[TV] The Legend Of Korra - Book 2: Spirits

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » [TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
[TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-06-25 19:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2012-06-25 20:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they venture outside the city. I feel like the show is a steampunk overload. >.<

It's a beautiful sequel but alas, the main characters just aren't there. I found myself either laughing at Tenzin (:p), or hoping for glimpses of the old cast.

Finally, I hope Korra chills and becomes a much more spiritual avatar. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-26 20:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Benders should learn chi blocking. Air bending chi blockers would take over the world, nobody whould be able to stop them!!
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-06-26 20:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
Benders should learn chi blocking. Air bending chi blockers would take over the world, nobody whould be able to stop them!!
inb4 hundred year war that starts because the air nation attacked lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-26 21:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
inb4 hundred year war that starts because the air nation attacked lol.
And they wipe out all the fire benders lawl!
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-06-26 21:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oh sweet revenge and irony that would be LOL.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-06-26 21:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the show without having having watched all of the original show. It's probably my second favorite steampunk story, way behind FFVI.

But I hated the ending:

Everything else was pretty satisfying, but that one bit ruined it a bit for me.
By Zenaku14 2012-06-26 21:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel said: »
Asura.Julto said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel said: »
I can't wait for the second season....truthfully up until the last few episodes this series had been a huge let down and I'm a huge fan of this series....but holy crap did they pull through in the end. I just hope they get the rights for more seasons after the second....I was excited for Bhumi (SP) and I still want to see the third son of Aang...

I think I remember that Katara mentioned her children as Tenzin, Bhumi, and Kaiya (the name of her mother)

So a sister to Tenzin and Bhumi.

Also, I'm going to look for confirmation but I think I remember reading somewhere that they did pick up this series for two more seasons. Kinda like they had 3 seasons for the original.

You're right, even better! A sister! I wonder what type of Bender Bhumi is...

I know that season 2 is 100% bought and paid for and is now in production for April 2013 (Most likely). I'm really hoping for season 3.

Ya the sister is a water bender which mean bhumi is the only none bender in the family.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-06-26 21:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Brike gave it the cookie cutter ending because it was supposed to be a 12 ep mini series.

I think everybody knew it was going to be too big of a hit to just stay a miniseries but it was a complete story. So thats cool..but I agree it probably would have been more entertaining if it went all "korra! you must adventure to regain what you lost!"
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-26 21:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I liked the show without having having watched all of the original show. It's probably my second favorite steampunk story, way behind FFVI.

But I hated the ending:

The Avatar is also an Energybender :D. It was explained in the last airbender. idk how far you are into it so i wont spoil it :<
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-06-26 21:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

But I hated the ending:

The Avatar is also an Energybender :D. It was explained in the last airbender. idk how far you are into it so i wont spoil it :<

You win this round... -squintyface- :P

Makes sense now though, after looking it up, I didn't know :o
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-26 21:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But I hated the ending:

You win this round... -squintyface- :P

Makes sense now though, after looking it up, I didn't know :o
I demand avatar drawings
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-26 23:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading the comments on the LoK wiki enrages me. How can you say if you are spiritual enough, your baby would have bending abilities. How can you not see that just because your parents are benders you cant be normal. How can you think that because oxygen is in the human body, airbenders should be able to control people... wtf! If you read the comments, im the Anon making some goddamn sense...
By Zenaku14 2012-06-26 23:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading the comments on the LoK wiki enrages me. How can you say if you are spiritual enough, your baby would have bending abilities. How can you not see that just because your parents are benders you cant be normal. How can you think that because oxygen is in the human body, airbenders should be able to control people... wtf! If you read the comments, im the Anon making some goddamn sense...

Well when it come to airbender they all born in the world as bender because there so spiritual and peaceful people all there kids are born airbender but population wise they was way smaller then waterbender town. So ya when it came to air nomads there all born as benders but i think this only work with air because air is a spiritual element this is why korra had hard time learning air and being spiritual.

about the airbender controller people lol it does not make sense but i think a airbender could take all your air from your lungs and kill you but this is a kid show so no one really die for say.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-27 00:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Korra had a hard time learning airbending because she lacked in the spiritual depertment is true, but your spiritually effecting

your child? I did read the wiki on them and it does say all of the air nomads were born airbender because of the spiritualty but it

doesnt have any citation to that. It is true that they are very spiritual and all the nomads were airbenders (what we have been lead to believe) but being an airbender

within the air nomads can be like having dark brown eyes today. It is very common. It's like back in caveman times we believed that

blood sacrifies were nessecary to please the spirits and have a good year. Also, being a nomad is purely by choice so if you were

born a nonbender, you would move to the mainland or not breed within the tribe so the nonbenders within the temples died out.

Guru Pathik(the extremely spiritual man who taught aang about the avatar state) was probably born in the air nomads but left due to

him not being a bender. If the spirits were granting the air nomads airbending powers than it would be impossible to wipe out the race

because the spirits would give airbending powers to another child
within another nation for the sake of the Avatar and the sake for

the race. Hundreds of years of prayers from the air nomads, the spirits wont just let them die out. The fire nation targeted the

air nomads because airbending ran in their blood. If there was an airbender couple out in the mainland, they wouldnt be considered

nomads but are still able to have airbender kids and at that time the avatar. Now if i watch the show again or see the citation that

being spiritual effects your child then i'll accept it, but you can tell from the walloftext that i hate that idea a spirit would

grant bending if you ask enough.

Srry for the weird spacing, i tried to make it easier on the eyes :/
 Ragnarok.Sularth
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sularth
By Ragnarok.Sularth 2012-06-27 01:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Her bending was effected by her non-Spiritual affiliation due to it not being a element that you can force..so to speak...Like Fire Water and Earth are all physical....Were "Air" you have to feel it you have to be calm patient and relaxed to let the Power "Flow" through you and Move with it...like Tenzen(idk how you'd spell his name face it is 1:32am and I'm tired...OK on with it)said you gotta be one with the wind...BUT Korra is High stung and impatient or id say this is just my opinion BTW... =D if this make sense! ;D

Edited: Srry if this was relevant to the Question lol...
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-06-27 02:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryanryu
user: Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2012-06-27 03:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally I thought Amon was a person who came into contact with Koh the Face Stealer and exchanged his face for the power to take away other peoples bending.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-06-27 03:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished the 12 episodes.... Was a good watch but definitely rushed... Too much for too little time. oh well. hope next act is a little more balanced
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-06-27 19:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryanryu said: »
Originally I thought Amon was a person who came into contact with Koh the Face Stealer and exchanged his face for the power to take away other peoples bending.
that would have made for a much more interesting story
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-29 21:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can spmepne explain to me why firebenders can use lightning? I always knew of lightning of its own element. What is the correlation between fire and lightning?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-06-29 21:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure, I've always thought of it as a hybrid kind of bending :x

wind/earth = sand bending
water/wind = ice bending
fire/wind = lightning

etc..
but none of that makes sense with metal or blood bending lol

Usually heat in the atmosphere would cause thunderstorms that's the only general connection I can find.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2012-06-29 21:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I originally thought it was that white flames are the hottest. But it's lightning not fire.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-29 22:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they just gave lightning to firebenders just to make them more interesting. I don't think there is a correlation between fire and lightning.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-29 22:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't the lightnings cause flames if they hit inanimate objects? That's all the correlation I can think of.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-29 22:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
Don't the lightnings cause flames if they hit inanimate objects? That's all the correlation I can think of.
Yea thats the only correlation i can think of too but all in all lightning is its own element
 Bahamut.Dragonstr
Server: Bahamut
user: warwizard
By Bahamut.Dragonstr 2012-06-29 23:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Not sure, I've always thought of it as a hybrid kind of bending :x

wind/earth = sand bending
water/wind = ice bending
fire/wind = lightning

etc..
but none of that makes sense with metal or blood bending lol

Usually heat in the atmosphere would cause thunderstorms that's the only general connection I can find.

Don't they all get sub elements
Water benders get blood bending
Earth Benders get metal bending
Fire Benders get Lightning
and Air benders are.... more spiritual?

they all seem like loose correlations to me
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-06-29 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

waterbenders get healing too...I dont know if bloodbending is really a type of subbending..its still just bending water just from a different source.

airbenders probably have something cool and we just don't know it because they've almost died out!?...maybe their ability to talk to flying air bisons?
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-06-29 23:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought of it as if firebenders create a spark (somehow) and ignite the air (also modify the properties of the air to burn or some other explanation) to create fire. If creating a spark were the way firebenders create fire, then it would be plausible that very skilled benders can concentrate just on the spark and exaggerate that aspect while negating whatever aspect of firebending fuels the fire, or some such thing.

Blood bending is obvious since humans (well more or less all life on Earth) are composed largely of water. To me it seems stranger that blood bending isn't something any water bender could do since we're very nearly big walking sacks of water.

They briefly mention that metal benders are only capable of bending fairly impure metals. This suggests that certain elements are immune to the influences of bending (platinum specifically) outright or are just much stronger and therefore difficult to bend. They specifically mention that platinum can't be bent, while the much more common, but also denser lead seems to be bendable. There doesn't really seem to be much rational, but hey, it's not exactly science, right?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-06-30 00:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Air Benders dont need a sub bending element because of how legit and better they are than the other elements:P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8