Bowl Of Embers (Hyper)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Calemero 2011-10-12 08:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, having something before someone is meaningless if you gave up something far greater to get it.

The only thing given up was time spent. We have plenty of time to spend so we didn't have to give up anything of true value at all! See how that works out? What's great is the fact that you did it in less attempts than us, yet it still took you 8 days to do it after patch (after a MASS flood of fight mechanic info had been leaked) and you STILL didn't beat someone who took over 100 tries. Welcome to 3 days behind. If you spent as much time on Ifrit as you did hating and crying over this thread I am confident you likely could have killed Ifrit before you did.

Man this thread got derailed so hard it makes me laugh. Ironically enough everyone else from MudbuttonInc have been chill and not massive trolls. Guess there's always one retard in every LS. Ours is named Thorontur Oglaf.

Also inb4 where is your short order achievement.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By Rapter 2011-10-12 09:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said: »
Quote:
The fact of the matter is, having something before someone is meaningless if you gave up something far greater to get it.

Man this thread got derailed so hard it makes me laugh. Ironically enough everyone else from MudbuttonInc have been chill and not massive trolls. Guess there's always one retard in every LS. Ours is named Thorontur Oglaf.

Also inb4 where is your short order achievement.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Buddhsie is angry we have an award named after him called:
The Buddhsie Award - Obtained by getting hit by the most easily avoidable tp moves. "Ifrit is sniping me!"™

We will have the achievement in short order. ¯\(º_o)/¯
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-12 09:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

See now this is the kind of banter I like to have on these kind of threads. We had a fail list where one of our members would tally up the number of plumes/eruptions people would get hit by and 100k goes to the ls bank per tally. (ofc no one paid up >:|)

Many trees were cut down :(
By Rapter 2011-10-12 09:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

See now this is the kind of banter I like to have on these kind of threads. We had a fail list where one of our members would tally up the number of plumes/eruptions people would get hit by and 100k goes to the ls bank per tally. (ofc no one paid up >:|)

Many trees were cut down :(

Thats awesome. Some jerk owes your bank 1.2m :o

How many "ON MY SCREEN I WAS OUT OF IT, WTFFFFF" 's were there? lol
By AquaRegia 2011-10-12 10:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The "on my screen I was out it" is very common because there is a 0.1 second lag just from the pure distance between NA and actual server, so your position on own screen is 0.1 seconds ahead of actual position on server under perfect condition (God, and anyone who dual box follow knows FFXIV servers are a little short of perfect) This is pretty noticeable and annoying as hell, esp considering you are hit by the 0.1 seconds penalty on seeing Ifrit WS also. Nothing can't be overcome but I wish SE would consider their server location before implement something that so heavily dependent on reaction time.
 Caitsith.Pebe
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Pebe 2011-10-12 10:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm marauder is a better tank on this? That is disheartening. I remember hearing a comment that block is useless on ifrit somewhere. Are all of his attacks unblockable and does that make ambidexsomething, aegis boon, deflection, etc useless?
By Calemero 2011-10-12 10:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Pebe said: »
Hmm marauder is a better tank on this? That is disheartening. I remember hearing a comment that block is useless on ifrit somewhere. Are all of his attacks unblockable and does that make ambidexsomething, aegis boon, deflection, etc useless?

MRD isn't necessarily the better "tank" as GLA definitely mitigates more damage but because MRD has comparable DPS now to other classes it is beneficial to main tank with one for the added damage. They can hold their own against a GLA for sure and we love using em to slice up bosses :D
By Filtiarne 2011-10-12 11:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Marauder Pride.
By Calemero 2011-10-12 11:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Filtiarne said: »
Marauder Pride.
[+]
By Filtiarne 2011-10-12 11:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome shoop is awesome.
By Jerihiri 2011-10-12 13:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

MRD isn't necessarily the better "tank" as GLA definitely mitigates more damage but because MRD has comparable DPS now to other classes it is beneficial to main tank with one for the added damage. They can hold their own against a GLA for sure and we love using em to slice up bosses :D

Also note that with GLA the kill is slower and thus more cures/stoneskins are needed from mages meaning more MP used. My LS has found MRD to be easier for us because of this reason.
By TheFatHousecat 2011-10-12 13:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

AquaRegia said: »
The "on my screen I was out it" is very common because there is a 0.1 second lag just from the pure distance between NA and actual server, so your position on own screen is 0.1 seconds ahead of actual position on server under perfect condition (God, and anyone who dual box follow knows FFXIV servers are a little short of perfect) This is pretty noticeable and annoying as hell, esp considering you are hit by the 0.1 seconds penalty on seeing Ifrit WS also. Nothing can't be overcome but I wish SE would consider their server location before implement something that so heavily dependent on reaction time.

The servers do suck but the only thing you can do is compensate for them :L Learn to read his body movements before each ability, figure out the quickest way to avoid getting locked in a void, or counting how many actions you can get off each phase in between Ifrit's abilities and go off of that.

And Rich talks about not getting payments, but he also has a few tally marks next to his name on that list >>
By aeruk 2011-10-12 14:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Asura.Carl
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carl 2011-10-12 15:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

so lancer does about 2-3k more dmg compared to a marauder on this fight correct?
By Buddhsie 2011-10-12 16:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

after a MASS flood of fight mechanic info had been leaked

You're such a hypocrite.

Oh and this string of words:

yet it still took you 8 days to do it after patch and you STILL didn't beat someone who took over 100 tries.

is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry for not being able to put my life on hold for a week after the patch like you, I guess that just makes you better at the game, being able to play more.
By Xeonerable 2011-10-12 16:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is starting to look like an SE official forum thread. :|
[+]
By Murdax194 2011-10-12 18:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Buddhsie said: »
after a MASS flood of fight mechanic info had been leaked

You're such a hypocrite.

Oh and this string of words:

yet it still took you 8 days to do it after patch and you STILL didn't beat someone who took over 100 tries.

is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry for not being able to put my life on hold for a week after the patch like you, I guess that just makes you better at the game, being able to play more.
Buddhsie wut are you even arguing for, we are the most egotistical cocky jerks on our server. like SRSLY GUISE!? you could make a black man blush buddhsie
By Buddhsie 2011-10-12 18:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to make people embarrass themselves, so far it's worked nicely lol.
By Raijin 2011-10-12 19:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

to me it sounds that youre just butthurt. Like everything if life, those who spend time reap the rewards. get over it.
By Scap 2011-10-12 19:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carl said: »
so lancer does about 2-3k more dmg compared to a marauder on this fight correct?

Our Mrd do the same as Lnc, but Lnc can stand out of range of Sear which makes lnc more usefull of this fight. Mrd tank is really good btw.
By Lavella 2011-10-12 19:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said:
Lastly the simple fact of the matter is you can do it in 5 tries or you can do it in 10 tries or even 50 tries but if you were able to beat us to the punch you would have.

If i could get 8 of the same hard core unemployed extremists with the patience to sit through that many fights for that long period of time on the sheer promise that they will feel uber being so quick to beat him, i'm positive I could. You wanna talk percentages? Whats the percent of ppl in game who have made that many attempts in that timeframe? I could tell by watching the video, how you got one dork getting overly excited outtalking anothers strategic direction that you guys are not as skilled as you would like to believe. lol.
 Fairy.Charitey
Server: Fairy
user: Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2011-10-12 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lavella said: »
Calemero said:
Lastly the simple fact of the matter is you can do it in 5 tries or you can do it in 10 tries or even 50 tries but if you were able to beat us to the punch you would have.

If i could get 8 of the same hard core unemployed extremists with the patience to sit through that many fights for that long period of time on the sheer promise that they will feel uber being so quick to beat him, i'm positive I could. You wanna talk percentages? Whats the percent of ppl in game who have made that many attempts in that timeframe? I could tell by watching the video, how you got one dork getting overly excited outtalking anothers strategic direction that you guys are not as skilled as you would like to believe. lol.

Umad?
[+]
By TheFatHousecat 2011-10-12 20:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

IN OTHER NEWS: Congrats to Semper Fidelis of Rabanastre on their first kill!
By Scap 2011-10-12 20:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!!
By ExDSeptu 2011-10-12 20:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, good job guys!
By Calemero 2011-10-12 20:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lavella said: »
Calemero said:

30th kill just went down - also you umidbro?
By Buddhsie 2011-10-12 20:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah the Umad defense, they have nothing lol.
By Calemero 2011-10-12 20:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You honestly think I'm trying to defend anything? haha. You're investing too much in thinking we actually care XD
By slipispsycho 2011-10-12 20:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You type up some pretty long, deceptively 'defending' posts for someone who doesn't care.
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-12 20:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said: »
You type up some pretty long, deceptively 'defending' posts for someone who doesn't care.

Decepticons roll out.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8