenades in FFXV. I like it. I did some Mindflayer bounty right after making a Quintcast Firaga-Blizzaga-Thundaga. Threw one cast of it on them, and they took like 40k damage and got vaporized lol.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-12-09 13:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Vicious Zvahl said: »
Magic feels like high powered grenades in FFXV. I like it. I did some Mindflayer bounty right after making a Quintcast Firaga-Blizzaga-Thundaga. Threw one cast of it on them, and they took like 40k damage and got vaporized lol.

I got wrecked by them >.> granted only lvl 30 in chapter 3 xD and only tried double-cast magic. cant wait to go back and get my revenge on them!
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-09 19:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure everyone gets this pic, but ya done good Prompto.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-12-11 16:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I really am enjoying this game (and just beat last night) but omg the one thing that drives me insane:

Time to get in my car! *jumpjumpjump* ...no... get IN the car... *jump* ... sigh.

Okay time to turn this quest i... *jump jump* ...okay, slow down, ok I'm not moving at all, screen says hit X for quest *jump* ***!

I want to hit whoever's idea it was to make X the confirm and jump button.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-12-11 20:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Vicious Zvahl said: »

I got wrecked by them >.> granted only lvl 30 in chapter 3 xD and only tried double-cast magic. cant wait to go back and get my revenge on them!

im loving the magic for quests above me, but the whole hitting everyone around it? anyway to keep your teammates out of the way? i usually say screw it and just blow em up, poor prompto with that lolhp
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-11 20:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the season pass, is it something I can buy later on and not miss out on anything? And is that something that goes for other games as well with season passes? I don't typically get DLC except the occasional costume in Tales games.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-11 20:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Regarding the season pass, is it something I can buy later on and not miss out on anything? And is that something that goes for other games as well with season passes? I don't typically get DLC except the occasional costume in Tales games.
I think the seasons pass will be taken down at somepoint but you can still get everything on it... Season pass is basically pre ordering all of the dlc for less then they would cost total otherwise.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2016-12-11 23:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
I really am enjoying this game (and just beat last night) but omg the one thing that drives me insane:

Time to get in my car! *jumpjumpjump* ...no... get IN the car... *jump* ... sigh.

Okay time to turn this quest i... *jump jump* ...okay, slow down, ok I'm not moving at all, screen says hit X for quest *jump* ***!

I want to hit whoever's idea it was to make X the confirm and jump button.

Or when your quest/mission tells you to run away, and you press circle to sprint and run aw... LOL NO TO DRAW A WEAPON AND ENGAGE BACK ... -.-
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-12-12 00:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about 25 hours in and I feel like I'm either missing a few aspects of the game or maybe it's just one of those minor faults of it.

Like I have an awful lot of loot from monsters and it seems to be completely meaningless? Do you just sell it to the shop? I'm afraid of selling something I actually need and I seem to have plenty of gil anyway, which is another issue. Weapons and accessories still seem very cheap compared to the amount of gil I have on hand, so I feel like I'm missing something there too. Also I don't think I've found a single new set of attire yet. Are they just really rare or is upgrading your attire really not something that's part of the main game?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-12-12 00:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I'm about 25 hours in and I feel like I'm either missing a few aspects of the game or maybe it's just one of those minor faults of it.

Like I have an awful lot of loot from monsters and it seems to be completely meaningless? Do you just sell it to the shop? I'm afraid of selling something I actually need and I seem to have plenty of gil anyway, which is another issue. Weapons and accessories still seem very cheap compared to the amount of gil I have on hand, so I feel like I'm missing something there too. Also I don't think I've found a single new set of attire yet. Are they just really rare or is upgrading your attire really not something that's part of the main game?

A lot of the treasures are mainly used as catalysts for creating spells (different items give the spells different effects). DO NOT SELL YOUR DEBASED OR RARE COINS.

In the earlier parts of the game weapons are still fairly cheap. Later on there are some more expensive weapons (expensive being relative). Usually you can find just about any item you can buy simply by exploring. I'm only in Ch.8 myself so not too sure how much money you need at endgame.

From what I've seen attire options comes in later in the game. The main gear choices being in your weapons and accessories for most of the game. I don't think there are a lot of attire options but I do know there are a few good ones at endgame. Personally, I think attire is more for looks and the effects are mostly just secondary (or crap).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-12 01:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The mob drops you can put into making spells, put in all of them and you might end up with 60+ spells instead of 3 or 4 spells
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 54 55 56