VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-01 07:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
from BGwiki:
"Unlike Relics, Empyrean double damage can proc on any additional hits (Double Attack, Triple Attack, Zanshin) initiated by the weapon. It cannot proc on Counters or Retaliations, and Verethragna is strange in that it can only proc on hits generated by one of the hands. "

If you had looked at any of the Vere pages from 85 to 119 III we have it listed as offhand hit and first hit only. Where did you find that so I can add a note about Vere being special? Never mind note has been added.

Also I noticed someone listed its main hand though. I no longer have Vere to re-test but would anyone mind showing proof so I can change that part?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-02 01:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Read This post and following ones.

If their claim is true, Vere 119v3 AM doesn't work on multihits, doesn't work on offhand hits, doesn't work on Kick attack hits and of course doesn't work on WSs.

Supposing this is true, then Vere is clearly not the best weapon around, and this is especially enforced by the fact that Vsmite is sadly not in the tier place it used to be years ago.

On the other hand though I think Spharai can be a nice weapon for situations where you're soloing or doing easy stuff with little buffs.
In such situations the Att on Spharai is gonna make a difference and it's going to be further enhanced by Smite T2's 15% bonus.
Would Spharai be better than Godhands in such situations?
I can't tell. Maybe?
But then again who cares about such situations? :x
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-12-02 01:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No because Howling Fist exists and is superior without capped attack
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 02:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If their claim is true, Vere 119v3 AM doesn't work on multihits, doesn't work on offhand hits, doesn't work on Kick attack hits and of course doesn't work on WSs.

Supposing this is true, then Vere is clearly not the best weapon around, and this is especially enforced by the fact that Vsmite is sadly not in the tier place it used to be years ago.

Problem is that none of the big H2H weapons are particularly amazing. God Hands would be great except your only real exploitable WS is Raging Fists and that runs into WSC issues. VS and SS are pretty much your best WS's and neither get much from http://fTP. It boils down to the attack from relic or the 50 STR (Attack / fSTR / WSC) from Vere with the 30% chance at x3 damage on first attack round (not worth wasting TP on 3K VS). MNK gets so much from it's melee damage that I figure the extra melee DPS from Vere with L1 AM spamming VS or SS would be best overall.

H2H is in the same boat lots of 2H Weapons are, lack of exploitable WS's to pump in this age of high damage WS spam.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-02 02:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Read This post and following ones.

On the other hand though I think Spharai can be a nice weapon for situations where you're soloing or doing easy stuff with little buffs.
In such situations the Att on Spharai is gonna make a difference and it's going to be further enhanced by Smite T2's 15% bonus.
Would Spharai be better than Godhands in such situations?
I can't tell. Maybe?
But then again who cares about such situations? :x
I already did read that post and the followings I agreed with the first hit only part but I always remember my double dmg on vere coming from offhand and that is what we have on the wiki. I haven't had a pair of vere in along time though so I could totally be wrong hence asking for a simple test. That's why I asked for some proof so I can fix the wiki if it is wrong atm. It shouldn't take more then a few minutes to go grab screenshot for it.

I also like proof so that we can reference it and it isn't just some random filled in data with nothing backing it up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-02 02:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about my old Level 90 Vere I had during Abyssea days, I can confirm the AM applied to only one hand per attack turn, I'm 100% sure on this and it always used to be the case for Vere.
Wether this hand was the main or the offhand I can't say, but does it matter in the end? What counts is that it's only one of your two fists.

Altough to be fair I'm surprised to read AM doesn't apply to multiattack of the hand that benefits from AM. I thought that those MA hits could benefit from AM? But I guess I was wrong.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-02 02:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Altough to be fair I'm surprised to read AM doesn't apply to multiattack of the hand that benefits from AM.
AM procs on your right hand. All multi-attacks, even if you get 2 in a round, are done with your left hand. In an 8 hit attack round, you'll only punch with your right hand once.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-06 21:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if capped counter would make counterstance worth using. That -50% to defense sounds deadly.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-12-06 23:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

no because most things that matter have ironclad-type attacks that can't be countered anyway. having wilt on makes counterstance more viable though
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-12-14 08:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

hello people ^^

Any idea on a good weapons no REMA for someone who wanna replay monk because why not.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-16 02:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Can someone explain to me how much martial arts is needed for it hurts TP gain and how they got that number?

I would calculate it myself, but I have no idea how to start that math. :(

Laid out pretty well on BGWiki "Attack Speed" page

Quote:
For Martial Arts, which is not a percentage-based decrease, you must use your base delay (480 for H2H) plus weapon delay in the calculations instead of calculating it independent of delay as shown above.

Minimum H2H delay is 96
The 80% Delay reduction cap still applies to your (Base Delay + Weapon Delay).
For example when calculating delay with H2H you take (480 (Base Delay) +xx (+Weapon Delay) -xx(MA Delay Reduction))×(1024 - xx Equipment Haste - xx Magic Haste - xx Job Ability Haste)÷1024 =xx

The minimum delay possible for a Spharai would be (480 Base Delay + 86 Weapon Delay)*.2 Delay cap = 113.2 minimum possible delay.

The delay for a Spharai Monk with capped gear and magic haste only, would be (480 Base Delay + 86 Weapon Delay - 200 Martial Arts Delay)×(1024 - 256 Equipment Haste - 448 Magic Haste)=114.3 which is nearly minimum delay.

The basics:
If you are at capped delay reduction, additional MA works like excess DW in that it provides no additional attack speed benefit, but the theoretical value (even beyond the 80% total delay reduction cap) is still used for the purpose of calculating TP/hit... As in, using more MA when you're already at delay cap just means you get less TP per swing. Now, it's still generally better to have max magical haste and deal with the slightly less TP/hit return than it is to not have enough haste and be considerably slower than max delay reduction. But that doesn't make it less annoying.

If you are at capped magical haste (448/1024):
As a general rule, if you're getting capped magical haste you will already be below delay reduction cap without any additional MA gear. So try not to use additional MA gear if you can help it.

More specifically:
* For any delay+60 or less H2H, you're already under cap even with zero gifts.
* For Delay+96 weapons, 100 gift (MA-5, on top of MNK's base -200 Martial Arts VII trait) puts you right at cap. 1200 gift (adding another MA-5 for -210 total) puts you under delay cap.
* Delay+130 weapon (just Ohrmazd, which you shouldn't really be using anyway) is actually still just slightly over delay cap even with both MA gifts. But you should use a different weapon.

If you aren't at capped magical haste:
However... MA isn't always bad! If you're only getting Haste II or less, you will NOT be reaching delay cap and more Martial Arts does provide a significant benefit. Good MA pieces like Hizamaru Somen+1 and Mache Earrings are actually quite good in this scenario.

The key point:
Quite simply, it's beneficial to have a haste capped TP set with no MA gear, and a non-haste capped TP set including the good MA pieces.

Of course, you can play with the formula too, to account for stuff JA haste from a DNC main or /DNC. It's basically the same decision though: use MA gear if you're not also getting capped magical haste, don't use MA gear if you are getting capped magical haste.

Asura.Psylo said: »
hello people ^^

Any idea on a good weapons no REMA for someone who wanna replay monk because why not.

* Comeuppances/+1 (UNM Tumult Curator) if you get lucky from Wanted Dial (or have an incredibly good LS!) are very good.

* Condemners (Reisenjima T2 Gajasimha) with good augments probably the best outside of that.

* Denouements (Feared One high tier) are still very solid and not too hard to get.

* Fleshcarvers (Sinister Reign) are pretty decent with max/near max augments.

Try for one of these at a minimum, anything else is a step down. For example, the kinda mediocre other UNM H2H drops, Escha Zi'tah/Ru'Aun H2H, the Oboro JSE Nyepel (decent for mega acc, but overall not that great).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-16 02:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
hello people ^^

Denouements are probably the easiest to get atm without having to rely on random augments.

If you want to rely on those, the Reisen augmentable ones can produce good results.

Likewise perf aug SR ones can produce really hot numbers in some situations (Capuchin has done some detailed tests on them).

Ideally the best non-REMA are probably Comeuppance+1 but those are arguably harder to get than a REMA lol.
Another decent option if you can't get any of the ones mentioned above is probably Emeici+1, or if you want large amounts of Accuracy, then Oboro weapon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-16 02:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally the best non-REMA are probably Comeuppance+1 but those are arguably harder to get than a REMA lol.

An army of mules and some perseverance at the Wanted Dial can get results! YMMV big time due to luck, but it can happen - I actually just got mine yesterday!! I think 3rd Wanted Dial campaign that I've used max mules though... Had the 50 bloods ready to go to +1 them, and have been screwing around in Omen and Vol.2 Ambuscade with my new toy lol.

Seriously though, I'm the third person in my small/mid sized LS to get them from dial campaign. I was jealous as hell of the other two (one of whom also has lots of mules, one who doesn't) until I finally got my own.

FWIW, I used Denouements or Fleshcarvers before that, though I never did get a good augment Condemnders. Personally, I can't really justify making an ultimate weapon for MNK these days given the general state of the job... but if I was in an LS that could crank out Aeonics, Godhands are really nice!
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2016-12-16 10:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

@Capuchin Thank you for the post. I have a AG KenKonKen and was trying to find out how much my TP was getting killed.

Thank you!

Geez my delay is @84.06 when 105.8 is the minimum delay wow
By Calinari 2016-12-18 21:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What augs are on ambuscade capes?

Dex/Da for tp/howling? STR/Crit smite?

Also, I can never get howling fists to out dps smite... Always wondered how. Maybe just unlucky w/ multi attacks. Theyre both geared appropriately. (at least mostly).
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-19 07:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »

Also, I can never get howling fists to out dps smite... Always wondered how. Maybe just unlucky w/ multi attacks. Theyre both geared appropriately. (at least mostly).

I would assume it be :

Victory Smite and TP : STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Double Attack+10%

now if you want a mantle just for VS

Victory Smite: STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Crit +10% or WS DMG +10%
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-21 22:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be better to use WSD for Howling instead of DA?
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-21 23:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

I would assume it be :

WSDMG seems a very poor choice for Smite, as it is a 4-hit WS, and WSDMG only affects the first hit. Crit Rate is much more sound, especially since SE refuses to give it the boost it needs.
[+]
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2016-12-22 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

I would assume it be :

WSDMG seems a very poor choice for Smite, as it is a 4-hit WS, and WSDMG only affects the first hit. Crit Rate is much more sound, especially since SE refuses to give it the boost it needs.
Does Double Attack only proc on first hit with VS?
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-12-22 13:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

crit rate is the best option unless you have rogue's roll, then DA is better
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-12-22 15:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

also i'll update the guide eventually, it's a lot of work and i don't even play the job so you'll have to bear with me until i have the time
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-22 15:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

str add/attack and da is my recommendation just due to the fact you can use it for almost all of your WS and tp unless you're in the business of making extra capes
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-22 15:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »

I would assume it be :

Does Double Attack only proc on first hit with VS?

Double Attack can proc on any hit of a Weaponskill UNTIL 8 potential hits have been achieved. for example, Asuran Fists, an 8 hit WS, gains nothing from Double Attack because it is already at the potential 8 hit cap. Resolution can get a Double Attack proc on any 3 hits but no more because it is a 5 hit WS (and a "reroll" will not occur if a DA proc misses). the issue is that unless a Weaponskill copies its fTP across all hits, the Double Attack isn't worth as much (which is why it is helpful for Resolution, again).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-22 15:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, that is not how it works:
* Mythic Multi-attack can only proc on the first swing of a WS.
* DA, TA, or QA can proc on the first or second swing of a WS.

No form of multi-attack can proc on swings past that point.

So if you only have DA and you use Resolution, you can never get an 8-hit resolution. This was originally tested using Guillotine, if I remember correctly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-22 16:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

So if you only have DA and you use Resolution, you can never get an 8-hit resolution. This was originally tested using Guillotine, if I remember correctly.

Do you have the source testing for this? I've also read that.

- For dual wield, a multi attack can occur on the mainhand and offhand
- For single wield and 2 handers, up to two multi attacks can occur

I don't know which is correct, and don't feel the small amount of testing I originally read is conclusive enough.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-22 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter which hits can DA as long as people are aware that you can only DA twice per WS, once on single hits.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-22 17:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Do you have the source testing for this? I've also read that.

- For dual wield, a multi attack can occur on the mainhand and offhand
- For single wield and 2 handers, up to two multi attacks can occur

I don't know which is correct, and don't feel the small amount of testing I originally read is conclusive enough.

Whether it's the mainhand or the offhand for 1H weapons, I don't know and I'm unaware of anyone that does know. My assumption has always been that SE repurposed their attack round code for WSs, but I don't even have evidence the offhand's base damage is used.

The "only 2 proc opportunities per WS" rule can be re-proven by any WAR by forcing a high DA rate and using Resolution a few times. The difference in probability is pretty staggering. If you take P to be the probability of a Double Attack:
Odds of swinging 8 times if all 5 potential rounds could proc: 10*P^3*(1-P)^2 + 5*P^4*(1-P) + P^5
Odds of swinging 8 times if only 2 potential rounds could proc: 0
Odds of hitting 8 times: (0.95^8)
Simplest math is when P = 0.5, which gives you a 33% chance of an 8-hit Resolution with capped Acc. It's very easy to get 50% DA on WAR, so I'm sure someone can test it.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-22 21:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

huh. I must have either remembered it wrong or using outdated info. I've not looked at it in a long *** time, since WS still follow the general rules of what to gear for them.

I presume the 8 hits total possible is still the general rule, since that seemed to be hard coded into attack rounds?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-22 21:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm Byrths info. My ridiculously high DA WAR sees lots of 7 hit Resolutions but never 8 hit ones and I can force 100% DA.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 363 364 365