Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 224 225 226
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-26 18:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Who else got The Old Hunter? I just finished it. It was a great (albeit short-lived) experience!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-26 18:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait it was released?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-26 18:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, time to pull my Ludwig's Blade out of retirement.

EDIT: Ugh, forgot I left my game in a state of NG+, gotta fight all the way to Vicar Amelia, yaaaaaaaay.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-11-27 01:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Who else got The old Hunter? I just finished it. It was a great (albeit short-lived) experience!

I just beat it myself. I found it surprising long. Granted not as long as the main game.. but pretty good for the $20. Also the new weapons are really fun xD Still gotta beat chalice dungeons though... may never finish those.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-28 18:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I've been sent to hell, that blood river part, full of those blood sucking things with the added ability of being able to spit blood, followed by a cave with a hunter who uses a freaking minigun and then a blood starved beast reskin.

Lovely.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-01 13:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

AmaiPetisu
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-12-01 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope they make another Bloodborne.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-01 16:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
They won't. Dark Souls 3 is the lasts game of this style. They'll move on to creating totally new games.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-12-01 17:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
They won't. Dark Souls 3 is the lasts game of this style. They'll move on to creating totally new games.

Well... From Software doesn't own Bloodborne or Demon's Souls... So even if they do decide to make no more games in the serious. Sony can still make them.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-12-01 17:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably would be best not to force a game out of them, Miyazaki's work wouldn't be nearly as well done if he was forced to make something I'd think. Or they'd just stick a B-Team on the project like DS2.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-12-01 18:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
It probably would be best not to force a game out of them, Miyazaki's work wouldn't be nearly as well done if he was forced to make something I'd think. Or they'd just stick a B-Team on the project like DS2.

In all the quotes/interviews I saw he never said anything about no more bloodborne. He said he is thinking about DS3 being the finale for that series. Never says anything about Bloodborne.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-01 20:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In all the quotes/interviews I saw he never said anything about no more bloodborne. He said he is thinking about DS3 being the finale for that series. Never says anything about Bloodborne.

Seen this? Miyazaki interview.
Miyazaki-san said:
I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.
My comprehension of this makes it much more likely that he meant moving on from the "Soulsborne"-type games he created all together, not just Dark Souls.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-12-10 23:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

About 100 attempts later, this is the result of me fighting the FIRST boss of the DLC on NG+3. I got some attempts in before work, so I wasn't streaming, and I was pretty rusty on my dodges, but hey, who cares how slick your dodges are if you die in the end anyways?

Attempt... 100'ish on NG+3:
~3:30 fight

Also, a pretty funny moment happened while I was dying horribly. I land a hit to trigger phase 2 the instant he landed an instant kill attack on me (well, his attack power was greater than my HP).

I left the phase change cutscene in during this video if anyone is interested in seeing it. Pretty cool stuff.

Very good fight. Also... music is so great. Made it all worth the effort to win just listening to phase 2, even for a few seconds before I died.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-11 05:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, is the DLC intended as endgame content? I left the game in fresh NG+3 status and the first boss is flattening me pretty easily while my attacks barely make a dent.
By Ackeron 2015-12-11 07:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Out of curiosity, is the DLC intended as endgame content? I left the game in fresh NG+3 status and the first boss is flattening me pretty easily while my attacks barely make a dent.
Recommended lvl for NG is 65 NG+ is 115Confirmed.. So I'd guess NG++ would be near 190 and NG+++ 230 and I base this on just the leaps in level from there.

I don't doubt you will be able to do it though. We all know Souls games are more about skill then levels or gear since people can beat them at Lv1.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-11 07:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe (Boss Spoiler)
has been beaten by someone on NG(7) with a level 4 character.
Thats an insane watch.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-11 08:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Recommended lvl for NG is 65 NG+ is 115Confirmed.. So I'd guess NG++ would be near 190 and NG+++ 230 and I base this on just the leaps in level from there.

I don't doubt you will be able to do it though. We all know Souls games are more about skill then levels or gear since people can beat them at Lv1.
Either way I'll probably have to grind, his attack patterns seem less forgiving than the Abhorrent Beast which I wasn't expecting, haven't been able to push him into stage 2 yet.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-12-11 09:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tidis, I was there with you. I was on NG+3 at level 160 and I felt horribly underleveled, so that is mainly why it took me so many tries I guess.

Just keep trying. Focus on dodging, as it will be your greatest strength during that fight. It really will. The more experienced you are with dodging and willing to make those risky....cool looking dodges, the larger you'll see the windows of opportunity. That is very important, because that is when you can destroy the phase 1 boss. You can seriously dominate and push to phase 2 without getting hit and using zero blood vials in about 1 minute if you are completely aggressive and staggering both sides of him back to back. I've had some very impressive phase 1 clears, but with my lack of experience with phase 2, it really didn't matter. I had to get there enough to see enough to clear it, and that is the challenge of this fight. It might seem like the challenge is how aggressive phase 1 is, but it won't even compare to the different fighting styles the two phases have.

The hardest part of the fight, if you struggle with phase 1, is going to be phase 2 most likely, due to your lack of experience with phase 2 and the inability to practice phase 2 alone. It will be a struggle, but to some they felt phase 2 was easier than phase 1, but I wonder if those players played on a fresh NG, and phase 1 wasn't that bad for them.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-12-11 09:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my favorite streamers, Lobos Jr, does silly challenge runs. So he decided he wanted to get to NG+7, and beat every DLC boss with only his fists. No weapon, no gun, nothing else but his hands.

It took him 12 hours to beat the first boss, and he's currently on the final boss, but this is so amazing.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters' First Boss, NG+7, Fist Only Kill:

YouTube Video Placeholder

It's a 38 minute fight, but I loved every second of it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-12-11 09:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is unlikely you'll be a high enough level to clear the DLC until very late game, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting the DLC until you're reaching the end.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-12-11 13:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I've bought a PS4 & Bloodborne ... should I buy the old hunter right a way or it can wait until I finish the game?

before you finish the game. unless you want to play through the game a second time. As you need to be a little ways into the game to be able to play the dlc.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-11 14:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be a struggle, but to some they felt phase 2 was easier than phase 1, but I wonder if those players played on a fresh NG, and phase 1 wasn't that bad for them.
A lot of those player were in the 100-120 range on PvP builds with 3x 27.2% gems. They basically completely obliterated the fight due to over leveling and being obscenely geared.

Basically the same people who claimed that the Prepare to Die expansion was super easy.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-12 01:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my favorite streamers, Lobos Jr, does silly challenge runs. So he decided he wanted to get to NG+7, and beat every DLC boss with only his fists. No weapon, no gun, nothing else but his hands.

It took him 12 hours to beat the first boss, and he's currently on the final boss, but this is so amazing.

That guy has more patience than I ever would lol. Also, damn, NG+7. When he fights Laurence... that will be interesting lol, well, maybe. I assume he'll be forced to be more offensive, but then again, idk. He's so patient lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-13 00:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, fighting The Orphan of Kos now, and honestly... I don't know when I'm supposed to setup up the magical backstabs that make it sooooo easy or whatever.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-13 01:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate this fight. Most of his attacks stagger to the point of being unable to get up.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-13 16:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Genuine spoiler - Lady Maria fight
VIP
By Kalila 2015-12-13 21:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

That guy has more patience than I ever would lol. Also, damn, NG+7. When he fights Laurence... that will be interesting lol, well, maybe. I assume he'll be forced to be more offensive, but then again, idk. He's so patient lol
Yea, he's my herooooo :p

But really, I love his determination. He'd rather spend 20 hours dying over and over doing something HIS way rather than the 'right' way. If he thinks it can be done, he wants to try. I just love that. He never quits unless he knows, without a doubt, that it is impossible, with undeniable proof, and then he only celebrates in knowing that it is impossible yet he still tried his best.

For example, he tried doing a Karmic Justice only run in Dark Souls, but he discovered that that run is impossible because of Pinwheel. Pinwheel just can not attack you enough times to trigger Karmic Justice to go off, making the run impossible to do.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-15 17:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just confirmed that Lobos defeated the optional DLC boss, NG+7, fists only. The kill is on his Twitch archive, took almost 50 min...
Spent at least 10 hours in planning and training!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 224 225 226