[TV] The Legend Of Korra - Book 2: Spirits

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » [TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
[TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2012-03-26 01:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I read somewhere M.Night Shamalala wants to still make the other 2 movies too xD

I've only watched the first episode of this so far and loved it, can't wait to see more of it! :D
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-26 02:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Ragnarok.Zedge said: »
Very happy with the first two episodes, If it carries on like this...I might even forgive them for the Avatar Movie (Highly unlikely though haha)

I still haven't bothered to watch this. Is it that awful? Like, to the point of not worth pressing play because it messed up so bad? Or was it just a disappointment?

The new show is really good for the first two episodes. The creators spent a good while developing this so I expect great things.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-03-26 02:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Very happy with the first two episodes, If it carries on like this...I might even forgive them for the Avatar Movie (Highly unlikely though haha)

The creators of this and the last show had nothing to do with the movie. At all.

That was all M. Knight's doing.

He is such a *** mother *** for doing that to this beloved franchise. If the studio lets him make 2 and 3, I'm going to be really sad.

Especially since book 2 has Toph in it. I do not want to see my favorite character butchered :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-26 02:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh, I actually meant the movie. I practically fangirled at the new series.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-26 02:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Movie was terrible. Trying to condense a show into a movie is a bad idea. I can understand if they did it like the last Harry Potter movie and split it into 2 movies instead of abridging a movie into a series of short explanations and getting rid of your comic relief D=.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-03-26 02:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
Movie was terrible. Trying to condense a show into a movie is a bad idea. I can understand if they did it like the last Harry Potter movie and split it into 2 movies instead of abridging a movie into a series of short explanations and getting rid of your comic relief D=.

I actually thought for a long time how I would do the Avatar movie if I had control of it.

The first season of The Last Airbender was about 7 hours long. There is a TON of filler episodes though, I would say about half in the first season.

So to do the series real justice they would have either had to do each movie about 3 hours long or a much more practical 2 movies at about 2 hours each.

The problem with the two movies is that there is no real climax in the middle of the season to end a first movie on. You would either have to create one or just use one of the action scenes to end on.

But trying to do the first season in 94 minutes is just disgusting. There is no possible way to do it justice in that time frame.

Not to mention changing how the vowels sound in everyone's name, just makes me want to punch M. Knight in the face.

I've thought about this way too much. I just love the show a lot and when I saw the trailer I got all excited. Then after I saw the movie I was just so outraged that someone could do this to my beloved series. Oh well.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2012-03-26 02:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No no no. Nothing M. Night makes can possibly be good. He is cursed. It's almost impossible to imagine, but with every film he makes, they only get worse and worse and worse! I mean sure, Sixth Sense was alright, not amazing, just alright. But the horrors that came after it. The Village! Signs! Oh gods, THE HAPPENING!!! And of course, Avatar. The only hope this franchise has at this point is to kick that hack to the curb and find someone competent!
 Carbuncle.Haseo
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-26 02:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. Also casting a predominately white cast wasn't the best move as well considering how Airbender is based on different asian cultures. Fire nation as Indian and Earthbenders as Chinese-ish wasn't a good move for M.Night Shamalamadingdong.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-26 02:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo hoo!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-26 09:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't bothered to watch this. Is it that awful? Like, to the point of not worth pressing play because it messed up so bad? Or was it just a disappointment?
It's to the point where I almost walked out of the theater after 5 minutes.

By the end of it I wish that I had.

In my opinion the avatar last airbender movie was more of a failure than the Eragon one...
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-03-26 10:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen, generally because when movies are that bad I typically don't finish watching them.. but having loved ATLA I couldn't help but force my way through it.

As far as Korra, I'm not too sure I can get into it. Something about the characters of the first one and the epic battle and everything I don't think can be topped, which will only leave me ultimately disappointed. I'm sure I'll end up watching it, but I haven't really been looking forward to it per se. I'll probably wait until it's all finished and watch it all in one chunk like what happened with ATLA o_O
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 10:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

It's to the point where I almost walked out of the theater after 5 minutes.

By the end of it I wish that I had.

In my opinion the avatar last airbender movie was more of a failure than the Eragon one...
Never watched the Avatar live action because live actions of cartoons never end well. (Decided never to watch a live action of a cartoon again after I tortured myself with the Dragonball one.)

At least with the avatar one, I hope they did not leave out a main character like the Eragon one >.>
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 10:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually never got to far in the original Avatar, just enough to know which characters are which really, but I gotta say this was okay at best, voice-acting seemed mediocre and it felt like it was rushed.
Would still probably watch more though if I get the chance.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-26 10:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Actually never got to far in the original Avatar, just enough to know which characters are which really, but I gotta say this was okay at best, voice-acting seemed mediocre and it felt like it was rushed.

Avatar the Last Airbender was really aimed towards kids. However, the new one is aimed towards an older audience with darker themes.
 Ragnarok.Madmaxximist
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Madmaxximist 2012-03-26 10:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a huge fan of the series but it is not bad, so for those huge fans out there I am sure that it felt like a knife to the gut everytime the characters names were mispronounced or event the name of the series itself...I stopped watching after 10 minutes in.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-26 11:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen, generally because when movies are that bad I typically don't finish watching them.. but having loved ATLA I couldn't help but force my way through it.
I KNOW RIGHT?

I wanted to walk out so bad, but since I loved the series I felt obligated to at least finish the first movie and give it a chance to see if it would pick up and get better. :(
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-03-26 11:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
Asura.Kaisuko said: »

Avatar the Last Airbender was really aimed towards kids. However, the new one is aimed towards an older audience with darker themes.

I didn't like ATLA at first..the first episodes didn't leave a great impression on me (I have nightmares of that one Agni Kai scene between Zhao and zuko and zuko has like DBZ muscles..wtf character designers?) and when it was first announced I was all like "eww, this American anime trend is awful" (my siblings watched teen titans all the time and I couldnt stand it) but I got drawn in after watching the Blue Spirit episode and the first season finale had me hooked and obsessed.

What really made ATLA fun though was how the creators kept up with the fanbase and they'd acknowledge it in later episodes..because the fanbase was absolutely crazy nuts and I loved it during comiccon season.

This new series Im still going to treat it like its aimed at children and wait for the crazy fanbase to come back for all sorts of new lulz.
 Asura.Ophiucus
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2012-04-13 09:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone doesn't already know. The first episode of Legend of Korra can be watched for free in SD or HD through xbox live(you can even download it).
By Tiipapa08 2012-04-13 09:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I say we start a petition to get Peter Jackson to direct the next 3 books of ATLA movies >_> pure epic-ness!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-21 22:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Legend of Korra, Episode 03: "The Revelation" aired tonight. If you missed it and would like to download it in 720p then you can send me a PM.

Or you can watch it / set your DVR to record it at (EST Times):
Sun 4/227:30am-8:00am
Sun 4/228:00pm-8:30pm
Mon 4/234:30pm-5:00pm
Thu 4/265:30pm-6:00pm
Fri 4/278:30pm-9:00pm
Sat 4/288:00am-8:30am
Sun 4/2911:00am-11:30am
*These times are only for The Legend of Korra : The Revelation
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-04-22 00:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone watch the new episode? i have this prediction o.o i dunno why but i just feel it!
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-22 02:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

avatar the last airbender was 1 of the worse/predictable animes ever....
By Artemicion 2012-04-22 03:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

It must be difficult being only able to breathe through your mouth.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-22 04:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

It must be difficult being only able to breath through your mouth.

only fanboys that like every anime ever made like this show >_>.

saw a few episodes a long time ago, thought they boring and predictable, makes me nvr saw the movie, but was probably the same
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-22 04:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://encyclopediadramatica.se/Avatar_The_Last_Airbender

This site sums up how I feel about the show.... this show to me is on the same level as that my little pony show >_>

btw, site is very offensive, don't click unless you want to be offended.................
 Lakshmi.Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-04-22 04:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

http://encyclopediadramatica.se/Avatar_The_Last_Airbender

This site sums up how I feel about the show.... this show to me is on the same level as that my little pony show >_>

btw, site is very offensive, don't click unless you want to be offended.................

Why are you posting in this thread if you hate it so much? Trying to convince people who like to show to not like it? I don't get it.

Can't wait to see the new episode! Super hyped!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-22 04:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to find people for good reasons for liking this show >_< other then the fact its an "anime"......
By Artemicion 2012-04-22 05:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to find people for good reasons for liking this show >_< other then the fact its an "anime"......

The reason we are fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and subsequently, The Legend of Korra, is not because we are all weeabos, but rather because within the over-saturated market of westernized anime, Avatar offered a breath of fresh air that displayed well paced, well narrated, and somewhat captivating story. As opposed to your cliche multi-episode power ups and blatantly overwritten scenarios including the protagonist and antagonist alike openly stating the obvious weight of the current situation nearly every episode. Not to mention animes of those ilk tend to stretch and drag on forever over hundreds of episodes, needlessly putting in as much filler as they can to milk the franchise dry.

Avatar had a great story, decent animation, memorable characters, excellent character development, well paced episode movement, impressive voice acting (considering children take up the majority of the cast), and finally, a satisfying conclusion that didn't drag out needlessly.

All of which turned the tables on typical mainstream animes, which more often than not offer nothing more than vapid eye candy that stretch on endlessly. To put this in comparison, Avatar is great for the same reasons Pixar films are great (save Cars 2). And I'll give you a hint: It's not because it's made for kids, because it's not.
It's because they capture great stories, and more importantly: tell it in an entertaining and satisfying manner.

If you are still unable to approach this show or thread with an open mind, or at least validate your criticism with some constructive merit, then I would kindly ask you to stop posting here.
Otherwise, you're just that guy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-22 05:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ok um....

great story? show was about him going to different places and getting stronger[never seen that before], and about 5diffrent elements or some crap, sorry, story was bad.

decent animation? animation means nothing if show is horrible. thats like saying ff games are good because of graphics >_>

memorable characters? I watched a few episodes of this show and I remember about 1/2 cast being really annoying, especially the main character.....

turned the tables on mainstream anime? >_> yeah i don't see it...

when it comes to shows/movies I usually always consider what I like and dislike....most the stuff in avatar I disliked, infact I really only liked 1 episode of the show, Cant remember but it had something to do with him learning earth style jutsu or w/e and it turned out the oldman he was fighting was a friend of his when he was a kid.

this will be my last post in this forum, my final words...this show will always just be an overglorified kids show to me, (they showed it on nickolodeon for Christs sake).... so to say its not a kids show is kinda stretching it.....

honestly I think this show woulda done well in the 80s, but not for something in the 2000s >_<.
By Artemicion 2012-04-22 05:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

great story? show was about him going to different places and getting stronger[never seen that before], and about 5diffrent elements or some crap, sorry, story was bad.

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, paraphrasing the synopsis doesn't necessarily validate something as a bad story. Especially since you had already admitted to not having seen much of it.
Besides, people like different things other than what you just like. Imagine that.

decent animation? animation means nothing if show is horrible. thats like saying ff games are good because of graphics >_>

Indeed, visuals are merely a means of projection to allegory. If the substance is lacking therein, then animation/graphics will only carry it so far (FF13 is a great example of this). However, I personally found the animation very clean and well done. A bit copy and paste to play it safe, but well done nevertheless. Considering it more or less is a kid's show, I find it impressive.

memorable characters? I watched a few episodes of this show and I remember about 1/2 cast being really annoying, especially the main character.....

Well there's your problem.

turned the tables on mainstream anime? >_> yeah i don't see it...

Again, sorry you feel that way. Perhaps having a two dimensional outlook on this has enfeebled you to your repetitive and empty rebuttals.

when it comes to shows/movies I usually always consider what I like and dislike....most the stuff in avatar I disliked

And that's perfectly fine. You don't have to enjoy everything others like. And your reasons are valid to you, and that's all that matters. But don't waste your breath by alienating legitimate fans of the series with your unmerited bellyaches; you just come off as a tool that way.

this will be my last post in this forum
I can only hope so.

my final words...this show will always just be an overglorified kids show to me, (they showed it on nickolodeon for Christs sake).... so to say its not a kids show is kinda stretching it.....

I never said it wasn't a kid's show. I said the appeal went far beyond that of just children. You don't have to perfectly fit in a target audience demograph to fully understand or appreciate and enjoy something.

honestly I think this show woulda done well in the 80s, but not for something in the 2000s >_<.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8