First Page 2 3 ... 311 312 313 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-26 00:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
@Traxus So if an item says resist <insert status effect here> then its a separate roll from M Eva? Kind of leads me to more question about that kind of gear and its ability to stack if that is the case.

The cap on resist! traits + gear seems to be +90.

These resist sets are going to get colorful pretty quick I guess

So here is a question. Does Death count as a Status for Heartly Earring?

It might, but keep in mind some death/terror effects seem to ignore resist trait checks. I think an easy way to test resist all on death would be pup on golden-tongued culberry (spams death on pets), optic fiber 1+2, resister 1+2, 2 water maneuver + 1 light should put automaton at +90 resist all.

Afania said: »
Somewhat irrelevant to blu but still relevant to this discussion, does that mean RUN AF1 legs are better option than AF3 legs for status resist build, despite AF3 legs has way more meva?

It would depend on what you are doing and gear options in other slots. Tenacity/resist all only seem to work on stuff that has corresponding trait/gears, so it isn't going to help you resist stat downs or other obscure effects. It is also always a flat % on a separate check(like parrying vs evasion), which is significantly less valuable if the competing meva could push you towards capped evade rate.

For example, let's say you are sitting on 80% chance to evade amnesia from meva/fire resist, and 30% chance to resist! from trait and resist+ gear; you would have a combined 86% total chance to avoid amnesia since they are checked separately. If you added 38 meva you would be sitting at 99%+ evade rate from meva alone, but if you added +6 resist all trait instead, it would only push you from 86% combined chance to 87.2%.

On the other hand if you can't get a decent evade rate from meva, but could stack a significant amount of resist x/resist all, than that would be the way to go.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-26 01:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a lot of testing is needed X.x

Does M Eva resist cap?
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-26 01:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so with sequence/coldada you need 69 stp total accounting for a normal ws set and 3 hits of cdc landing 174tp return (safe enough). With 90stp you shave off another hit and need 8 instead of 9 melee swings :D

Pretty dang easy since we got, 30 stp from t5 trait(-5 per lv), leaving 39/60 to be had.
sequence - 10
colada- 2+ stp aug
ginsen - 3
lissome - 4
cessance/telos - 3/5
petrov ring - 5
samnuha legs - 7

right there is 39, and to get the other 21 isnt to hard either if you really wanted it.

7dw belt - 4 stp
adhemar hands- 6 stp
ambuscade back - 10 stp
Herc vest - 8 stp
assuring you get 5 stp on colada

ideally you would just get a 5 stp colada, dw7 belt4, adehmar hands and ambuscade back and not waste the herc vest slott for stp. But to me this seems to be giving up way to much in my book anyhow for what takes you from 9 to 8 hits.

Never really looked into it before, but def worth considering stp values on blu instead of randomly tossing it on like I have done in the past haha!

oh and for those wondering, going to tan+1 is identical to the above, its literally 10 stp less (the value of sequence)
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 01:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does M Eva resist cap?

Don't feel like writing quote tags.

I don't see a reason to test that really. I mean you could on one of those campaign fort NMs that enfeebles a lot (Ahriman or who was it again...?) But resist rates get so high (in PvP at least) that who cares?

If one wanted to test the effectiveness of int and and vs magic evasion and had help. There's the PLD fomor wave 2 in Vagary, be that's some work.

-Poopy Spicy
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-26 08:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »

Does M Eva resist cap?

I don't see a reason to test that really. I mean you could on one of those campaign fort NMs that enfeebles a lot (Ahriman or who was it again...?) But resist rates get so high (in PvP at least) that who cares?

If one wanted to test the effectiveness of int and and vs magic evasion and had help. There's the PLD fomor wave 2 in Vagary, be that's some work.

-Poopy Spicy

The reason would be to determine how you mix M Eva gear and Resist! gear.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-26 09:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

-Poopy Spicy

aren't you supposed to be permabanned you mold encrusted cheese *** alcoholic ***!

Blue mages suck and you should all feel bad for playing that horrid job!
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 10:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
aren't you supposed to be permabanned you mold encrusted cheese *** alcoholic ***!

Blue mages suck and you should all feel bad for playing that horrid job!

Spicy."encrusted.cheese.d*ck.alcocolic.a**hole said:
I don't know if a quoted name is censored or not. So to avoid that rabbit hole I will just censor it.

Anyway, not here Nik. This is a BLU forum. Do that with your other ***threads. You aren't funny, and I wish you were.

The reason would be to determine how you mix M Eva gear and Resist! gear.

Spicy."encrusted.cheese.d*ck.alcocolic.a**hole said:
Fair enough. Personally I would just use resist gear over magic evasion unless the difference was large between the pieces even without testing.

Those cuffs I put in that set with resist silence vs the Leyline Gloves is an example aside from the hearty earring.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-26 12:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
This gives 557 blue magic skill and will floor the recast on Occultation using just Fast Cast 0 + 2 and capped magic haste. It's also slightly overcapped on Fast Cast (you can get away with 2 less) due to truncation although I haven't actually tested it.

Spicy.Nutz said:
What equation are you using for this?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Spell_Recast
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108196-Random-Facts-Thread-Magic/page5

The last few posts suggest that Hashi. Bazu. +1 are added to the Fast Cast term.

Floored occultation = floor(76 * .2) = floor(15.2) = 15

For the above (with only Erratic Flutter)

recast = floor((76*(1 - .25 - .4375))*((100 - floor((15 + 25)/2) - 14)/100)) = floor(15.675) = 15

Using two less fast cast

recast = floor((76*(1 - .25 - .4375))*((100 - floor((15 + 23)/2) - 14)/100)) = floor(15.9125) = 15

It turns out the recast for Occultation is 90 seconds (bg-wiki listed 76). The minimum amount of required Fast Cast on paper remains unchanged. If you read the page on recast, you'll see that sometimes machine error plays a role in these equations. The testing I did over the weekend indicated that 90 seconds recast with capped haste is a case where this happens and you only need 21 fast cast instead. I'll double check tonight and update the set accordingly.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-26 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You aren't funny, and I wish you were.

Me too...that would be awesome!

Blue mages suck, your thread sucks, you're a smelly drunken *** and I hope you diaf!
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 13:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It turns out the recast for Occultation is 90 seconds (bg-wiki listed 76). The minimum amount of required Fast Cast on paper remains unchanged. If you read the page on recast, you'll see that sometimes machine error plays a role in these equations. The testing I did over the weekend indicated that 90 seconds recast with capped haste is a case where this happens and you only need 21 fast cast instead. I'll double check tonight and update the set accordingly.

Spicy.Janitor said:
I fixed that, thank you.

The spells are still on my todo list. I am getting to them bit by bit. I keep getting tied up with my semi-important distractions though.
 Cerberus.Logical
Server: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2016-09-26 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings fellow BLUs!

I have come to love this job but was wondering...

1. Is Tizona truly worth the investment? I understand that the MP recovery offers tremendous utility and AM3 is always excellent when it can be maintained, but do those factors outweigh the substantial base damage boost of a Tanmogayi +1 with ample multi hit gear?

2. And furthermore, if I went with Tizona, would I want to stick to the Tanmogayi until I AG it?

I understand that Almace trumps Tizona in specific circumstances, but I am currently not planning to do any more VW for a while, and respectfully request counsel solely on the Tizona vs. Tanmogayi comparison.

Thanks!!
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-26 15:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tizona is a very large boost over Tanmogayi. One of the best aspects of the weapon is how it functions with CDC. It allows you a lot more freedom to focus on crit rate and crit damage because of the high multi-attack offered by the weapon itself. While you regularly gear for crit damage regardless of weapon, Tizona allows for a significantly higher WS average because you are barely sacrificing multi-attack. Yes, you do sacrifice base damage, but the significantly lower delay on Tizona more than makes up for it.

119 Tizona, if I remember correctly, is very slightly ahead of a Tanmogayi +1 mainhand. However, it offers drastically less accuracy, so I do not particularly recommend it. Tizona needs the AG to truly shina, as is the unfortunate truth behind pretty much all RMEAs at the moment.

If you do ever change your mind, Almace is an absolute juggernaut. You will find no better off-hand no matter how hard you try. There are also select instances where AM3 Almace beats AM3 Tizona, namely when you are not consistently closing SCs.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-26 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What gearing options are you talking about? I feel like you should be gearing for crit damage regardless of what weapon you're using.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 16:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Comrade.Spicy said:
I concur with comrade commissar. Doesnt Tizona just favor STP gear more? What's this critical talk?!

As far as Logical is concerned, my two cents to this question (comes up a lot) is to make an Almace first.

Yes Tizona is worth it, but after you make an Almace (I believe this is the better first weapon, Tizona isn't that far ahead and doesn't always win) you may not want to make a Tizona due to burn out.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-26 16:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did say in my post that you should be gearing for crit damage regardless of weapon. I meant that the high amount of multi-attack offered by the weapon allows for higher CDC damage. Re-reading the post I can see that I worded what I meant poorly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-26 16:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

AM3 Almace will outperform AM3 Tizona if you're not consistently closing the SCs or if whatever you're fighting takes reduced SC damage. I generally only use Tizona these days for solo DD fights or times where I need the MP restoral. It's still an excellent weapon, but the OTD on Almace is ridiculous.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-26 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Last few places I find myself using Tizona are 3-boxing Vagary, VD Leviathan and, if I go BLU, melee Teles.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calout
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calout
By Carbuncle.Calout 2016-09-26 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Last few places I find myself using Tizona are 3-boxing Vagary, VD Leviathan and, if I go BLU, melee Teles.
Mind sharing your setup and Strat for tri-boxing Vagery.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 16:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
AM3 Almace will outperform AM3 Tizona if you're not consistently closing the SCs or if whatever you're fighting takes reduced SC damage. I generally only use Tizona these days for solo DD fights or times where I need the MP restoral. It's still an excellent weapon, but the OTD on Almace is ridiculous.

Spicyzona.Ocassionally.Posts.2-3xs said:
Does this mean getting AM3 over and over with Almace beats Tizona? I mean Tizona isn't a Sequence so I don't see what skill chaining has anything to do with it unless you mean with Expo.
You can SC with either weapon. I assume this is due to Tizona getting higher spike WS damage?

Btw Llewellyn, ty for posting the melee of Teles and things you guys do. I am at the point of easily melee killing WoC and Kirin with my rag tag group. It will help when we move on to Reopen HELM.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-26 17:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, maintaining AM3 on Almace will lead to superior damage when not discussing solo SCs.

Yes, you can SC with either, but Tizona has a pretty sizable lead in WS frequency over Almace, whereas Almace has a far superior TP phase. That's what I mean by Tizona having superior results. And yes, the higher WS spike damage will also factor into this, as well.

Tizona gets a lot of its power through the damage and frequency of CDC usage, where Almace has the undeniably best TP phase damage while also having high, but not as high, CDC numbers.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-26 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calout said: »
Mind sharing your setup and Strat for tri-boxing Vagery.
Don't wanna make too long a post so I'll summarize.

All zones I use BLU GEO WHM. Amchuchu/Qultada/King of Hearts for trusts.

Amorph zone: Should hopefully be self-explanatory. AoE spell cleave waves as they pop. I set Spectral Floe, Anvil Lightning and Tenebral Crush as my 3 magic spells for this zone. Vex/Malaise on Acuex NM. Req > CDC and burst Blizzard 5/4 on GEO and BA Spectral Floe. Should die in 2 volleys of bursts from the GEO. Bring Slime boss to a corner and have all against the wall to avoid knockback from Cytokinesis. Frailty/Wilt for bubbles on this one. Keep boss Sudden Lunged as often as you can and freely spam CDC. Spectral Floe when too many adds are out will 1-shot them all. Alternatively you can just auto-attack it to death for a more safer, but longer kill. Vex/Frailty for boss. Kill it 'til it dies. Carcharian Verve is very important for this zone. Takes maybe 25 minutes on average.

Fomor zone: First wave, Malaise/Refresh bubbles are my preferred. Aoe spell cleave 'til they all die. I use Anvil Lightning, Silent Storm and Searing Tempest. Second wave, AoE spell cleave the Corse and work on the Dullahan. Vex/Frailty/Entrust Malaise for Dullahan. Self SC with CDC and burst Fire when able. 3rd wave with NM Fomors, Wilt/Frailty. Sudden Lunge and tag mobs with your GEO on each mob to start. In order: PLD > BLM > MNK, GEO > SAM or RNG > SAM or RNG, BST > WAR > RUN, NIN > DRK (watch for Dread Spikes) > DRG. Boss, AoE Cleave the lesser NMs. Should die in 1 BA Anvil Lightning. Vex/Frailty for boss. Takes about 12 minutes.

Ele Zone: Run and kill stuff. I take out the Thunder, Light and Dark elementals so Light SCs don't heal him and he doesn't cast Death. Haven't timed this since I do it the least. Should be about 15 minutes, though.

Perfidien: Fast Blade > True Strike (WHM) > Fast Blade > True Strike (GEO) for the 4-step, or do both the 4 and 6-step at the same time using the below SC. Other 2 pop requirements should be easy to figure out. Vex/Frailty and kill it 'til it dies.

Plouton: Fast Blade > Burning Blade > Fast Blade > True Strike (WHM) > Fast Blade > True Strike (GEO) for the 6-step. Again, other pop requirements you'll just have to find what works best for you. Vex/Frailty again, but Plouton has a mechanic where he'll take extremely reduced damage to 2 of 3 damage types at some points. Bring normal swords for Slashing, Clubs for Blunt and Vampirisms for Piercing and switch as needed. Kill it 'til it dies.

If you have any further questions, PM me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-26 17:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Yes, maintaining AM3 on Almace will lead to superior damage when not discussing solo SCs.

Yes, you can SC with either, but Tizona has a pretty sizable lead in WS frequency over Almace, whereas Almace has a far superior TP phase. That's what I mean by Tizona having superior results. And yes, the higher WS spike damage will also factor into this, as well.

Tizona gets a lot of its power through the damage and frequency of CDC usage, where Almace has the undeniably best TP phase damage while also having high, but not as high, CDC numbers.

How did you validate this? 11 base damage + 50 DEX will surely add to CDC, unless you're considering offhanding Almace. If that's the case you would need to consider weaponskill damage with Almace/something else.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-26 17:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I'm doing a really poor job explaining myself, I'm sorry.

When I'm comparing the weapons, I'm assuming optimal offhands for both. So, Tizona/Almace and Almace/Sequence. I really should have clarified, I apologize. Long day and I'm being exceptionally scatter-brained.

If we're solely considering only one RMEA for BLU, Almace wins, hands down. Tizona really needs that Almace offhand.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2016-09-26 20:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of gear set up should I have for Blank Gaze? Currently trying with a MACC set and I'm getting resisted on Belphegor.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-26 20:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps a stupid question, but is he facing you?
[+]
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2016-09-26 20:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm standing inside/behind my tank trust.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-26 23:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

mine was landing fine with this ghetto *** setup

ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
head="Jhakri coronal +1",neck="Eddy necklace",ear1="Psystorm earring",ear2="Lifestorm earring",
body="Jhakri robe +1",hands="Jhakri cuffs +1",ring1="Perception ring",ring2="Sangoma ring",
back="Cornflower cape",waist="Ovate rope",legs="Jhakri slops +1",feet="Jhakri pigaches +1"
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-27 00:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
mine was landing fine with this ghetto *** setup

Spicy.Loves.Ghetto.Booty said:
That is not really ghetto in the fact it has a lot of Macc on the pieces. In fact any new player would be fine and well off with that setup before improving on accessories.
First Page 2 3 ... 311 312 313 ... 445 446 447