Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » lv.99 MNK TP set
lv.99 MNK TP set
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30
By Otomis 2013-03-21 02:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Big issue I have found with spreadsheet esp for jobs with defensive traits like counter. Is the DPS sheets have what I call the "Brick wall syndrome" basically in the perfect world of supreme DD where you hit every thing as hard as you can and nothing hits back.

The 2nd set will be highest DD out put if, but if per chance you are tanking on mnk the 1st might be viable. nothing wrong with having higher acc and str for higher content. It also may be an old school ideal but I find subtle blow being capped when tanking on mnk or ninja a nice bonus when low manning with limited healing support. salvage II comes to mind, but then again I play thf mainly now-a-days, but used to main tank as Mnk a lot when salvage in toa was big. (game has changed, I know). Good luck with your gear sets. (*^.^*)

EDIT: for goodness sakes i type like a 10 year old @ 3am: going to bed.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-21 03:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh user error. Vere was set to 90(Set#1) / 85(Set#2). I Still have a hard time seeing set#2 the winner tho.
{Edit:Set#1 is using twilight over BB, with current info. Unless where listed in set#1 on Ig-Alima}

Set#1
Ig-Alima:lose/win. Barely. .118(Buffs)~1.116(No Buffs)(Win:BB+Pizza+1 + buffs)
Qilin:Win. Pizza + Buffs.
Pil:Win. Farther ahead w/ pizza/buffs.
EM:Win. RCB with or without buffs.
Fodder:Win. YCB+Buffs

Set#2
Ig-Alima:win/lose. Barely. .118(Buffs)~1.116(No Buffs).(Lose:BB+Pizza+1 + buffs)
Qilin:Win/lose. Qilin pizza and no buffs.
Pil:Win/lose. Barley ahead RCB/buffs.
EM:Lose
Fodder:Win YCB By 1dps no buffs.

This is leading me to want to finish Hands 1st. Feet 2nd. Where set#2 wins on fodder not sure if the +4counter(set#1) would really make it pull ahead(assuming I am tanking/have hate).
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2013-03-21 04:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said: »
Eh user error. Vere was set to 90(Set#1) / 85(Set#2). I Still have a hard time seeing set#2 the winner tho.
{Edit:Set#1 is using twilight over BB, with current info. Unless where listed in set#1 on Ig-Alima}

Set#1
Ig-Alima:lose/win. Barely. .118(Buffs)~1.116(No Buffs)(Win:BB+Pizza+1 + buffs)
Qilin:Win. Pizza + Buffs.
Pil:Win. Farther ahead w/ pizza/buffs.
EM:Win. RCB with or without buffs.
Fodder:Win. YCB+Buffs

Set#2
Ig-Alima:win/lose. Barely. .118(Buffs)~1.116(No Buffs).(Lose:BB+Pizza+1 + buffs)
Qilin:Win/lose. Qilin pizza and no buffs.
Pil:Win/lose. Barley ahead RCB/buffs.
EM:Lose
Fodder:Win YCB By 1dps no buffs.

This is leading me to want to finish Hands 1st. Feet 2nd. Where set#2 wins on fodder not sure if the +4counter(set#1) would really make it pull ahead(assuming I am tanking/have hate).
Maybe you had mismatching ws sets or something too? I just checked with both your sets and in all the situations you listed I have set 2 ahead every single time by 1-5 total dps. (except on fodder with buffs was behind by 0.2)
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-22 02:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Set #2 is always getting a +4dmg bonus over set#1(on WS). Swapping the sets on each side(Left/Right) of the Spreadsheet yield the same results(TP Gear).

WS: Both are set the same, and both are using Moonshade Att/TP.
ItemSet 117853

Are you "set ratios" set to the same?
By default there set to 180/120. I'm assuming there set default like that for left side Bergressor up/ right side Bergressor down. I set both of mine to 100 assuming it would even them out.

Both sets are always getting the following. Aggressor, Berserk, Haste, and Boost-Dex. Oh and 30% ODD rate. My whm alt is with me 90% of the time so it's safe to assume Haste and Boost-Dex are always on.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-03-22 02:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They are set to 180/120 because it assumes that you will have berserk (or impetus) up for 180 seconds then have it off for 120 seconds. Setting it to 100/100 skews what you should be doing in combat as you will have it on for 3 minutes, off for 2, then ideally reactivate it as soon as it is ready.

100/100 would mean you would keep zerk on for 100 seconds then cancel it for some reason, then reactivate it after another 100 seconds (which is impossible).
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-22 04:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
They are set to 180/120 because it assumes that you will have berserk (or impetus) up for 180 seconds then have it off for 120 seconds. Setting it to 100/100 skews what you should be doing in combat as you will have it on for 3 minutes, off for 2, then ideally reactivate it as soon as it is ready.

100/100 would mean you would keep zerk on for 100 seconds then cancel it for some reason, then reactivate it after another 100 seconds (which is impossible).

Seems to only effect "Combined DPS", so changing them dose not effect left set vs. right set. But thanks for confirming what I assumed in my previous post, was not sure if it effected 1set vs. another(or left vs. right set if you prefer).

Anyways still have set#1 winning. Can someone else compare/confirm the sets?
-------------------------------------
EDIT: I Re-downloaded the spreadsheet thinking maybe i messed something up, but it still shows set:1..
Target:Pil
Race:Taru
Merits: 12:Str 12:Dex 16:H2H 5%:CR +5:KA +5:Counter
Food:Pizza+1
Buffs:Haste, March x2, Chaos, Berserk, Aggressor, Impetus, Boost-Dex.
Set#1:257.098
Set#2:255.453

Set#1: 18hits=100TP WS:2,320
Set#2: 17hits=100TP WS:2,325

Set#1:Str+2, Acc+6, Att-24, DA%+5, TA%-2 ,QA%-1, STP-9, KADMG+45
Set#2:Str-2, Acc-6, Att+24, DA%-5, TA%+2, QA%+1, STP+9, KADMG-45
Compare:Set#1= 3STR, 6Acc, 5%DA, KADMG+45 vs. Set#2= +24Att, 2%TA, 1%QA, 9:STP -1:H100TP,

Comments?
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2013-04-10 10:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »
byakkos are the best impetus legs period. it doesnt matter wether you are attack capped or not. It's actually all the more powerfull that attack is low. Well unless you dont get any crit from the 15 dex, but how likely is that?

If you have regain moonshade this is the best impetus build:

somen +1/tantra cyclas+2/tenryu tekko +1/twlight belt/byakko max augment/usukane +1.

If you have TP bonus moonshade, use goading belt and at least 3 stp on byakko.

Here are my sets (sorry I dont know how to put the set picture in here)

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=264883
http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=264881

I just got my Somen +1 as my first piece of Neo Salvage gear.
I do have Byakko pants with +4stp and +5 Crit damage AND the TP bonus earring.

Should I starting using this before I get the +1 boots for the set bonus? ANd yes I hate to put the Black belt down but understand the twilight is better at when you cap out haste.

Eca

PS can some one post a link to the "gear testing/maximizing website"? Whatever its called.
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2013-04-12 12:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have good news and bad news since that last post.

Last night I got Supernal Abj Hands in VW. The bad news is I didnt realize the +1 vs was going to cost 40M IF I can find one to buy.

Currently sitting on about 17M so not sure about that one.
Anyone know where the NQ fit on the this>that>other scale?
 Cerberus.Stereo
By Cerberus.Stereo 2013-04-12 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone with access to Mont's spreadsheet quickly do a comparison of Spharai99 vs Vere99 with Boost dex, no songs, no rolls, just impetus/focus + aggressor/berserk?

I'd do it myself if i was home.
By pchan 2013-04-12 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

vere seems always better, but something the SS doesn't offer is the slight DPS from counter and more importantly, the fact that AM1 might be down at times.
By Blazed1979 2013-04-14 11:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So other than situations where you have a few whm bots cure bombing you and NNI where you can't maintain any AM on vere99, when does Spharai pull ahead of vere?

excuse my ignorance if the answer is obvious to more experienced/career monks.
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-04-14 19:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ecaroh said: »
Well I have good news and bad news since that last post.

Last night I got Supernal Abj Hands in VW. The bad news is I didnt realize the +1 vs was going to cost 40M IF I can find one to buy.

Currently sitting on about 17M so not sure about that one.
Anyone know where the NQ fit on the this>that>other scale?

Consider yourself lucky, if I could get the damn abjuration I'd sure as hell not waste it on an NQ when you could get better options from the AH. Then again, if you're not serious about MNK or SAM, the gil could be put to better use elsewhere. They are rare, but they're not impossible to make if you can find a high enough leather worker. Depending on prices of Scarletite on your server, you might not even spend near 40mil if you're lucky on the synth.
[+]
By Boredwithyou 2013-04-22 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how to use spreadsheet so can some1 check which set is better on ADL

ItemSet 297897

Or

ItemSet 242139
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2013-04-23 15:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shaolin Belt how would this belt work if you capped haste without using belt?
By Angeljcar 2013-04-23 16:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
Shaolin Belt how would this belt work if you capped haste without using belt?

Windbuffet belt would be better.
By Angeljcar 2013-04-23 16:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
So other than situations where you have a few whm bots cure bombing you and NNI where you can't maintain any AM on vere99, when does Spharai pull ahead of vere?

excuse my ignorance if the answer is obvious to more experienced/career monks.
Spharai pulls ahead anytime you cant keep AM3 up or the fight will last longer than AM3 x1

In NNI i would swap to Vere and pop a TP wing on boss floors.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2013-05-09 13:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

new best tp set now is ??
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-10 02:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How's the following compare:

Thaumas Coat vs Tantra +2 vs Manibozho Jerkin.

Don't have a group to get Thaumas so would need to buy a win. However from everything else I see Thaumas excels past Tantra +2, but how about Manibozho Jerkin augmented? Seeing as ill be paying either way, which is better?

Thanks
CP
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-05-10 18:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

new best tp set now is ??
ItemSet 39309
For right now, at least.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-05-10 19:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This set can be better in some cases if you're getting at least 16% crit from dDEX:
ItemSet 300561

I stumbled across it while investigating my options given that I'll probably never own Tenryu hands.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2013-05-10 22:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

so with they saying we will be able to unlock smite on any h2h should we be doing path A now instead of B on our weapons ?
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2013-05-11 01:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info put out on R/E/Ms is tenative so I wouldn't make gear choices based on that. From what I've read I was under the impression that it would require a level 99 weapon to be able to upgrade it but I don't know if Lv.99 would be required to unlock the WS.

As to your question, VS would make path A much more desireable. As a quick look at the spreadsheet the difference between maxed Path A and Path B with capped acc is about 16 DPS with VS. Using Shijin, it's about 4 DPS, which to me is an acceptable loss for a nice boost in ACC.

I would suggest focusing on upgrading Manibozho Brais before Rigor because Oatixur has a chance to make even fully upgraded Rigor obsolete.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-11 04:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

so with they saying we will be able to unlock smite on any h2h should we be doing path A now instead of B on our weapons ?

They changed the E/R/M plan already
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-14 08:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

been reading this thread in interest of updating my mnk but without quoting anyone in particular wonder what sort of crack some people are on when mathing out other dd jobs lol

good reads on the mnk gears tho, i look forward to testing out my own
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30