A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-17 22:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Obvious improvements to the set are
Pixie Hairpin +1 (none on AH)
Leviathan Ring +1 (in process of crafting)
MND+ Ammo
New quested MAB earring to replace Crematio (not sure if it would win, but I'll test it once I get it)
And slowly get prefect augments on the Skirmish Gear.
Twilight Cape/Sea Obi when Voidstorm is up.

From my personal tests Levi Ring +1 was the best Ring slot next to Archon. Higher Tier magical Weaponskills have a pretty huge base Mdmg, any MAB should outdo it easily
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-18 04:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the quested MAB earring BLM only or is there another one? I haven't done any checking on the new quests since I`ve been busy lately and I only know of the WHM and BLM earrings.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-07-18 04:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27526/barkaro-earring it's BLM SCH GEO
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-18 07:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
you mean shiva ring +1 senor?

Omniscience has a 80% MND modifier, so Leviathan Ring +1 may pull ahead, slightly. But I may not bother with it if the increase is minimal.

9 MND - Leviathan Ring +1
vs
3 MAB - Shiva Ring +1
vs
4 MAB/2 M.Acc - Strendu Ring

I reaugmented my above set, getting
Hagondes Hat+1: MAB+26
Hagondes Legs: MAB+28
Helios Boots: MAB/M.Acc +20.

I then went to Abyssea and with the same Atmas (Cosmos/Sea Daughter/Sundering Slash), I tested Omniscience with Leviathan Ring (NQ), Shiva Ring +1, and Strendu Ring.

Shiva Ring +1 - 5448
Strendu Ring - 5463
Acumen Ring - 5463
Leviathan Ring - 5546

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-21 12:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Nice. You can get mab+10 out of swapping to hagondes+1 body but yeah, random augmenting system ftl right? I got mab+36 in total on mine so it does win but nothing as special as mab+40

Yea, I'm trying to avoid the random augments as much as possible, so making yet another body wit MAB is not ideal, since I already have 3 of them for SCH.

On a side note. This may be common knowledge, or it may not be. But I discovered this morning that the Enhance Klimaform bonus on the Emp feet also seems to enhance magic damage from WS as well. I only did a few like this, so I will be doing more later to verify.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-21 15:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was wondering how good Magic Burst damage is when compared to high amounts of INT/Matk. For instance I'm currently not planning to aug Helios with Mburst damage (may do Legs in future.

Some of the trade offs like rings, body, or in the future legs which would be something like a 35 Matk loss, are they really worth it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-21 15:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic burst damage from gear caps at 40%. Locus ring seems to ignore cap, not sure that anything else does. That means you can roll with less than perfect helios augs or ditch quite a bit of that gear. If you're adamant about not augmenting helios, it's pretty clear cut that those pieces will be the next-best thing on MBs though.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-21 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it caps but I can't realistically reach that without Helios auging. Wiki says both the rings also go past the cap. If those pieces are clear cut, what about Helios Legs as I mentioned? 10% Mburst for 30~ Matk and 10 Mdamage. I was already unsure about Shiva+1 vs Mujin/Locus but that is a lot more Matk.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-21 16:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

don't see any reason to consider helios legs when you can cap with just helios head/hands/feet and the neckpiece, but i guess i don't understand what you're asking since you said you don't want to do helios.. even if you can only stomach one piece, total waste to do it on legs
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-21 17:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'll just wait and farm up/aug another set of head/hands/feet.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-07-24 06:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I really enjoy self scing/mbing helices on sch especially on some Delve NMs outside ( using tank trusts to hold :p ) but it really sucks that Modus Veritas misses just about every single time I use it.

I really wish SE would fix modus veritas somewhat
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-09 06:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A little updated MEVA set:

ItemSet 336879

Telchine MEVA+21-25
MND+9 or MND+6 CHR+6 I did when noone wanted Duskorbs

Very happy I made this stuff. Every Naga Raja fight paralyze only penetrates the set 1-3 times max while everyone else is bitching. There is a new earring with 8MEVA but i'd rather keep my free 4 MDB for now.

Also for Enhancing Sets you are now able to use 1 more Telchine piece with Enhancing Magic if you unlock the latest gift.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-12 09:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested out Akademus weapon from Escha Ru'aun. Hailstorm II on 126 Rabbits in Woh gates. No suitable weather, trust buffs etc and no mcrit used anywhere:

Tupsi:

Tupsi AM2 2900 TP:

Akademos A) +20INT +20MAB:

Helix II testing on 126 Worms (high INT):

Tupsi:

Tupsi AM2 2900 TP:

Akademos A) +20INT +20MAB:

Basically will use Tupsi with AM1 when heavy MACC is needed. Like in these Pug Vagary Runs where noone brought a GEO.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-12 19:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than Akadedmos are there any clear cut nuking improvements in this update?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-13 03:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Other than Akadedmos are there any clear cut nuking improvements in this update?

There is quite some power creep going on this update:

This is mine from Sinister Reign. Max Augs go up to 15/15 and can even get +1 Refresh

Amalric Gear follows the same pattern as earlier Escha gear with static A B C paths and a variable D path. B and C are not so hot, so you pick A or D if it's good:
B) MP60 INT10 Enmity-5
C) INT10 EleSkill15 DarkSkill15

D) INT10 MACC15 MAB15

A) MP60 MACC15 MAB15
Path D unknown yet

D) MACC15 MAB15 ConserveMP6

A) MP60 MACC15 MAB15
D) MAB+20 Enmity -5 and something I forgot

There are HQ versions of these armor but they basically are the Tartarus Mails and HELM Body drops of this update. Synthing NQ Hexed into 119 Vexed will each run you around 3-4 million (needs Defiant Sweat while other Armors got away with trash items like Bztavian Wings). The Hexed all needs "Ethereal Squama" which is a pain to farm in its own right (T3VNM old content).
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-13 09:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems even NQ Amalric is putting Helios to bed. The HQ versions seem nigh impossible to get as someone that has made Hexed-1 before and I cannot imagine getting enough Squama to make 64~ or so to HQ the T0, it just doesn't exist.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-13 10:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Helios is still good for MBing. But for non-MB, yea, hexed 119 seems to win now. To bad it's all squama based.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-13 12:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Helios is still good for MBing. But for non-MB, yea, hexed 119 seems to win now. To bad it's all squama based.

Actually Helios is kinda bad now for MBing:

Hands - Amalric 5% MB - This was the prime slot for having MB on Helios.
Legs - Helios/Telchine pretty bad
Feet - You want them free from MB for having Klimaform and Empy feet
Body - Helios kind of bad
Head - You want them avaiable for Ebullience + Empy Head MBs

Considering these things this is my ideal choice of an MB set for this patch:

10% Akademos
10% Mizukage
5% Seshaw cape
5% Locus Ring
5% Static Ear
5% Amalric Hands
= 40%

+5% Mujin Band (40% cap breaking)
[+]
 Leviathan.Hyriu
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-08-13 23:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Path D

zzz
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-14 00:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
Path D

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-28 20:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So, returning to SCH since pre-Adoulin days, and I'm curious as to what the current suggestion for merits are now. I have Helix macc/MAB and sublimation, but I wasn't sure if enlightenment and the macc stratagems are good choices. I still have stormsurge from 99.

I have pretty updated gear outside of AF/relic/empy pieces, as I also have GEO, but I was curious what pieces are still exceptionally important. I know Emp hands/feet/head are basically necessary, but I don't know as much as I would like about earlier sets.

Also, how are you guys getting your JPs? I was thinking about nuking acuex in Sih or Umbrils in Woh, but wasn't sure if there were better options. Unfortunately I don't have any cleaver friends to follow around, so I have to do things the hard way.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-28 21:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
So, returning to SCH since pre-Adoulin days, and I'm curious as to what the current suggestion for merits are now. I have Helix macc/MAB and sublimation, but I wasn't sure if enlightenment and the macc stratagems are good choices. I still have stormsurge from 99.

I have pretty updated gear outside of AF/relic/empy pieces, as I also have GEO, but I was curious what pieces are still exceptionally important. I know Emp hands/feet/head are basically necessary, but I don't know as much as I would like about earlier sets.

Also, how are you guys getting your JPs? I was thinking about nuking acuex in Sih or Umbrils in Woh, but wasn't sure if there were better options. Unfortunately I don't have any cleaver friends to follow around, so I have to do things the hard way.

Emp Body is a good piece until you can get something better. All 3 Heads have there uses. 119 Ped. Feet, for the Fast Cast, and Alacrtiy Bonus. And Ped. Pants for the extra 30 secs added to Tabula Rasa
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-29 05:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
Path D

zzz
Seems to be best for stun macc and fc if we're ever forced to stun ever again. Replaces Nahtirah Hat completely. Other than that it's not so bad if you're also RDM main w/ the refresh potency. Idm no refresh+2 on these at all personally. Keeping Spurrina and maybe make this NQ for reasons mentioned.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-29 07:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't mentioned the Aquaveil. Always nice when a horde of Aern MNKs is chasing you down.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-29 07:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally decided to make a Telchine set with Enhancing Magic Duration + on it. So far I'm 34/40 (not doing hands, due to Emp Hands enhancing Perpetuation). I gotta say, it's nice having Haste, Storms, Phalanx, and Refresh lasting 9 minutes.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-29 09:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
not doing hands, due to Emp Hands enhancing Perpetuation

I'd suggest hands, too. Don't have to +10 it, mine is +8 but often enough I pull out a patchwork buff midfight in Dark Arts on someone to make it useful - like Aurorastorm on the WHM, Animus Augeo on Augustus tank, Refresh on another low MP SCH during Sublimation downtime, Flurry one of our melee DD to make them rage, etc
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-29 17:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good call.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 99 100 101