Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: evilsub
By Odin.Evilsub 2017-03-02 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Taffy said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Baddog said: »
Also critical ranged is dAGI rather than dDEX of melee. So if you're stacking dex for your ws mod you are losing some critical chance on jishnu.

That's a big reason, the biggest is that DEX does absolutely nothing for ranged WS's, similar to how AGI does absolutely nothing for melee WS's. Further more, gear with lots of Ranged Attack / Ranged Accuracy also tends to have more AGI then DEX, gearing just for DEX leaves you missing out on Ranged Acc / Atk. It's a bad situation to be in because it prevents the WS from being exploited for huge damage like Last Stand is. A long long time ago me and Byrth got into a discussion regarding JR vs LS and I was supporting JR (this is before iLevel vommit) because you could get it to be about the same. The problem was that AGI effects crit and it's far easier to stack one WS mode then multiple, so on higher level stuff the extra acc from AGI paid off more.

I honestly do believe a developer at SE screwed up the WS mods for Blade: Hi and JR and just refused to acknowledge it.

And then there was this https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Utu_Grip

An irrelevant grip to a Rng since Rng can't even use it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2017-03-06 12:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So just completed my i119 Yomi recently and been looking to workout sets for Namas Arrow. Been looking over the forums trying to find more up to date sets, but only ones I've been finding are either grossly out of date or missing all together. Mainly looking for midrange and top end for the sets. (Note: A i119 I stage at the moment, working on i119 III currently)

Plus side note: While doing some testing, I noticed on Namas that even on the same targets and same level range, the numbers on it go all over the place. Seen this happen even w/o Aftermath, Double Shot or anything else up for that matter. Can anyone explain that? (Kinda new to the relic game so not sure of this is a trait of relics or what it is.) According to BG, the only thing that TP effects is the duration of the AM, but the behavior is acting more like a TP>Damage WS. It's not a crit WS so that really doesn't explain it and from what I've read, the 40% WSD is always active not a proc chance.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2017-03-06 12:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I can think of on the top of my head is distance correction. Was your distance to the enemy consistent in your testing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2017-03-06 12:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
Only thing I can think of on the top of my head is distance correction. Was your distance to the enemy consistent in your testing?

Tried in both sweet spots, long range (20+) and melee range and saw it in all instances. Test targets were mainly the crickets in Reisnjema if that's any help.
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-03-06 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had trusts out it could be because of buffs/dia, which can vary (qultada rolls for example)
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2017-03-06 12:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »
If you had trusts out it could be because of buffs/dia, which can vary (qultada rolls for example)
Trusts our were AAEV and Sylvie (Checked it with and without Fury up) same thing happened.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-03-06 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My money is on sylvie not always tagging the mob with frailty then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 00:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Noticing not a lot on the topic I decided to play around with Bounty and Treasure Hunter. Amini Gloves +1 and TH+4 I am able to land Bounty Shot 5 initially, and so far I have gotten it up to 7. Has anyone else experienced this? What does it cap at?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-13 00:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Noticing not a lot on the topic I decided to play around with Bounty and Treasure Hunter. Amini Gloves +1 and TH+4 I am able to land Bounty Shot 5 initially, and so far I have gotten it up to 7. Has anyone else experienced this? What does it cap at?

Define "Initially". Is that the first message that you see? That Treasure Hunter has risen to level 5? Reason I ask is, Bounty Shot + Amini Glovettes +1 give a base of TH4, BUT, you do not see that in the chat log. Merely that is has been used. Every time its used after that, if it procs, you will see the message that the mobs Treasure Hunter Value has increased.

As far as people know, TH+ gear has zero effect on Bounty Shot.

Bounty Shot has been tested, for 600+ times on the same mob, and TH11 was observed. However, the higher the TH level, the rarer the chance of upgrading.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 00:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the Chat log says TH has risen to Level 5
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-13 00:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the Chat log says TH has risen to Level 5

Are you wearing TH+4 gear and doing an action on the mob before you use Bounty Shot? If you are, then you have already landed TH4, and the first time you use Bounty Shot, it is upgrading the pre-existing Bounty Shot to TH5.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 00:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With no BS gloves

TH+1 left BS at 2
TH+2 got BS to 3
TH+3 got BS to 4

With gloves and /thf
TH+1 from gear sometimes got me 5,
TH+2 from gear got me 5

With just gloves and no /thf
TH+4 was needed to get BS 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 00:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok without engaging or any other Action but using Bounty Shot once I got TH5. So Could it be Applying TH4 for "Hostile" action and then calculating Bounty Shots effect after that?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-13 01:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok without engaging or any other Action but using Bounty Shot once I got TH5. So Could it be Applying TH4 for "Hostile" action and then calculating Bounty Shots effect after that?

Thats odd. From everything I have experienced, it has been
Bounty Shot = TH2 base
Bounty Shot + Sylvan Glovettes +1/+2 and Amini Glovettes = TH3 base
Bounty Shot + Amini Glovettes +1 = TH4 base

from there, I could have sworn that I experienced that TH+ gear had zero effect on Bounty Shot. However, if you had TH4 in gear/traits, and did an initial attack, then used Bounty Shot, it would increase it to TH5.

Perhaps I am mistaken. Though, it's been a while since I've really used Ranger.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 01:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Thats odd. From everything I have experienced, it has been
Bounty Shot = TH2 base
Bounty Shot + Sylvan Glovettes +1/+2 and Amini Glovettes = TH3 base
Bounty Shot + Amini Glovettes +1 = TH4 base

from there, I could have sworn that I experienced that TH+ gear had zero effect on Bounty Shot. However, if you had TH4 in gear/traits, and did an initial attack, then used Bounty Shot, it would increase it to TH5.

Perhaps I am mistaken. Though, it's been a while since I've really used Ranger.

I think it is applying the TH and then rolling to see if Bounty Shot took effect.
By Davorin 2017-03-13 01:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What zone are you in? There's a possible TH+ Domain Invasion blessing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 01:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was outside Audolin *** with mandies.
By Davorin 2017-03-13 01:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's likely Ionis then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 01:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-13 01:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All you need to test the concept is /thf with no th or bounty shot gear.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-03-13 05:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Took this pic months ago:
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-03-22 13:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are Ilvl status bolts right? Are they worth getting?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2017-03-22 13:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Abrasion bolts?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-03-22 15:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is applying the TH and then rolling to see if Bounty Shot took effect.

Yes, this.

If you have TH+4 or more in gear/traits (or Amini hands plus more TH gear), Bounty Shot can proc to level that up to TH5 even if it is the very first action on a mob, with no Ionis/blessings/etc. added.

I was quite sure of this, but just verified again in Palborough Mines, no buffs/signet at all, completely solo with no trusts, initial action on the mob was Bounty Shot without even engaging. Tested the following setups:

(1) TH+6 in gear, no empy gloves (I used TH+2 Herculean hands/feet, TH+1 Herculean helm, Chaac Belt)
(2) TH+4 in gear, no empy gloves (TH+2 herc feet, TH+1 Herc Helm, Chaac Belt)
(3) Amini+1 gloves plus TH+4 more in gear (Herc helm TH+1, feet TH+2, Chaac Belt TH+1)
(4) Amini+1 gloves plus only TH+1 more in gear (Chaac Belt)
(5) Amini+1 gloves only (meaning TH+4 from the ability's base TH+2 plus the additional Bounty Shot+2 on gloves)

For ALL of (1), (2), (3) and (4): Sometimes the intial Bounty Shot action gives no message, meaning the TH+4 cap from gear/traits for non THF-mains was applied. Sometimes the initial shot gave a Treasure Hunter 5 message, meaning the TH4 from gear was applied first then there was an additional TH+1 from successful Bounty Shot level up proc.

For (5): I saw TH4 message every time, never a TH5 in ~25+ attempts. Pretty sure that without any additional TH, using Amini+1 gloves alone has a cap of TH4 (on initial Bounty Shot) and are not TH4 PLUS a chance at level up proc. As shown in sets (3) and (4), using ANY amount of additional TH gear gives a chance for Bounty Shot proc to TH5 on initial hit.

Also relevant, when using Amini+1 gloves only, first Bounty Shot will always give a TH4 message on use (similarly, using the JA with no associated gear always gives a TH2 message assuming no other TH is already on the mob). This leads me to believe that TH must be counted first, since I can demonstrate regularly getting no message on first action Bounty Shot when using TH+4 or more in gear. TH = doesn't give a message. JA (or THF) giving TH "increase" proc = gives a message.

One last point: I suspect Bounty Shot does NOT work like THF TH in considering higher than "gear cap" TH gear for purposes of improving likelihood of a TH+ proc (just like THF main pre-gifts could have more than TH+8 in equipped gear, and while it doesn't affect initial application of TH it does make TH level ups above TH8 more likely). However, as an instant JA, there's really no downside in putting your max TH gear in a Bounty Shot macro juuuust in case higher values do make procs above TH4 more likely.
[+]
 Bismarck.Norminator
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2017-03-22 22:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Verda ,

I'm using your gearswap but it seen like when i'm using Last stand WS the gear doesn't swap correctly.

sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'] = { ...

Could you help me ?

Thx
By Feanorsof 2017-03-31 19:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a RNG lua which includes AM3 set? In particular one that will differentiate between weapons as well? i.e don't want empy AM3 set on when Relic AM3 is up.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-31 20:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@Capuchin-

THANK YOU for recent testing. I had felt similar thoughts but don't have TH4+ gear for my RNG to test as you did. Guess I know where I'll be spending the next dark matter campaign...
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-04-01 00:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Feanorsof said: »
Does anyone have a RNG lua which includes AM3 set? In particular one that will differentiate between weapons as well? i.e don't want empy AM3 set on when Relic AM3 is up.

I'm looking for someeyhing like this as well. Don't necessarily care for the empy am3 part but one that will differentiate between relics and aeonics without being overly complicated to use.
By Feanorsof 2017-04-01 05:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda's lua would work for you, it just doesn't have AM3 logic in it
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-04-01 07:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Feanorsof said: »
Verda's lua would work for you, it just doesn't have AM3 logic in it

Verda's lua seems really complex.... is it easier to use than it seems written?
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 130 131 132