New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 261 262 263
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 01:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jajuju said: »
Does doing a boxstep in dynamis proc treasure hunter on a mob? If I have TH8 lets say and I box step a mob i have yet to hit physically to apply my TH stat on it...and it procs and I instant kill it with Rudra's Storm....did it die with TH8 on it (assuming my weaponskill set has no treasure hunter gear etc)

Extracting from wikia:

Quote:
Enhancing the Effect

Players with Thief set as main job have a chance to increase the current level of Treasure Hunter on a target when landing a melee attack. This will be indicated by a visual effect and a log message.
This effect caps at 12. since feb2015 update, gifts will allow you to reach th13.
The chance greatly diminishes with each level of difference between the target's current Treasure Hunter effect and your current Treasure Hunter bonus. For example, if you apply TH8 on a monster and then drop your TH bonus to 3 by switching equipment, further increments will be extremely rare.
A successful Sneak Attack or Trick Attack significantly increases the chance.
An attack that applies Feint has up to double the chance (when fully merited).
The improvements from these abilities can be stacked.
Only the first attack of a round can enhance Treasure Hunter.
Weaponskills, melee-damaging job abilities (such as Violent Flourish), and Additional Effects (such as Enfire or Drain Samba) can enhance Treasure Hunter, but will give no visual effect or log message.
By Jajuju 2015-02-21 20:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

These new Elemental Gorget and Belts...where do these stack up for weaponskills? Should I assume I should sell my artful belt+1 while they are still expensive?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-21 20:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They're the same thing as before (.1 ftp). The 10% WSD is just a poor translation.
By Jajuju 2015-02-21 20:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So what square did was just create one belt to rule them all? Kind of a letdown...
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 20:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There is some extra tricks in those neck/waist (conserve tp, not deplete tp 1%) but the point of those was simply to reduces inventory space, whats questionable too. Gorget/neck adds 0.1 ftp, so its just relevant for ws with low ftp, what in current game means an obsolete ws (current tendency are the low hit/high ftp ws - rudra/fudo/savage blade), aside that most relevant ws have alignment with darkness or light, so for most players, there was just 2 neck/gorget worth to carry.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-21 20:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
conserve tp
The old belts had that as well. The 1% chance at not using TP sure is fun when it kicks in, though.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-23 00:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

2% of the time, you can WS again immediately after. I'm pretty sure that supersedes any potential damage boost from other equipment (presuming gorget/belt combo) without even factoring in the ftp boost.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-23 00:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
2% of the time, you can WS again immediately after. I'm pretty sure that supersedes any potential damage boost from other equipment (presuming gorget/belt combo) without even factoring in the ftp boost.

Assuming it procs...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-23 03:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

once again:
Even if the gains of using a WS mod piece of equipment over gorget/belt because of "low FTP", the net gain in damage of having kept all your TP (and yes, this isnt Conserve TP where you keep a small fraction of it, you actually keep all of your TP) and being able to WS again will be significantly higher than whatever damage the stat mod adds.

Lets say your WS with gorget/belt deals 5000, and your WS with stat mod gorget/belt deals 5050. After 50 WS's, your gorget/belt combo will actually deal 51 WS's for a total of 255000 dmg, whereas your stat mod combo will deal 252500 dmg.

Its the same reason its worthwhile to WS in TA/QA gear, depending on the alternatives.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 06:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking the new info we have about the skirmish augments, i checked few new sets.

First, some info about skirmish augments, provided most by sech in his post in bg:

- you can augment your skirmish piece with up to 3 augments. Each slot is relative to the current 3 stones type: snow, leaf and dusk. Each type of stone has 4 categories that determine what kind of job will be favored:
. Slit: melee dd;
. Tip: ranged dd;
. Dim: magic users;
. Orb: pet orbs.

- each type of slit stone has its own augment pool. For thfs, the most relevant are:
. Snowslit: att/acc. I will consider the combo att20/acc20;
. Leafslit: ta, dw. I will consider ta2 or dw5;
. Duskslit: str/dex, wsd, critdmg. I will consider str9/dex9 dex10, wsd3 and critdmg3.

The sad part is that wsd, critdmg and stats share the same slot, and it reduces a lot the relevance of wsd/critdmg. For rudra specifically, wsd > critdmg because it has the same max, and wsd can be used both in stacked and unstacked, but due to high ftp, rudra will benefit more from str/dex augments than wsd/critdmg.

As the max combo we can get is dex/str +7, wsd ends being slightly superior, being overall dex10 > str7dex7

ItemSet 333278

Full taeon set with feet + back capping dw11, and the others pieces with ta2. If sam rolls is available, ginsen can be swapped by a yetshila +1 for minor small increase in dps.

ItemSet 333171

Unstacked will consider ta2 in all taeon slots with str/dex 9, what according to spreadsheet, will help more than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333169

Stacked with taeon ta2.

All sets with att20/acc20.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-02-23 06:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Would these items be better for Rudra's?

(Not sure if the belt and gorget stacks...)

By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 07:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kayapa is the second best if trepidity mantle latent doesnt proc. the diference is 2 dex so not that big deal favoring kayapa over trepidy, the inv space even advise using kayapa.

Now gorget/belt against wanion/shifting.

Supose ws at exactly 1000tp (with moonshade, so ftp 8,25).

Wanion/shifting: (dex7+8): 15*8,25 = 123 before pdif. (15*0,8)*8,25 = 99
Belt/gorget: 303*0,2 = 60 before pdif (303 is the total base dex from above sets) (108+19+0,8*303)*0,2 = 73

Obviously higher ftp (tp above 1000) will pull dex waist/belt even higher than elemental belt/gorget.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-23 10:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone play around with new harp dagger yet? 114 dmg looks interesting.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Its not a decent dagger for thf, starting with its dagger skill: 228. The extra 28 attack just make even with others 119 daggers, but leaves with less than 20 acc. Delay is relatively high, so its basically a dagger option for war.

But on topic of dagger, one that deserve a special attention is ipetam. With the increase of augments potency, plus the third slot augment, i see ipetam close or slight superior than izhiikoh, being the 4th slot from rakaznar alluvion the last step to make ipetam the best adoulin dagger. Today I will try farming the wings to grab one and throw some stones on it, but bg states a skirmish h2h with extra dmg of 20+, so i dont think that impossible something like that for ipetam. Currently, aside any other augment, it requires about 27 to surpass izhiikoh. Depending of how high wsd can reach, plus a third slot, and i think we have a decent option here.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-23 11:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Its not a decent dagger for thf, starting with its dagger skill: 228. The extra 28 attack just make even with others 119 daggers, but leaves with less than 20 acc. Delay is relatively high, so its basically a dagger option for war.

But on topic of dagger, one that deserve a special attention is ipetam. With the increase of augments potency, plus the third slot augment, i see ipetam close or slight superior than izhiikoh, being the 4th slot from rakaznar alluvion the last step to make ipetam the best adoulin dagger. Today I will try farming the wings to grab one and throw some stones on it, but bg states a skirmish h2h with extra dmg of 20+, so i dont think that impossible something like that for ipetam. Currently, aside any other augment, it requires about 27 to surpass izhiikoh. Depending of how high wsd can reach, plus a third slot, and i think we have a decent option here.

Ugh idk if I have it in me to turn around and pick up another dagger to hold me oer for 60 days and another -1 inv.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-23 12:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you finding Taeon Chapeau to still beat Felistris/Iuitl+1 for easier than Tojil targets (say delve fodder, or even dynamis?). I'm really on the fence about Taeon Chapeau as a TP piece because trading DA for Crit doesn't sound too great, obviously if accuracy matters though the piece is awesome. I know the Blu forums is still using Iuitl+1 for fodder sets at least.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-23 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking the new info we have about the skirmish augments, i checked few new sets.

First, some info about skirmish augments, provided most by sech in his post in bg:

- you can augment your skirmish piece with up to 3 augments. Each slot is relative to the current 3 stones type: snow, leaf and dusk. Each type of stone has 4 categories that determine what kind of job will be favored:

- each type of slit stone has its own augment pool. For thfs, the most relevant are:
. Duskslit: str/dex, wsd, critdmg. I will consider str9/dex9, wsd3 and critdmg3.

The sad part is that wsd, critdmg and stats share the same slot, and it reduces a lot the relevance of wsd/critdmg. For rudra specifically, wsd > critdmg because it has the same max, and wsd can be used both in stacked and unstacked, but due to high ftp, rudra will benefit more from str/dex augments than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333278

Full taeon set with feet + back capping dw11, and the others pieces with ta2. If sam rolls is available, ginsen can be swapped by a yetshila +1 for minor small increase in dps.

ItemSet 333171

Unstacked will consider ta2 in all taeon slots with str/dex 9, what according to spreadsheet, will help more than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333169

Stacked with taeon ta2.

If feet and back cap DW at 11, shouldn't we ditch suppa/brutal for bladeborn/steelflash?
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-23 12:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »

. Duskslit: str/dex, wsd, critdmg. I will consider str9/dex9, wsd3 and critdmg3.

ItemSet 333278

ItemSet 333171

ItemSet 333169

Stacked with taeon ta2.

If feet and back cap DW at 11, shouldn't we ditch suppa/brutal for bladeborn/steelflash?

Or Trux/Brutal
By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@failaras

Rechecked my spreadsheet, and verified what put taeon ahead iuitl against fodders (pdif capped) is the extra str/dex. As i used ta2 taeon head for both tp and ws sets, the extra str/dex made rudras ahead, but even in the field "melee dps" taeon with str/dex will pull ahead (probably due to dex sweet spot, im not sure).

Taeon head ta2 without str/dex augments will fall bellow iuitl+1 in fact, with da2 or crit2, being da2 > crit2 in that scenario (delve fodder with pdif capped).

@ celoria

Spreadsheet says red earring to be a bit worse than tripudio + brutal combo. Comparing those 2, red earrings are da7 stp2 and att/acc8. Tripudio + brutal is da5 stp6 att6. Against tojil with madrigal, acc8 isnt relevant, leaving da2 att2 against stp3. The da/stp relationship is always very close to each other dpswise, depending of total set to define whats best or worse. In that scenario i did, stp pulled ahead da, so ocachi beated asperity, thats why the spt3 pulled ahead da2.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-23 13:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With the right augs now skirmish dagger > delve dagger.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet with how much some of you enjoy using the spreadsheet. This is all speculation though if you can roll DMG on it like you can other weps. Haven't seen a dagger with +dmg yet.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-23 14:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i was thinking about sTP +2 from red ears. I completely forgot about trip due to i am to lazy to spam farm it. guess i have my reason now.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-02-23 22:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

still working on augments but i think 127 base dmg compared to 108 makes up for lack of TA/dex
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-02-23 23:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, I believe. If I'm doing my math right, only need 120dmg to match the loss of dex as far as rudra is concerned. Put on a few more points for the lack of potential ddex and TA; 127 should be plenty.

Through the mist of all this, don't forget that, unless it's been changed, augmented +dmg doesn't count when calculating fStr.
By Colossusx 2015-02-24 00:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
still working on augments but i think 127 base dmg compared to 108 makes up for lack of TA/dex
What stone puts DMG on dagger?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-24 00:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would wager then, for an offhand Ipetam (Vajra mainhand) that getting a very high DEX augment, a good deal of acc/attack, and a trait like crit or WS damage would be ideal.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-02-24 07:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossusx said: »
Phoenix.Erics said: »
What stone puts DMG on dagger?
duskslit +1 is what i used to get that, it also gave me +15str before dmg.
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-25 01:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So like an idiot I got over excited and maxed out the despoil job point category. Only I find it to be extremely useless, because you can't see your target's tp and it works by taking a percentage of the tp. It seems near impossible to use effectively.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-25 03:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
So like an idiot I got over excited and maxed out the despoil job point category. Only I find it to be extremely useless, because you can't see your target's tp and it works by taking a percentage of the tp. It seems near impossible to use effectively.

Dont feel bad, all thfs job points abilities are lackluster. Your real goal is to receive all your gifts, that are worth all jp used.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-25 03:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »

Dont feel bad, all thfs job points abilities are lackluster. Your real goal is to receive all your gifts, that are worth all jp used.

Not all of them are lackluster, SA and TA job points are actually nice.

Larceny isn't too bad either, just extremely situational. Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists are nice ones to steal for DPS, just make sure you have alternate TP sets for them to account for the bonuses you steal. Even Invincible and Perfect Dodge can be decent to have longer durations on in certain fights.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 261 262 263