R/M/E Rumors collection
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2013-05-03 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

so the point of this forum is to collect and/or debunk any rumors that might be going around about the future of R/M/E. on my server epitaph is has been spreading rumors that the update will cause marrows to jump to 10-20M afterwards, in order to get their's to sell for 9M. caims come from JP forums apparently saying that you'll need lvl 99 relics to get the new upgrades.

anyone else have a rumor someone might be spreading on their server to share?

edit: the other thread has turned from useful to babble, a new one seemed reasonable.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-03 13:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythics will drop from Taisai.
[+]
By krish 2013-05-03 13:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that what the 'Matsui: "Don't throw away your R/M/E weapons yet"' thread is? :)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-03 13:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He didn't want to backread that one and thought a new thread was a smart way around it I guess.
By Dannie 2013-05-03 13:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
05-02-2013 03:31 AM #1 Camate
View Profile View Forum Posts
Community Rep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level 99 Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and WoE Weapons
Greetings everyone,

Below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui about level 99 relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes weapons.

Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
Matsui here.

I have some follow-up information regarding how we plan to build on relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes ("coin") weapons (I'll refer to them as RMEC below. Apologies that I left out coin weapons in my last post).

There are many who feel upset and uneasy regarding the recently introduced weapons, as well as the information that has been conveyed until now. So while this information is still not finalized, I would like to give a bit more insight into our plans.

We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills that are granted from RMEC weapons when you have upgraded them to their level 99 form (this includes non-afterglow weapons, and shield/instruments will not be included in this). However, we plan on adding some conditions that fall in line with the jobs that can equip the respective RMEC weapons.

As we have yet to finish all the testing as to whether or not we can do this, please let me again reiterate that this is not yet finalized.

Due to the nature of this topic, we definitely need to proceed carefully, so despite the fact that I'm only mentioning this at the idea level, I understand that the level of disappointment will be quite great if I say that it is too difficult to accomplish this after all, and I was thinking it would be best to let you all know once it took a bit more shape.

You're probably thinking "if that’s the case, then don’t announce anything," but because I thought it wouldn't be good to not let you know anything until plans were finalized I decided to make this post. (I've been under so much stress I feel like I'm going to get an ulcer >< But I know I shouldn't be complaining.)

While the memories you made and the stats on your equipment cannot always be proportionate, we are trying our best to see if we can keep all of the effort spent on earning these weapons intact.

We plan to do all that we can, but please give us some time for this.

He also follows up on a player's comment, which I've summarized below:

Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui

I have the following questions/comments regarding the unlocking of these special weapon skills, and I'm sure a lot of others are thinking the same:

- Relics: There are gaps in a lot of the weapon skills for these weapons. For example, there is no special advantage to Knights of Round or Scourge, while on the other hand unlocking Catastrophe or Coronach would lead to the destruction of balance.

- Mythic: These weapon skills can already be unlocked through the quest "Unlocking a Myth."

- Empyrean/Coin: How will these weapon skills be differentiated for the two weapons?
I was thinking this question would pop up.

I apologize, but unfortunately I am unable to answer anything at this point in time. One of the reasons I felt I should not have mentioned anything during a stage where various things have not been finalized yet, despite prefacing it that this is non-finalized information, was following up on individual specific questions based on supposition.

Being silent because it's not possible to answer right now would remove the whole purpose of why I posted, but on the other hand, continuing to entertain suppositions would cause expectations to grow even more wild. As a result of this, things that I didn't promise would turn into promises, and I would like to avoid making it seem like we are breaking promises.

With that said, the answer for the moment for many things will be "Sorry, but I cannot answer that right now."

Once the content has been fleshed out and confirmed I will be sure to let you all know the details, but please give me some time.
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-05-03 13:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I "heard" that they plan on letting R/E/M owners be able to fuse AM and respective WS' of your choice to any new weapons.

Time to 99'em all!
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-03 13:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Mythics will drop from Taisai.

If I was in charge at some point I would make something really important drop from Taisaijin and/or Voluptuous Vilma
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-03 13:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have to be a "silent drop" though! Like skirmish items in reive, so people can't even take screenshots and no one would believe them when they say it around!
 Odin.Stormcroww
By Odin.Stormcroww 2013-05-03 13:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Time to 99'em all!

Yup, no thanks. Sounds like retirement for this guy. Golf, margarita's and shuffle board on Tuesdays at the Lions club. Polo shirts and shorts with high tube socks. All sounds better than this line of crappola.
"Good job on all your hard work getting weapons to 85-90" Now spend a bunch more hours and countless millions to get them all to 99 so you can basically burn up more storage spots on weapons you made just to unlock the weapon skill"
Not this damn guy.
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-05-03 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that you get a relic for your starter job instead of the corresponding bronze weapon when starting a new char now.
 Ragnarok.Dankiller
Server: Ragnarok
user: DANIEL10
By Ragnarok.Dankiller 2013-05-03 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2013-05-03 13:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
I "heard" that they plan on letting R/E/M owners be able to fuse AM and respective WS' of your choice to any new weapons.

Time to 99'em all!

And with the next update, there will be again new and better weapons and you spend your 99 AM/WS on crap...
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-03 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stormcroww said: »

..."Good job on all your hard work getting weapons to 85-90"...

lol
[+]
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-05-03 13:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
And with the next update, there will be again new and better weapons and you spend your 99 AM/WS on crap...

It's just a "rumor". Thought I'd add in some to this collection.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-03 13:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard Matsui likes one of his co-workers but doesn't have the courage to tell her. *spreads rumors*
[+]
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-05-03 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I've heard Matsui likes one of his co-workers but doesn't have the courage to tell her. *spreads rumors*

Matsui: "I hope senpai notices me...hmm, I've got an idea!"
*April 29th update*
Matsui: "Senpai still won't notice me! Fine, I'm not going to upgrade REM!" *sulk*
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2013-05-03 14:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

combining 99 relic , 99 empy and 99 mythic all into 1 - fixes all problems , ultimate weapon k.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-03 14:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"Good job on all your hard work getting weapons to 85-90"
If your REM wasn't 99 already, or you had no plans on getting it there anytime soon, why even complain? These (possible)changes wouldn't actually mean anything to you.

Also no real effort to get any of these weapons from 75-90. It's either a ton of kill shots(Boring and frustrating but not hard( or some NM kills(Not "hard" but maybe frustrating depending on NM).

Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker said: »
combining 99 relic , 99 empy and 99 mythic all into 1 - fixes all problems , ultimate weapon k.
Doesn't fix crap.
Only two great swords, one Xbow, Toau jobs not on relics, ton of other issues there.
By skyehope928 2013-05-03 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All I asknis they justify my time spent and the others I dragged with me
[+]
By Angeljcar 2013-05-03 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The new weapons are so outlandish i thought someone had posted made up weapons when i seen people posting about them in threads.

Thinking to my self *these people sure did go through a lot of effort to calculate the DPS for a made up weapon.*
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-03 14:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear that if you recite Matsui's name 3 times in front of a broken mirror in a dark restroom his reflection appears behind you and when you turn around to look he's NOT *** THERE.
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-05-03 14:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I hear that if you recite Matsui's name 3 times in front of a broken mirror in a dark restroom his reflection appears behind you and when you turn around to look he's NOT *** THERE.

BRB
By skyehope928 2013-05-03 14:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Or let u merge other magician trial katanas to your rme that be cool
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-05-03 14:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
"Good job on all your hard work getting weapons to 85-90"
If your REM wasn't 99 already, or you had no plans on getting it there anytime soon, why even complain? These (possible)changes wouldn't actually mean anything to you.

Also no real effort to get any of these weapons from 75-90. It's either a ton of kill shots(Boring and frustrating but not hard( or some NM kills(Not "hard" but maybe frustrating depending on NM).

Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker said: »
Doesn't fix crap.
Only two great swords, one Xbow, Toau jobs not on relics, ton of other issues there.

Yeah that's true I really didn't think about GS so the path of ultimate weapon isn't valid.
Well they better give R/E/M a huge boost.
By Angeljcar 2013-05-03 14:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be cool if they made your R/M/E meritable. Giving 20 total points with 10/10 being max for 1 upgradeable stat.

Stats could be

1 Merit = +10 DMG up to 10/10
1 Merit = +1 quadrouple atk up to 10/10
1 Merit = +1 all stats +1atk +1acc up to 10/10
1 Merit = +1% WS dmg up to 10/10
1 Merit = 1 haste up to 10/10

Again the total sum of all merits combined could only be 20.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-05-03 14:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Please choose the appropriate option:
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2013-05-03 14:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate people with relics.

You dudes should toss them.

With Love,

Matsui.
By skyehope928 2013-05-03 14:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I have 4 trial magicians katanas at 99 the majimun the hitaki the evasion and the magic defense katana if I could merge atleast 2 of them into my kannagi that would rock could u imagine a 2 to 4 hit kannagi with store tp plus 15 a girl can dream and hope right?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-05-03 14:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh poop... so unlocking the weaponskill for use on other weapons is... real? I really thought that was just some BS that someone here made up for fun.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-05-03 14:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Oh poop... so unlocking the weaponskill for use on other weapons is... real? I really thought that was just some BS that someone here made up for fun.

it was matsui's knee-jerk reaction post, that was met with a lot of (justified) anger. I think he's since apologized / shut-up.
First Page 2