Forum » FFXI » General » Leveling 1~30 Post-Abyssea
Leveling 1~30 Post-Abyssea
 Quetzalcoatl.Thautu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Thautu
By Quetzalcoatl.Thautu 2012-02-26 00:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any good guides to help me with leveling a new job? I've heard of ways to quickly hit level 30 using FoV or something. I haven't been able to find anything of much detail. Where can I find some info for post-Abyssea low leveling? Thanks for any help.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2012-02-26 01:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you have someone to help you you can go to Zeruhn Mines and have the person do page four for you.

Without another to help, I guess just doing it like the olden days would work?
[+]
 Valefor.Trini
Server: Valefor
user: Mila
By Valefor.Trini 2012-02-26 01:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

usually there are parties in Gusgen doing skeletons.

Campaign Ops (when you are lv.10+) gives you 1k+ exp in between those and the AN you can use for voiddust.
 Quetzalcoatl.Thautu
user: Thautu
By Quetzalcoatl.Thautu 2012-02-26 01:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said: »
Well if you have someone to help you you can go to Zeruhn Mines and have the person do page four for you.

Tried this as a level 1. I didn't get any credit for kills. I'm assuming because of the level gap.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-02-26 01:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Thautu said: »

Tried this as a level 1. I didn't get any credit for kills. I'm assuming because of the level gap.
You need to be like level 10 or 15 to get credit for pages.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hyar
Server: Fenrir
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2012-02-26 01:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Thautu said: »

Yeah, this method works best, but only actually works once your character is at least (in my experience at least) level 7. If you just go outside of any major zone, bastok preferably due to how close it is to Zeruhn, and just keep killing till your close to that level. The more people in the party, the higher the level you might have to be to actually receive credit.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-26 02:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's lv 10 to receive exp from tomes
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-02-26 02:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ive gotten exp as low as 8 from GoV, im 100% sure about this. if too many ppl in pt/ally, it wont work.

possibly level 7 as well, but i cant be 100% on this, idr.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-26 02:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just leveled cor 10~30 in zerum on page 4
mobs gave me 1xp (lolchain 50+)
but the book gave me 1k~3.5k per completion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-02-26 10:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best Campaign Op to do for xp then? From reading the Wiki I thought Ops only granted about 200 xp per Op.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-02-26 11:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
What's the best Campaign Op to do for xp then? From reading the Wiki I thought Ops only granted about 200 xp per Op.
hawk eye or slaughterhouse give the most exp for the least work (both intel.) op exp was updated a few months ago to be a lot higher, though wiki probably wont have that up to date info on something like this... ever XD

but don't do slaughterhouse if there are mobs at the base (they will ruin the mission) hawk eye is easiest and with no chance of failing. also if your campaign rank is very low then yea, you aren't going to get much exp.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-02-26 11:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have a spare DD somewhere(mule, friend, etc)

1-6 in east ronfaure - kill pugils, there are 3 by the book, 2 down the waterfall and 3 by the river to the north. Keep refresh/regen fov buff on, go /blm and open every fight with stone. Should take 20 minutes or so,

6-30 in bostaunieux oubliette, do leeches. At lv6, you must have only the lv6 and the DD in the party, anymore and you won't get exp. More people can be added to the party once you level up a couple times. You can stand there while a lv99 slaughters leeches for you. Can get up to 60-80k/hr with 1 lv99 DDs. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-26 11:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of tricks if you have a mule account, but for the old fashioned way...

Mob EXP has been doubled, combined with a more relaxed scale for EP-DC mobs, meaning most mobs give you 100-200 EXP per kill solo (I think the least EXP you can get from something before it becomes too weak is 80). Effectively, soloing just about any job to 30 is as easy or easier than soloing a job to 15 was "back in the day." GOV is preferable since it gives EXP bonuses (and other bonuses) per page completion, but I'm unaware of any good camps for lv1-20 (mostly because those levels go too fast to begin with). At lv20 I've been going to Shakhrami, since worms are a great target for most jobs and that's the level when they start becoming EM (will be a few Ts at 20 I think, but they're not much harder or you can just avoid them). You can basically stay there for 20-30, which should take a few hours.

Always remember signet, keep refresh up from FOV/GOV and use food.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-02-26 12:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv 1 - 10 Just do page 1 in Zerum Mine, if u can /bst just charm a Crab and let it rip tru the bats.

From 10+ if you got any friend to help you kill High lv GOVs they give alot of exp. 1.5k to 2k for first complete up to 4k if you do like 10 repeats.

Got a friend's BST 1-30 in like 1/2 a day.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-26 12:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Subbing /pup with the appropriate attachments use to be a great method. I don't know if the stoneskin's lower cap is less than what it use to be though since the change. The automaton will tear through things in the lower levels, especially useful on jobs that don't DD well like mages.
By Thanzo187 2012-02-26 12:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd go with zeruhn mines most of the time theres people there farming the ring and if lucky full allie which will make kills so much faster make sure you're lv14 or else no exp you can go from 14-30 in like 2 hrs or less
By Elwynbelwyn 2012-02-27 01:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
hawk eye or slaughterhouse give the most exp for the least work (both intel.)
Agreed. Also, it is fun to unlock the WoTG areas on a level 1 character. Hints: do Windurst first, there's a lot less aggro, and you will need to do Slaughterhouse a couple of times for AN to get warps.

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
Subbing /pup with the appropriate attachments use to be a great method. I don't know if the stoneskin's lower cap is less than what it use to be though since the change. The automaton will tear through things in the lower levels, especially useful on jobs that don't DD well like mages.
Main job PUP with the right attachments can be really overpowered at lower levels, like 20 and below. As a subjob the auto is really gimp at your subjob level, but it can still be useful. (I like using /PUP for getting L2 skill chains for weaponskill quests.) The problem is that you can't be a PUP until you've already hit level 30 to get the unlock quest, so you can't use this for your first job.

Anyhow, before the XP doubling (minimum used to be 30 since late 2009, and EM was 100), with an Empress Band and FoV, I was usually able to hit level 7 in under an hour in W. Saruta. Double XP and auto-repeat should make this much faster. Once you hit 10, it's just a simple matter of spamming Gusgen GoV. (or level 13 if you have to be the sync) That should take a few hours per job.

Then if you're really OCD, go for level 57-60 on every job in Crawler's Nest. That can take maybe 2 months of evenings and weekends for all 20 jobs, faster if you try hard. That's assuming you don't go crazy first from all the retardation. Preservation of sanity is the real limitation to how fast you can level multiple jobs in there.

If you have a 2box to PL with, skip the Nest and go straight for Bost<tab> page 4 leeches after level 30. I hear there's a place upstairs with no aggro, but is in xp distance of the whole leeches area. Then have a level 99 go nuts on the leeches.
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-02-27 01:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you can get exp in Zehrun mines at lv 5. But thats with just 1 90 helping me out. Just do page 1 up until lv4 and then alternate pg 1 and 2 until about lv8. Did this with whm and got it to 40 in a couple hours.
 Bismarck.Highlordkitiara
By Bismarck.Highlordkitiara 2012-02-27 02:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your job, even soloing to 30 isn't that hard. My favorite way is leveling to 15 or so solo, then going to Gusgen Mines. It's not the fastest, but I've had a lot of nice conversations beating up skeletons down there.
 Cerberus.Ansime
Server: Cerberus
user: ansime
By Cerberus.Ansime 2012-02-27 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the level range in gov that a 99 can do for a lvl 11? Wondering if i can do some 78-81 pages in horutoto
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2012-02-27 13:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ansime said: »
What's the level range in gov that a 99 can do for a lvl 11? Wondering if i can do some 78-81 pages in horutoto

I level my alts to 5 and then take them to 30 on the 80+ pages in outer. They get ~3 exp per kill, but then they get the pages.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celille
Server: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-02-27 13:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Keriam said: »
Why only stop at 30? Be a man, and GoV it to ~75!

Real men solo pets with a PL to 75. Who needs 30k/hr when you can get 5???

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-02-27 14:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to level off gov and not be pl Gusgen sucks. Maze of Shakrami pg1 at lv15ish and pg2 at lv20 all the way to 29. And there's a nice loop you can do 3-4 pages before starting loop over. And I don't see people wipe in the maze like people do at gusgen.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-02-27 14:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celille said: »
Sylph.Keriam said: »
Why only stop at 30? Be a man, and GoV it to ~75!

Real men solo pets with a PL to 75. Who needs 30k/hr when you can get 5???
Play a video game? why the hell would anyone wanna do that?

get to 99 ASAP so your gimp pinkie/pearly/tealy *** can sit in Jeuno and shout about how bored you are!!
[+]