Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Ascetics Fury
Ascetics Fury
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-03 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to get some feedback on what's going to be more important in Delve for Ascetics as far as stacking more crit rate gear or str/vit/att, or whether or not it's even worth using in Delve. I love this WS, and I haven't had a chance to test it out yet with Rigor in Delve since I've mostly been on pup.

This is the set I am working on,

ItemSet 303069

I wasn't too sure whether Thurandaut head would be better than Thaumas since Thaumas has crit rate +4% and for the neck slot I was thinking Nefarious Collar. This is all based on whether it's actually better to stack more crit rate, or is the crit rate ONLY affected by the amount of TP. If that were the case I would switch out the crit rate gear for str/vit for the 50% mods.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-03 10:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda answered some of my own questions I guess after using the spreedsheet. Looks like Ascetics is near useless compared to a well geared Shijin. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong but that's how it came up, swapped out the crit rate + gear as the STR/VIT seemed to have a much greater impact.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-04 04:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ascetic's becomes very useful as your cRatio approaches 1.0 and lower, potentially becoming your best weaponskill. If you're very well buffed, it doesn't compete with the other weaponskills.