Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-06-06 10:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I'm using currently, it has 70 fast cast (so I only need 1 inspiration merit) and leaves me at 2687 HP with no food/buffs.

ItemSet 351759

Taeon Tabard has HP+50 FC+5
Ogma's Cape has HP+80 FC+10
Carmine Greaves +1 has HP+80 MP+80 PDT-4

My enmity+ midcast set is another story, it barely has 2500 HP. I've been thinking about working in an Odnowa Earring or something.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-06 10:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon Tabard has a +hp augment, interesting. But I think I might have Phalanx+ and Fast Cast+ on my tabard.

That said I can easily break 3k on RUN, might be closer to 3100-3200, so dropping to 26xx is a big drop. And considering we cast every few seconds, it basically lowers our HP to that level of the FC set, which doesn't feel like something we should be doing. I think I took a couple out of Rayke and Battuta each to get more into Inspiration, and I think that's a fair way. Might go back to 1 in Battuta when I get Turms+1 feet if I can make a good set with it so I can keep Rayke merits up, actually.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-06-06 12:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I ended up doing two Tabards. One with HP & Fast Cast, and one with Spell Interrupt & Phalanx.

My interrupt build has 2652 HP. My enhancing build has about 2600, and my enmity build has even less. This is why I'm not worried about trying to get more HP in my fast cast build, my midcast builds are actually the choke point right now.

I've gotten to a point where I don't bother to aim for more than about 100 HP over my precast/midcast sets for idle. Any more than that and I begin to get annoyed with how much HP I lose every cast.

Keep in mind I'm a pretty new front-line. Most of the time I'm just straight tanking, without trying to add much in the way of damage. I'm only recently feeling like I have the muscle memory to do a good job of tanking, and starting to branch out into more dynamic strategies. I could see moonbeam being much more useful if you're doing less spell-spam and trying to do more DPS.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-07 01:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I have the strength of will to farm more Taeon sets and get more capped FC in the leaf slot (usually sorta easy even with +1 stones) and HP in the dusk slot.
Kinda wish HP was in the Snow slot, which atm I'm either not using or using for Meva in my FC Taeon sets (which I also use for Phalanx)

You guys are inspiring me to go back to my pre/mid cast sets and update them, something I've been delaying for a long time.
It's hard to balance between defensive stats (want a bit of DT/def/meva/stuff for situations where you might be getting hit midcast, as rare as that can be), FC/haste (help those Foil/Flash recast yo!) and Enmity.

You guys enjoying Turm hands/feet so far?
Still have to get them and adjust my tanking sets.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-07 01:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You guys enjoying Turm hands/feet so far?
Still have to get them and adjust my tanking sets.

I have some NQ in my bazaar...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-07 01:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you take out mortgages too? xD

Srsly though, I'm broken, kinda playing it cheap and waiting for prices to stabilize around 2-3 mils.
Will take 1-2 more months to get that low, but I'm rarely using RUN lately anyway (thanks to my beloved friends who always get me stuck on support jobs lol!)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-07 02:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 3.4mil in NPC goods just to make an NQ, good luck having prices normalize at 2-3mil.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-07 02:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well a lot of stuff is being sold at lower than ingredients cost, just because crafters spam those recipes in an attempt to get HQs, overflowing the market with NQs which then get sold for less than they cost to craft.

It's pretty typical, no? I mean it doesn't apply to every single item I guess, but for a lot of them it does, after enough time has passed since the items's release in-game
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-07 02:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of crafted goods are getting to that point because people will still pay out the *** for HQ. Like Adhemar+1 which is still BiS people basically trash the NQ and sell HQ for big bucks. The Turms set is more Meva minded, it's not going to collect huge price tags from many people, so I doubt it gets that crazy.

As well the mats aren't simply 3.4mil for the NPC goods, Turms uses a Macuil Horn (1.5-2mil) and Bztavian wing (300-400k) so you're looking at 5.5-6mil to make an NQ, which is higher than all but maybe a Jinxed Jacket in mat cost, with HQ for that selling at 200-300mil, doubt many Turms sell for that much at HQ (I wouldn't buy at that price, personally).

Eventually, if this is still best Meva gear they ever release, prices will go under 2-3mil on the regular. But I imagine not for a couple months minimum.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-10 17:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What sets would be viable for Enhancing magic duration, and Enhancing magic potency? Just got Regal Gauntlets with Af3 head and af1 legs for +55% duration. Anything else I am forgetting?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-10 18:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just got new Toy yesterday thanks to my LS and good work, now Since Lionheart is my now go to DPS weapon what would be Ideal WS set TP set and all augments to aim for? so far mix of STP Multi hit and Ambu +1 and +2 gear I have a solid 4 hit and 5hit with Multi but not sure my numbers are there on damage

I did look back about 4~6 pages and there was a post i did gear off of but not sure if it is ideal for this particular GS any help appreciated
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-10 19:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 351843
- STR/Acc/Att/TA on Herc,
- Adhemar Path B,
- STR/Acc/Att/DA on Ogma,
- Regal may not beat Epona if att-capped.

For TP, hit your x-hit target and then pile on as much multi as you can. Adhemar, Herc and Carmine Greaves +1 are all still great. OP's TP sets are still valid, but I'd replace Ginsen w/ Yamarang across the board.

AFAIK, the enhancing magic skill set on the OP is still the best you can do for Temper. For most everything else, you want to swap in Erilaz Gakea, Regal Gauntlets and Futhark Trousers for duration. If Refresh, Gishdubar Sash. If Regen, Runeist's Bandeau.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-10 21:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ty

I'm close on the set but missing ammo QA ring and HQ body so few weeks maybe til I can match or close to match that
By Taint 2017-06-13 10:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just picked up RUN at the request of my Aeonic LS. I've been running PLD for most everything.

Which order should I spend my RUN cards from Omen? The focus will be on tanking Omen+Aeonic mobs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-13 10:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Just picked up RUN at the request of my Aeonic LS. I've been running PLD for most everything.

Which order should I spend my RUN cards from Omen? The focus will be on tanking Omen+Aeonic mobs.

I use Body and Hands as part of my normal tanking set. I use the head for high HP fast cast piece. And I'm about to +3 my feet for Pflug. People on the forums will tell you the legs are amazing, but I can't get behind dropping some meva, 2 PDT, 11 enmity and 4% parrying rate for a slight chance at avoiding debuffs I already evade a good chunk of the time, I can remedy off, or whm's can remove from me.
[+]
By Afania 2017-06-13 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
ItemSet 351843
- STR/Acc/Att/TA on Herc,
- Adhemar Path B,
- STR/Acc/Att/DA on Ogma,
- Regal may not beat Epona if att-capped.

For TP, hit your x-hit target and then pile on as much multi as you can. Adhemar, Herc and Carmine Greaves +1 are all still great.

Are you getting adhemar or carmine higher on spreadsheet? I believe with SAM roll QA+3 herc is still pretty damn strong for 2H but I haven't check.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-06-13 15:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Construing Erilaz Leg Guards vs Runeist's Trousers as some sort of meaningful tradeoff strikes me as misleading. They're geared towards different defensive situations, and thus are best used in completely different sets. They only conflict if you're trying to get by on a minimum of defensive sets, or if your macros are structured in a way that inhibits flexible use of multiple defensive sets.

For example, my sets are structured thus:

My engaged gear cycles between full DD gear, hybrid gear, and a tanking idle set. The hybrid and tanking idle sets have additional variants based on relevant factors (weapon, subjob, Turms gear on/off, etc).

My PDT gear is activated and deactivated by a macro, with a separate command that cycles between +resist/meva, full meva, and full turtle gear. There's usually not much need to cycle midfight; I only do that for specific moves (shifting to turtle gear for Fullers for instance), phase shifts, or if something goes wrong.

My MDT uses the same setup, but only alternates between meva and +resist-focused sets. MDT level (no shell, Shell V, Embolden Shell V) is handled automatically.

That's obviously more than is strictly necessary to function as a RUN tank, but it's a very effective setup that allows me to leverage a lot of different options without too much mid-fight fiddling. I can simply set the parameters I want before a fight and then roll with that no problem.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-13 16:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Are you getting adhemar or carmine higher on spreadsheet? I believe with SAM roll QA+3 herc is still pretty damn strong for 2H but I haven't check.

If you're lucky enough to have QA+3 Herc, it'd probably beat a lot of things. :)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-13 16:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Construing Erilaz Leg Guards vs Runeist's Trousers as some sort of meaningful tradeoff strikes me as misleading. They're geared towards different defensive situations, and thus are best used in completely different sets. They only conflict if you're trying to get by on a minimum of defensive sets, or if your macros are structured in a way that inhibits flexible use of multiple defensive sets.

For example, my sets are structured thus:

My engaged gear cycles between full DD gear, hybrid gear, and a tanking idle set. The hybrid and tanking idle sets have additional variants based on relevant factors (weapon, subjob, Turms gear on/off, etc).

My PDT gear is activated and deactivated by a macro, with a separate command that cycles between +resist/meva, full meva, and full turtle gear. There's usually not much need to cycle midfight; I only do that for specific moves (shifting to turtle gear for Fullers for instance), phase shifts, or if something goes wrong.

My MDT uses the same setup, but only alternates between meva and +resist-focused sets. MDT level (no shell, Shell V, Embolden Shell V) is handled automatically.

That's obviously more than is strictly necessary to function as a RUN tank, but it's a very effective setup that allows me to leverage a lot of different options without too much mid-fight fiddling. I can simply set the parameters I want before a fight and then roll with that no problem.

But you do need to make the comparison, because they're in the same slot, and will be equipped one or the other and you have to choose which fight is more suited for which. The vast majority of fights I'm not too worried about status ailments that hit me, as in over 95% of all fights. Either I evade them (partially in thanks to +3 body), I can pulse them off, or a whm can remove rather quickly and easily. I can see where a status ailment resistance set could be useful to put together, but I don't really see myself toggling it too often as a general rule. Our Empyrean legs are an amazingly well itemized piece, and it's extremely hard to beat them as a general tanking piece.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-20 00:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What Acc value is minimum for content like Omen both floor, mini boss, and Main bosses, t2/t3/t4?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-23 12:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bh, you're looking at needing 1200-1300 on fodder through glassys, 1250-1350 on regular bosses and 1350ish on some. Basically aim to hit 1350 with food and buffs and you're good. I think on. Drk using /checkparam I do 1347 low acc set(QA-stp set) next one we run ill get someone to get me acc parse results to be sure though.

On a side note and with all the new gears having been added I'm looking for the following sets:

*fast cast set that doesn't drop our hp like crazy (I'm keeping inspiration 4/5 to limit hp drop in sets currently, think we all looking at this, right now I can 3600 but I swap to Biden from aettir)
*resist charm set
Resist element set(s)
*max hp set (for eating fullers as an example)

And on an side note how would we utilize the new turms gear? Feet look like a good physical build piece but hands I question on how to get the most out of. Rest seems like idle gear or am I wrong?
Haven't spent much time looking into it
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-23 13:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
And on an side note how would we utilize the new turms gear? Feet look like a good physical build piece but hands I question on how to get the most out of. Rest seems like idle gear or am I wrong?

Prioritize the feet first for +4 Inquartata.

I'm using Turms Harness for Epeo AM3 TP'ing since Gin is stingy as F.

Hands I'm not sure are really that practical. The parry/cure is cool, but IMO it's not worth building a -DT set around them. Nor do you really need it during Battuta, since you are already near invincible anyway for the duration.

The entire set is good for Regen/MEva. So for your resist charm set, you could snap into something like this if you know when Charm is coming:

ItemSet 352003
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-23 18:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't I want empy hands if I'm going for a status resist? Or does the meva cone out better? Not trying to be rude just getting used to high end tanking builds

And would I pflug lux runes or tenebrae? Then put up tenebrae valuation/valiance? Sorry for what may seem obvious :/
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-23 20:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, sorry for the oversight. Updated set.

Just Pflug + Tenebrae. Vallation/Valiance is for -mdt.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-23 23:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't I want empy hands if I'm going for a status resist? Or does the meva cone out better? Not trying to be rude just getting used to high end tanking builds

This was mentioned in the last page or so, but it really depends on the content. A lot of content you can evade through meva outright. But if you're doing say low-man Albumen with no vex/attune the outright status resist will likely do better.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-24 00:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

This was mentioned in the last page or so, but it really depends on the content. A lot of content you can evade through meva outright. But if you're doing say low-man Albumen with no vex/attune the outright status resist will likely do better.

on this, Is it something to think as Stackable or is 1 or other, and stronger value wins? For your example Arke set over higher M.evasion set for war/pld/drg?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-24 00:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

on this, Is it something to think as Stackable or is 1 or other, and stronger value wins? For your example Arke set over higher M.evasion set for war/pld/drg?

Those jobs don't have nearly as much Meva as RUN, so outright status resist is likely king for them. RUN is a special case (as with many mage jobs) that can reach really high meva values and still evade many things.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 12:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

Its a series of checks. Not sure if it checks for resist trait or meva first though. Can tell in log by seeing how its "written" though. "Resist!________" is trait while the other version (can't recall how it comes up atm) is meva
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 12:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wager meva is checked second though but that's purely guessing
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 188 189 190