Forum » FFXI » General » R/M/E Rumors collection
R/M/E Rumors collection
 Bahamut.Niisan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Niisan
By Bahamut.Niisan 2013-05-03 14:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion - and, honestly, it's just an opinion.

I love the idea of the WS/afterglow unlock for a job.

It gives you a bit of utility from the old with the new while they look at ways to progress the RMEc into the new content. Is it relevant? Not really, but at least its something to buy time with.

Should they have thought about what to do with RMEc already? Yep! Should they have just given us a straight answer instead of pussyfooting around? Definitely! But they have always said that they're going to keep them relevant - which may simply translate into "situational" and, honestly, in the current content it'd be worth it to adopt a "wait and see" approach while people gain the new weapons and gear to see what the best way to keep things relevant is. After all, as you've all noted: a big D is nice, but it's not everything.

edit: put another way, a wait for relevancy is better than an immediate update that does absolutely nothing for the weapon's usefulness.
By tallica 2013-05-03 18:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously? Unlock the WS? I really hope that's not it...
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-05-03 18:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant wait to use Drakesbane with the new polea.....o
Giersko......o....
Camla....FFFFFFFF.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-03 18:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Reduce trials 90-95 down to 500 Heavy Metal. Makes it more realistic for most players.
2. Make Glowy (for cool effect) an automatic given at 99.
3. Take into account the Damage on Blu spells being none comparible to a 130D sword and the new GS out there making spells Wiff compared to the sheer DPS.
4. Give all 1 handed weapons an En dmg effect like "enthunder +60dmg" per swing ~
5. Haste merits???? For gear? For Magic? For Job Ability cap???

Increase all Crit ws to 2x crit chance ~

Make alexandrite way more obtainable, allows people 1 tag every 1 hour for Assault to spam Mythics.

Should I continue?

ALL OF THESE ARE WAY BETTER IDEAS THAN ADDING WEAPONS WITH 250+ DAMAGE THAT DESTRoY RELICS. SERIOUSLY WHAT IS THIS GUY SMOKING AND WHERE DO I GET SOME???
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2013-05-03 18:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard you get to fuse the 3 99's together with the delve base weapon to form the ultimate weapon!

Also heard skirmish is going to drop pouches with 50-99 HM's, 10,000 alex pieces and even cat's eyes!

If we want to play like gods, so be it says SE
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-03 18:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Make alexandrite way more obtainable, allows people 1 tag every 1 hour for Assault to spam Mythics
Neo Nyzul all day every day
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-03 18:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

R/M/E/C.
C.
C?
 Lye
By Lye 2013-05-03 18:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as aftermath carries over, that's cool with me.
By skyehope928 2013-05-04 06:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to do something
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-05-04 07:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

skyehope928 said: »

Dannie said: »
Quote:
05-02-2013 03:31 AM #1 Camate
View Profile View Forum Posts
Community Rep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level 99 Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and WoE Weapons
Greetings everyone,

Below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui about level 99 relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes weapons.

Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
Matsui here.

I have some follow-up information regarding how we plan to build be "Sorry, but I cannot answer that right now."

Once the content has been fleshed out and confirmed I will be sure to let you all know the details, but please give me some time.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 07:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have information from the inside and the update to RME will absolutely blow your mind - RME99 - particularly Mythics - will reign in the Delve weapons and rise to the top of the pack - even in the case where that particular weapon was not on top before

Matsui has heard the concerns of the player base and will respond with an incredible upgrade system unlike anything we've ever seen - so don't cancel your accounts! You're going to need stuff from Delve to upgrade your RME and you'll be glad you kept up with the content

It's going to be awesome - we're all in for a wild ride!
By fonewear 2013-05-04 07:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

skyehope928 said: »

They already did something and look at the results.
By skyehope928 2013-05-04 07:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean with the rem make them great again
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2013-05-04 08:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

tallica said: »
Seriously? Unlock the WS? I really hope that's not it...

Imagine... CDC on Excalibur... but only if the base dmg is comparable to SoA weps! D=
By mcdonalds87 2013-05-04 08:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Angeljcar said: »
It would be cool if they made your R/M/E meritable. Giving 20 total points with 10/10 being max for 1 upgradeable stat.

Stats could be

1 Merit = +10 DMG up to 10/10
1 Merit = +1 quadrouple atk up to 10/10
1 Merit = +1 all stats +1atk +1acc up to 10/10
1 Merit = +1% WS dmg up to 10/10
1 Merit = 1 haste up to 10/10

Again the total sum of all merits combined could only be 20.

Kinda like this. Some of it is a little farfetched, but so are the new weapons introduced. With your idea you can add 100 damage, and 10% quadruple attack. Which would extremely put r/e/m's back into the leet category over the new weapons. Adding 100 damage to a relic still would put their base damage under the new stuff, but, let's say there was that quad attack. Hit 4 times with occasionally doing 2.5-3 times the damage. You'll be far out parsing the new stuff.
By skyehope928 2013-05-04 08:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I say let us merge other trial magicians weopons to our rem that would be cool
By bert92020 2013-05-04 09:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

mcdonalds87 said: »
It would be cool if they made your R/M/E meritable. Giving 20 total points with 10/10 being max for 1 upgradeable stat.

Stats could be

Kinda like this. Some of it is a little farfetched, but so are the new weapons introduced. With your idea you can add 100 damage, and 10% quadruple attack. Which would extremely put r/e/m's back into the leet category over the new weapons. Adding 100 damage to a relic still would put their base damage under the new stuff, but, let's say there was that quad attack. Hit 4 times with occasionally doing 2.5-3 times the damage. You'll be far out parsing the new stuff.

By far I would totally agree with this idea for R.E.M weapons. This will be a hard work. But overall I think square-enix can defiantly look into. Overall fairness is good, not a whole lot of time consuming because every person that devoted their time, gil and effort into their R.E.M weapon shouldn't spend anymore then they need to.
By mcdonalds87 2013-05-04 09:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

bert92020 said: »

Stats could be

By far I would totally agree with this idea for R.E.M weapons. This will be a hard work. But overall I think square-enix can defiantly look into. Overall fairness is good, not a whole lot of time consuming because every person that devoted their time, gil and effort into their R.E.M weapon shouldn't spend anymore then they need to.

Exactly. Especially now that some new person that can come to the game and be better than someome that's put a year into their weapon really in as quick as buying a weapon off the ah. No more time sinks for the people that already put their time in.
By bert92020 2013-05-04 09:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

bert92020 said: »

Stats could be

Exactly. Especially now that some new person that can come to the game and be better than someome that's put a year into their weapon really in as quick as buying a weapon off the ah. No more time sinks for the people that already put their time in.

But this is square-enix we are talking about here, their development team do not think about this logic; Like many other people on the discussion forum said, "R.E.M weapon users will have to farm something that is going to cost over 20million gil and will be taking over 3-5months to be able to compete with someone just buy a weapon that will OP the R.E.M weapon user anyway." So, yeah i think we wouldn't be seeing this merit idea at all. if so i would totally come back to this game in a flash.