[TV] The Legend Of Korra - Book 2: Spirits

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » [TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
[TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2012-06-30 01:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually wondering if Air Bending would ever get an "advanced form" as well. I have no idea what it would be though.

As far as the correlation between fire and lightning goes: Fire bending is supposed to be sort of a thing that comes from within; fire comes from our own souls, and is sort of like a life-energy. Lightning can be thought of in the same way (and unlike fire, this is actually pretty close to how things work in the real world). They talked about this in the episode where Zuko has to go re-learn fire bending by observing the dragons.
 Lakshmi.Laurenn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Laurenn
By Lakshmi.Laurenn 2012-06-30 01:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I also wanted to see Air bending get an advanced form, however, I can understand why it doesn't have one.

In the past 100 years there have been, what? 5 air benders total?

Metal was only recently created my Toph and blood by the woman Katara met. Fire had been perfected over time to arc lightning, and I feel like the fire nation was always more prone to a more fighting style than a supporting style.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-06-30 01:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought it was because air benders were more peaceful so they tried to avoid violence. so no advanced techniques like lung bending :P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xLucifelx
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel 2012-06-30 02:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you guys are forgetting about something.

Like it or not, this is an advanced art!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-30 02:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel said: »
I'm pretty sure you guys are forgetting about something.

Like it or not, this is an advanced art!!!
By Tiipapa08 2012-07-02 18:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I've been thinking I wonder if the Avatar could learn more advanced forms of bending such as metal bending and lightning?
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-07-02 18:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lung bending? ha..air benders can suck all the O2 and various other gasses out of your body and you suffocate...or implode...or just maybe Meelos fartbending is the advanced form?

and didn't Aang Lightning bend? or redirect lightning at some point? either way Im sure they could but there hasn't been many avatars of late to practice the new forms of bending.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-02 18:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Sand bending was air bendings sub element? The ability to use wind to control the sand :x
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-07-02 18:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I thought Sand bending was air bendings sub element? The ability to use wind to control the sand :x

thats ghetto earth bending
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-02 18:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

thats ghetto earth bending

Ahh forgive me then~
Then I'm at a loss D:
By Tiipapa08 2012-07-02 19:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I think anybody skilled enough no matter what their native element should be able to redirect lightning but it seems like creating lightning itself is something that was limited to highly skilled firebenders although it seems a lot more common in the new series.

Then again considering the avatar is the master of all elements she/he probably doesn't have a need to learn metal bending.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-07 18:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lung bending? ha..air benders can suck all the O2 and various other gasses out of your body and you suffocate...or implode...or just maybe Meelos fartbending is the advanced form?

and didn't Aang Lightning bend? or redirect lightning at some point? either way Im sure they could but there hasn't been many avatars of late to practice the new forms of bending.
Not everyone who can bend are able to use specialized bending techniques, so it stands to reason that the two avatar's we have witnessed are the same except they were lucky enough to be born as the Avatar. Take that away and they are a normal air bender or water bender. They are able to use specialied bending techniques though, but the ones people are looking for (Metalbending, Lightning Generation, etc) have not been demonstrated by Aang or Korra. Aang was able to redirect lightning as well as seismic sense, and Korra is able to use healing.

Waterbending
  • Bloodbending

• Plantbending

• Healing

Earthbending
  • Metalbending

• Seismic sense

• Sandbending

Firebending
  • Lightning generation

• Lightning redirection

• Combustion

Other techniques
  • Cloudbending

• Lavabending

• Mudbending

A skilled air or water bender is capable of manipulating steam and clouds; both Aang and Korra demonstrated this. I wouldn't really call it a type of bending though as they're just manipulating the water or the air around them. You probably won't see any Avatar attempt to use bloodbending, and they really have no need to plantbend either. Same can be said with sandbending as well.

Other forms though they have yet to demonstrate, and this is why I feel that the Avatar is basically a type of RDM basically. They are able to master all four disciplines yet they aren't able to use the most advanced forms of any art.

Energybending came before any Avatar was born or the four nations began, but Aang learned it when the Lion Turtle gave him the knowledge. As for Korra...
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-07 18:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I read somewhere that they received the go ahead for production of season 2 and were approved for season 3 as well. I can't 100% confirm or pull up the source at this moment though.

The quality and voice acting are very top notch and I really look forward to seeing more of this series. It's odd that it's technically a kid show on nickelodeon though.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-07 18:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
I think I read somewhere that they received the go ahead for production of season 2 and were approved for season 3 as well. I can't 100% confirm or pull up the source at this moment though.
Yes, there are 3 books.
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-07 18:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd so much.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-07-16 11:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished rewatching the entirety of Book One. Really awesome artwork and i cant wait for book two.

And as far as I've been thinking with the "advanced" bending maybe Energy Bending is the Air equivalent to an advanced style. I mean, as far as canon goes Air is the element of the spirit. Iunno, Just my interpretation of it all.

:<

also: i have my very own interpretation on how Lightning Bending is possible.

as far as lightning redirection
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-07-16 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching the comiccon panel on korranation

also they announced several days ago about how its official that there will be 4 complete books for LoK
By Enuyasha 2012-07-16 11:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

also they announced several days ago about how its official that there will be 4 complete books for LoK
ooooohhh...four )*'0'*(

so they arent going to stop at the avatars element in this series.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-07-16 12:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

ooooohhh...four )*'0'*(

well the first season counts as book 1..so there will be 3 more seasons
By Enuyasha 2012-07-16 12:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

ooooohhh...four )*'0'*(

well the first season counts as book 1..so there will be 3 more seasons
Well yea, but if this ends the way the first one did they won't have a book that is the avatars natural element. They didn't have an Air book in TLA if i remember correctly.

Anyway, if it turns out to be that way or not....i cant wait for this just like i cant wait for any of my other shows starting again Q_Q
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-07-16 12:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres more info, theres also a bunch of character concept pictures floating around and some animatics but I'm too lazy to upload everything to a sharing website so I'll just linkylink

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Comic_Con_Legend_of_Korra_Book_2_Spirit_Details_New_Characters/33795088

Book 2 is entitled Spirits..so we probably wont have book elements it seems.

heres a video with some dude talking over the top that I stole from tumblr that shows a bunch of the character art.

Heres the animatics

Im trying to be enthusiastic but its still not hitting me like ATLA did T_T
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [292 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-05-04 21:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so it's been almost a year since the last episode; any idea if/when they're coming out with another book/"season"?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-07-19 16:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming this September.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-20 12:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

leo beat me xP

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-11-13 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't realize it was out, caught up with the show just this week. Must say I am very pleased with it. Loved the story with Wan.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [234 days between previous and next post]
By Enuyasha 2014-07-06 02:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Didn't realize it was out, caught up with the show just this week. Must say I am very pleased with it. Loved the story with Wan.
I just got around to watching the new season. Up to episode 9 and i have a problem.

and now that ive finished the series
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8