Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Black belt "Beat Around the Bushin Items"
Black belt "Beat Around the Bushin Items"
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-04-09 07:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the other two able to be solo'd by a Dancer at all? Granted gear isn't the best it could be but do want to try and get my black belt for my Mnk at some point.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-21 05:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »
dont believe people making the turle harder than it is. its easy. gimp SCH + MNK will kill it np, you don't need skillchains (it took me 20 minutes though). If you want to be safe though bring MNK MNK BRD WHM, WHM MNK MNK or WHM BRD MNK. Any combo works. One MNK's dot (fully hasted) is enough to keep its HP constant during shell. It will exit shell for 1 second every 30s iish, then you do a WS for 3-4k dmg.

I'm finding it hard to find BLMs in my shell for this. Can anyone vouch for this strategy? I haven't read anywhere that he pops his head out every 30 seconds.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-05-21 06:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

may the turtle be soloable or duoable by PUP with BLM Automaton and maybe a WHM?
By Gorbytron 2013-05-21 06:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it with Whm Blm Blu and Mnk. Mnk and Blu Melee when its out of shell and Blm nuke it while in shell if blm gets low on mp just turn and let it beat on ya, when blm has mana we go again try to WS when its out of shell. Sticking to this strat we were able to down it no problems, trying to keep melee on it while its in shell on our first attempt it went rough and regen'd alot.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-26 15:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »
dont believe people making the turle harder than it is. its easy. gimp SCH + MNK will kill it np, you don't need skillchains (it took me 20 minutes though). If you want to be safe though bring MNK MNK BRD WHM, WHM MNK MNK or WHM BRD MNK. Any combo works. One MNK's dot (fully hasted) is enough to keep its HP constant during shell. It will exit shell for 1 second every 30s iish, then you do a WS for 3-4k dmg.

I'm finding it hard to find BLMs in my shell for this. Can anyone vouch for this strategy? I haven't read anywhere that he pops his head out every 30 seconds.

Anyone? I'm scared, I don't wanna waste 99 seals going in without a BLM :(
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2013-05-30 14:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did last night multiple times under 15 mins with mnk, pld, blm, blm, whm, brd

pretty gimp gear
brd was 96
one blm in teal
whm was 75 who just started and was abyssea burnt to 75

This is my old static group that returned from a 2 year absense 2 weeks ago.

no E. weapons

mnk and pld made ice SC
blms MB
brd haste, songs, threnody, requiem

mnk and pld melee until it shells then SC, blms MB and would normally unshell it on first MB, if not they would continue to nuke. After it unshells all mages to the center and immediately rest while brd did ballad. PLD kited in circle until blms had 700is magic then mnk and pld would go back to work. Took 4 cycles this way. Could be done without the whm and the brd, would just take more time.

96 Brd/whm
75 Whm/rdm
96 Blm/sch ~ Cryohelix and ice weather
96 Blm/rdm ~ silence refresh DoT
99 Mnk/war
99 Pld/war

With requiem, choke, shock, rasp, bio2, and cryohelix and mnk meleeing regen was not noticeable.

This set up seemed to work well.
By Kooljack 2013-06-06 11:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yes I've killed the turtle without nukes whatsoever..

he is a little but of a pain but can be lowmanned.

3bst+cor. regain roll and just slam him with ws when he goes into shell too get him out. let the pets tank via snarl and run out avoiding -ga's youl be fine /dnc was enough too cure some small things. corsair's magic dmg capabilities helped too..

so low man all melee DD does work just need too be prepared.
 Phoenix.Felonius
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2013-06-14 07:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Started working on this last night, we didn't lose any battles
Wyrm Beard - 1/2
Behemoth Tongue 0/6

The Early Bird Catches the Wyrm we went in with
Whm/Blm, Blm/Rdm, blm/whm, Rng/Nin, Mnk/War, Drk/War
then switched to
Whm/Rdm, Blm/Rdm, Blm/Whm, Rng/Nin, Mnk/Nin, Drk/Nin
Mnk with Delve Weapon upgraded to stage 2
Drk had 90 Caladbolg
The first battle had multiple deaths. The second battle I don't believe we had any deaths. It took very little time to get it to 66% a while to get it from 66% to 33% and then we quickly killed it once it landed again.

Horns of War we went in with
Whm/Blm, Rdm/Whm, War/Dnc, Nin/???, Mnk/Thf, Drk/War
In this fight the Rdm and the Drk stayed out of range of it's AOE, the Rdm's purpose for the most part was curing the Whm. The War and Nin died almost every battle, the Mnk never died. You could probably easily 4 man this with 2 DD and 2 Healers. Meteor was hitting the Mnk for ~900-1000 damage and Mnk was wearing ~12% -MDT gear. The War usually lived until the end when it would aoe and then drop meteor at about the same time. Sadly no drop.

From the 4 orbs I used I ended up with 1xWyrm Beard, 2xHoney Wine, 2xVile Elixir+1, 2xVile Elixir, 2xBeatly Shank, and some other random stuff. We didn't see any significant drops beyond the guaranteed drops and the 1xWyrm Beard.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-07-13 16:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, ummm, I was wondering if MNK formless strike works when the turtle in its shell. I want to use my MNK again, and having a black belt is the only thing stopping me from taking it out of my moghouse.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-13 16:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

formless doesn't help but a couple rigor/oati mnk with haste buffs will drop it anyway
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-07-13 16:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They're strong enough to just rip through its defense and regen?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-13 17:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yea

mnkx4 sch brd with enblizzardga and marches was killing in sub-3min pre-delve(vereth 90)

have done it in like 40 seconds with the same setup now(oati).. i'm sure 2 mnk brd sch would be fine

can prob cut the brd if you embrava and have sch nuke, maybe even mnk sch duo
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-07-13 17:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the information.

My friends and I can do the 2 mnk brd sch setup. So just a normal fight pretty much? Buff up and just whack away?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-13 17:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yep
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-07-13 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty. Thank you ^^
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-25 21:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 2 runs of this fight tonight, Rigor MNK WHM and BRD. First fight we didn't think MP would be an issue so he never casted Mage's Ballad at all til convert timer was down and I died on MNK, but luckily it was out of shell so BRD just kept kiting it til I recovered. Won with about 5mins to spare.

Second fight was a breeze once we got the hang of it. Keep double march/haste up on MNK, Dia 2 and Requiem every time he goes into shell and it was over in 10 minutes without using 1 hours. I turned the last time he popped his head out at 20% just to kite him and let my WHM get to full MP because Convert was down, but honestly wasn't really needed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-26 01:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Aspidochelone the same in difficulty as the KSNM turtle? I'm wondering if I could try the same 3man strategy if I manage to get a Red Pondweed to drop.
By Kell 2013-07-26 01:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if I manage to get a Red Pondweed to drop.

If is the big question. Blue > Red pondweed conversion has got to be one of the worst drops of all three NQs. My ls has used 9 of their pops so far, multiple thfs, and still no HQ item. We did get a ton of ore, a curiass, and a few sipars.

The last run we did before this (months ago) we got a HQ pop, used it to pop aspid - and got a crystal.

1 crystal.

KS99 is really the way to go for egg, imo.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-26 01:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kell said: »
if I manage to get a Red Pondweed to drop.

If is the big question. Blue > Red pondweed conversion has got to be one of the worst drops of all three NQs. My ls has used 9 of their pops so far, multiple thfs, and still no HQ item. We did get a ton of ore, a curiass, and a few sipars.

The last run we did before this (months ago) we got a HQ pop, used it to pop aspid - and got a crystal.

1 crystal.

KS99 is really the way to go for egg, imo.

I've got about 11 rounds of KSNM in total, and with login points on 3 characters I figure another 12 Blue Pondweeds total by the end of it. I gotta get this Red or Egg to drop eventually lol, I don't even care for Black Belt anymore I just wanna get this done.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
Server: Bahamut
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2013-07-26 05:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw the KSNMs, with the prices as they are now buy the NQ pops and hope for a HQ pop. I went from 1/2 purple belt items, to having my black belt in just over 2 days.

The longest part was Nue for the brown belt item, got the other 2 brown belt items from the KSNM which was easy solo on BST for them both.

Duo's all the HQ kings with my bro, np at all.
By Balias 2013-08-17 23:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
behemoth bst soloable

True, took me 3/4 attempts but I finally got behemoth tongue, now I just need adamantoise egg and I'm done.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-08-18 02:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Balias said: »
Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
behemoth bst soloable

True, took me 3/4 attempts but I finally got behemoth tongue, now I just need adamantoise egg and I'm done.

The egg was my kryptonite! Took me years to get the egg. Well, maybe a few months of actually trying though.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-19 04:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe even Aspid is entirely soloable by BST. Last week there was a BST/WHM who just popped it when I got there. I was amazed he even tried so I sat back to see how he was going to do it/fail. His DoT was surprisingly enough to keep getting him out of his shell, he'd cast Dia the moment it went in and just keep whacking away. Eventually I asked if he wanted my help and joined him on THF cause I had a bunch of Blues to burn through, but he could have honestly taken it down without me there.

The more you know. KSNM version I imagine would be a different story though.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-19 11:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, Aspi should be soloable on PUP with Alternator. You should be able to solo your entire Black belt on PUP, in fact- KS99 Behemoth and Wyrm are soloable, and you can buy Blue Pondweeds, kill with Soulsoother until you get Red, then kill Aspichelone with BLM auto.

I got my BB last week. To add to the drop rate discussion, I went 1/5 on tongue, 1/1 on beard, both from KS99. For egg I spent login points, went 1/7 on Red Pondweed, then 1/1 on egg with TH12 I believe? It took me 1 week starting with 1 of the Brown Belt items (from Morbolger) to black belt. Nue was the most time-consuming part of the process.

If you want a black belt, now is the time to get one. It's still a nice piece even though it's been overtaken in most pure damage setups.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-08-19 11:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
For what it's worth, Aspi should be soloable on PUP with Alternator. You should be able to solo your entire Black belt on PUP, in fact- KS99 Behemoth and Wyrm are soloable, and you can buy Blue Pondweeds, kill with Soulsoother until you get Red, then kill Aspichelone with BLM auto.

I got my BB last week. To add to the drop rate discussion, I went 1/5 on tongue, 1/1 on beard, both from KS99. For egg I spent login points, went 1/7 on Red Pondweed, then 1/1 on egg with TH12 I believe? It took me 1 week starting with 1 of the Brown Belt items (from Morbolger) to black belt. Nue was the most time-consuming part of the process.

If you want a black belt, now is the time to get one. It's still a nice piece even though it's been overtaken in most pure damage setups.

Till SE release the new belt that needs BB...
By eciurb 2013-08-29 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Aspid kill-able like KS99 with mnk + whm + brd? Seen the question in here for this but never seen a answer for it. Finally decided to buy Red after many many none HQ drops or eggless from KS99.
By Ophannus 2013-08-29 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much any mage with SCH sub that can use Attinian Staff or similar can solo it. Blizzard 1 will do like 800-1k damage and has a 2 second recast and costs like under 30mp.
 Phoenix.Audacity
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2013-08-29 13:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Egg- MNK + SCH duo, Bring a WHM if you wanna speed it up so SCH can focus on nuking

Beard - MNK, WHM, and any nuking job can kill with ease

Tongue - BST solo'd for me, Not sure of any other set ups

If you're short of seals, I would say focus on egg first since more people will mercenary the tongue and beard if you can spare a small amount of gil. EGG>Beard>Tongue.

Good luck!
By Yandaime 2013-09-18 09:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

eciurb said: »
Is Aspid kill-able like KS99 with mnk + whm + brd? Seen the question in here for this but never seen a answer for it. Finally decided to buy Red after many many none HQ drops or eggless from KS99.

Helped an LS mate kill Aspid for Egg yesterday with a similar settup to this actually. I'm an Oatixur MNK and I found myself needing to turn around often to avoid killing poor Aspid before TH could build to a decent level. So Honestly, I can see this being duoable with MNK and WHM

Our group was Oat-MNK, THF, SCH, WHM-Mule, BRD-Mule.
Didn't operate the BRD mule at all so March wasn't present.
We brought the SCH as a precaution but Oat-MNK easily overpowers Aspid's Regen and SCH was having fun playing around with Cryohelix on Antinian staff lol

tldr; yea, MNK + BRD + WHM should be able to murder Aspid if the MNK is well updated. Killed KS99 with MNK + BRD + WHM afew times pretty easy