Forum » FFXIV » General » Parser Link
Parser Link
First Page 2
By tachikomas 2011-11-01 13:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

New Version 1.21_Dungeons:Download Link: BGParser

Required:

Java 6 install guide or direct download links

Choose FFXIV Log folder (in Win7 "C:\Users\<currently logged in user>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\user\<generated number for the specific character>\log")

Optional:

Target Monster is for only parsing dmg related to a specific monster (spelling must be correct).
ex: Typing "Ifrit" into the popup box will stop the parse when Ifrit is defeated helping give more accurate parse DPS.

Screen Capture Directory is the place where saved screen shots of the parser are stored and where the "Export Data To .txt" is saved.

Copy To Clipboard copy's the current names and DPS of each player and allows you a quick way to paste parse results into the FFXIV chat windows.

Export Data To .txt creates a .txt file with all the current parsed info including every players damage dealt, damage taken, healing, and detailed breakdowns for each WS. This is best for the number crunchers who want to thoroughly test specific gear/stat builds.

Show DMG Tool Tips check box is for EU users or anyone who has issues when running the parser where the main Damage done panel is glitching/lagging.

Always On Top check box forces the parser to stay visible on screen and on top of any other programs.

Clear Log check box is used for backing up your current log files to a named folder (date-time stamp + target monster) so that the parse can start clean. 99% of the time you want this box checked when you start the parser.

Pics- Main DPS tab:

Breakdown tab:

Healing tab:

Mousover Tool Tip:

If you find errors please post them, if you are lucky enough to parse someone who decided to name themselves after an NM or other such nonsense the parser will not work for you sorry.

Note: this does not read memlocs or anything against TOS it simply reads your log files after they are dumped out this makes DPS a difficult number to calculate, it reads the time stamps on the 4k log files that SE writes out, in a busy battle environment like Ifrit the logs write out very quickly so DPS is very close to perfect.

*If you are collecting data for stat/number crunching I suggest NOT using the target monster field and utilizing the handy export to .txt file button after stopping the parser when your test is done.

~Tachi Koma of BG
Enjoy!
[+]
By tachikomas 2011-11-01 13:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Reserved
 Fairy.Judgmental
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Judgmental 2011-11-01 13:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Much appreciated! Thank you for your hard work. :) I'll definitely give this a run through and let you know how it goes.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-11-01 14:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been using this for a few weeks, but I'd rather not be the how to guy, so can the OP please tell everyone how to get to the correct log file. And what clear log will do please.

New to me, what does "tank with intimidation" and Pugmanship do?
By goreysailor 2011-11-01 23:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks, been looking forward to this!

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\user\randomnumbers\log
By ShadowCadja 2011-11-02 07:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the parser!

But I'm having a few troubles, might be probably my laptop but after parsing any fight, the Damage done tab gets like "super laggy" or something, it doesn't show anything and when I pass my mouse over it it starts showing some stuff but all messed up, dunno how to explain this exactly, but all the other tabs work perfectly fine, here is a screenshot of what happens.

and one of the breakdown tab which works perfectly fine. o.O

If someone could help finding a fix for this would appreciate! ^^
By tachikomas 2011-11-02 07:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ShadowCadja by any chance are you from an EU country? I know my shell has someone from germany who has the same issues as you. I need log files to try and debug the issue but I so far I couldn't duplicate the issue myself so it makes it really hard to guess what the problem is.

As for finding the log files in win7:

"C:\Users\<currently logged in user>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\user\<generated number for the specific character>\log"

If you have several characters and you use macro's the log folder with the largest .mcr file (your macro file) is usually the main characters log folder. This folder doesn't seem to ever change locations.

Clear Log check box is used for backing up your current log files to a named folder (date-time stamp + target monster) so that the parse can start clean. 99% of the time you want this box checked when you start the parser.
By ShadowCadja 2011-11-02 08:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed I'm from EU, I can upload some log files for you if you want maybe?
By tachikomas 2011-11-02 08:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds good I'll take a look if you upload some files for me.
By ShadowCadja 2011-11-02 08:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.2shared.com/file/Un9GxPHv/Parser__2011-11-02_010002.html

These are the logs from the parser images I uploaded earlier, hope it helps. ^^
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-11-02 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

what does "tank with intimidation" and Pugmanship do?
 Remora.Sutien
Server: Remora
user: Sutien
By Remora.Sutien 2011-11-02 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice stuff, Tachi. I wouldn't expect anything less of you.
By tachikomas 2011-11-02 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said: »
what does "tank with intimidation" and Pugmanship do?

Tank with intimidation/pugmanship: I had a running emnity column for helping our tanks get a perfect rotation on Deepvoid slave in the DH pre 1.19 and the tank with pugmanship AKA "Seasoned Veteran" gets 18% emnity transfer from Accomplice vs 16% w/o the job afinity skill.

Since SE has re-written many of the formulas I took out this, I'll rebuild the parser w/o those for clarity today.
By tachikomas 2011-11-02 11:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ShadowCadja said: »

Could you try to re-parse the folder you linked by running the parser w/o checking the clear log check box, this lets you parser older log files.

When I run your log files I don't have any issues:
By ShadowCadja 2011-11-02 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried and same still happens. =/
By Calemero 2011-11-02 13:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DONT SAY WE NEVER DID ANYTHING NICE FOR YOU GAIZ >:(
[+]
By MalPal 2011-11-04 21:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How do i know whitch numbers folder is for my character ?
By BraxtonRyker 2011-11-04 22:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

tachikomas said: »
If you have several characters and you use macro's the log folder with the largest .mcr file (your macro file) is usually the main characters log folder. This folder doesn't seem to ever change locations.
By MalPal 2011-11-04 22:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty i got it !
By TheFatHousecat 2011-11-05 03:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You're such a pimp, Tachi.
By tachikomas 2011-11-17 13:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated the parser with some new features and a lot cleaner interface, now I use menu's to keep the client smaller. I added an option for people having issues with the damage done main dps panel. If you un-check the "Show DMG Tool-Tips" check box in the setup menu then it should fix your problems.
[+]
By Botsan 2011-11-20 20:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I always wondered about third party applications and the links between them and getting your account hacked. How do you guys check that you aren't allowing others access to your PC through the use of this kind of application?

Is it just because other people use it so it must be ok kinda thing?
By Katie 2011-11-21 03:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How cool! Took me a bit to figure it out but wow. How cool! nice guys thanks soo much!
By tachikomas 2011-11-21 07:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Botsan Bahamut said: »
I always wondered about third party applications and the links between them and getting your account hacked. How do you guys check that you aren't allowing others access to your PC through the use of this kind of application?

I used to MD5 the download links but no one was checking it anyway. The site that I host them on is secure (as much as anything else on the web like your email etc).

The nice thing with Java apps is you can EASILY extract the source code from a .jar by just using something like .7zip and browsing the files. Another thing that helps is I am in one of the most well known shells in FFXIV and being a part of BG means the parser is backed by a large well known well connected linshell.

Also it is impossible to create a keylogger in Java, that is one of the main reason I chose to use Java. I use the fileswap myself almost every day I post up new version from work (where I can't test since I dont' have ffxiv) and download them from home. I am just as concerned about safety as everyone else.
[+]
By ShadowCadja 2011-11-21 09:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi Koma said: »

I updated the parser with some new features and a lot cleaner interface, now I use menu's to keep the client smaller. I added an option for people having issues with the damage done main dps panel. If you un-check the "Show DMG Tool-Tips" check box in the setup menu then it should fix your problems.

It works fine now with that tip, thanks very much! =D
By eagleeyes 2011-11-21 14:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

OP pastebin the source code

oh wait, java....carry on
By Botsan 2011-11-21 17:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi Koma said: »
Botsan Bahamut said: »

I used to MD5 the download links but no one was checking it anyway. The site that I host them on is secure (as much as anything else on the web like your email etc).

The nice thing with Java apps is you can EASILY extract the source code from a .jar by just using something like .7zip and browsing the files. Another thing that helps is I am in one of the most well known shells in FFXIV and being a part of BG means the parser is backed by a large well known well connected linshell.

Also it is impossible to create a keylogger in Java, that is one of the main reason I chose to use Java. I use the fileswap myself almost every day I post up new version from work (where I can't test since I dont' have ffxiv) and download them from home. I am just as concerned about safety as everyone else.

Thanks for the explanation. It's something I had been wondering about since FF11 and recent reports from SE that the amount of unauthorized access had increased. Great point about JAVA, I learned something new, thanks.
By tachikomas 2011-12-09 10:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

New Update!!!!!!

*check the last post for updated download link*

Early materia conversion support, saved in file "C:\Users\myName\.BGParser\materia.txt"

If you open this file with Open Office or microsoft Excel you can import as .csv this lets you see the materia conversion like this:

and a filtered view:

What this does is allow you to run the parser afk in ul dah and collect conversion data on items. Then if you want to target a specific item you could find out which items most likely turn into the materia you want. Knowledge is Power :D
By tachikomas 2011-12-12 17:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

link to google doc from 5 days of ul dah's parsed item conversion into materia:

(around 900 items converted and logged)

Materia Parser Google Doc
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By tachikomas 2012-01-11 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

New parser updated,

Added some nice hit # tracking on the main dmg page which is the largest contributor to DPS. 2 players have different dps 99% of the time its the hit # as long as the players are on the same job. Also fixed the materia parsing feature since I broke it at one point in the last few weeks by accident. Added ifrit additional effect fire dmg tracking.
First Page 2