First Page 2
By Calemero 2011-09-06 03:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From the summer event.

a) Go to any Frontier Hub
b) Kill Moon-eared (R25) or Moon-eyed (R15) Mouse
c) ???
d) Get the U/U earring

I mean is SE seriously putting resources and time into stuff like this? This isn't even worthy enough to be put up on lodestone much less call it an "event".
By AkihaIris 2011-09-06 04:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the nuts! Those are.. so important.
By slipispsycho 2011-09-06 06:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't we have earrings that are more or less better when compared to that but equally useless?

Who the *** cares about elemental resistences.. You'd think SE would now by now they gotta have some stat points or DEF/ATT/Etc on it by now for us to give a flying ***.

I mean it'd be different if the item was useless but 'looked good'.. You can barely see jewelry..
 Midgardsormr.Redbun
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Redbun
By Midgardsormr.Redbun 2011-09-06 06:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Calm down. Much like the egg helmets, the later part of this quest could hold off opening up until towards the end of the month. Maybe when we start getting the content for 1.19 patch.
[+]
By sefirot 2011-09-06 07:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SE likes to waste their time on silly events
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-09-06 07:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an amazing reward for new players. It's a great rank 1 earring.

Why didn't people complain about the skanky rank 1 binikis? Oh wait, did I just say the word Bikini? Damn guess that's all that needed to be said for people to be interested.

Considering a lot of players are returning to the game as is, due to all the recent changes. It's nice that low rank players can actually benefit from things like this, as well as the Bikini's.

It's a quest that can be added to your list for people, and in the end it's just a new event. A new addition.

Sure it could of had a little more to do here and there, but they're still testing the waters. It's not like you're paying for the game. (lol)
[+]
By Petori 2011-09-06 07:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it has a hidden effect like Onion Helm, Asuran Armguards etc.
By Calemero 2011-09-06 10:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

you people expect too much =/
By sefirot 2011-09-06 10:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said: »
This is an amazing reward for new players. It's a great rank 1 earring. Why didn't people complain about the skanky rank 1 binikis? Oh wait, did I just say the word Bikini? Damn guess that's all that needed to be said for people to be interested. Considering a lot of players are returning to the game as is, due to all the recent changes. It's nice that low rank players can actually benefit from things like this, as well as the Bikini's. It's a quest that can be added to your list for people, and in the end it's just a new event. A new addition. Sure it could of had a little more to do here and there, but they're still testing the waters. It's not like you're paying for the game. (lol)

what about those who stick with game for all these time?

and bikini event was garbage too...
By Runic 2011-09-06 10:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of you don't seem to care about the stats on this but i will say one thing that is overlooked here is "Slot Cost: 1"
By Calemero 2011-09-06 12:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Runic said: »
Alot of you don't seem to care about the stats on this but i will say one thing that is overlooked here is "Slot Cost: 1"

If the stats were in anyway worthwhile I would 100% agree with you - but they aren't.
By Totobi 2011-09-06 12:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Redbun said: »
Calm down. Much like the egg helmets, the later part of this quest could hold off opening up until towards the end of the month. Maybe when we start getting the content for 1.19 patch.

Look, someone who thinks! :D
 Midgardsormr.Soki
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-06 12:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ok help please, so you kill one and get the "has valiantly slain a moon mouse during Hunter's Moon!" achievement, and get the earring to get the "has decimated the moon mouse population during Hunter's Moon!"?
??
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2011-09-06 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

k i got the earring but anyone kno wtf the nuts are for?
By Rescuer 2011-09-06 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Katie 2011-09-06 13:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are silly. It's just for fun. I like the item and i believe its the best 1 slot cost item in the game. It's def the best for lower ranks.

And it makes a great Christmas Ornament to use with our red bikini/santa outfit. I only have two Real complaints about this.

1) Why did they make only one earing, and then make it so we can't wear two?
2) Why doesn't these events ever have something for higher levels to do? Its always for like R20s. Give me a super mouse to fight, or killing a beast tribe camp in under 5min, or something.
By Katie 2011-09-06 13:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rescuer i want to hug you so bad. Lmfao!
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-06 14:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Y give this, every event should be repeatable every year.
Yes, i agree it's a start to something in the future but wtf.
No quest starter, no info on the rats. No info on why we might want the earring.
By KadeDoom 2011-09-06 15:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quest's like this are definitely for the new players, other then the achievements you can get for completion of it, these are worthless items of clutter that no one who has played the game since Sept. of last year would, or even wants to hold on to. You get an earring that won't be associated with anything down the road, just another slot in your retainer. I agree with some of you, this is a waste of time for the complete player, and SE really should concern themselves with issues like keeping existing players in the game. Make quests for the seasoned veteran. So far I've noticed that SE has not really added anything in here for higher level players, it's good they have the events in mind, but don't think they really spend time considering what level players there are in the game doing them.
If they really want some props, work more on company quests to add more seals into your stash, work on some high level side quests, figure out what they really want to do about the combat situation, fix enmity so a healer can cure without taking hate, basically work out more on the game mechanic side, and spend less time figuring out how the new players enjoy the game, and more time on how the over average player see's all these additions and changes. And seriously SE stop listening to new people saying the game is hard, you've taken the challenge out of the game, and made it so easy infants can level up in their high chairs.
[+]
By Katie 2011-09-06 15:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with everything you said except healer emenity or w/e. As a primary healer for raids i love the chalenge of mp and hate managment. If you have a healer getting all the hate, they need to chill and watch what they are doing.

I agree, im sick of SE dumbing/making things easier, taking away one of the few challenges i have isnt going to fix that.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-06 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

in less then 3 weeks the way to pt will be 8 -40s and an outside 50 killing the mob after claim.
The fact that PL will be part of the game system per Yoshi P will ***on all the grinding that has been done up until now,

Meh, kill some rats, get a rare/ex earring.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-06 17:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

killed 60 to get Onion Lotion (Trabia) has decimated the moon mouse population during Hunter's Moon!
and back ground is up now
By SniperRifle 2011-09-06 21:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

put some +9001 attack/acc materia on that earring. beef it up.
[+]
 Diabolos.Xeromus
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Xeromus 2011-09-06 22:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SniperRifle said: »
put some +9001 attack/acc materia on that earring. beef it up.

Just begs for it...

Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 09:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

cant materia rare gear... sorry
By MalPal 2011-09-07 09:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So when you say you cant materia rare gear does that mean you cant turn it into materia, equip materia to it, or both?

This would possible make crab bow better than a VS hehehe :p
By Calemero 2011-09-07 10:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Soki said:
cant materia rare gear... sorry

Quote:
Equipment with materia attached and materia itself can be traded.
However, as usual, "Untradeable" items cannot be traded.

This leads me to believe that R/EX gear cannot be turned into Materia via the Spiritbond system but that it can still have Materia attatched to it.
By MalPal 2011-09-07 10:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looks like that earring might have some use after all!
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/22261-Translations-%28French-English%29?p=320140&viewfull=1#post320140

Materia - Better than crafted gears? Socketing NM/dungeon gears

Good news everyone!

http://goo.gl/Be2Sq

The OP was saying that gears with materia would be likely to be superior than NM/Dungeon gears

Quote Originally Posted by Youmukon View Post
Bonsoir Nexxus !

J'ai posé une question concernant ce point précis à l'équipe des développeurs et il m'a été confirmé que bien que puissants, les objets améliorés via le système de matérias seront assez "équilibrés" face aux objets obtenus sur les monstres célèbres. (Ces objets ne pourront être améliorés)

Le nouveau système se veut "équitable" et les objets obtenus sur les monstres célèbres ne deviendront pas inutiles pour autant, loin de là !

I asked the question on this specific point to the dev and it was confirmed to me that, while powerful, the gears enhanced with materias will be balanced enough in regards to the gears from NM (these gears will not be able to be enhanced)

The new system aims to be "fair" and the items dropped from NMs won't become obsolete, far from it

3.マテリアクラフトとHQに関して
Regarding materia craft and HQ

武器/防具をマテリア化する際に、その武器/防具がHQかどうかは仕様上関係が無く、
武器/防具にマテリアを装着する際にも、通常の装着であれば、HQかどうかは実は影響がありません。
(マテリアを量産しようとした場合、NQ品の活躍の場はここにあります)
When materializing the weapon/gear, it doesn't matter if weapon/gear is HQ or not.
When equipping the materia to weapon/gear when it's regular attachment it wont affect if it's HQ or not.
(When mass producing materia, this is when NQ items come into play)

ただし「禁断のマテリアクラフト(仮称)」を実行する際、マテリアを装着する武器/防具がHQであれば、
その成功率や結果に影響を及ぼします。つまりかなりの「廃○仕様」(一応伏せ字)だということです。
通常のマテリアの装着までは、一般的で、ある程度誰もが可能なコンテンツ。
しかしその先にある究極を目指そうとすると、先鋭化していく、という仕様になっています。
(ちょっと喋り過ぎましたが、マテリアクラフトの詳細は今後別スレッドへ投稿しますw)
But when implementing "Forbidden materia craft (temporary name)" if the weapon/gear you will be attaching materia to is an HQ, the success rate or result will be effected. So it's really hard. (says "Hai____ Method" guessing Haijin - term used for hardcore, none sleeping players)
For general materia attachment, it's casual content where it's possible for anyone to do up to a certain point.
But if aiming for the ultimate goal past this, the method is to make it more intense.
(talked too much, regarding specifics for materia craft will post in different thread in future w)
By MalPal 2011-09-07 10:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad they are being fair! NM drops are fun but taking away crafters pride isnt! Yay thanks for info!
First Page 2