iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-08-29 09:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If everything is capped attack and accuracy then we lose lots of dps?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-29 09:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
How much dps we giving up if we using manibozho body armor instead of thamous coat?

You can probably expect your DPS to drop by 5%.

Edit: That assumes that you are -not- capped on attack.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 09:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
You don't need the acc :(

Yeah the group I roll with doesn't give acc buffs so yeah. Unless the spreadsheets and kparser are wrong.......
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-08-29 10:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snozeberry said: »
I used 3 +2 stones for PDT-2%->PDT-1%->PDT-2%. It wasn't until the following day I got my Double Attack +1 using a +2 stone.

Pretty sure the min PDT you get with a +2 stone is 3pdt.. Atleast i have never seen it go below 3pdt, got 4/5 DA+2/pdt3-4 on otronif with about 17 stones so far.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-29 10:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »

Yeah the group I roll with doesn't give acc buffs so yeah. Unless the spreadsheets and kparser are wrong.......
There are 12 other slots you can swap before you give up Thaumas.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 10:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 12 other slots you can swap before you give up Thaumas.

Pretty much swapped everything I can to get the 95% hit rate unbuffed seems insane not to switch but to each his own if your x dps = my y dps does it matter what you wear its a function of math. It's why I actually parse and not just use a spreadsheet as a gold standard its a check and balance hard to determine if over the hit cap other than trusting the numbers in the spreadsheet which for ranger had me at 200% since the combat skill was missing in the acc calculation.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-08-29 10:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind posting the gearsets you use?

And for completion, food and buffs?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 11:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »

If your asking me if I recall tonight but its pretty simple a function of eat x food set gear and buffs and check your dps number fight tojil run parse and see what actual dps and hit rate actually are. Some times I hate being a software engineer playing this game that magically gear x at 500 dps is always > gear y at 500 dps since 500 dps now magically doesn't equal 500 dps but thats only in ffxi >.>....
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-29 11:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you stop posting everywhere you post?

Sincerely, everyone ever.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-29 11:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

That was both the vaguest and dumbest attempt to be insulting I may have ever seen...

If your asking me if I recall tonight but its pretty simple a function of eat x food set gear and buffs and check your dps number fight tojil run parse and see what actual dps and hit rate actually are. Some times I hate being a software engineer playing this game that magically gear x at 500 dps is always > gear y at 500 dps since 500 dps now magically doesn't equal 500 dps but thats only in ffxi >.>....
I agree with this entirely. And sylow even said something similar once only from a different angle. Sylow went on once about how optimal and best are different to the X factors that cannot be determined. However parsers can determine that given enough data. I think his point is that sometimes you have to come the numbers a little different. Example: let's say you have am3 up on a mythic, and you proc a double attack then a triple attack followed by a weapon skill bc you have on a five hit build. You have to add up 5 hits and a weapon skill and tp gain is 5 hits and a weapon skill, assuming no mistakes are made. Same situation only you have a double then a quad followed by a weapon skills in a five hit build. Your spreadsheet tells you quad is worth xyz... However In a am3 up set it's not. Bc 80% of the time (I'm adding in what I would use in a gearset) you are gonna have a two hit attack round or higher meaning the fourth hit from a quad attack rounds tp will be wasted 80% of the time. Substantially lowing its potential. And this is assuming you play perfect no X factor involved. And when you are hitting with a monk you hit alot. Often you will be wasting tp off hits and your hit count is also worth less than a two hander. So the dps coming off on a thaumas coat NEVER surprises me.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-29 12:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-29 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice argument.
 Lakshmi.Toioiz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Toioiz
By Lakshmi.Toioiz 2013-08-29 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »
Lakshmi.Snozeberry said: »
I used 3 +2 stones for PDT-2%->PDT-1%->PDT-2%. It wasn't until the following day I got my Double Attack +1 using a +2 stone.

Pretty sure the min PDT you get with a +2 stone is 3pdt.. Atleast i have never seen it go below 3pdt, got 4/5 DA+2/pdt3-4 on otronif with about 17 stones so far.

Absolutely not true. I don't have screenshots but next time I get one I'll take one. still have 2 pieces left to get DA on, I'm sure it'll happen.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-08-29 12:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nm, it's not worth it.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-08-29 12:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 12:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I learned simply at some point:

if a + b = c

if x + y = c

That in turn (a + b) = (x + y) not (a + b ) > (x + y) but if it makes you feel better to insult then go right ahead do what must make you feel like a million bucks. It is the internet...

I don't think anyone understood when I stated above simply 0 accuracy buffs given on tojil and still achieve cap hit rate of 95% of course bream sushi is used in the mix. Now if you turn off all the accuracy buffs in the spreadsheet no aggressor or focus nothing and try to achieve 95% hit rate gets to be a challenge.

I didnt make the rule but thats the rule the guy running our show wants and using morts spreadsheets isn't rocket science to determine hit rate and dps. Then you parse and see your real dps and figure where improvements can be made but hey if a better way than that cool I am all ears.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-29 13:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fortunately, you can be wrong both online and offline.

You've been asked to post sets several times now. If you're just going to opt for rambling off incoherent *** that is substantiated by "I like to parse things", opt out instead.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Fortunately, you can be wrong both online and offline.

You've been asked to post sets several times now. If you're just going to opt for rambling off incoherent *** that is substantiated by "I like to parse things", opt out instead.

I said tonight simply posting angry bird ***for the cool kids is awesome sauce tho. I give tho it wont matter what I do or say in the least from the tone.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-29 13:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

On the contrary! Personally, I'd be thrilled to see you finally post something of substance, as you have yet to do so in all of your ~1200 combined posts on this an other forums.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

On the contrary! Personally, I'd be thrilled to see you finally post something of substance, as you have yet to do so in all of your ~1200 combined posts on this an other forums.

Your hate just makes my world better tho. I see your still keeping the post count up over 100k yet?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-29 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you require dramatic build shifts and sushi to support zero accuracy buffs, the logical decision is to sing a madrigal instead of a minuet or use hunter's instead of fighters (if you only have one COR otherwise you have two more marginal rolls to replace), possibly both, and eat meat safely.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 13:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you require dramatic build shifts and sushi to support zero accuracy buffs, the logical decision is to sing a madrigal instead of a minuet or use hunter's instead of fighters (if you only have one COR otherwise you have two more marginal rolls to replace), possibly both, and eat meat safely.

Yes I fully concur but I am not running the show period. The thought is if bard songs are dropped or a dc happen they believe your better off being at the hit cap. I am not in charge I designed my gear around standard tojil build and was whiffing since they made that decision.

Now mortensen does this apply to a mani r15 body? have you calculated the difference for mnk?

Quote:
Fenrir.Motenten

user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-10 16:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we don't have any idea yet (as far as I know) about how difficult the final boss mobs are going to be. According to Matsui's chart, the current T4/5 Delve NMs are at a difficulty level of 14, while the final bosses are at 20. I imagine accuracy on them will be quite a different matter than current comparisons.

Without accounting for accuracy, the multi-attack on Thuamas is worth roughly +17% to overall damage (both melee and TP for weaponskills).

A fully upgraded Manibozho body will have (vs Thaumas):
10 str
15 dex (possible crit rate)
22 acc (including from dex; possibly more from the next patch)
37 att (including from str; possibly more from the next patch)

If the accuracy matters, 22 acc will be an 11% hit rate. 11% hit rate is +17% overall damage when base hit rate is 65%. So if your native hit rate is 65% or lower (actually, 65% relative to Thaumas, so 59% without any body accuracy at all), Manibozho automatically wins, since it also adds in fStr, attack, and probably crit rate (would guess 2% just to be conservative, but potentially a lot more).

Since you can expect the Aphotic Kukri to be pretty much required in order to fight the final bosses, fStr from 10 str will be gain something in the 2%-3% range.

37 attack vs a mob with 600 defense (assuming reasonly high defense, but also reasonable amounts of def down applied) is worth about 6%, though applied to only half your damage, so another ~3%.

Given the gains from fStr, dDex and attack are likely to be fairly universal, we can then adjust the point where the accuracy puts this above Thaumas. This works out to 87% relative to Thaumas accuracy, so 81% without any body accuracy. For simplicity, if your hit rate without a body on is 80% or lower, Manibozho will beat Thaumas.

Since that's all theoretical, going to try to put that comparison into the spreadsheet.

Delve boss: 600 defense, 530 evasion
Hit rate without body: 79.5%
DPS with no body: 348.780
DPS with Thaumas body: 434.615
DPS with unaugmented Manibozho: 453.825
~~ dDex was too high; pushed through the sweet spot; increasing boss agi to negate that
DPS with no body: 343.341
DPS with Thaumas body: 427.725
DPS with unaugmented Manibozho: 428.905
DPS with augmented Manibozho: 450.784

Clearly I underestimated the difference. Even unaugmented, Manibozho ties with Thaumas when base hit rate is at 80%.

Since augmented Manibozho is hitting the accuracy cap, I just need to reduce mob evasion until Thaumas hits 450 DPS to find out where the cutoff is.

Thaumas hits 450.514 DPS when hit rate with Thaumas is 91.5%. Thus the cutoff for hit rate without including the body is 85%.

This is always subject to a variety of other considerations, but I would still consider that as a reasonably valid inflection point between the two options: 80% for unaugmented, 85% for augmented.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-29 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mortensen, lol
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-29 13:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, he just made three(!!!) posts in a row that don't have his trademark (poorly used) aposiopesis! Give him some credit!
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-29 13:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That last post of mine was less in the interest of mocking him, and more just because I genuinely laughed aloud
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-29 14:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So of the argument against him is so simple then how come nobody has even bothered?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 14:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
So of the argument against him is so simple then how come nobody has even bothered?

Really not worth it some people just love to troll. If the spreadsheets are wrong and kparser is broken well I am cool with that fact I am wrong no biggie not here to start anything. Like I said we ran with zero acc buffs not my call but I accept it and make sure I can cap my hit rate period and I saying in any way shape or form x is better than y nope just more than one way to achieve the same goal or acceptable performance. But some seem determined to just troll and attack not discuss the math behind it is valid or not.

Easy solution download the spread sheet and turn off all the acc buffs and see what gear can hit the cap. Damn try to wear a ranked up manibozo and everyone loses they mind with bulling and hate to funny.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-29 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It has already been explained to you what your baseline acc needs to be to make Thaumas less worthwhile.

However, you are intent on optimizing for situations that exist because you are opting to be terrible. Please stop making posts, you are providing nothing worthwhile. Bye.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-08-29 14:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry I asked for something simple =_=;
We aren't asking you to post the freaking schematics for a thermonuclear device.

Post some of the sets you use, tell us what buffs your group is giving you, tell us what food you eat.

I'm freaking capping accuracy on Tojil in my fodder set on curry, what is wrong with you?
 Fenrir.Genesi
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-08-29 15:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is stupid. Why are people still trying to justify Manibozho Jerkin. GTFO.

Edit: I will find other slots to up ACC in before I replace my Thamaus. And if you don't you are doing it way wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 363 364 365