Efficient SCH Macro Set-up && More...

 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
565 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Efficient SCH Macro Set-up && More...
Efficient SCH Macro Set-up && More...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
Posts: 5281
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-13 06:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Misao said:
typing and curing is neat and all, but it sucks *** when someone in your pt (and if hes the Tank is worst) is named something like "Xxilolfunnynameherelololxx"

That's why spellcast is so great.
To cure5 someone with that name, you just type //c5 xilol
or xxi, or funny, whatever you want in his name.
It understands shortened down names ;)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
Posts: 1318
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-04-13 18:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
hmm noone?
 Hades.Triet
Offline
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
Posts: 1606
By Hades.Triet 2011-04-14 07:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
hmm noone?
I use INT on my Helices. Just because I was told to...don't remember who told me though...
 Lakshmi.Galith
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galadriel
Posts: 427
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-04-18 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If you want to get into some complex macro making you should get the hang of using the "/macro set #" command. What this lets you do is tie together macro pallets so your 10 pallets of 20 macros become 200 intertwined macros working off the same set.

in ctrl-1 and alt-1, of every set, I have my light arts and dark arts macros and this ties together the whole thing. Clicking the light arts macro takes you to the curing macros and clicking the dark arts takes you to the nuking. If I hit either twice it takes me to an enfeebling pallet with consideration to the art I'm in. Then inside the enfeebling pallet you connect it back to the original curing or nuking pallet so if you hit it a 3rd time you go back to curing/nuking. So that would be 4 macro pallets connected right there.

ex "/ja "Light Arts" <me>"
"/macro Set 1"

The base nuking pallet is Ice because that's my preferred element but there are storm spells along with nuking spells. The purpose of this is so that I can hit any of those storm spells and be taken to the pallet of that specific element. This allows me to keep the nuking pallet dedicated to 1 element but lets me swap elements by simply hitting my thunderstorm macro. This ends up taking the rest of your macros.

ex "/ma "Firestorm" <me>"
"/macro set 6"

When you're done you should have 1 curing pallet 2 enfeebling pallets and 1 nuking pallet that connects to your other nuking pallets.

ex.
set 1: Curing (/macro set 1)
set 2: Light Enfeebling (/macro set 2)
set 3: Dark Enfeebling (/macro set 3)
set 4: Ice nukes (/macro set 4)
set 5: Thunder nukes (/macro set 5)
set 6-10: ect Nukes (/macro set 6-10)


The trick is to have light arts and dark arts on every pallet to promptly switch to curing, nuking or enfeebling. If done right you will never have to select a pallet again you will just use light or dark arts or cast a storm spell.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
Posts: 736
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-04-20 15:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SCH macros are tough! Here's what I do.

I start in a lobby which has various links to different spell lines. I reserve almost all White magic to the Ctrl button and all Black Magic to the Alt button (with a few exceptions). So for instance to toss a Cure 4 to someone I will hit Ctrl-2 which brings me to the Cure 4 line. Once I'm there I have a macro for each party member (1-6) then the relevant strats that are influential in 7-9 (Rapture, Accession, Penury). The 0 key brings me back to the lobby. I devote each line of the book to a specific gear set, so i have lines dedicated to T5 nukes, T4 nukes, helicies, buffs, storms, enspells, barspells, Cure 4, Cure 3, etc.. Each line has the same format with 1-6 being devoted to the spells 7-9 to the strats and 0 bringing me back to the lobby.

I cannot relate to everyone how well this works!! I can get to ANY spell and be ideally geared for it in about 3 keys.

Hades.Triet said:
Nuking gear set:


All obis are valuable for SCH, as are all magian staffs. Twilight cape is better as well whenever it aligns so is a Zodiac ring. Aside from the mortarboard during ebullience, Hecate's Crown with out DD just about anything there is. Vicious Mufflers still take the cake for hands and Theurgia Clogs win out on the feet for total DMG potential. They are all worth investing in.

The storm/obi/cape/ring boost combined with the day makes for pretty impressive numbers all around and will definitely embarrass all but the very most elite BLM around when it comes to single target nuking.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
Posts: 2456
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-20 15:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Did not read the whole thread, so I apologize if it's been mentioned, but I do recall finding a nice macro guide that you can download. Let me look around.



Edit:

Link is at the bottom of this page, this is what I used before I evolved to manually hitting

//darkarts
//addendumblack
//ebullience
//thunder4
 Cerberus.Vaness
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: vaness
Posts: 1515
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-20 16:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Did not read the whole thread, so I apologize if it's been mentioned, but I do recall finding a nice macro guide that you can download. Let me look around.



Edit:

Link is at the bottom of this page, this is what I used before I evolved to manually hitting

//darkarts
//addendumblack
//ebullience
//thunder4
This looks more complicated then spellcast *head explode*

EDIT spellcast* wtf I think I really lost my head ; ;
 Asura.Catastrophe
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2148
By Asura.Catastrophe 2011-04-20 16:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Did not read the whole thread, so I apologize if it's been mentioned, but I do recall finding a nice macro guide that you can download. Let me look around.



Edit:

Link is at the bottom of this page, this is what I used before I evolved to manually hitting

//darkarts
//addendumblack
//ebullience
//thunder4
This looks more complicated then spellcast *head explode*

EDIT spellcast* wtf I think I really lost my head ; ;

The reality is, you end up utilizing only a few palettes the majority of the time, the rest becomes situational when you get comfortable.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1292
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-20 17:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
i need some help with someone adept at spellcasts and sch itself, i've wrote out my sch spellcast and took alot of things off the windower site such as the auto-strategem which i have like half of it disabled since finding some of them un-reliable and not wanting to work half the time (for example manifestation and accensions auto-gems hardly ever ever work)

i have some blm things in there as well that i neglected to take out due to the possibility of leveling blm one day and not wanting to re-write it.

all in all it's a hot mess, and some things dont work right, for example moon phase for ugg pendant/artemis sometimes dont even equip either and most of the time leaves artemis up regardless of moonphase.

sooooo yeah if anyone is up to taking a look at my 1000 line spellcast i'd be really happy to send it to you.
Offline
Posts: 670
By Inuyasha 2011-04-27 02:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
U might be able get a better head from trophys then Selenia Gomez cap. Maybe also use a mab club/shield combo to save room for nuking on non main nukes. Also out curiosity what do people favor on there helixs +int or +mab builds? oh and trying read that spellcast thing made my head explode X.x
im a nuuber and i do +skill :X and i usually get 200+ Helixes with Minikin/Monarch/Apoc......i havent tried Beyond on my SCH yet since i got it....but it should be AWESOME for cryo and lumino. Im really behind on my BLM and SCH..i need to finish these perp- staves so i can move on to MATK ToTM staves :/

but yea....i use Skill+ and ele obi's/twilight cape with appropriate staves and some INT gear. When iHelix i ALWAYS nuke by day+weather for maximum efficiency.....then i Modius and laugh as my merited helixes and modius eat away at the mobs HP like a fat slob at an all you can eat buffet!
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Greggles
Posts: 727
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-04-27 02:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Here's mine:

Macro book 1: (Light Arts)
CTRL:
Set1: 1(Cure2) 2(Cure3) 3(Cure4) 4(Regen III) 5(Refresh) 6(Haste) 7(book switch into Dark Arts) 8(Animus Augeo) 9(Animus Minuo) 0(Sublimation)
Set2: 1-5(enfeebles) 7-0(same as set 1)
Set3-5: (empty except for 7-0 same as set 1)
set6: 1-6, 7-8(storms) 7, 0(same as set 1)
Set7: 1-6(Barspells) 7, 0(Same as set 1) 8-9(Protect and Shell)
Set8: 1-6(Enspells) 7-0(same as set 1)
Set9-10: 1-6(empty) 7-0(Same as set 1)

ALT:
These are all the same for the most part: Stratagems will change based on the set
1-2(Sleep 1, 2) 3-4, 6-7(stratagems based on which set) 8-9(Gravity and Bind) 0(Heal) *On Set 6, ALT6 is Libra. ALT7 is a macro which contains both Addendum: White and Light Arts so that you don't need two macros.

Macro book 2: (Dark Arts)
CTRL:
Set7-1: 1-6 Nukes(Tier 5), 7(Klimaform), 8-9(Drain, Aspir) 0(Sublimation)
Set2: 1-6, 8,9(Helices) 7(Klimaform), 0(Sublimation)
Set3-5: 1-6(empty), 7(Klimaform), 8-9(Bio II/Poison II) 0(Sublimation)
Set6: 1-6, 8-9(Weathers), 7(switch to healing book), 0(Sublimation)

ALT:
The same as the other book:
1-2(Sleeps), 3,4,6,7(Stratagems based on which sets) 8-9(Gravity, bind) 0(heal)


I keep the alts the same that way I'm not flipping through the books trying to find spells I might need. I can generally switch between roles quickly enough - a few people tell me that this is a very convoluted way of macros, but I dunno. They work for me at least. XD
 Alexander.Inuyasha
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyasha
Posts: 38
By Alexander.Inuyasha 2011-04-27 02:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Here's mine: Macro book 1: (Light Arts) CTRL: Set1: 1(Cure2) 2(Cure3) 3(Cure4) 4(Regen III) 5(Refresh) 6(Haste) 7(book switch into Dark Arts) 8(Animus Augeo) 9(Animus Minuo) 0(Sublimation) Set2: 1-5(enfeebles) 7-0(same as set 1) Set3-5: (empty except for 7-0 same as set 1) set6: 1-6, 7-8(storms) 7, 0(same as set 1) Set7: 1-6(Barspells) 7, 0(Same as set 1) 8-9(Protect and Shell) Set8: 1-6(Enspells) 7-0(same as set 1) Set9-10: 1-6(empty) 7-0(Same as set 1) ALT: These are all the same for the most part: Stratagems will change based on the set 1-2(Sleep 1, 2) 3-4, 6-7(stratagems based on which set) 8-9(Gravity and Bind) 0(Heal) *On Set 6, ALT6 is Libra. ALT7 is a macro which contains both Addendum: White and Light Arts so that you don't need two macros. Macro book 2: (Dark Arts) CTRL: Set7-1: 1-6 Nukes(Tier 5), 7(Klimaform), 8-9(Drain, Aspir) 0(Sublimation) Set2: 1-6, 8,9(Helices) 7(Klimaform), 0(Sublimation) Set3-5: 1-6(empty), 7(Klimaform), 8-9(Bio II/Poison II) 0(Sublimation) Set6: 1-6, 8-9(Weathers), 7(switch to healing book), 0(Sublimation) ALT: The same as the other book: 1-2(Sleeps), 3,4,6,7(Stratagems based on which sets) 8-9(Gravity, bind) 0(heal) I keep the alts the same that way I'm not flipping through the books trying to find spells I might need. I can generally switch between roles quickly enough - a few people tell me that this is a very convoluted way of macros, but I dunno. They work for me at least. XD

you sir,are fukkin insane :/

i have one macroeset on my SCH for nuking and one for helixes..but you sir...
are extreme :D