[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 26 27 28
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-26 14:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is it possible to put an expiration time on a friend request? There are a couple I ignored over 2 years ago and still won't go away!!

I'll add a "decline" option.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-07-27 06:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to have the shout box auto translate similar to how the plugin works in windower?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-27 06:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Is it possible to have the shout box auto translate similar to how the plugin works in windower?

We get the shout information from Guildwork; to do this, I'd bsaically have to re-implement the translation plugin, and then keep two copies of shouts (sorta-translated and untranslated).

It's not impossible, but it's a lot of work, so I think I'd want more people asking for it before it jumps higher in priority.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-27 07:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible for it to be an option to enable/disable per user basis instead of across the board if/when?

Or better yet anyone know of a browser plugin that would effectively do the same?
By Jetackuu 2015-07-27 07:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
How about the possibility to have signatures?

Doubtful. I am not a big fan of excess decoration around posts in general (I like the site's mostly minimalist design), and I have a particular distaste for signatures.

If His Scraggness told me to implement them, I would, because he's the boss, but otherwise, no. Sorry.
I'm fairly certain that he said "no" to sigs already.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-27 07:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Would it be possible for it to be an option to enable/disable per user basis instead of across the board if/when?

Or better yet anyone know of a browser plugin that would effectively do the same?

Per-user settings is why I'd have to keep two copies.
[+]
 Asura.Akamatzu
Server: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-07-27 07:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Improve on the item sets feature. There are a couple of items that doesn't represent the info right in the stats window. Especially pet gear like Thurandaut Ring or Janniston Ring. Also, add a way to pick augmented stats on gear in the item set window.

Are these possible?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-27 07:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Improve on the item sets feature. There are a couple of items that doesn't represent the info right in the stats window. Especially pet gear like Thurandaut Ring or Janniston Ring. Also, add a way to pick augmented stats on gear in the item set window.

Are these possible?

Yeah, I already have an idea for augments on item sets. The mis-read stats are a result of the resource parser and item loader, so specific examples will help me fix them.

If I had enough time, I'd probably work on getting an equivalent of the DPS spreadsheets into the item set stuff as well. There's a lot that could be done there, it's just been lower priority than other changes.
[+]
 Asura.Akamatzu
Server: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-07-27 07:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How could I help with this issue?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-27 07:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
How could I help with this issue?

For things like the Janniston Ring being wrong? Give me examples of things that parse incorrectly, since a lot of that stuff is case-by-case.

For item sets overall? Give me a winning powerball number so I have more free time to work on things ;)
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-31 14:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way you could fix the "Most Viewed Items" section on the base ffxiah.com page - for quite some time, the values shown do not match the server.

This is the list shown for Fenrir a few minutes ago:

The quantities shown are accurate for Fenrir, but the prices are not. It seems to be pulling prices from other servers, and it seems to randomize throughout the day. For example, I noticed earlier that hexed coif -1 was 35,000,000. Later, it was 50,000,000. Later still, it was 1. A quick search of the item on different servers showed that there have been last trades for those amounts - just not on Fenrir.

I often look at the front ffxiah.com page to get a glimpse of the AH, but I usually have to go into each individual item page if I want accurate data. If you could fix the front page, that'd make me a very happy camper.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-31 14:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that's weird.

That'll be a little more complicated for me to fix and test since my dev box doesn't run the full AH scraper, but I'll have a look at the code.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-31 14:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just checked again and the same item, hexed coif -1, shows with a value of 9,154,339. It is the mean value of the only two trades on the Valefor server.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2015-07-31 15:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
My personal Ah sales is a massive list, there isn't any ability to narrow it down or refine your sales to show X of what you want/need to see.

Currently I can view X sales, anything beyond X is gone I can't see it anymore? With a refined way to view your list maybe we could see all our own sales of say 1mil-2mil likewise allow us to date back a little farther than our profile settings allow as such I could see my last 3 months of sales that are 400k and over, something to that effect.

Not an unreasonable request. My concern is performance; I cannot overstate how HUGE the sales tables are. I'll investigate and see if this is something that can be done without bringing the server to its knees.

If you've got it in a SQL or most document db's, you can migrate to ElasticSearch which is fairly trivial and actually implement incredibly strong faceted searches.

Edit; wow, no real frontend requests. I was just browsing here for brain teases to see if I can dump some JS.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-31 17:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked it before, but you weren't here at the time so I'll try again cause it's soemthing I've always wanted...

custom flags?? <.<
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-31 17:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked it before, but you weren't here at the time so I'll try again cause it's soemthing I've always wanted...

custom flags?? <.<

I mean, they're supposed to represent your country. The user-settable image is the avatar.

What do you have in mind?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-31 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
If you've got it in a SQL or most document db's, you can migrate to ElasticSearch which is fairly trivial and actually implement incredibly strong faceted searches.

Edit; wow, no real frontend requests. I was just browsing here for brain teases to see if I can dump some JS.

There's already some ES back there, actually, but it's not used for AH transactions. I doubt I'm going to make any sweeping architectural changes; the codebase is deceptively large, and there's a lot of moving parts that don't have anything to do with the front end (directly, anyway). The time it would take to test all of that would be put to better use in other places.

And I don't even know what the perf hit would be like; it might be okay! I still have to do the research :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-07-31 17:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like FFXI spaghetti code hit your website. Sorry couldn't resist :)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-01 09:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many options, that's why I say custom..!

FFXI flags, FFXIV flags, other FFs flags, US flags, Royal flags, whatever fantasy stuff flags, and so on.

Idk, I just always felt it could be expanded.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-08-01 14:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mouseovers/tooltips for the flags? If not already mentioned.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2015-08-01 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many options, that's why I say custom..!

FFXI flags, FFXIV flags, other FFs flags, US flags, Royal flags, whatever fantasy stuff flags, and so on.

Idk, I just always felt it could be expanded.
Don't forget confederate battle flags!

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Mouseovers/tooltips for the flags? If not already mentioned.
It's not quite a tooltip, but you can get mouseover help text for flags on individual profile pages. Would be nice to have it in threads though. :]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-01 14:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i rly miss how each item used to have the path to take to find it on the AH listed under the item description
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-08-01 16:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

should have mail in icecream
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-08-01 19:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i think was asked in the last thread a few years ago.
can notable crafting/guild items be accounted for? i.e Ebisu, especially since its now +1. even if its for vanity sake.

any credit for aprons,mitts,stalls? etc. given its taken 5-6months to earn 500k guild points for each of 7 110 crafts. i think that is worth of at least vanity mention or possibly...

a. achievements
b. possibly to list in a table under r/m/e on profile
c. and/or display level with gear/furniture of crafts in crafting skills. ie. 110+2 etc

considering maats cap was the first relic i got listed and its not even there any more. i dont care about the points personally just going thru all of that for it to be nuked sucks.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-01 21:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
It's not quite a tooltip, but you can get mouseover help text for flags on individual profile pages. Would be nice to have it in threads though. :]

Fixed in dev. There were a couple places this was happening, but they should all be addressed now.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-01 21:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
i rly miss how each item used to have the path to take to find it on the AH listed under the item description

This is fixed for a number of items. The ones it's not fixed for (pretty much anything post-Abyssea) involve a change to the AH parser itself, and that's not something I have access to yet.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-01 21:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
i think was asked in the last thread a few years ago.
can notable crafting/guild items be accounted for? i.e Ebisu, especially since its now +1. even if its for vanity sake.

any credit for aprons,mitts,stalls? etc. given its taken 5-6months to earn 500k guild points for each of 7 110 crafts. i think that is worth of at least vanity mention or possibly...

a. achievements
b. possibly to list in a table under r/m/e on profile
c. and/or display level with gear/furniture of crafts in crafting skills. ie. 110+2 etc

considering maats cap was the first relic i got listed and its not even there any more. i dont care about the points personally just going thru all of that for it to be nuked sucks.

I'm adding Ergon weapons, eventually adding new missions, and adjusting points (which will be a work in progress for a while). I don't see myself adding any other new achievements, though I can be convinced otherwise.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-02 03:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A few ideas I have for making this site better:

1) add [-] button

2) give me admin privileges

3) casual fridays
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-08-02 03:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Start a shadow investment game based on AH item prices/price fluctuations.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-10 12:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Could we have the ability to edit comments? Right now you can only delete or report.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 26 27 28