Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 224 225 226
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-29 03:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering why my Cannon was costing me 12 QSB per shot instead of 10. They changed it in patch 1.03.

I thought it was because I leveled it up lol.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-01 00:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me like, 3 hours to beat the Old Watcher boss.. My worst experience by far.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-01 01:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had many 3-4+ hour experiences in chalice dungeon :) but man, it feels good learning mechanics of a challenging enemy that seems so impossible at first.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-01 03:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Darkbeast Pearl at the 2nd attempt :D

Think I was probably intimidated by it's large size and fast attacks but in the end it wasn't too bad, got loads of opportunities to smash it's skull with the big sledgehammer.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-01 10:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I've had many 3-4+ hour experiences in chalice dungeon :) but man, it feels good learning mechanics of a challenging enemy that seems so impossible at first.

Did you finish all layers of the Defiled Pthermau(sp?) dungeon, Kali?

I only need to kill one boss to get my platinum!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-01 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what's with the weird box monstrosities in the unseen village? They end me pretty quick if they get hits in.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-01 16:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Them and the bloodsuckers are the worst enemies in the game. They hit hard and can one-shot you if your HP isn't high enough and it was a counter hit. High poise I think as well.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-07 04:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with the Amygdala boss? Looking at him I was sure he'd kick my arse but I beat him fairly comfortably. Then I allowed myself to get summoned to help someone and got killed at about 1/5 of it's health remaining, I didn't realise you have your health reduced when helping others.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-11 05:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So Micolash has to be my most frustrating boss, not for difficulty but for pure annoyance, after all the running, I eventually get to the final stage and he pulls out his big FU attack that one hit me, in the end when I took him down I realised he MASSIVELY telegraphs that multiple orb magic attack, when he runs towards you he's going to do that attack, I found if I attacked him right away it interrupted the attack and made the fight a breeze.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-05-13 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So Micolash has to be my most frustrating boss, not for difficulty but for pure annoyance, after all the running, I eventually get to the final stage and he pulls out his big FU attack that one hit me, in the end when I took him down I realised he MASSIVELY telegraphs that multiple orb magic attack, when he runs towards you he's going to do that attack, I found if I attacked him right away it interrupted the attack and made the fight a breeze.

Ya, he was my easiest boss by far. Chasing him was the most annoying part.

It did take my two tries though, not because I let myself get killed.. but because my dumbass roommate decided it would be funny to cast something to my TV while I was fighting. Micolash was down to maybe 1/20th his HP on the first attempt and then some stupid youtube video popped up.

Needless to say.. I got killed.

He was super easy though.

I will say though, other than him, the last bosses in the main game (not chalice dungeons) were pretty challenging.

Ebrietas
Mergo's Wet Nurse
Gherman
Moon Presence

They were my favorite bosses from the main set. Micolash felt very out of place.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-05-13 20:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought mergos wet nurse was a pretty easy fight, especially for being the final boss if you choose to not fight gherman. I totally agree with the other 3 though. Amygdala, especially in the defiled chalice, has been the biggest thorn in my side in the game.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-20 20:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Shuhei Yoshida
‏@yosp

So I have been asked by many people if we are making DLC for Bloodborne. I can say... An expansion is coming. More info later this year. :D
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-21 04:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat my first playthrough yesterday, did the Umbilical Cord ending which was...weird but there ya go, was fun to parry the *** out of Gehrman, I guess that might be the equivalent of people parrying the crap out of Gwyn which I sucked at.

So doing more Chalice Dungeons before I progress further, inadvertently summoned someone for the Cleric Beast fight, I initially summoned Gascoigne but he left when I climbed a ladder, then as I approached the boss, someone got summoned but it was fun so I might just summon for every boss, 99 insight anyway.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-24 00:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

VaatiVidya: Bloodborne's Story: Explained!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looking forward to his more in depth explanations and theories.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-24 22:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shuhei Yoshida
@yosp
So I have been asked by many people if we are making DLC for Bloodborne. I can say... An expansion is coming. More info later this year. :D
7:45 PM - 20 May 2015

2,984 RETWEETS 3,284 FAVORITES
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-24 22:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne’s Patch 1.04 Detailed; DLC Details Coming After E3

On Monday Sony Computer Entertainment and From Software will release Bloodborne‘s Patch 1.04, and the Japanese arm of the publisher held a livestream on Nico Nico with SCE Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida, Producer Masaaki Yamagiwa and PR Yasuhiro Kitao illustrating the changes coming with the patch.

Kitao-san explained the following updates, promising that detailed patch notes will be released on the game’s news page on Monday:

• Password matching can now be done regardless of level.

• Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.

• Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.

• Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.

• A bug of the Rifle Spear has been fixed.

• A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.

• Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.

• Chalice dungeons will now include Blood Stone Shards at Depth 1, Twin Blood Stone Shards at Depth 2, Twin Blood Stone Shards and Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 3, Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 4 and Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks at Depth 5.

• Other bugs have been fixed.

Kitao-san also encouraged fans to look forward to detailed info about the previously teased DLC for the game, that will be shared after E3.

Maintenance for the patch will be conducted on Monday between 4 and 7 AM EDT.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-05-25 09:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice patch. Seen when i turned my ps4 on this morning a bloodborne update got added. Wonder if you can only get 1 blood rock per dungeon type still.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-02 12:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumor: Dark Souls 3 could be announced at E3

Quote:
Dark Souls 3 might be announced at E3 later this month.

This rumor is according to an unnamed source speaking to VG247, who states that the announcement may come the evening of June 15th during Sony's E3 press conference.

Nothing is confirmed yet, though the news would surely be welcomed by many.

Contain yourselves ~.~
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-02 12:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you bumped the topic I must say this...just added oedon writhe rune to my blood rapture, clawmark combo and I feel like a God! Gonna go kick the ***out of Iosefka to get the stronger Oedon Writhe rune.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-06-05 17:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Rumor: Dark Souls 3 could be announced at E3

Quote:
Dark Souls 3 might be announced at E3 later this month.

This rumor is according to an unnamed source speaking to VG247, who states that the announcement may come the evening of June 15th during Sony's E3 press conference.

Nothing is confirmed yet, though the news would surely be welcomed by many.

Contain yourselves ~.~
Concept Art is already being leaked. As are intended plans for the game.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-06-05 17:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
Oh nice patch. Seen when i turned my ps4 on this morning a bloodborne update got added. Wonder if you can only get 1 blood rock per dungeon type still.
From a chest, yes. But the last two bosses in a Depth 5 dungeon have a small chance of dropping blood rocks now.

Find a code for a 4 layer dungeon with easy bosses to speed run through and you're golden. Just remove and remake the dungeon as needed.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-05 18:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DARK SOULS III SCREENS SPOILERS STUFFS
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-05 18:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o my body is ready :O
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 18:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-06-05 18:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snaps. PC negotiable.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-11 18:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Taurus Demon is Mean
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-11 19:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That weapon changing mod was *** annoying to watch.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-12 03:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
That weapon changing mod was *** annoying to watch.
That's...kinda the point? :P...
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-12 05:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
DARK SOULS III
Color me excited. Hope they use the match making system from Bloodborne though. I might have people I know to play with!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-06-12 08:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mixed feelings about the supposed early 2016 date. Makes me doubt that Miyazaki is really the man in charge of DS3. I hope he is, and that he has the time to oversee the production of DS3 and the BB expansion, along with whichever other Soulsborn title they have in progress.

I'm playing DS2 for the first time these days, and I found it to be the least impressive. Miyazaki's thumbprints are missing.
It feels as if the designers got the wrong idea regarding why the Souls series fans liked it: "you guys like to die a lot? Ok, you'll die in this iteration like you've never did before!". So many traps and ambushes that don't make any sense, felt like bad game design to me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 224 225 226