First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-01 14:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The FFXIAH Achievement Point System has recently become the subject of many Suggestion forum topics. Most of this debate centers around how achievements are weighted and calculated in our system.

We will not be making any additions or changes to the achievement system at this time.

Our experience in the past has shown that every time we have honored a request to modify the achievement system, it has spawned an exponential number of demands for further additions and changes, with no net increase in overall user satisfaction. This implies that taking further user input on this particular subject is unwise.

Users' perception of an item's measurement of "achievement" is directly related to their own investment in said item. Thus, accepting input in the form of sporadic suggestion posts cannot accurately represent the overall objective value of an item for all users. On the other hand, implementing an ongoing, complex multi-level voting system to determine Achievement Point item sets and relative value has been rejected by the FFXIAH.com administration as unwieldy and untenable -- a view shared by every other achievement measurement system in the industry, including XBox.

The "end game" of MMO's is already primarily a competition over subjective feelings of personal accomplishment relative to others. The FFXIAH.com Achievement Point System was never intended to serve as an infallible, objective, codified and universal numerical representation of this same end-game competition. That is what the game itself is for. If users are treating the system as such, that is a mistake that we do not want to reinforce by further modifying it.

I apologize in advance if this decision upsets some of our users. I know this is a very sensitive subject, and please be assured that we did not make this decision lightly.

This is not a statement implying we will never add to or modify the Achievement Point system in the future -- after further discussion, we may even tweak it relatively soon. However, if we do so, it will be due to internal debate only, and not user input.
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-01 14:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good decision.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-01 14:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Darn I was gonna ask if my onion knife would be an achievement :P
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [100 days between previous and next post]
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-09 14:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe you could post a list of what is/isn't on the list?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Carnivor
Server: Asura
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2009-09-15 06:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

While i respect your limitations regarding the achievement system, I can see no reason for "A Crystalline Prophecy" and "A Moogle Kupo'd'Etat" missions not being there.

In my opinion, the mission and info provided from the linkshell community pages concerning missions, job levels etc, should be in the achievement list.

I think you would be best served when relating to user satisfaction, to have a clear set of rules towards what is considered an achievement, instead of saying you will not make any changes to the system at all, based on user opinions.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2009-12-25 18:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump!

Since relic weapons are given achievement to reflect the effort required to obtain them (fragment/attestation/etc)- although mostly monetary. Exceptional HNM items may warrant consideration... While Abjuration pieces are a dime a dozen now with einherjar, there is 1 item that seems valid of achievement. Defending Ring. It is harder to obtain then any relic as you cant just RMT/buy your way to it. And then it will boost my ranking a bit ;D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Zannefair 2010-02-01 01:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Are merits acchieved givent points? or acknowledged? and one place somewhere here saying exactly what everything is given would be nice some way to see what is considered important and what is not.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-01 01:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Merits aren't given points because they aren't on the Linkshell Community site, which is where they get their info from, if memory serves.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Tewl
Server: Bismarck
user: Tewl
By Bismarck.Tewl 2010-04-04 19:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Are achievement points for campaign going to be added soon now that we can now achieve the last medal?
[+]
By Rojo 2010-04-20 09:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The FFXIAH.com Achievement Point System was never intended to serve as an infallible, objective, codified and universal numerical representation of this same end-game competition. That is what the game itself is for. If users are treating the system as such, that is a mistake that we do not want to reinforce by further modifying it.

This in and of itself is the issue. It's an achievement system and it will be used for e-peen comparison, even subconsciously. Someone ranked higher is looked at as 'better' before reasoning or logic even comes into play. It's an immediate, instinctual response that I would personally prefer to remove from the equation.

As such, setting the option to 'hide achievements' should hide/remove this ranking as well.

My character pages are reference points for myself and others on job levels, current missions, assaults, etc. I don't need a near-arbitrary number slapping people in the face that would make them think I am either a better or worse player than I am.

The 'option' of hiding everything from the LS Community page is counterproductive and defeats the entire purpose of linking my character in the first place.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-20 10:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rojo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The FFXIAH.com Achievement Point System was never intended to serve as an infallible, objective, codified and universal numerical representation of this same end-game competition. That is what the game itself is for. If users are treating the system as such, that is a mistake that we do not want to reinforce by further modifying it.
This in and of itself is the issue. It's an achievement system and it will be used for e-peen comparison, even subconsciously. Someone ranked higher is looked at as 'better' before reasoning or logic even comes into play. It's an immediate, instinctual response that I would personally prefer to remove from the equation. As such, setting the option to 'hide achievements' should hide/remove this ranking as well. My character pages are reference points for myself and others on job levels, current missions, assaults, etc. I don't need a near-arbitrary number slapping people in the face that would make them think I am either a better or worse player than I am. The 'option' of hiding everything from the LS Community page is counterproductive and defeats the entire purpose of linking my character in the first place.

This is exactly what Mr. 243754899657467389 would say.
By Rojo 2010-04-20 16:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's Mr. 243754899657467388 to you, bub.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [178 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-10-15 23:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know if is just me, but the achievement bars (campign ops and altana mission) dont fill.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [117 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-10 08:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this has been discussed at some point or another but I don't remember the reasoning.

Is it possible with guildwork now up and going to upload Captain rank through titles and finish those of us off that are beyond 1st Lt. ?

If not meh, just thought I would ask.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1306 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-08 07:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What about adding Achievement Points for Item Level 119 Job Specific Equipment (Weapons) from NPC, Oboro?

:3
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-08 07:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that an achievement?
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-08 07:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not, all it requires is gil to buy the necessary items. Not even a lot of gil.

Edit: holy sh** necro bump.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-08 07:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like saying that there should be an achievement for putting "Meow :3" at the end of your post

Meow :3
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-08 07:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Well, it is a quest, there is currency to be collected; base weapons that aren't available for purchase from NPCs / that must be crafted; materials that drop from Delve II mega boss; a waiting period; well they are easier to get now, when they were first came out they were slightly harder to get. Difficult battlefield clear. etc. The requirements have changed from the originals. There is one to collect for each job. ^^ Final Fantasy XI isn't the same game these days you know. Maybe should change with the times. Just an idea. Of course they might only be work 250~500 Achievement Points each if that... :S
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-08 07:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skjalf said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Well, it is a quest, there is currency to be collected; base weapons that aren't available for purchase from NPCs / that must be crafted; materials that drop from Delve II mega boss; a waiting period; well they are easier to get now, when they were first came out they were slightly harder to get. Difficult battlefield clear. etc. The requirements have changed from the originals. There is one to collect for each job. ^^ Final Fantasy XI isn't the same game these days you know. Maybe should change with the times. Just an idea. Of course they might only be work 250~500 Achievement Points each if that... :S
Then why not ask for AF armor as an achievement. Or relic armor. Or +2 Emp armor. Or AF/Relic armor ilvl 119.

Or practically anything involved with this game.

"You killed Bubbly Bernie. You gain 10 Achievement Points!"

"You posted a screenshot! You gain 15 Achievement Points!"

This system isn't supposed to be like XBOX where you get an achievement for scratching your ***.....
[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-08 08:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How many points does Skjalf get for scratching a naysayer's face? ^o^

Anyways... So 7382 points to take a job to 99. How quick and easy is it to leech a job these days? That is a real achievement...
Hmm... Mythics are worth 15,000 each.... /sigh

The original post was almost 5 years ago... maybe there should be some change.

Meow :3 (1 Achievement Point)
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-08 08:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had it my way, achievement points for job levels should be removed or at least lowered considerably, seeing as you can afk your way from level 1 to 99 these days. However, those achievement points have been around for a long time, I'm not sure when they were added but it was well before the level cap increase. In fact, they may have been there from the start of this site for all I know. There was actually a time when Maat's Cap would show up in people's relic list.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2014-09-08 19:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they are the GEO/RUN equivalents to Mythic, will the Ergon Weapons be added to achievements?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [203 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-03-30 12:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming necro!!!

When are they going to add the rest of the SoA missions and Coalitions to the list.

Can you guys lower the points for having a 99 job idk to 2,500 points, yes i read the post from 2009 about making changes to achievements blah blah.

Oh and people have been asking for Geo/Run mythics to be added, might as well add that in there.

Who we gotta pay to get it done?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2015-06-24 02:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancy and handbell Magic skill merits do not show up and do not give points.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-06-24 06:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering they get their info from the ls community and its always seems to be down whats the point. My profile has not updated in 3 months.
When i try to update my profile on guildworks it gives me a message saying it cant find my character on the official site.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-24 07:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is working fine, general profile anyway.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-06-24 07:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I have leveled up numerous jobs in the last 3 months and nothing is updated.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-24 07:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
I leveled loldrk to 99 on Sunday and it was updated by Monday morning.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-06-24 08:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
I leveled loldrk to 99 on Sunday and it was updated by Monday morning.
I guess the site doesnt like my character.
First Page 2