First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 363 364 365
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-18 22:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
I was the one that asked the question? can you give me feedback on your glanzfaust sets?
Was responding to

Xavierr said: »
Why not use oneiros? MP merits have been available now for some time. Maybe not on high end stuff where you would likely need more accuracy but for things like salvage and/or dynamis where accuracy should never be an issue.

In which I just gave him a situation where you wouldn't use it.

My glanz sets are the same as my Spharai sets rly. Not sure how to get the spreadsheet working properly for glanz because I always do a lot better performance with them than the difference the spreadsheet says I should be.

Glanz = rape mode. Need acc? Put some where you need it. If not I throw on the same ***I use w/ any other wep when I don't need acc (Felistris/thaumas/relic pants/af shoes/etc.)
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-18 22:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I was the one that asked the question? can you give me feedback on your glanzfaust sets?
Was responding to

Xavierr said: »
Why not use oneiros? MP merits have been available now for some time. Maybe not on high end stuff where you would likely need more accuracy but for things like salvage and/or dynamis where accuracy should never be an issue.

In which I just gave him a situation where you wouldn't use it.
Understand that now.

My glanz sets are the same as my Spharai sets rly. Not sure how to get the spreadsheet working properly for glanz because I always do a lot better performance with them than the difference the spreadsheet says I should be.
Okay so spreadsheets just give tinhaspa more credit than its due, interesting. Will just wait for testing then.
By pchan 2014-08-19 03:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mdk has a glanz, an afterglow empy and a spharai and TBH even with a DDB/GH/carn BRD mule, he often swaps back to vere. Glanz is not rape mode by any way, 300(0) tp doesn't build up that quickly and in everything you do there is a lot of down time. Inbe4 Tojil in 2014. The only good point of glanz is that you don't lose much dps from spharai, but in practice as soon as you build 300 tp you slow down compared to spharai.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-19 03:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, Vereth is the one I find myself not using at all; and AM3 is cake to maintain. I wouldn't use Glanz in something like skirmish, when I'm running around, but I use them roughly half the time, with Spharai taking up the other half. About to take Vereth out of my inventory all together and throw them on the mannequin.

He wear full usu w/ those Vereth?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-19 04:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what pchan is trying to say, in his own way, which I can sorta understand is that while glanz is the ***for the START of a fight. If said fight goes past the AM3 wearing off phase it's more beneficial to swap to vere and ride AM1 constantly, than to rebuild a 300% for a second AM3 which you may/may not use the entirety of.

It's basically the same argument that is used for ninja using kannagi. If you can maintain AM1 60% of the time it's better than using kikoku etc. Since there is like 2 Nagi in the world... there isn't really much ground to stand on for advocating use of nin mythic.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-19 04:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for Vere AM1 lose to Spharai and rebuilding AM3 is pretty easy (that said, I have a timer for it that pops up and counts down), so unless I'm really not paying attention it's reapplied the second it drops
By pchan 2014-08-19 07:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just pointing out you glanzfaust fanboyism. What you call "raped mode" is only 15% dps more than spharai/vere, and that's not counting the dps loss for building AM3 (at least 40sec of the 3 minutes during which AM3 is active, if you build AM3 without AM3 up it's longer..)
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-19 07:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Mdk has a glanz, an afterglow empy and a spharai and TBH even with a DDB/GH/carn BRD mule, he often swaps back to vere. Glanz is not rape mode by any way, 300(0) tp doesn't build up that quickly and in everything you do there is a lot of down time. Inbe4 Tojil in 2014. The only good point of glanz is that you don't lose much dps from spharai, but in practice as soon as you build 300 tp you slow down compared to spharai.

Are you talking about the person that managed to make Koga looks bad ?
[+]
By pchan 2014-08-19 07:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he stopped using koga after losing to verethragna subpar mules and matching my KKK pup. See the last census for further explanations.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-19 07:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he stopped using koga after losing to verethragna subpar mules and matching my KKK pup. See the last census for further explanations.

Ok that's all I wanted to know thank you for your contribution.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-19 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

(at least 40sec of the 3 minutes during which AM3 is active, if you build AM3 without AM3 up it's longer..)
If you have no buffs, sure.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-19 13:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

(at least 40sec of the 3 minutes during which AM3 is active, if you build AM3 without AM3 up it's longer..)

That's prolly why he is doing bad with mythics needing 40sec for am3!
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-19 14:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya with Sam job abilities and store tp with a koga losing am3 is a laughable offense without the ideal gear even. Though I do agree though without prove, that I would think vere should be much closer to glanz than dps sheets give it credit. Which as I mentioned before dps sheets can't be trusted. It has tinhaspa at a like 10% dps increase from spharai.
By Chyula 2014-08-19 14:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

This is why SAM need a buff, take too long to build tp and we need a HP boost trait too. Raise a few more stp trait level and boost Zanshin to VII or VIII with an increase Hasso/zanshin effect rate of 50% should help sam get better in game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-19 14:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

This is why SAM need a buff, take too long to build tp and we need a HP boost trait too. Raise a few more stp trait level and boost Zanshin to VII or VIII with an increase Hasso/zanshin effect rate of 50% should help sam get better in game.
These posts are getting very stupid. Keep them in your epeen threads. They just aren't funny anymore.
[+]
By pchan 2014-08-19 14:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the spreadsheet, the time to build 3000 TP is 26 sec under optimal conditions, during AM3, "on average". However on average doesn't mean you hit 3000 TP everytime, and that's far from that, as soon as you don't have enough TP you have to complete them with the crappy AM1-WS less DPS which will cost you a lot. Through a simulation you can see that that if you want to have 300 TP ready 100% of the time when AM3 wears off you have to start it 40 sec before it ends. The realistic time to start is therefore between 26s and 40 sec.

On the other hand nothing allows for constant AM3 so who cares.

Fanboyism I said. For your info, brd less mnks will need 50s to one minute (this concerns you obviously).
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-19 14:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the spreadsheet, the time to build 300 TP is 26 sec under optimal conditions, during AM3, "on average". However on average doesn't mean you hit 3000 TP everytime, as soon as you don't have enough TP you have to complete them with the crappy AM1-WS less DPS which will cost a lot. Through a simulation you can see that that if you want to have 300 TP ready 100% of the time when AM3 wears off you have o start it 40 sec before it ends.

Fanboyism I said.
Nope. Imma pull a math class and say "show your work".
By pchan 2014-08-19 14:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy a mouse and double click on a spreadsheet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-19 14:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Which as I mentioned before dps sheets can't be trusted. It has tinhaspa at a like 10% dps increase from spharai.

Remember Tinhaspa have DEX which may be causing them to gain a significant advantage on something like Tojil depending on your gear choices. That being said, I have Spharai being about ~2% ahead of Tinhapsa on my simulations, and that's not even trying to mess around for ideal sets for relic. I don't know what you're running that's causing such a significant difference.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-19 16:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting Spharai slightly ahead or slightly behind Tinhaspa depending on Impetus or other buffs. Glanzfaust are coming out ahead of Spharai by about 5-8%, again depending on buffs. That seems low to me?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-19 16:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the original difference between Glanzfaust on Vereth was about ~5% when full buffed, not sure how that has changed since all the new gear. Glanzfaust do gain a significantly larger advantage at lower c-ratios, though still supposedly top dog at full buffs, I think the difference does drop down to no more than 10%.

Edit: Fighter's Roll also favors non-Glanz options, if you're comparing with that.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-19 16:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if the spreadsheet has been updated, but Motenten was the one who mentioned that Vereth don't even beat Spharai. It was previously entered in the spreadsheet that ODD could only proc on one hand, but could still proc on multiple attacks. Now it's been discovered that it can only proc on the first hit of that hand, so can only proc once in an attack round, even if you were to double quad attack.

aka the aftermath is ***and not enough to make up for it's super low base dmg
By pchan 2014-08-19 16:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input but the SS takes all this into account.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-19 17:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, basically the input I got on it from Motenten

Quote:
Due to info I got that changed how ODD for Vere got calculated, Vere is never better than Spharai at 30% ODD, and at 50% ODD is only barely better (as in, 538 to 536) at low cRatios (which doesn't even include the time to build up to 3000 TP).

Basically, there's no point in making 119 Vere.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-19 17:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, basically the input I got on it from Motenten

Quote:
Due to info I got that changed how ODD for Vere got calculated, Vere is never better than Spharai at 30% ODD, and at 50% ODD is only barely better (as in, 538 to 536) at low cRatios (which doesn't even include the time to build up to 3000 TP).

Basically, there's no point in making 119 Vere.

That's a weird kick in the teeth. Not that I'd ever consider collecting 1500 plates to make it myself, but you'd think being the weapon that gets the bonus for the ws we use the most, it would be better.

Then again, all single handed specialty weapons suffer from this, so it's not a huge stretch to see why. (It's time to upgrade single handed weapons to include ODD on DA/TA/Oax and make them function properly on offhands!)
By pchan 2014-08-19 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's old news. Even common sense tells you that 3x proc is easier to use than AM1.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Aparently, when SE unlocked empy WS for any weapon, it ended nerfing empy weapons, as empy WS doesnt benefits lh empy weapon like +30% dmg.

I wonder how would be the current balance if empy WS was still locked to empy weapons.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-08-19 22:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys i'm going to be updating the equip sets on page 1 soon, just wanted to get ya opinion on what you guys think are the top 5 h2h weapons and maybe help me out with some glanz sets. I only have spharai and this is what i use on delve 1.0:

ItemSet 327418

ItemSet 327419

Crit augments for otronif
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-19 22:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Some notes in an unorganized fashion:

-Ptica isn't very useful unless you're needing the accuracy(assuming you don't for Delve 1.0). Uk'uxkaj with STR is likely going to be better in both sets. A lot of people favor Felistris Mask for TP if that is available.

-Relic Pants +1/AF Feet +1 generally give a stronger TP phase.

-Bladeborn/Steelflash is ahead by <1 DPS if using Glanzfaust under AM3. While this isn't particularly important and can be considered essentially equal, it may be easier to come by than Trux for some people.

-There are a lot of options that beat Manibozho. Otronif +1 w/Crit, Qaaxo Path A/B, Anchorite +1 to name a few. Tantra +2 is still king when under Impetus.

-Wanion Belt, Caudata Belt, and even Windbuffet Belt are generally better for WS than Ele. Belt.

-Daihanshi have some uses, particularly if you're trying to hit dDex sweet spot during WS. Assuming Tojil's DEX value on spreadsheet is right, your other gear choices are butchering that and you'd be better off using Relic +1(additionally requires Boost-DEX instead of Boost-STR).

-Quiahuiz with STR are probably a better option than Otronif in legs, and Anchorite +1 are probably better in the hands.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-08-19 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have used spreadsheets for mnk in the past until my friend proved to me over and over how a full crit set on tojil runs will always beat w/e a spreadsheet comes up with. So i decided to go that route and only 2 mnks outparse me now (my friend and a vere mnk). Not that there are many good mnks left but could probably count them using 2 hands.
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 363 364 365