First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-14 12:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
What about Otronif+1 with crit+2 or double attack+2? I doubt it'd beat Uk'uxkaj but for a 119 piece that's not a bad option.
I mean I honestly wouldn't spend the Wailing+2s to get something like that. I don't even have Crit/DA+2 on any of the pieces I actually use after 20m+ of stones.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-14 12:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Auuin said: »
where is the spreadsheet that eveyone is refering to? can i get a link for it please?

BG Thread with link to the spreadsheets, as well as place to put bug reports and see notes on changes and updates.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the priority order for upgrading af? (I'll think about relic when I'll bother to farm it)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-14 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Feet: TP piece for low acc/mid acc sets.
Head: Increases focus accuracy
Body: Chakra
Hands: Boost if you ever actually use it.

I would mainly worry about Feet although the Head is definitely useful. The other two are very situational.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-14 15:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
What about Otronif+1 with crit+2 or double attack+2? I doubt it'd beat Uk'uxkaj but for a 119 piece that's not a bad option.
I mean I honestly wouldn't spend the Wailing+2s to get something like that. I don't even have Crit/DA+2 on any of the pieces I actually use after 20m+ of stones.

I wouldn't either, but with DA+2 I'm getting Otronif+1 with DA+2 just behind Felistris Mask as second-best option, beating out Hurkan cap with STR augment.
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2014-07-18 13:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a returning player, having quitted last august, so I have a question about Victory Smite. When you have Impetus up is tantra+2 body still the best or is there something better?

thank you
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-18 13:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
I am a returning player, having quitted last august, so I have a question about Victory Smite. When you have Impetus up is tantra+2 body still the best or is there something better?

thank you
Pretty sure it is.
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-07-18 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Was under the impression tantra was best only if you had glanz, I could be mistaken.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-18 14:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming your acc allows it, tantra always for impetus crit ws
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-18 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nitenichi said: »
Was under the impression tantra was best only if you had glanz, I could be mistaken.

I haven't checked in a while(but nothing's changed that should make it different to be fair), but the "Impetus with Tantra +2 only with Glanz" comment is with regards to using it as a TP option.
By Yandaime 2014-07-18 15:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Fenrir.Nitenichi said: »

I haven't checked in a while(but nothing's changed that should make it different to be fair), but the "Impetus with Tantra +2 only with Glanz" comment is with regards to using it as a TP option.

As it stands, Tantra is still the best Impetus -- Victory Smite/Ascetic's Fury Body by a pretty long stretch. Spreadsheet still showing 300~ Higher WS average with low/minimal buffs and 650's with max buffs.

As for TPing, the Tantra Body for TP depends on your buffs. but for the most part, its just better to keep Thaumas on.
*If you have lots of Crit Bonus from COR, Tantra Body was winning when last I checked.
*Glanzfaust gives +3% Crit Rate to Focus, giving it that extra edge to favor Impetus, but with the recent changes to TP flow, it might be better to keep Thaumas on full time now. Havent checked yet.

***Edit***
Just checked, and yea, even with changes to TP gain it's still buff dependent. Tantra pulls ahead if you you have Rogue's Roll, but only if assumed for the Average of 11.5(12%) So it really depends on if you have a COR or not
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-18 20:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 325742
This is the set I posted before for Tojil, although it includes Tinhaspa B. Alternating Acc JAs it caps acc with minimal switches. I'm not sure if you can count on Distract/Distract II (since you said you had a Rdm) but with Distract II I'm sure this set would overcap even with Tinhaspa A. If you don't want to count on Distract you could use Letalis or Iqabi to cap.
Edit: I'd eat Meat on every T1, Daku eva doesn't seem to differ much from Tojil.
I've been using this set for Tojil, and all v1 Delve. Alternating JA's allows me to cap acc just as Failaras says, while eating meat.

I use Thaumas Coat though, Tinhaspa Rank B.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-18 20:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
ItemSet 325742
This is the set I posted before for Tojil, although it includes Tinhaspa B. Alternating Acc JAs it caps acc with minimal switches. I'm not sure if you can count on Distract/Distract II (since you said you had a Rdm) but with Distract II I'm sure this set would overcap even with Tinhaspa A. If you don't want to count on Distract you could use Letalis or Iqabi to cap.
Edit: I'd eat Meat on every T1, Daku eva doesn't seem to differ much from Tojil.
I've been using this set for Tojil, and all v1 Delve. Alternating JA's allows me to cap acc just as Failaras says, while eating meat.

The set originally had Thaumas but some people here mentioned that you won't actually be capping with Thaumas on Tojil (was like 92% hit rate I think). That being said, if you can count on something like Distract or you have Job Pointed focus Thaumas works.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-19 09:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
ItemSet 325742

The set originally had Thaumas but some people here mentioned that you won't actually be capping with Thaumas on Tojil (was like 92% hit rate I think). That being said, if you can count on something like Distract or you have Job Pointed focus Thaumas works.
I believed my spreadsheet did allow me to cap acc with Thaumas. Regardless, I'll likely make the change anyways since your set has proven to work great.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-19 17:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As is with no accuracy buffs/evasion down debuffs, using Thaumas :

No JA: 77%, Anchrotie Enhances Focus : 95.5%(95%), Aggressor: 89.5%

Switching to Qaaxo A adds 3% hit rate over Thaumas but doesn't cap the first and last set if that's of concern to you.

Whirlpool or Letalis(seems making the swap for Letalis is just barely better than making the swap for Whirlpool) will cap you with Aggressor while still using Thaumas if you don't want to use Qaaxo. There are obvious defensive advantages of Qaaxo though, and 92.5% with Aggressor+Qaaxo is probably good enough to settle most people, although spreadsheet does indicate making an additional accuracy swap to be better overall despite it being total overkill.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-19 17:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was saying Qaaxo B actually, since I assume that is what most people make.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-19 17:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I'm actually surprised how close Qaaxo B is to A even when accuracy capped. Probably should have looked into that before I made both.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-07-20 02:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it a wise thing to de-merit Shijin Spiral nowadays?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-20 02:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real use for Shijin now is making light with jobs that can't make light off Vsmite. Considering both Mnk and Sam can make light of Vsmite and they are the "big" DDs right now, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 03:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I often do raka skirmish, with setup mnk based. For me shijin is a must when i engage ironclad. But i dont have it fully merited.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-07-20 15:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Any use for Quiahuiz Trousers? If so what augs?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-20 16:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I often do raka skirmish, with setup mnk based. For me shijin is a must when i engage ironclad. But i dont have it fully merited.
Often times in Raka skirmish you can honestly just ignore whatever the gimmick is and kill it, kind of like Raptor in Morimar Delve now.

Quote:
Last I checked the STR+8 ones were actually pretty high up there on good legs for Vsmiting with no accuracy.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Often times in Raka skirmish you can honestly just ignore whatever the gimmick is and kill it, kind of like Raptor in Morimar Delve now.

When you pay 2m for a pop, its natural to be more careful.
 Bahamut.Chrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Chrius2
By Bahamut.Chrius 2014-07-21 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to make sure I'm not doing anything dumb on spreadsheet. For a highly evasive target, I'm seeing plain base Ninzas+2 outperforming Oats. I mean it makes sense with more skill, but the damage + delay shifts are a bit harder to tell.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-21 14:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Chrius said: »
Want to make sure I'm not doing anything dumb on spreadsheet. For a highly evasive target, I'm seeing plain base Ninzas+2 outperforming Oats. I mean it makes sense with more skill, but the damage + delay shifts are a bit harder to tell.

+2 base damage from skill.
75+93 = 167
73+126 = 199

Delay +51 vs delay +96 is 331 vs 376

So Oats have 19% higher base damage (before fStr, which will slightly mute the difference), and 13.6% higher delay. Purely based on that, Oats should be better by a bit less than 5% (weaponskills won't see as large a difference since a large part of the base damage is from WSC, so the overall gain falls off).

However, Ninzas+2 have 12 more acc than Oats from +14 skill, which is a 6% hit rate difference. Any time you make full use of that acc difference, it will necessarily generate more than a 5% advantage for the Ninzas.
[+]
By Kell 2014-07-21 14:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Personally, I went with the Str +8 and the -pdt/-mdt augment.
 Bahamut.Chrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Chrius2
By Bahamut.Chrius 2014-07-21 14:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! And any augment on top will just be that much better.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-21 22:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In general, how many hits does it take built up to make it worth using Tantra cyclas+2 for smite?

Generally, if I miss during the attack round that gets me over 1000 tp, I will just use my regular smite macro rather than the one that uses Tantra body.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-22 01:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

At 6 hits it should tie with Qaaxo R15 A body. It should gain about 0.7% over Qaaxo every hit after that.

Edit: That was at capped dDex. If dDex is heavily skewed in favor of Qaaxo (in the dDex sweet spot), it takes 12 hits to tie. If dDex is lightly skewed in favor of Qaaxo (below sweet spot), it takes 9 hits to tie.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-22 01:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm alrighty, thanks. I will have to recheck the spreadsheet. Have been using Anchorite's +1; as the spreadsheet was giving me higher damage w/ it

Edit: Weird, now it's the other way around, but both seem close. Time to swap it back, lol.

Must have had it set to a diff mob or something that may have skewed it towards anch

Edit 2:

Yea delve fodder has Qaaxo on top, Chapuli 102 has Anch on top
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 363 364 365