Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-21 00:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
Sure thing, Uploaded it to drive I'd be happy for you to show me that I just messed up a value somewhere
Thanks! Do you happen to know which copy this is release date and revision? I should really start tagging it inside the sheet itself for people that rename it.
By hobo 2017-02-21 00:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I grabbed it from your last post back on page 128, you titled it "DPS Calculator - Cor Feb 2nd 2017 Rev1"
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-21 01:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

All ranged columns for Data row 63 except column G (RNGSet2): adds JP_Gifts!K7 twice.

Leaden Salute bonus is added to WSDMG for set 1 (Data!H176), but not set 2 (Data!I176). I should also point out that this implementation is incorrect, as the mythic bonus comprises a unique term that is applied at the end of damage calculations.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-21 01:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Nightfyre. I thought I had stamped out all the job point/gift issues but there still seems to be more.

Ok so that's why I didn't have it doing the same thing on my sheet because I didn't have my ranged weapon set to mythic.

I'll get a sheet out tomorrow because I noticed a few other things too.
 Leviathan.Bohjangles
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Bohjangles 2017-02-24 08:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the MAB+WSD dmg classified under ranged attack or caster for herculean gear?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-24 09:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic path
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-25 23:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With the fall of VEX/Attun I tried to make some MEVA Focused idle set to help the situation:

ItemSet 349722

Augments:

Back +30 Meva

Anyone see any better MEVA armors? (excluding other earring combos with Sanare and Eabani)

COR also has 2 MEVA Daggers out of Vagary but didn't want to weapon switch here.
By Afania 2017-02-26 01:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Feast hose is probably better due to higher stat.(I don't know how INT and MND affects meva, would be great if anyone could explain ._.) I totally didn't know that waist exist for meva set, thanks.

Speaking of which, what other stat does everyone put on their meva back?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-02-26 01:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

for utility id probably put hp+/maeva/FC, but its not optimal but will prove to be useful in quite a few sets. Your hp probably would drop a bit from tp sets above so that extra hp is just nice to not die.
By Afania 2017-02-26 02:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
for utility id probably put hp+/maeva/FC, but its not optimal but will prove to be useful in quite a few sets. Your hp probably would drop a bit from tp sets above so that extra hp is just nice to not die.

How does DEX+meva sound for some sort of melee/meva hybrid? Or is it a mediocre choice in both category?
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-02-26 03:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Feast hose is probably better due to higher stat.(I don't know how INT and MND affects meva, would be great if anyone could explain ._.) I totally didn't know that waist exist for meva set, thanks.

Int was the common consensus from geo forum for idle capes for dINT. could be wrong.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-26 08:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Afania said: »

Int was the common consensus from geo forum for idle capes for dINT. could be wrong.
It's all very simple. INT and MND contribute to Meva by reducing the Macc of the target.
They also reduce the base damage of the spell.

So... technically I am unsure if they actually contribute to the Meva stat. I actually suspect they might not. But reducing Macc is functionally the same as increasing Meva.
(Though I suppose it could translate like VIT to Def or AGI to Eva... but that's triple the potency so I don't think that is the case.... probably.)

INT is for Black Magic and Ninjutsu (only reducing Macc on Ninjutsu).
MND is for White Magic.
Technically CHR is for Songs. But no one really makes CHR based Meva sets. (Namely because BRD has no nukes.)

So just literally invert why you want INT in your nuking set and you know why it helps Meva.
[+]
By Afania 2017-02-26 12:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
So... technically I am unsure if they actually contribute to the Meva stat. I actually suspect they might not. But reducing Macc is functionally the same as increasing Meva.

Just like some clarification, you mean higher INT and MND from feast hose may not increase meva by pushing the dStat higher?

Edit: Now that I think about it, if INT and MND affects mob magic acc +3 head would beat mummu+1 head as well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-26 13:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He's questioning whether or not base stats directly increase the meva stat, to which as far as we know the answer is "no". They only affect magic hitrate insofar as they're relevant to macc through dSTAT.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-26 13:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, whereas meva is always relevant, the dSTAT can vary by magic type or monster ws. And some of those may or may not even have a dSTAT for macc.

Unless you're gearing a set to resist a specific spell/attack that we know the dSTAT for, I'd stick to focusing on meva/all ele resist.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-03-09 19:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey is there any updated on spreadsheet by chance?
 Asura.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Asura.Faloun 2017-03-10 01:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Regal Necklace... Phantom Roll+7... Can't wait to get it
By Afania 2017-03-10 01:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking into the possibility to do an enmity- 50 set for physical ws, while losing as little dmg/racc as possible. This is what I found:

Outside of ambuscade:
ItemSet 349836

48 enmity- with -5 enmity merits. Are there any better way to hit 50 enmity-? Swapping hands to pursuer hands and use Arvina +1 or enervating caps enmity- but I feel it's kinda too big of a dps lose without wsd +5% on hands.

In ambuscade it's a whole lot easier.
ItemSet 349873

If I understand how legion gear works correctly this set doesn't need any enmity- merit, or one of the dagger could be swap out for shield.
By Slurm818 2017-03-10 03:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Help me understand Afania....

I have a Doomsday with 17 AGI and 19 MAB. It is averaging approx 9300 dmg to Incredibly Easy prey in Escha Zitah between 1000-1150 TP.

I have the bottom line +1000 Bonus TP gun that I just finished for my Savage Blade set...it is averaging 10900 to the same prey between the same TP.

What am I missing here? Is it the difference in mob level to me? As mob level increases the Doomsday will significantly outpace the Bonus TP gun? If weapon damage is not part of the calculation (approx a 70 base dmg difference), then why is Fomalhaut considered the 2nd best Leaden Salute gun at 1000 TP? You would think without a base dmg consideration that an additional 500 TP from the lvl 90 gun would do better.

Am I HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? I need an adult

EDIT: Ok I get that wpn dmg is not in the formula...so then I am assuming the only difference between Fomalhaut and Anarchy +2 (lvl 90) is only the +magic dmg on the weapon and that somehow pulls it ahead of the additional 500 bonus TP
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-03-10 04:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Marks skill matters for magic WSacc. Ataktos/Anarchy will get resisted on stuff beyond fodder. But on really weak stuff Ataktos is a monster leaden gun. I use it on omen trash.
By Slurm818 2017-03-10 04:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhh thank you very much for clarifying that for me. Much better understanding now, I appreciate it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-10 17:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at starter cape augments for my alt's COR:

DEX/acc/STP (dye: acc)
STR/acc/WSD (dye: STR)
AGI/racc/Snap (no dye, AGI/racc not strictly required)
AGI/racc/STP (dye: racc)
AGI/racc/WSD (dye: AGI)
AGI/macc/WSD (dye: AGI)

Have I missed any important non-utility augments here? No particular order on the augments listed.

Also, am I correct in thinking that there's no way to utilize both JSE capes' Phantom Roll effects together on a single roll?

Late edit for any future readers: after further consideration, I opted for INT/meva on my Snapshot cape (meva dye). Resist sets gain basically nothing from the third stat pool, so it's an ideal option for consolidating augments.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-03-10 17:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Have I missed any important non-utility augments here? No particular order on the augments listed.
Looks good to me first 6 capes I did.

Also, am I correct in thinking that there's no way to utilize both JSE capes' Phantom Roll effects together on a single roll?
Sadly, no.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-10 18:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest putting MND and acc on the Snapshot cape so you can use it for Requiescat (something too niche for a specific cape but better than nothing on two slots that would be wasted otherwise).
By Afania 2017-03-10 21:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you absolutely dont want too many back pieces, I would recommend full dmg req back with MND and DA. Req is actually pretty useful as a physical gravition ws for SC purposes on things that resists magic badly, and it doesn't require swapping to dagger which loses ability to use savage blade.

According to my spreadsheet, in multi step situations utilizing fragmentation and gravition, evis + exen combo still has less total ws dmg than savage + req combo, despite req avg lower than both evis and exen on my spreadsheet.

Then again, it depends on the content and your main job as SC partner.

Other back that (is a bit more niche) I can think of is AGI racc crit rate back for wildfire spam since tp overflow doesn't increase ws dmg so crit could outperform stp here. It's more useful for Arma 3 owners for AM3 dps build, but none Arma owners can probably get some use for wildfire spam. Without Arma 3 I would put this one on lower priority through.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-10 21:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My alt is GEO/COR only, I'm not hurting for inventory space just yet. The main limiting factors are the 1 cape/month limit and my motivation to bother with Ambuscade on any given month, and she's only two capes in on COR right now. Might condense Req into a MND/acc/curepot cape or something along those lines depending on how much I care 5-6 months from now.
[+]
By Afania 2017-03-11 12:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My alt is GEO/COR only, I'm not hurting for inventory space just yet. The main limiting factors are the 1 cape/month limit and my motivation to bother with Ambuscade on any given month, and she's only two capes in on COR right now. Might condense Req into a MND/acc/curepot cape or something along those lines depending on how much I care 5-6 months from now.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably rate dex/acc/DW+10 cape higher priority than req cape and one of the more useful cape as well. And here is why:

1) If you /DNC for steps/ja a lot, DW+10 back is incredibly useful for samba down tp set.

2) It's also useful for slow, dispel, death and lose buff etc.

3) Depending on your setup, sometimes magic haste just isn't capped. For example, setup that relies on MG or entrust haste for magic haste.

I think DW+10 cape is kinda gear that it doesn't feel useful on paper, but once you have it you'd start to rely on it a lot more than expected.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bigpyromark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bigpyromark 2017-03-12 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the af+3 head increase elemental damage like the empy feet do ? its been a little while haas anyone check this out yet?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-03-12 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Bigpyromark said: »
Does anyone know if the af+3 head increase elemental damage like the empy feet do ? its been a little while haas anyone check this out yet?
I had asked this and got a PM by Afania that they do not.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-12 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah AF1 head and feet only increases the Damage calculation by +10 or +20.
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 156 157 158