Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-08-04 05:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Windower waits allow exact delays, whereas (as far as I know) the /wait command in game is only accurate to the nearest second. By doing it this way you can simulate how long the player has to wait between hitting the macros.

Recently, I've been having an issue with a couple of in-game macros...

/ja "Dodge" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Aggressor" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Berserk" <me>

...and a similar one for Focus/Impetus.

The macros have always worked just fine, until recently where they've become unreliable, especially in Delve.

The weird thing is... if Dodge and Berserk go off, but Aggressor doesn't, hitting the macro a second time still won't activate Aggressor. I'll just get the recast timers for Dodge and Berserk.

Would Spellcast/Windower correct this issue, or am I going to be forced to break it up?

Also, in fairly rare instances, I catch Spellcast messing up gear swaps, and doing dumb ***like leaving me to TP in Chakra gear.

Another thing:
Hit Chakra macro... recast is 00:01... Immediately hit macro again... Chakra for like ~250 (no gear swap). That one is more on me, but yeah...

Yea spellcast isn't perfect either, if you look at my profile i have the wrong legs (irrelevant to the rest of the armor) on, thats from spellcast not completely putting all my gear back on after an aoelian edge
By pchan 2013-08-04 05:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The game doesn't allow to swap the same slot in less than one second with a single macro (or at least a given a mount of time). I doubt spellcast allows it, at least wdw doesn't allow it. If so feel free to post an exemple that is actually verified to work. You can still do it with 2 macros though. For instance input
ctrl+1 : /equip hands "temple gloves +1"
ctrl+2 : /equip hands 'melee gloves +2"
quickly hit ctrl 1+2 you will blink/swap twice.
you will need a wait 1 or wait 2 to make it work within a single macro.

This is an exemple of subtle macroing.

That's why it is possible (or it seems to be) to quickly use 2 JAs with 2 macros while not wasting more than 3s. The best I could find is

ctrl+1 (in set 1) :
/equip hands "temple gloves"
/ja boost <me>
/macro set 2
ctrl+1 (in set 2) :
/equip hands "melee gloves +2"
<insert gear swap>
/ws "shijin spiral" <t>
/macro set 1

This one doesn't waste time more than player reflex.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 06:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast allows changes of the same gear slot in split-second periods, although it's not infallible. This is perhaps most easily mitigated by the following principle:

Personally, I never include more than one JA/ability/command per macro. This allows me to hit it twice rapidly to ensure the rare case where spellcast fails to swap multiple pieces (usually when a long list of swaps are included) is mitigated. It's generally only an issue for handling the swap from a JA/spell set back to idle/TP though, which is what the following setup is for:

I almost always relegate the final macro to a macro such as

/sc set $TP-$Accuracy-$Defense

Which depending on buffs will set me, for example, to a low buff($TP = TP), moderate accuracy required ($Accuracy = Mid), Hybrid set ($Defense = Hybrid). For the variables outlined in parenthesis, hitting that macro would do /sc set TP-Mid-Hybrid and initiate a large number of gearswaps at once. Generally, this always happens 0.1 seconds after I use a job ability or something anyway, but by hitting the "reset" macro I'm ensured to catch anything lag might have missed. (This is why you'll see a periodic pulses of /echo TP gear equipped! if you watch a video of our Delve bosses - it's just me introcuing redundancy to correct errors).

I'm a pianist though, and I have my macros set up in a stereotyped fashion so that similar motions generate similar results across jobs (For example, Chakra is in the same place that one of my Waltz Macros would occupy on DNC, Hybrid/PDT toggles are in the same place for every job as is the "reset' macro), so my rapid-fire memory based macro setups might not work for everyone.
[+]
By pchan 2013-08-04 07:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Spellcast allows changes of the same gear slot in split-second periods, although it's not infallible. .

By inputing additional wait times.

Quote:
It's generally only an issue for handling the swap from a JA/spell set back to idle/TP though, which is what the following setup is for

a
wait 2
/console exec TP.txt

does this fine and doesn't waste 2 sec because wait doesn't prevent melee attacks.

So we are back to : spellcast doesn't allow to make a proper boost macro.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 07:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing gear never prevents melee attacks, so I don't know where you're getting the wasted two seconds from in Spellcast other than the conclusion everyone else already came to: you have no idea what you're talking about because you don't understand spellcast, apparently.
By pchan 2013-08-04 07:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Try reading. The only way you can swap hands twice with spellcast is by inputting extra wait time, which is therefore delaying the ws macro by that amount and therefore costing you more time than what it should. Elementary school. Still waiting on your wonderful boost macros.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 08:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That is inaccurate.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 08:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast will swap the hands on and off automatically so fast you will only see a single blink (depending on your after cast settings).

It doesn't impart any additional delay.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-05 01:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

He's super-concerned about those milliseconds.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-05 02:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sort of confused as to why he's so worried about what he's wearing for the one second period that he literally cannot do anything else anyway, if you accidentally hit the mob between boost + WS you failed and shouldn't have used boost anyway so even if boost gloves stay on for the entire period between the JA use and WS nothing of value was lost. That aside, I decided to make a little video to show pchan that he has no *** clue what he's talking about. He won't admit to being wrong, but the rest of us can laugh at him anyway.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-05 02:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow cheater
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-05 08:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I'm not blonde!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-05 08:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sort of confused as to why he's so worried about what he's wearing for the one second period that he literally cannot do anything else anyway, if you accidentally hit the mob between boost + WS you failed and shouldn't have used boost anyway so even if boost gloves stay on for the entire period between the JA use and WS nothing of value was lost. That aside, I decided to make a little video to show pchan that he has no *** clue what he's talking about. He won't admit to being wrong, but the rest of us can laugh at him anyway.

I must say bravo on that response it was legen - wait for it - dary to say the least...
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-08-05 10:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylow, is your SC XML available online somewhere? Mine is a bit dated, still functions, but I basically have 3 macros for gear swaps (TP, PDT, MDT)... I don't have any accuracy tiers, or anything like that.

Saw that each time you use "Meteor" as a dummy spell, you raise accuracy a tier. Does it stay at that tier from fight to fight, and does it cycle back to low accuracy if you //meteor at your highest tier?

Finally, what's the plugin you're using for JA recasts? It removes the icons from their normal spot also?
 Leviathan.Phineus
Server: Leviathan
user: ayer
By Leviathan.Phineus 2013-08-05 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

great video sylow. btw where can i get the dat for those burning oatixurs?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-05 11:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My xml is a modified version of Jinjo's which is modified from one of Nightfyre's XML. I have since adopted a slightly different but same-spirit paradigm for my personal spellcasts that focuses on my preference toward self-management, readability, and modularity.

When I have updated MNK to that modified paradigm I will make it available but I would prefer not to release it in its current quiltwork state. It will probably be just in time for spellcast to be deprecated by gearswap, thanks byrth u r a jurk.

As for your other questions, the accuracy levels are set up in cycle s and remain constant until changed manually. My recasts are the default windower 4 timers.
 Pandemonium.Kohan
Server: Pandemonium
user: Kohan
By Pandemonium.Kohan 2013-08-05 20:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As a lot of people have begun chatting about Impetus again, I thought that I would quote one of Motenten's old posts on the matter. It's a few months old, to note.

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
@ChaosPrime: Given the near-insignificant difference between the two items, personally I would simplify my gear sets and only use Thaumas, regardless of Impetus.

Also, the Impetus bonus accumulates regardless of whether you're wearing the Tantra body. If you hit 10 times in a row, bonus is at '10'. By default that bonus only increases your attack and crit rate. Wearing the Tantra body augments that so that the bonus also applies to accuracy and crit damage. It's perfectly ok to take the Tantra body on and off during the time Impetus is up; you'll always get the appropriate accuracy/crit damage bonus when you put it on (such as when performing a weaponskill).

So overall, no, you don't have to always keep it on while Impetus is up in order to keep the bonus.

Considering that I'll already be wearing other pieces to greatly amplify my accuracy when it's needed, I do not use Tantra anymore during Impetus. As noted above, some current number-crunching that relies upon the spreadsheet has revealed that it may now actually be minutely detrimental (rather than beneficial) to individuals using Rigors.

Moten, the functionality of Impetus has obviously not changed, but I am wondering if you (or anyone else, for that matter) has come to a different perspective on whether it is worthwhile to have Impetus up/down sets anymore.
 Lakshmi.Plageus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Plageus
By Lakshmi.Plageus 2013-08-05 22:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick question. Do you just need to wear the augmented melee gaiters +2 during activation of Mantra or is it lame in that you need to keep wearing them to keep the boost?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-05 22:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Activation.
By Yandaime 2013-08-06 01:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know where Otronif Gloves come from yet?

Otronif Gloves:
DEF:74 HP+22 STR+8 DEX+27 VIT+22 AGI+5 INT+8 MND+22 CHR+13 Accuracy+8 Evasion+15 Magic Evasion+21 "Store TP"+7 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+4%

Spreadsheet's got these edging out Tenryu +1 Augs vs Tojil and these are best WS Hands probably.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-06 01:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are most likely Skirmish II.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-08-06 02:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If Skirmish armor is augmentable like the weapons, got daymn.

Also seconding whether an impetus up set is worth using still.
By Yandaime 2013-08-06 02:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With Rigors, Using Tantra Body+2 usually results in a loss of DPS and in the best cases, only a very slight gain (1-3 DPS) so not really worth it if you use Rigors. (Probably an issue with the low speed tending to favor Multi-Attacks)

With Oats, Using Tantra Body+2 usually results in a Gain of 25+ DPS and if combined with Rancor Collar (if your feeling balsey) an extra 6-9 DPS on top of that.

So it depends on your weapon. If using Rigors, just use Thaumas. If using Oatixur, use Tantra :)
By pchan 2013-08-06 04:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I din't see any boost+ws macro. Anyone that played MNK more than though copying other ppl's spellcast knows that those one second allow you to gear swap and press a second macro. So your statement that you cannot do anything during the 1 second after boost is ***.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-06 12:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
With Rigors, Using Tantra Body+2 usually results in a loss of DPS and in the best cases, only a very slight gain (1-3 DPS) so not really worth it if you use Rigors. (Probably an issue with the low speed tending to favor Multi-Attacks)

With Oats, Using Tantra Body+2 usually results in a Gain of 25+ DPS and if combined with Rancor Collar (if your feeling balsey) an extra 6-9 DPS on top of that.

So it depends on your weapon. If using Rigors, just use Thaumas. If using Oatixur, use Tantra :)

It's not even that simple. I'm not as geared as most of the MNKs posting here, but using Tantra +2 during Impetus is a noticeable upgrade for me, even though I only have Rigor. I haven't started doing Tojil yet, so that may also impact whether or not it's worth swapping. I think ultimately it's a question for spreadsheets on an individual basis.
By pchan 2013-08-06 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between impetus up/down setups became neglectable since the haste on the body slot became relevant. Basically as long as you equip a haste best the difference is notable but if you use for instance anguinius, you are pretty much forced to use thaumas body to fill the haste gap.
By Yandaime 2013-08-06 14:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alahra said: »
Yandaime said: »

It's not even that simple. I'm not as geared as most of the MNKs posting here, but using Tantra +2 during Impetus is a noticeable upgrade for me, even though I only have Rigor. I haven't started doing Tojil yet, so that may also impact whether or not it's worth swapping. I think ultimately it's a question for spreadsheets on an individual basis.

Yea, that's pretty much the case. It will depend entirely on the individual's settup but the only clear win so far is with Oats. With my current settup, I lose 1.7 DPS with Tantra Impetus Up. But when I plug in the exact same settup assuming Oats, I Gain 23.562 DPS. Really have to cater to one's self, as you said. But for the Optimal sets, its not very worthwhile to use Tantra with Imp Up until you get Oats
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-08-06 16:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
I din't see any boost+ws macro. Anyone that played MNK more than though copying other ppl's spellcast knows that those one second allow you to gear swap and press a second macro. So your statement that you cannot do anything during the 1 second after boost is ***.

Well.. you know.. sure you can swap gear in that 1 sec after useing an ability.. noone ever said that you cant. In that second you wont attack and stuff. The point is that spellcast immediately equips your gear, kinda like when you press a macro with a /equip line before an ability. Useing the ability will result in changing the gear, if there is a rule about it. So when you use Boost you will use your hands, when you WS you will change into WS gear. Nothing is different in here. Just that your macros contol the equip, and with spellcast you just need the ability in macro (or use it from the ability list)
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 16:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
The difference between impetus up/down setups became neglectable since the haste on the body slot became relevant. Basically as long as you equip a haste best the difference is notable but if you use for instance anguinius, you are pretty much forced to use thaumas body to fill the haste gap.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-06 17:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan you further show how much of an idiot you are. No one ever claimed that gear swaps are affected by job ability delay.

You absolutely cannot use a job ability for a hard one second after using another job ability. Being a french idiot doesn't let you override game programming.

Spellcast allows one to simply put a /wait between two abilities with no concern for equip lines because the equipment changes occur automatically upon detection of the ability. With sc handling swaps you just ja; wait 1; ja and you're fine I don't understand why this us so hard for you to understand.

I would tell you to try it except you quit because Delve was too hard for you and you still couldn't succeed after wasting your time R15 all your ***instead of learning how to play with more than 2 other people. It's okay though your epic tearfest "im quitting" post in the bowels of the official forums cesspool was amusing for the rest of us.

Grats on being the butt of the joke.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 363 364 365