Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 363 364 365
By Seralonde 2017-07-17 13:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Must have missed the testing numbers due to the flames being so high around them! :^)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-17 13:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
This is my thought progression on what is best to upgrade to +3 for dps gains: hands>body>head>feet>legs. Does this seem about right? Plus I am realistically thinking you could probably stop at head, as feet/legs arent really worth doing at all? Or what are your thoughts? I got 80~ cards so trying to decide if I am about done in omen on mnk or to go for the full 5/5.
Personally I'm not gonna bother with Head and Legs, but that's just me.
Hands are nicey but unless they gonna tweak the Boost JA, its bonus isn't enough still to make Boost useful in the majority of situations.

I feel like future reforged armor could overshadow all of the current AF+3 options, except for JobEnhancing traits, and for feet, which I feel might retain its usefulness even in the future.

We gonna have this discussion again once we see the stats on reforged Relic, hopefully coming in August or September.
By Chyula 2017-07-17 14:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just upgrade everything and wait for SE one day will make MNK great again.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-17 14:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Azagarth said: »
This is my thought progression on what is best to upgrade to +3 for dps gains: hands>body>head>feet>legs. Does this seem about right? Plus I am realistically thinking you could probably stop at head, as feet/legs arent really worth doing at all? Or what are your thoughts? I got 80~ cards so trying to decide if I am about done in omen on mnk or to go for the full 5/5.
Personally I'm not gonna bother with Head and Legs, but that's just me.
Hands are nicey but unless they gonna tweak the Boost JA, its bonus isn't enough still to make Boost useful in the majority of situations.

I feel like future reforged armor could overshadow all of the current AF+3 options, except for JobEnhancing traits, and for feet, which I feel might retain its usefulness even in the future.

We gonna have this discussion again once we see the stats on reforged Relic, hopefully coming in August or September.

The hands arent for the boost really, its aimed more at the massive 10 wsd you get in that slott. Thats a big deal even on our crappy ws dmg. The body is BiS for VS and not bad on other ws's too, also not terrible in high acc needs. The head I thought for 3rd because it enhances focus so regardless it will always stay useful, but that 8% crit seems very nice. I know VS has other options, but none that have this much acc AND 8% crit is nothing to sneeze at. I find my mnk has an acc deficiency so each little bit I can get I go for. I know adhemar+1 with its 6 crit dmg is BiS for VS, but I also see you lose like 40~ acc using it which imo is to much of a hit when you barely can break 1100 on mnk.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-17 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I made AF+3 body and stopped there, since testing showed other weapon skills as even more disappointing than previously believed. However, if you want to optimize MNK, the hands are very good. The weapon skills themselves are bad. I figure, if the job is ever adjusted, I can always go back and make them later.

And I feel the same way about the feet. If I didn't have perfect SR pants (one of the few perfect SR pieces I have that are worth the trouble), I'd feel differently. But since I do have them, and really great Herc feet, I'm just using what I have.
New gear may surpass the feet--SE doesn't seem to know what else to do with MNK feet than put Kick DMG on them. So, I'm waiting before I invest in them.

When looking at your accuracy, make sure your weapon skill sets have the same amount of accuracy as your TP sets.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-21 03:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On the docket this month are the monthly changes to Ambuscade,
adjustments to several monk abilities, and more.

IT'S HAPPENING!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-21 03:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll see. I'm not gonna get my hopes up yet
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-21 03:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
several monk abilities

What I would like:
- A return of Asuran Fists
- Make Victory Smite, Victory Smite, not losing smite
- Counterstance defense penalty eliminated. If war gets reduced movement speed from Retaliation but is able to get TP from retaliated attacks, make it so MNK recovers HP from every counter landed or give us the same - TP!
- Chi Blast: Reduces Targets defense/atk/removes one beneficial status + with penance merited adds a plague effect.
- Kick attacks: deals 5x current Agi
- Boost: adds +5% WSDMG to your next WS, not cancelled when you land a normal atk. Can stack! (5x MNKs boost for 2 minuets and one shot everything in game, I know - not like we aren't doing that ***right now with SMNs)
- H2H DMG - Now calculated as a flat 5x Weapon Dmg x by H2H skill!!!!

What we will probably get:
-Increasing Mantra by 1% hp
-Reducing Boost timer to 5 seconds
-Adding another Martial Arts trait
-Focus increase in duration
-Dodge increase in duration
-Boost will now grant a 1% chance of having 10 hp recovered when used during full moon and having a pole shoved up your rear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-21 03:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK HYPE IS BACK ON THE TABLE BOYS. MNK MASTERRACE CONFIRMED.
BLUS QUITTING THEIR JOBS EN MASSE.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-21 04:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact they talk about "abilities" leads me to believe that
1) they won't fix WS
2) they won't fix Job traits
3) they won't "fix" the lame Gifts and Job Points

Which is no bueno.
Improving Boost is nice though, maybe it will noticeably improve WSs and will be furtherly improved by gear that affect boost.
Would still be annoying being forced to boost each time you want to WS but it might come out as an acceptable compromise, I dunno.

What I would love, and at this point I'm afraid it's not happening, is:
1) Make Vsmite transfer FTP (ideally would love a tweak to other WSs as well but let's keep it simple)
2) Make so Boost applies to all of the WS hits and also applies X% Crit rate, X% crit damage, X% WSdamage. Values boosted by AFhands
3) Increase Kick Attack base damage, so that kicks with AF+3 boots do more damage than a punch from Godhands
4) Change the Impetus penalty so that each missed attack gives a reduction in the bonus built so far, instead of completely resetting it
5) Give MNK a further tier of HP+ bonus
6) Increase Chiblast base damage by 10x, give 5/5 penance to it by default, change the effect of Penance merits so that it just increases the duration of the effect (making it 3 minutes with 5/5)
7) Reduce the Def penalty on Counterstance, it's way too severe. Maybe make it static and not %.
By geigei 2017-07-21 04:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ws is an ability tho.
By Draylo 2017-07-21 04:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they do something for MNK, its in the worst position atm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Alvon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Alvon
By Quetzalcoatl.Alvon 2017-07-21 04:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Add a fair amount of TP bonus (1000 perhaps?) to Boost would be a good start, this would buff monk's WS and at the same time not affect on other jobs.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-07-21 04:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

a Hagakure every 30 seconds?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-21 05:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Ws is an ability tho.
I dunno, I think it's kinda something in between that eludes strict definiton.

It's a WS, which by itself it's something different from a JA (there's no cooldown for instance, but it requires a resource to be executed).
/ja command doesnt' work for WS
Yet Amnesia, which blocks abilities, also blocks WS.

So... I dunno, how do we wanna define them?

Furthermore if they were to adjust WS (which I would love!) they wouldn't just affect MNK but PUP as well, which leads me to believe they would have said so in their message, yet they purposedly chose to say they were fixing MNK abilities specifically.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-21 05:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Alvon said: »
Add a fair amount of TP bonus (1000 perhaps?) to Boost would be a good start, this would buff monk's WS and at the same time not affect on other jobs.
I wouldn't spit on such a bonus but it would hardly make the kind of difference MNK needs atm.
MNK WS are kinda meh even at 3000tp, so giving them a 1000tp bonus would be a nice but kinda not-so-relevant change.

Vsmite scales ***with TP.
Howling Fist and Raging Fists scale nice, but it's not like they're so "OMG!" even at 3000, like I said before.
Sooo... yeah, MNK needs something more than this.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-07-21 05:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: dare to dream
Step 2: get your hopes up
Step 3: get your hopes and dreams sh*t on
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-21 05:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK BUFFS ARE LITERALLY DRAGON BALL. SE IS JUST CHARGING UP THE BUFFS SINCE 5 SEASONS. SOME DAY WE WILL BE FULLY TRAINED AND READY TO BATTLE.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2017-07-21 05:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk defense is too strong they cannot make it a good dd, watch them give us more HP boost / Subtle blow II and defensive ability :D
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 05:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming: <SE> For buffing MNK, we will make it possible to have Double Attack Kicks! You know, in case you have DA gear, now you might be able to kick attack twice!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-21 05:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
MNK BUFFS ARE LITERALLY DRAGON BALL. SE IS JUST CHARGING UP THE BUFFS SINCE 5 SEASONS. SOME DAY WE WILL BE FULLY TRAINED AND READY TO BATTLE.

lol!
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-07-21 08:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to say enhanced counterstance and enhanced dodge, and that's it lol...
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-21 09:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Boost - Now increases Weapon Skill Damage as well as Attack.
Impetus - Penalty for missing is now only -1 rather than a full reset.
Counterstance - Successive counter-attacks increase Weapon Skill Damage.

Even then, that might not be enough. Weapon skills themselves still need fixing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 09:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Focus: Enhances accuracy and applies a Store TP effect to melee attacks
Dodge: Enhances evasion and adds Subtle Blow to melee attacks
Counterstance: Enhances Counter. Successful counters reduce damaget taken.
Footwork: Kick Attacks are first priority in the attack sequence, and are subject to Multi-attack. Fists will occur afterwards (i.e. TA Footwork = 3 kicks > 2 punches)
Chi Blast: Greatly lowers target's evasion and critical hit evasion
Impetus: Momentum bonus is no longer lost upon missed attack.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-07-21 09:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is gonna be so mad when the only change will be Chakra Recast merits will be 12 seconds per instead of 10.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nariont
Server: Bismarck
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-07-21 09:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mantra becomes a regular JA and merits give a subtle blow effect, there mnks fixed
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 09:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nariont said: »
Mantra becomes a regular JA and merits give a subtle blow effect, there mnks fixed

I do see the bolded becoming a thing. The next thing they can do is make the effects of Chakra AOE. Not much in the damage department, but hey. In previous FF games, Chakra was sometimes aoe.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-21 10:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Chi Blast: does 99,999 none-elemental damage base. Ignore all resists. 5sec cool down. Requires Monk to perform a dance routine before activation.

Boost: increases running speed by 100% for 5sec but only when engaged.

Dodge: causes the monk to dodge everything but monk is prevented from any other action on the mob. Needs to be near the mob to activate.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 10:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Everyone is gonna be so mad when the only change will be Chakra Recast merits will be 12 seconds per instead of 10.
Facts
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All monks weaponskills get 1 percent increase in damage when in front of mob.
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 363 364 365