Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17631 17632 17633 ... 22572 22573 22574
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 19:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No

We just aren't over here
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 19:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
That sounds impressive, It's like an intro into all the organized religions and spirituality of the world in fourth grade?

We start a bit earlier with Norse gods and then move on to Greek and then Roman. I remember Islam and Christianity from 4th or 5th grade
By fonewear 2015-08-04 19:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is more religion than all of the P and R section combined !

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 19:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We're Christian because we enjoy our traditions but no one goes to church. We baptize our kids, we get married and we bury our parents there but we don't go because we believe in God.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 19:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We go to church for stuff like this (December 13th) but that's about it. All schools have this as well

YouTube Video Placeholder

By fonewear 2015-08-04 19:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is a Christian on Christmas. I mean gifts and good food what more could you want !

You would be hard pressed to find a hardcore Atheist turn down a gift.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 20:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Approximately 2% of the church's members regularly attend Sunday services. According to a Gallup poll conducted in 2009, 17% of the Swedish population considered religion as an important part of their daily life.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-04 20:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As a long time fan of both series, I think this is pretty damn awesome.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/ki3-aug2015.htm

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 20:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wikipedia lol

Watch this

They also have more episodes about other things, might be interesting for you
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-04 20:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Of course, it was mixed in with history class. We learn about the Greek gods, Roman gods, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Norse gods, the nature type religions (Aborigines, Native Americans etc)

We also learn history at the same time.
That's interesting. I wonder when they started to do that? Time to hit my Swede friend (he's 35) on Skype.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 20:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me the time so I can look again

You have to keep in mind that these people are out shopping and running errands, they're not thinking about that stuff right then

Most people here don't think about it because god isn't a part of our daily life, we're also very private about it. We'll discuss it with friends if it comes up but people generally don't talk about it lol

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 20:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It varies from person to person, I'm sure you can go find people in the US or Canada who will give similar responses when they're put on the spot in the same way

They're also speaking English so it's more difficult for them to formulate their thoughts.

Comparing them to 5 year olds because they can't give a great answer in 10 seconds is very rude.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-04 20:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Wikipedia lol

Watch this

They also have more episodes about other things, might be interesting for you
That was a interesting video, I learned about Kopimism!
Everything else seemed to conform to what my friend has told me.

Btw Josi, I haven't watched Jon Stewart's vid (might do), but I've formed an opinion about his guest (based on previous interviews), Reza Aslan, that he's a big apologist. I mean, I don't feel that he answers questions in a honest way, in the sense that he comes up with his own interpretation and provide it as an answer (without making note of that). If you come across issues of sensitive nature I'll be happy to talk about them in PMs, lest we turn this casual chat of RT into P&R.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 20:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion, money, politics are three things you generally don't talk about here because it can turn ugly fast

Obviously people do talk about them but unless you're voting for the Sweden Democrats we don't judge

Which also means it doesn't really matter because it doesn't affect us in any significant way (or the friendship).
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 21:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Religion, money, politics are three things you generally don't talk about here because it can turn ugly fast Obviously people do talk about them but unless you're voting for the Sweden Democrats we don't judge Which also means it doesn't really matter because it doesn't affect us in any significant way (or the friendship).

if you had to say, your countries top weakness?

Canada is definitely the way the government and majority treats aboriginal people. They are trying and I can't say we're blameless either, and it's not like there is a book of "how to move past genocide of a people and become friends." canada can just read and master it instantly, so there are a plethora of problems that arise from forcing an indigenous people into an ultra modern society out of the blue.

No clue

As for our indigenous people I have no clue about them or their history because there aren't that many (~15000 in Sweden)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people

I guess we may have learned about them but I don't remember

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 21:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Swedish politics are extremely boring

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-08-04 21:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

capcom looking into RE2 remake, asking peoples oppinion
Quote:
Hello Resident Evil fans!
This is Capcom R&D Division 1!

First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.
Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we’ve been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.

However, as the team owns the RE brand, we’re not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-04 21:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He is a relatively progressive christian, not as much a "so-called conservative" christian as most of NA ones, but equally closed minded as most north america spiritual people sadly. I'm glad he was receptive of the heavy metal church because he would have been blatently hypocritical if he hadn't.

The musicians were acting like it was a typical performance for human paying fans and they were entertaining people, not singing praise and worship to a deity. That's why their body language was something he objected to; it detracts from the whole point of praise and worshipping a deity to diminish your voice like that etc
He seemed rather conservative to me. A creationist who believes in the Bible literally, and takes his religion seriously. How do you think the "typical conservative" would react to what was in the video?

I don't think that being firm about your stance or opinion always means you're "closed-minded". I think that a closed-minded person is one who refuses to even consider looking at things from another perspective, but an open-minded person might do so and still maintain his/her original stance, sometimes even more firmly. It's sorta like how I might understand why a criminal committed a crime, but that understanding doesn't equal justification.

Regarding heavy metal in church, he was talking from his perspective concerning churches, that they're places of worship, and that they should bring you closer to God by promoting concepts like humility, having a peaceful atmosphere, etc. The atmosphere there felt closer to that of a concert. Looking at it from his perspective didn't make much sense to me neither. He understands that the culture there accepts it, but he refuses to accept it, both based on what churches represent to each.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17631 17632 17633 ... 22572 22573 22574