iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-16 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For a more personal (and very biased) insight on slots and sets, here's my opinion:

Think this gives you a nice sense of progression. I'm sure you already have a lot of this gear and can start from there, then aim for whatever path you want to pursue. So many options for MNK!
By dustinfoley 2016-02-16 10:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
dustinfoley said: »
No
+ skill counts for that hand only, so gaining +20 skill is roughly 20 acc per main hand, and 20 per off hand, not 40 acc total.

Because mnk can only use a single weapon, and they never have more than 25ish acc , you are automatically at 50% the acc potential of a dual wielder when it comes to acc from main/sub.
Which is again easily made up for with focus and aggressor rotated or stacked. Not to mention during impetus.

Sure mnk can add buffs to add acc, but so can blu, or any other job that subs wars. A mnk who is /war is also going to take more dmg on bosses than /nin, which then loses agressor buff and means you cant keep up the constant acc buff.

Again 25 acc, not a big deal when you look at 1100 vs 1075. But its still there.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-16 10:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Not sure which point you are pushing for
It may sound strange but... both!
I see valid points in both the bosts of you and dustin, and this is why I wrote my previous post.

In the end yes, I agree with you that it's not a big deal and MNK going /WAR has nice tools to fulltime useful acc buffs (in non-dispel-crazy environments).
But at the same time having similar (or even better!) buffs simply built-in your job through traits or dualwield weapons is just... better than being dependant on JAs, no?

If I got the point you're trying to make at the end of this post (correct me if I'm wrong!) I agree with you 100% that MNK is way more viable than some people demanding perma-BLU think it is.
MNK got its strong points: it's simple, it's straightforward, lots of HP, utility like Mantra and Formless strikes etc.
But I think I could say the same for WAR and DRK. They too have their strong points....

We both know how FFXI community tends to stick to a certain modus operandi and everybody just follows that until someone comes up with a new interesting, viable and very efficient setup, and then history repeats.
How many times have we seen this happening already? I sure did, a lot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-03-09 09:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it was intentional, looks like gear sets starting to be updated recently but it's all the same gear for a bunch of them.
By cervelo84 2016-03-18 12:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished Vere, with impetus and focus acc is not as big an issue as I had thought. I am missing a few pieces I think and wanted to know if the torque from sky + 15 h2h skill is better then + 20 acc? What is hand to hand skill worth in terms of acc?

btw impetus - Does the acc crit/attk and chd reset when you miss? I got the empy body +1 (reforged) and on cp mobs I am critting about 65-70 % of the time. it is absurd. I was told the bonuses applied to impetus reset when you miss.. just 1 misss :( Is this true, how do people know this?
By Yandaime 2016-03-18 13:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
Finished Vere, with impetus and focus acc is not as big an issue as I had thought. I am missing a few pieces I think and wanted to know if the torque from sky + 15 h2h skill is better then + 20 acc? What is hand to hand skill worth in terms of acc?

btw impetus - Does the acc crit/attk and chd reset when you miss? I got the empy body +1 (reforged) and on cp mobs I am critting about 65-70 % of the time. it is absurd. I was told the bonuses applied to impetus reset when you miss.. just 1 misss :( Is this true, how do people know this?

Skill translates to something like .85 x skill = Accuracy

So 15 x .85 = 12.75 iirc. I'm at work or I'd dig up the real number. It also increases the damage of your weapon but whether or not it will make a difference would need to be checked with spreadsheet.

As for Impetus, yes the Crit rate and damage reset when you miss. Extensive testing was done by Montenten and friends back in the abyssea days. A link to the testing can probably be found on bgwiki under impetus's information.

But fear not, because Crit Rate and damage rise 1% per hit iirc so if you do miss, it won't take too long to regain the awesomeness.
[+]
By cervelo84 2016-03-18 18:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

that is ashame it resets but with a good set of buffs ( cor geon brd) mnk is very very viable at the end game and blu dps cannot touch mnk dps.
By cervelo84 2016-03-23 07:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I thought 1 H2H skill was 3 acc but now you are saying it is .75 acc. So I am trying to find the best acc necklace and it seems Ej Necklace is it. Any other options? Also for the offhand is the delve +15 acc one the best?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-23 08:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

that is ashame it resets but with a good set of buffs ( cor geon brd) mnk is very very viable at the end game and blu dps cannot touch mnk dps.

This.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-23 09:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

This.

Would be interesting to see a 119(III) Vere Monk with AM3 up going to town. H2H WS kinda blow, but they have quite a large amount of white damage. I know it only procs on one fist, but what about kick attacks? I don't play MNK so I honestly have no idea about that, but I find it interesting.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-23 09:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Vere AM doesn't proc on Kick Attacks, neither does Spharai Occasional double damage effect, neither does Glanzfaust's AM3.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-23 09:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
It also increases the damage of your weapon but whether or not it will make a difference would need to be checked with spreadsheet.
It should always make a difference? It's always gonna be at least a +1 damage, possibly +2 according to how much skill you already have.

Also is the skill>acc past 200 (or whatever the threshold is) really just 0.85? I thought it was 0.9 :(((
By Blazed1979 2016-03-23 09:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In the month since I've returned to game, I have come to realize that Blu's popularity isn't purely based on dps/dmg output, although it is considerably high - higher than I've ever seen blu since it was first released (Sneak Attack Cannonballs on Dark Ixion being the exception).

Blues can deliver SC's by themselves in two ways, self heal, self buff, survive better and Magic burst. They require less upkeep and benefit from the same geo buffs that BLM/RDM/SCHs do.

MNK can only deliver DPS, nothing else, and takes much more dmg, requires a lot more support.

SE lost the plot when they allowed SCHs to skillchain. They completely lost it when they allowed hybrid jobs like blue/rdm/thf to be on par in dps output as pure DPS jobs like MNK/WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM.

Balancing this ***isn't hard. Blu's will still be invited to parties/events if they do 25-30% less dmg than full blown DDs, but at least when you do decide to bring a pure DPS job you can make the case that while they're dying faster and taking more dmg, they're killing the mob 25-30% faster. But this ***as it stands right now is ridiculous.

I after glowed i119 III all my relics and empyreans and while the increased dmg is great, and those 5k crits is eye candy, the only job that i feel really benefited in the current XI is DRK from Apoc i119 afterglow. I can't be killed with Apoc and 10k catastrophes back to back none stop with capped accuracy is fuggin nutz.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-03-23 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
It also increases the damage of your weapon but whether or not it will make a difference would need to be checked with spreadsheet.
It should always make a difference? It's always gonna be at least a +1 damage, possibly +2 according to how much skill you already have.

Also is the skill>acc past 200 (or whatever the threshold is) really just 0.85? I thought it was 0.9 :(((

With 424+16 and either +242 or +269, the +15 skill will always equal +2 Base Damage. With +228, it's just +1. Also each point of skill in this range is definitely Acc+0.9 and Att+1.
By Yandaime 2016-03-23 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

With 424+16 and either +242 or +269, the +15 skill will always equal +2 Base Damage. With +228, it's just +1. Also each point of skill in this range is definitely Acc+0.9 and Att+1.

Thanks, I couldn't remember the exact skill - accuracy ratio. After 200 skill it goes from 1:1 to 1:0.9. As for H2H damage, yes skill jumps right in but I don't know if it'd be enough to be a noticeable difference. This was discussed before in the past in debates about certain H2H earrings and neck pieces. The underlying argument was about crossing damage tiers.

Wish I could be more helpful, only so much time in my breaks
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-24 04:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage tiers? I'm not sure what you're talking about, I beg your pardon.
Did you mean the STR tiers? dSTR?
+1 Damage is +1 damage, period, it's always gonna make a difference afaik? Granted it's gonna be small of course, but every bit counts hey!
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-03-24 05:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They mean +1 or +2 weapon damage from the extra H2H skill.
By Blazed1979 2016-03-25 05:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

This.

Would be interesting to see a 119(III) Vere Monk with AM3 up going to town. H2H WS kinda blow, but they have quite a large amount of white damage. I know it only procs on one fist, but what about kick attacks? I don't play MNK so I honestly have no idea about that, but I find it interesting.

I'm a bit disappointed by Afterglowed Vere's. Haven't finished capping my JP on MNK, so I'm still holding out on giving a verdict. It might just be that my decked out and capped WAR and DRK are the benchmark, but I don't think they were performing this bad before I capped their JPs.
5.8k-11k crits from Apoc and Ukon on semi-relevant content like T2s/T3's is a high bar for MNK, currently hitting air 50% of the time, to aim for.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-05 00:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SO will this guide ever get updated? Dead job I know, but I have hope of a grand return someday!
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-14 11:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping for an update too :(

Just came back and wanting to do some upgrades. I guess I'll whip out my ol spreadsheet and plug away
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-14 12:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My alt is main MNK, so I too was looking for updated info.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-14 12:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question, for a victory smite new JSE cape.... I'm thinking STR 20 / Crit 10% / DA 10% is optimal? Was thinking Acc/Attk would work better in other equipment slots ?

Thanks~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-04-14 12:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
In the month since I've returned to game, I have come to realize that Blu's popularity isn't purely based on dps/dmg output, although it is considerably high - higher than I've ever seen blu since it was first released (Sneak Attack Cannonballs on Dark Ixion being the exception).

Blues can deliver SC's by themselves in two ways, self heal, self buff, survive better and Magic burst. They require less upkeep and benefit from the same geo buffs that BLM/RDM/SCHs do.

MNK can only deliver DPS, nothing else, and takes much more dmg, requires a lot more support.

SE lost the plot when they allowed SCHs to skillchain. They completely lost it when they allowed hybrid jobs like blue/rdm/thf to be on par in dps output as pure DPS jobs like MNK/WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM.

Balancing this ***isn't hard. Blu's will still be invited to parties/events if they do 25-30% less dmg than full blown DDs, but at least when you do decide to bring a pure DPS job you can make the case that while they're dying faster and taking more dmg, they're killing the mob 25-30% faster. But this ***as it stands right now is ridiculous.

I after glowed i119 III all my relics and empyreans and while the increased dmg is great, and those 5k crits is eye candy, the only job that i feel really benefited in the current XI is DRK from Apoc i119 afterglow. I can't be killed with Apoc and 10k catastrophes back to back none stop with capped accuracy is fuggin nutz.

Pretty much sums up why I have no interest in coming back. I have the gil to upgrade my spharai/Glanz/and Vereth, but my day 1 PLD the last time I played was infinitely more desired than my mnk. Even before I made macros.

They were like just equip your aegis and use flash and voke every time they're up, lol.

It got to the point where I didn't even engage anymore. I'd just go to Resinjima or w/e it's called and spam job emotes in all my PLD macros so playing the job wouldn't be completely boring lol
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-14 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Random question, for a victory smite new JSE cape.... I'm thinking STR 20 / Crit 10% / DA 10% is optimal? Was thinking Acc/Attk would work better in other equipment slots ?

Thanks~

You can only choose crit or da, not both. The best would be 20 STR/20acc+atk/10crit most likely
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-14 13:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh, well then, that makes sense.

Thanks Ramzus
By Arcto 2016-04-18 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think for a tp/shijin piece I am going to be doing dex/acc-attk/10%da. Not many worthwhile WS benefit from WSD
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-04-22 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got curious, and since I have a lot of NIN gear that translates over to MNK, I thought to myself "I'm going to gear up MNK with a lot of acc and see if I can build a bones CP party". Lets see if I can hit the mobs first.

Heres the gear
ItemSet 343345
Hammerfists Path B: DMG+15 STR+20 ACC+15
Ryuo Somen Path A: STR+10 DEX+10 ACC+15
Rao Togi Path A: ACC+10 ATT+10 EVA+10
Ryuo Tekko Path D: DEX+10 ACC+20 DA+3
Herculean Trousers: AGI+6 ACC+36 ATT+22
Herculean Boots: STR+2 ACC+30 ATT+11 TA+2

With Sublime Sushi, Ionis I was sitting at ~1200 ACC.
At first I attempted to use Indi-Haste, and Geo-Fury on my mule while rotating Focus/Aggressor, however I was at a ~20% hit rate on the mob.

Tried switching to Geo-Precision, I got up to ~22% hit rate.
Finally went to Geo-Torpor and Indi-Precision, where I had a maximum at one point of 1336 ACC, with only a ~26% hit rate.

So I'm not sure how much ACC is needed, but it sure seems like more than is functional to fight APEX Draugars with monks. Sadly gone are the days of bone parties.

Each hand was hitting for 150-200, crits of 300

Ideally the CP Party setup could be:
MNK, MNK, PLD, RDM, GEO, BRD

This would require the RDM to Distract, Haste 2 and heal, Geo to have Precision and Torpor up, Bard to have 1 March and 2 Madrigals.
And still it might not be enough.

Edit for Itemset
By fonewear 2016-04-22 19:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
SO will this guide ever get updated? Dead job I know, but I have hope of a grand return someday!

Sadly no one plays monk anymore :(
By Esheep 2016-04-24 23:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

does anyone know if Verethragna aftermath Occ Double/triple Damage can activate in the following:

1. Off hand attack
2. Double attack or Triple attack
3. Kick attack

thanks,
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-25 00:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Only mainhand and multiattacks (DA/TA/QA) that proc on the offhand.
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 363 364 365