users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 54 55 56
By Artemicion 2014-09-22 14:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
X-2 only female characters.

Nothing wrong with an all male pc. And this comes from a woman.

I'd probably be able to pardon this turned table if it weren't for the fact that X-2 was pretty much a fan service game.

I'm okay with different genders between primary and secondary characters, as long as they have a personality slightly more interesting than a pair of pants. But I suppose my primary concern is not so much gender equality, but rather a forced perspective. A game as grand and diverse as a Final Fantasy title definitely deserves to be viewed through the eyes of more than just your cliche rag-tag and their lofty objective.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-22 14:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The emphasis was notably on them. Even FF8 switched character often but still Squall is the main.
The majority of the time it was Squall as the number uno spot though.

Every character had a little side story/event where they were the leader, but about 95% of the time it's all Squall.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-22 14:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a Final Fantasy where people swear alot. Cause we wanna stay relevant with the cool kids.

If these dudes all exude cool like Balthier/Auron/Cid though and have witty banter then I'll gladly shut the *** up and put down my 100 hours easy.

Didn't people want a FFX prequel? That woulda been a brofest but with old dudes so it'd have been more fun. I'm just scared this games gonna be an awkward teen brofest where I'm cringing at the screen at what passes for teenage dudes.

"Yo Braska, Jechts drunk again"
"*sigh* Where is he?"
"Face down in a pile of Chocobo dung."
"Why did we bring this guy along again?"
"The beard. And we're all outcasts. And he's got a mean sword arm."
"Right. On to saving the world... and Jecht from himself."
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-22 14:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting an old post I made last year.

Artemicion said: »
I was thinking to myself how cool it would have been if rather than making such a whimsical sequel to FFX, if they made a prequel that followed the exploits of Auron, Lord Braska and Ject on their pilgrimage.
Would definitely help add some weight to the origins and motives behind Yuna, as well as Tidus' eternal conflict with his father.
As well as Auron's

Also I think Ject deserved a lot more background given than the vague answers minimal context we got in FFX.

Quoted spoilers are broke, so here's what I had originally put under the blanket:

Double edit: Spoilers are broken altogether, so *** it:
Auron's post death obligation to being Yuna's guardian.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-22 15:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting an old post I made last year.

I was thinking to myself how cool it would have been if rather than making such a whimsical sequel to FFX, if they made a prequel that followed the exploits of Auron, Lord Braska and Ject on their pilgrimage.
Would definitely help add some weight to the origins and motives behind Yuna, as well as Tidus' eternal conflict with his father.
As well as Auron's

Also I think Ject deserved a lot more background given than the vague answers minimal context we got in FFX.

Quoted spoilers are broke, so here's what I had originally put under the blanket:

Double edit: Spoilers are broken altogether, so *** it:
Auron's post death obligation to being Yuna's guardian.
If they made a FFX Minus I that told the back story of FFX, I would play it, even if it's a bunch of dudes only (which it is).
By Artemicion 2014-09-24 21:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Some added perspective and input on the given trailers/demos really shed some better light on how FFXV is likely to be conducted as a game as well as a story. It has promise, but not even SE is immune from *** things up, so my excitement and pessimism are both cranked to 11, as contrary as that sounds.
By Artemicion 2014-09-24 22:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like someone went digging through Squeenix's patent and revealed that there is going to be a single button action button to add fluidity to combat and things of the like.

Which has the potential to make battles more fluid and dynamic, which would be fantastic, but it also has negative impact if implemented poorly. EA is already guilty of *** that department up.

By Artemicion 2014-09-30 00:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's legitimately disappointing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-30 00:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So can we start using the phrase "Casual" in reference to FF in general now, like we do "Barance" for XI?

Hopefully the fans call for his resignation, because *** that.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-30 01:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy was never really difficult, it had grinding and some challenging optional bosses.

Unfortunately it never really opened up to difficulty, always tried to be as accessible as possible.

The only challenges were when players created challenge runs placing restrictions on yourself to make the game more difficult.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-30 01:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, the fact that directors changed really should worry people. I don't see any good that can come from it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-30 01:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Final Fantasy was never really difficult, it had grinding and some challenging optional bosses.

Unfortunately it never really opened up to difficulty, always tried to be as accessible as possible.

The only challenges were when players created challenge runs placing restrictions on yourself to make the game more difficult.
These things are part of difficulty...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2014-09-30 01:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the most optimistic outlook is that they switched directors so that they can rush FFXV and KH3 out the door as quickly as possible. It only goes downhill from there.

As for the whole casual thing, I want to believe it's when compared to other action games, not when compared to JRPGs.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-30 01:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed X, but it was rather linear.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-09-30 01:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, the fact that directors changed really should worry people. I don't see any good that can come from it.

shouldn't be worried at all, the guy who made Type-0 is in charge atm while nomura can focus on KH3, if anything this is a good thing.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-09-30 04:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

shouldn't be worried at all, the guy who made Type-0 is in charge atm while nomura can focus on KH3, if anything this is a good thing.
Type-0 isn't that good to brag about it actually. It's just a normal game with some strong points and quite a few weak ones.
I'm Chapter 5 having done the optional stuff for second playthroughs so far, so some things might still change. Not going to spoiler though, just via PM.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-30 12:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because the music in this game is amazing so far

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-15 08:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 21:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XV Director Confirms No Character Switching and New Combat Details

Final Fantasy XV is Square Enix’s proverbial son, returning after its announcement 8 years ago. With development restarting nearly 2 years ago, under Hajime Tabata’s new direction, fans have been concerned with possible changes to the project. Tabata cleared up a few misconceptions in this morning’s Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Extended Talk Show, including the hotly debated combat system and rumored character switching feature.

When asked if Final Fantasy XV‘s combat would really require holding down one button, Tabata responded, “It’s not that simple! (Laughs.) Yes, when you continue to hold down the guard button, you can basically auto-guard and evade, but it consumes MP. You can’t infinitely evade. You have to think about timing, when it’s a good idea to attack or evade. Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods.”

“When you push the attack button, you invoke the standard combo. You can change the actions by using it in coordination with the directional buttons,” Tabata continued. “The actions change depending on your circumstances—things like whether you’re guarding and whether the timing is right, (imagine in this circumstance: when you’re guarding, you might get a chance to counterattack or something), or if your companions are nearby.”

In response to questions whether the game’s combat resembled Type-0 or Kingdom Hearts, Tabata noted, “when you push the attack button, you invoke the standard combo, which is similar to Type-0. Considering the battle system as a whole, however, it is different from both Type-0 and Kingdom Hearts.”

And then there’s character switching. Whether this would be possible in Final Fantasy XV or not has been a back and forth discussion. Tabata cleared up any confusion on this subject as well: “Everyone on the development team thoroughly looked into an Active Cross Battle system that made free use of attack, guard, and co-op functions, but as a result they arrived at the conclusion that changing characters would be too difficult. In order to create a new and interesting battle system, we ended up not being able to put in the character switching.”

Tabata also shared that there will be an independent jump button, free running ability, and continuous co-op chain moves.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-16 21:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XV Director Confirms No Character Switching and New Combat Details

Final Fantasy XV is Square Enix’s proverbial son, returning after its announcement 8 years ago. With development restarting nearly 2 years ago, under Hajime Tabata’s new direction, fans have been concerned with possible changes to the project. Tabata cleared up a few misconceptions in this morning’s Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Extended Talk Show, including the hotly debated combat system and rumored character switching feature.

When asked if Final Fantasy XV‘s combat would really require holding down one button, Tabata responded, “It’s not that simple! (Laughs.) Yes, when you continue to hold down the guard button, you can basically auto-guard and evade, but it consumes MP. You can’t infinitely evade. You have to think about timing, when it’s a good idea to attack or evade. Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods.”

“When you push the attack button, you invoke the standard combo. You can change the actions by using it in coordination with the directional buttons,” Tabata continued. “The actions change depending on your circumstances—things like whether you’re guarding and whether the timing is right, (imagine in this circumstance: when you’re guarding, you might get a chance to counterattack or something), or if your companions are nearby.”

In response to questions whether the game’s combat resembled Type-0 or Kingdom Hearts, Tabata noted, “when you push the attack button, you invoke the standard combo, which is similar to Type-0. Considering the battle system as a whole, however, it is different from both Type-0 and Kingdom Hearts.”

And then there’s character switching. Whether this would be possible in Final Fantasy XV or not has been a back and forth discussion. Tabata cleared up any confusion on this subject as well: “Everyone on the development team thoroughly looked into an Active Cross Battle system that made free use of attack, guard, and co-op functions, but as a result they arrived at the conclusion that changing characters would be too difficult. In order to create a new and interesting battle system, we ended up not being able to put in the character switching.”

Tabata also shared that there will be an independent jump button, free running ability, and continuous co-op chain moves.

All I saw was Hold left and press A you will do some lame move. it would need to be more like Street fighter where is Up, down, Diagonal Left up and A B and left bumper to be any good.

I'm also not remotely shocked to see SE has already had to admit its failed at one of it's concepts it was looking at introducing. Don't dangle a carrot then pull it away and expect people to buy the stick.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 21:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
There is an error with this image, it should say 30 discs not 3.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 21:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
All I saw was Hold left and press A you will do some lame move. it would need to be more like Street fighter where is Up, down, Diagonal Left up and A B and left bumper to be any good.

Haven't even tried it yet. How about reserving judgement until the demo comes out lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-16 21:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Still haven't seen anything worth getting excited for.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-16 21:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Haven't even tried it yet. How about reserving judgement until the demo comes out lol

No, I'd like to be all like "this will be ***" then be pleasently surprised if it's not, however it probably will suck a chode so I will not be Dissapointed when I find out I was right.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-16 23:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tabata: Final Fantasy XV’s Release Window Already Set, But it Could Be Slightly Later Than We Expect

Final Fantasy XV game director Hajime Tabata mentioned during an interview with the French site Gamekult that Square Enix has already set a release window for the game, but it could be later than people expect.

The progress of Final Fantasy XV is going very well. For now we managed to release the debut trailer at Tokyo Game Show and the reception has been extraordinaire and the morale of the team is great. Everyone is working very hard on the development.

Regarding the question of whether we have enough members in the team, it is a concern that we have to answer ourselves at this time, because the more we move towards the final version, the more we have to produce huge amounts of content, we are really in a phase of mass production.

To do this, we need more people to help us, so we are in recruiting in full force to strengthen the team. We are trying to find the right people to lead the development to completion.

I can not give the exact date, but I can tell you that the target release window and year in which it will be launched have already been set. We are working to release the game on time, but it might take a little more time than you expect.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-16 23:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XV Will Have Airships, Plus The Car Is Customizable

Final Fantasy fans will be happy to know that Final Fantasy XV will bring back the airships that have been missing from the series in recent years.

Finaland had a chance to inteview Hajime Tabata about Final Fantasy XV. Tabata was recently attending the Paris Games Week earlier this month and was available to answer questions from a ton of media outlets. Finaland had a chance to talk about the vehicles that appear in the game.

First of all, Tabata said that the car you see in Final Fantasy XV is “customizable“. He didn’t go into further detail on this, but described the car as a “fifth character and the fifth companion“. He said the car will be around with you throughout the entire game so that’s cool to hear.

From the trailers we have seen from Final Fantasy XV so far, the car is black. It would be cool if you can add different colors if that’s part of the “customization” Tabata is referring to.

As for airships in Final Fantasy XV, they are in the game but are related to the “opposing faction in the game and the story“. He didn’t want to share anymore details, but said they will reveal more on it later.

This could suggest Noctis and the gang could steal an airship later on in the game and use it to fly around. We’ll wait for more details to see if that’s a scenario that could happen in Final Fantasy XV.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-16 23:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XV’s World Map Is Huge; Has Many Towns and Intriguing Features

A few days ago Square Enix released the high definition version of a tech demo for Final Fantasy XV showing, among other things, what seems to be a model of the world map used for 3D scanning.

While we have no absolute evidence that it’s indeed the full world map of the game, it definitely seems like it, and it includes plenty features we can speculate on. Of course none of the details below has been officially announced by Square Enix, so take them as an interesting (but unconfirmed) glimpse on the probable future.

First of all, here’s the map, shown from four different angles:

One of the most prominent features of the map is the large gulf with what definitely seems to be a city in the middle and around it (it’s very visible because the color of the water is lavender-ish). That’s Accordo, the beautiful Venice-like City we’ve seen in previous trailers.

The trick to gauge its size compared to the map, is in the round depression you see in the picture above. It’s very small, but it can be noticed in a brighter color. In the picture below you can see the size of the frame above roughly translated on the map, alongside all the other features I could identify.

As you can see, the map appears to be really huge, and there’s quite a lot to see.

First of all, there are several man-made features that appear to be cities or villages. Besides Accordo, we can see at least five major cities. There are also some smaller towns.

Roughly in the middle of the map there are two settlements quite close to each other across a large river. Those could be two separate towns, a town and a castle/fort on the other side, or a single major city that spans both banks of the river.

Two structures that look a bit more “solid” and focused than other towns could be castles, but could also simply be towns themselves.

We can see a volcano, an archipelago, which could house a tropical-like area, and a large sandy area which could even be the location of a resort area similar to Costa Del Sol.

The whole map seems to be very rugged, with large elevation changes and mountain chains. There are even two major Canyons. Contributing to the rugged appearance, it seems that the continent has been battered quite a bit from the sky. There are at least three places that seem to include a crater formed by a meteor or similar entity.

The tallest mountain close to the center of the map also seems broken, with an enormous chasm right in the middle. Unfortunately the angles we’ve been shown make seeing it clearly a little difficult.

Finally, there’s a huge structure of a fully unknown nature. it seems to be man-made, and at least partly damaged (maybe by another meteor?). At the moment we don’t know what it is, but considering its prominence, it’s probable that it’ll play an important role.

Ultimately, if this is really Final Fantasy XV‘s full world map, and if it offers the freedom of exploration that developer comments and vidoes seem to indicate (especially due to the presence of a car and airship), we might be looking at the dream of many Final Fantasy fans coming true.
It’s huge, it has plenty interesting features, and it’s quite reminiscent of the old, glorious overworld maps earlier Final Fantasy games featured, but this time it’s in glorious next-gen 3D.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-12-20 10:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

2014「FINAL FANTASY XV ジャンプフェスタ2015 トレーラー」

Also, english voice acting trailer:
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 54 55 56