AUTO SORT ITEMS!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » AUTO SORT ITEMS!!
AUTO SORT ITEMS!!
First Page 2
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-05-20 16:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

woo after many years of asking and asking, we finally get it!

for all you people that don't want it, you can turn it off. however i don't see that many people wanting to lose treasure.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-05-20 19:07:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Grrrr, I don't like it! I can't count how many times I've meritted and then I'd get all the seals cause no one is sorting their inventory.

No more free seals for me. :(
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-05-20 19:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To me, this has always been a good example of one of those really spectacularly embarrassing coding failures that later become rationalized as an intended feature. =/
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-05-20 20:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Like windowed mode =O
 Ragnarok.Saeryn
Server: Ragnarok
user: Saeryn
By Ragnarok.Saeryn 2008-05-20 21:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And having nomad moogles in Selbina and Mhuarahahaha. ABOUT BLOODY TIME D<
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2008-05-21 09:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Luignata on this one. No more getting all the items in an exp party because everyone else is too lazy to sort. I used to get most of my crystals for crafting and seals by other people's lazyness.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2008-05-21 15:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Square should be embarassed that this "feature" was left in the game so long. Ultima Online had auto stacking and it came out in 1997. Hell, every other FF I can think of had auto stacking.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-05-21 17:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like TP readouts in the party window, or MP in an alliance. The information is there, the server sends the numbers, they are stored in memory, and then... not drawn to the screen. There are all kinds of examples in the FF code like this where features (like fullscreen) are done, but buggy, so they just disable them and say it's a "feature" rather than fixing the bug.

The amusing thing is how, over time, players start to see the frustrating, broken aspects of a game as intended functionality. That having to remember to sort your items, for example, is an intended feature of game balance and intended to punish "lazy" players who forget to do so. "Working as intended." Or that having to shout out your TP in group chat every 20 seconds is an intended frustration.

When in actuality, it's just buggy/broken code that they've never gotten around to fixing for going on 5 years.
 Phoenix.Ladyjazz
Premium
Server: Phoenix
user: Ladyjazz
By Phoenix.Ladyjazz 2008-05-21 18:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they used to say it was so RMT could hold less with their bots.... Ha!

That always made me wince, not being valid arguement for more than 3 years!!!
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-05-22 14:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been a long time coming, but at least they are finally getting around to it. I much prefer hearing about updates the community has been asking for than updates that no one ever asked for and no one even needs.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-05-22 19:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else find it amusing that they're suddenly fixing all these long-standing frustrating bugs right as Age of Conan is released?
 Sylph.Oprime
Server: Sylph
user: Oprime
By Sylph.Oprime 2008-05-24 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

:O Auto sort, yay!!! Sux how SE waits until after they get serious competition to fix obvious issues. 6 years and computers have more then decupled in processing power since game release. Where are my enhanced textures and increased draw distance D:!? If I have to pay, I'd pay.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-05-24 16:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@ claquesous: i agree so much. then again, there are people that get what they want just because it is so ridiculously easy to say they made someone happy (cheese sandwich) when there are other things like more mage foods, and foods that can compete with sushi that they are just now starting to think about implementing. i mean seriously, stewpot mastery is a joke. i'm sure that could've been thought out a bit more.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-06-03 03:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We finally get the carrot they've been dangling off the end of the stick for the last 5 [going on 6] years.

The sad thing is that, like much of the horrendously late features S/E pushes out, the Windower and its plugins will likely already be doing it better.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-06-09 22:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

to use this go to MENU>CONFIG>GAMEPLAY
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [123 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Sinneloa
Server: Siren
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2008-10-10 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its really welcome and only time I dont have auto sort on is when Im synthing. Its a very welcome "feature". LOL
 Phoenix.Hanyoko
user: Hanyoko
By Phoenix.Hanyoko 2008-10-10 13:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to have a command to disable/enable it.
Changing jobs I dont want it on, everywhere else is great.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-10-12 16:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As i do love the new auto-sort function, i have to admit i will miss those free drops in parties, due to others being lazy sorter's... =`(
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-13 00:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just me or does this not work all the time when crafting stackable items? sometimes i find that it works and sorts it, other times it just seems like it was turned off (even though it wasnt).
 Phoenix.Hanyoko
By Phoenix.Hanyoko 2008-10-13 07:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

From my observations it only seems to autosort when the quantity of items in your inventory change. Thus when synthing if your inventory does a -1 +1 in the process it never seems to get sorted.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2008-10-13 07:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc I've seen that many times as well. It seems if you are crafting stackable items they will just pile up until you craft something non-stackable or stack it yourself.
 Pandemonium.Shinrai
user: Shinrai
By Pandemonium.Shinrai 2008-10-13 12:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hanyoko has got the right of it, sorta. Say you're making Yag Drinks (Dark Crystal 1x Yagudo Cherry 3x Buburimu Grape). Starting with full stacks, you'll see the first three synths autosort (the drinks move up on the list) but the 4th synth that empties a stack of grapes will not autosort, so your inventory will look like

Crystals
Cherries
Grapes
Drinks
(Gear and Misc)
A single drink

This happens with stackables, unstackables, whatever - it's always obvious when you use the last crystal in a stack. I think what happens is that if an item is REMOVED from your inventory in the process of a synth, the autosort doesn't kick in. So, if you're making, say, lumber or ingots, it'll never autosort. If you're just making, say, Tsurara or Roasted Corn or something like that, it'll do it all the time.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-10-13 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying this... but I'm just saying...

http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/lightluggage

Move along folks, nothing to see here.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-10-13 16:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

um.. this does happen when last single item is removed from your inventory, but when you craft the next thing, it gets auto-sorted. Ive never seen singles just add up in my inventory. I usually craft a bunch of items in one sitting, so when that one item doesnt sort, it doesnt matter b/c it will after my next synth. Different synths did not matter either. Sorts after next synth, period.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-10-16 08:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

UPDATE.. I was crafting yet another item.. sleeping potions. This item is not auto stacking at all. So it seems that different items have different reactions. Looks like a bug now.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-16 11:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm...well i'm glad it's not just me. btw it happens to me when i NQ/HQ use the last item ect ect. it just...always happens like autosort is off. there is no sorting.
 Phoenix.Hanyoko
By Phoenix.Hanyoko 2008-10-17 09:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It might only attempt to activate when the "Add item to inventory" code is called. It might also store a variable where "Previous sorted amount"
Pseudo code go!
AddItem(X)
{
//add to inventory

If (previous_count != count_inventory())
{
Sort()!;
previous_count = count_inventory();
}
}
This seems to support my observations at least~
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-17 12:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

code confuses me i have no clue what all that means, but i'll assume thats how they make it work? or should make it work at least.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-10-17 14:44:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I also noticed this when I break glasses in Dynamis. I trade Timeless Hourglass to get a Perpetual Hourglass back, but the Perpetual is stuck at the bottom of my inventory, and when I use it to create another, both get moved to the top of my inventory. So it does seem like the code only activates when the number of slots in the inventory is changed.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-17 15:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

when you craft though the number in the inventory is changed. maybe its just a bug then, because it SHOULD sort.
First Page 2