First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 224 225 226
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-17 02:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
1500 hp o.o; I don't think I even have 1k

haha i like pvping and hate the 30% hp penalty so i added enough to level the field.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-17 23:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be playing some Titan Souls today :o

http://www.twitch.tv/kalilaviolette

annnnd!

First death count is after final boss, second with the gold border and new icon is after the secret final boss.

Secret boss took me almost 40 deaths to do D; it was horrible! D;

First playthrough done, 3 more game modes to go!

/dies
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-18 15:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne sequel rumored (strongly), and will also be a Playstation exclusive.

When they decide to make it however isn't clear.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-18 15:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be playing some Bloodborne today, currently nearing my end in NG+.

Odin.Jigoku
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Jigoku 2015-04-18 16:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought a PS4 together with Bloodborn last week. I started playing and died. waited 40 sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. waited another 40sec loading time and died. got anoyed, didnt touch anymore. I've read thats the regualar way of getting into the game and the next time I'll grab it i will totaly enjoy the game. I dont belive them yet.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-18 16:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be playing some Bloodborne today, currently nearing my end in NG+.

Wanted to join the chat on twitch, but it wouldn't let me sign in.

Oh well.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-20 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So err, I keep reading online that Vicar whatsherface is supposed to be easy, I try to stay behind her but when she catches me she does a lot of damage, whereas I physically hit her quite well.

Should I be considering grinding a few levels in endurance maybe or do I just suck? Or is it a bit of both?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-20 11:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne Guide came in today. Was looking through the weapons section and they have hit modifiers included. And also damage types.

Transformed Hunter's Axe and Ludwig's Holy Blade are almost exclusively blunt damage.

Miyazaki's interview was interesting as well.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-20 12:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So err, I keep reading online that Vicar whatsherface is supposed to be easy, I try to stay behind her but when she catches me she does a lot of damage, whereas I physically hit her quite well.

Should I be considering grinding a few levels in endurance maybe or do I just suck? Or is it a bit of both?

IIRC, if you keep whacking at her feet/ankles, you stagger her for a bit. Look up how ENB fought her on Youtube.

Personally it was a straight-forward battle of recognizing the boss's move set, dodging accordingly then attacking when I find an opening.

She can also heal btw, but I didn't bother with Numbing Mist, I just hit her hard in the head to deal a tremendous amount of damage + stagger her.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-20 12:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My guide has arrived <333333
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-20 12:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jigoku said: »
I bought a PS4 together with Bloodborn last week. I started playing and died. waited 40 sec loading time and died...got anoyed, didnt touch anymore. I've read thats the regualar way of getting into the game and the next time I'll grab it i will totaly enjoy the game. I dont belive them yet.
Waiting times aren't 40 seconds

Also, yes it's easy to die, but the game is trying to encourage you to learn how to play. Feel free to ask for any advice, a lot of people here can help you without spoiling anything.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-20 12:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Loading times can be that bad.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-20 12:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at the start of the game, and worst loading times I've come across are no more than 25 seconds.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-20 12:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Future Press
@FuturePress
@Burmy The digital guide isn't finished and therefore not available yet. Please store your code for now. We'll update via Twitter and FB.
2:00 AM - 20 Apr 2015

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-20 12:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't hold a stopwatch, but fairly certain it exceeded 30 sec every time an area that isn't the Hunter's Dream was loading. The fact that it only gets worse the further you progress through the game actually sounds discouraging to newcomers.

It's really the first thing that they need to patch. At least in Dark Souls, you had a random item description to look at while the screen was loading. I understand that it's different for Bloodborne since most of the lore/story is hidden in item description.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-20 13:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch coming before the end of the month. Specifically mentions load times. Hopefully matchmaking is fixed as well.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-20 13:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It sucks that I can't get my hands on a guide right now as I live in the Middle East. I wanted to have a deep look into weapon properties before deciding which build to go for.

I guess I'll try a Bloodtinge build for now. Shooting stuff is fun.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-20 13:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww man, almost got her killed then she did this grab attack that took me from about 80% health to dead.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-20 13:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

LOOK AT ALL OF THESE RUNES FINAL FORMS BEING IN THE DEPTH 5 ROOT DUNGEONS

D; lmao....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-20 14:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprised to see all the high skill scaling weapons are designed to be hit and run/counter weapons.

High damage modifiers on rolling/quickstep attacks.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-20 16:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, this was a weird moment.

Full video:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-20 17:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the Rifle Spear is really powerful with the correct set up.

Putting flat damage elemental gems adds that AR to every single pellet of the rifle shot. With high bloodtinge, you can put out upwards of 2,000 damage at point blank range.

Those gems are like, Depth 5 Chalice dungeons so you gotta work for that stuff.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-04-20 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

im still trying to decide on a weapon to main,

but atm im trying to grind a few levels out before taking on the blood starved beast or w/e its called.

been behind on the game lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-21 03:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
im still trying to decide on a weapon to main,

but atm im trying to grind a few levels out before taking on the blood starved beast or w/e its called.

been behind on the game lol
I found blood starved beast quite straight forward, he seems to telegraph all his attacks but maybe I was a higher level when I fought him, I dunno. As a comparison, I was having trouble with Vicar Amelia, got a couple levels in endurance and vitality and steam-rolled her first attempt after.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-21 04:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodstarved Beast is what taught me how to play Bloodborne, I'll just say that much.

Whether you found it easy or not depends on where you land on the learning curve for this game.

My NG+ experience was sweet, sweet revenge though. Oh how good that feels just utterly destroying the boss that gave you so much pain.

I can't wait for NG++ to rip it apart again.

BTW, I didn't beat it by learning how to parry it. I'm fully aware of how easy it is to parry, but I wanted to kill it with melee attacks.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-21 05:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodstarved Beast is what taught me how to play Bloodborne, I'll just say that much.

Whether you found it easy or not depends on where you land on the learning curve for this game.

My NG+ experience was sweet, sweet revenge though. Oh how good that feels just utterly destroying the boss that gave you so much pain.

BTW, I didn't beat it by learning how to parry it. I'm fully aware of how easy it is to parry, but I wanted to kill it with melee attacks.
The Cleric Beast threw me off a bit because, as I was getting into the swing of Bloodborne, I was finding humanoid enemies and encountered Father Gascoigne first, was careless and got killed by his human form.

So I hadn't encountered any giant enemies or any beasts apart from the werewolf at the start, so when I was crossing the bridge and suddenly there was the Cleric Beast, it was a sort of, "Oh God what is this thing?" moment.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-04-21 12:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

got it to a;most 2% first try and my power went out -,- ill try later i guess
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-21 13:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I forced my way through the Cleric Beast trial (used up all my vials and molotovs!), I so didn't want to die there.

Father Gascoigne didn't approve.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-21 13:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that's where I learned that, if fighting hunters, visceral attacks go a long way.

The Blood-starved Beast on the other hand taught me how every other boss encounter will be, and the key to winning them: patience.

Btw, those who watch ENB's videos or got their hands on the guide should know without doubt how Beasthood works by now. Pretty interesting to try for speed runs.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-21 13:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to benefit the most from quick weapons. Unless slower weapons get larger amount of build up.

On another note, there's something very satisfying about returning the Chikage to it's normal state as a bosses blood rains from the sky.
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 224 225 226