[TV] The Legend Of Korra - Book 2: Spirits

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » [TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
[TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Spccdog
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2012-04-24 03:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

they stream it on nickelodeon's website, but i dont think hd
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-05-05 13:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ah my heart lol D:
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-05 13:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Best reaction ever. He's working his way into my favorite chars of all time list.
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-05-05 13:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Best reaction ever. He's working his way into my favorite chars of all time list.
why cant she just like him! D:<
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-05-06 07:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I've waited so long for this show to arrive :o!!! I LOVED Avatar: The Last Airbender (not the movie, oh god what did they do...)

i personally never watched the cartoon but love the movie i thought it was brilliant actually was shocked to see people critiquing it, the bit at the end when he protects everyone and accepts his role as avatar by building a wall of water was amasing literally had me welling up, and the charachters seemed very rich in depth even if they all didnt have much face time on screen perhaps.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-05-06 09:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
(Decided never to watch a live action of a cartoon again after I tortured myself with the Dragonball one.)
I thought Dragonball (movie) was wicked, but then again, I've only watched like three episodes
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-05-06 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I drew Naga.

I've so far been not as nerdy excited over this show as I was with ATLA. Then again I've been busy obsessing over other things. I do love watching the posts roll in on the internets when the show is on. Fans are my favorite part.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-06 12:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Piccollo said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I've waited so long for this show to arrive :o!!! I LOVED Avatar: The Last Airbender (not the movie, oh god what did they do...)

i personally never watched the cartoon but love the movie i thought it was brilliant actually was shocked to see people critiquing it, the bit at the end when he protects everyone and accepts his role as avatar by building a wall of water was amasing literally had me welling up, and the charachters seemed very rich in depth even if they all didnt have much face time on screen perhaps.
If you watch the series you'll lose all respect for the movie after you're done... or even after episode 3.
 Asura.Toxleh
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-05-06 13:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
I drew Naga.

I've so far been not as nerdy excited over this show as I was with ATLA. Then again I've been busy obsessing over other things. I do love watching the posts roll in on the internets when the show is on. Fans are my favorite part.

nice! personally i think the show is great, it has the same quirky charm. what makes it great imo, is that it's a continuation while being a whole different story.
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2012-05-06 13:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't really care for the most recent episode, it was just kinda cheesy and felt like filler. If they had done it closer to the end of the season I think I might've cared about the characters a little more, but right now it just felt really forced, like they're trying too hard to appeal to the "shipping" crowd.

I'll be disappointed if most of the series ends up being about melodrama, so hopefully they've gotten that out of the way for now.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-05-06 14:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said: »
I didn't really care for the most recent episode, it was just kinda cheesy and felt like filler. If they had done it closer to the end of the season I think I might've cared about the characters a little more, but right now it just felt really forced, like they're trying too hard to appeal to the "shipping" crowd.

I'll be disappointed if most of the series ends up being about melodrama, so hopefully they've gotten that out of the way for now.

I kinda concur. I jump onto various ships but what episode are we on..5? characters are still being introduced..you cant start shipping this early..thats just silly talk.
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2012-05-06 16:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Avatar, and am really excited to watch the sequel series.

As stated before, you don't have to be a weeaboo or interested in anime at all to like this show. In fact, I'm not so far from having judgmental opinions of people that love anime simply because it's anime like that other thick-skulled poster two pages ago, but I still like this show. Anime or not, good TV is good TV.

Avatar reminds me of Golden Sun: The Television Series, and as that was one of my favourite video games, this series is among my favourite television shows.

I hope consoles that utilize motion technology like Kinect don't limit themselves to simple, utter gimmick games and instead flesh out games like this. Like the idea in this recent Cracked article:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-6-greatest-video-games-well-never-get-to-play/

I hope the 'Magic the Gesturing' idea is used in a game like Golden Sun or Avatar, or others where spells are cast with your body in this way. Not simply gesturing with your hands as that article describes, but your whole body, essentially performing standing martial arts forms in order to attack your opponent. It would take true expertise from actual practice to perform the greatest abilities, especially while focusing on defending yourself like the idea in the article.

I find the choreography of the series is so well done. Fight scenes in martial arts inspired animation have come a long way since shows like Dragon Ball Z, where (possibly due to unavailable technology and limited budget & access) the battles had to be depicted with verbal drama in order to raise the suspense level to captivate the viewer. Now these shows can instead captivate their audience with well-choreographed movements and a true-to-life method of summoning elemental powers with martial chi.
 Phoenix.Vael
By Phoenix.Vael 2012-05-06 16:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Japanimation is just a word used to describe cartoons coming from Japan when they first were becoming popular in the West. There's nothing wrong with the word, it isn't really ignorant is it?

Its name is very self-explanatory. To someone in the '80s having the origins of a cartoon described to them by another person who was more knowledgeable on the subject, it is a fine word.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-05-06 16:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael said: »
Also Japanimation is just a word used to describe cartoons coming from Japan when they first were becoming popular in the West. There's nothing wrong with the word, it isn't really ignorant is it?

Its name is very self-explanatory. To someone in the '80s having the origins of a cartoon described to them by another person who was more knowledgeable on the subject, it is a fine word.

/scratches head.

to put it simply: no, it's a word used by ignorant people, always has been.

to most the phrase "I don't need no bag" is "fine" but it's still wrong.

and neither of these shows are anime.
 Phoenix.Vael
By Phoenix.Vael 2012-05-06 22:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously arguing semantics.

Nothing ignorant about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime#Synonyms

It's how Otacon would describe to someone like Snake his inspiration for designing Metal Gear. It's how people referred to it before the term 'anime' was popular or even coined, when anime itself was still barely popular anywhere but Japan.

It's ignorant to call someone who isn't up to date on their pop culture terminology ignorant.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-05-07 01:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

it's very ignorant, your own words describe it as such.

and no it's not ignorant to call people who are ignorant ignorant, it's by definition what they are, they don't know: that makes them ignorant of it, just because you don't like the way it sounds doesn't change what it means.

"japanimation" is a term only used by those who are ignorant, and it should be treated as such.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-05-07 01:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel like they rushed the whole love triangle thing but I like that its a little less darker than it was in Ep. 4.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-07 01:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'll wait a few months and torrent the season, I have an odd schedule and I can't stream at home so I've already missed all but part of one episode, and I don't want to randomly catch some here and there.

I'll give props to Nickelodeon though, they've managed to produce two things of quality for the first time pretty much ever in my book.

(always hated the channel growing up).
 Carbuncle.Haseo
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-05-07 02:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
ah my heart lol D:
I love Bolin. He like a Sokka v2.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-05-11 16:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

new episode tomrrow! cant wait!

[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-05-12 19:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

was a great episode today! then i saw these pictures on tumblr and lmao.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2012-05-12 19:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying this new Avatar. But I want to see her actually train more. Ang was pretty much a constant next step in becoming the full on Avatar. Korra has just been about Pro Bending.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-12 19:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol'd at the pics, especially the last one
 Phoenix.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-05-12 19:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SHAMALAYABINBAN NEEDS TO MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THIS ASAP!!!!! >:O
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-05-12 19:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzin is still the best character on the show.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-16 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzin is cool but Bolin is just awesome.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-05-16 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

More of these!
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-05-20 02:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Air. Earth. Fire. Cabbage. Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the cabbage men attacked. Only the avatar, master of all three elements and vegetable could stop them. But when the world needed him the most, he turned into a carrot.

I feel this would be more fitting in this thread.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-05-20 17:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This series is so amazing and good quality....
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-05-21 18:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8