Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17621 17622 17623 ... 22567 22568 22569
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-01 12:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I don't think there's a valid defense as to why there aren't more female characters
I'm a girl and still disagree with this.
Nothing says that a story of any kind must have at least one or more women, or one or more men, or gays, or black people, or whatever just cause if one category is missing everyone screams at sexism, racism, and so on.

A story has to fit itself, we can't always put a gay character in there cause otherwise some gay somewhere will get offended that there's no gays. And if the story is about a bromance then it is what it is and there's no reason why there should be main females.

This happens in so many contexts and it kinda bugs me..cue

Josiahkf said: »
but there was a pixar short film before it, and it featured an obviously male volcano and an obviously female volcano falling in love and was very well done. But of course people harped at them for choosing blatent gender roles

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-01 12:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're talking about XV it's not saying that women are bad, there are women in the story and they have important roles

They're just not in the main cast because he's supposed to be kinda awkward with women and the friends he grew up with are all guys and they go on a broventure together
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-01 13:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I don't think there's a valid defense as to why there aren't more female characters
I'm a girl and still disagree with this.
Nothing says that a story of any kind must have at least one or more women, or one or more men, or gays, or black people, or whatever just cause if one category is missing everyone screams at sexism, racism, and so on.

A story has to fit itself, we can't always put a gay character in there cause otherwise some gay somewhere will get offended that there's no gays. And if the story is about a bromance then it is what it is and there's no reason why there should be main females.
Oh, I didn't mean in that there should be diversity quotas to fill, but that the lack of diversity beyond male, white, straight guys is usually a symptom of poor writing. If a character could be arbitrarily switched with someone of a completely different background and still fit into the story, then they must not have had much of a background to begin with. Game makers are, for the most part, very weak writers.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-01 13:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
If you're talking about XV it's not saying that women are bad, there are women in the story and they have important roles They're just not in the main cast because he's supposed to be kinda awkward with women and the friends he grew up with are all guys and they go on a broventure together
Yeah understandable and nothing wrong with a story about 4 guys.

We've had 3 games with a female main character and all previous ones had mixed, it's not so bad to try something new with an all male main cast (but not all characters obviously)

Gender doesn't bother me as long as the character is written well, I just don't like how Lightning was written.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-01 13:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mind her design, I liked it

She just felt kinda blah and boring to me

Vanille did too but she was too much in the other direction personality wise

Fang was great imo
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-01 13:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
I would be interested if they made the new FFVII where you could of switched between Cloud and Lightning and see how the story kind of changes in parts.

But why would she be in it, she makes no sense

Why not switch between Cloud and someone else in the actual game
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-01 13:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be interested if they made the new FFVII where you could of switched between Cloud and Lightning and see how the story kind of changes in parts.
What the ***
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-01 13:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But why would she be in it, she makes no sense

Why not switch between Cloud and someone else in the actual game
Tifa maybe.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-01 13:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When I can't play a game I watch youtube story collections. Someone always post them for every game. That way you just go through the story like a movie.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-01 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In FFIV, at any point in the game if you change the pov character and open the menu you can see what that character is thinking about the current situation during the story.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-01 13:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I didn't mind her design, I liked it She just felt kinda blah and boring to me Vanille did too but she was too much in the other direction personality wise Fang was great imo
as someone who hasn't played any of them, is it worthwhile just buying 13-1 and going through once? or also are any of the extra bullshits also worth a playthrough to you?

or just plain "go read the wiki for the plot, move on to another final fantasy.'

I couldn't stand playing through the first one, first time I actually found the characters too annoying to play through it. Never had that in an FF before
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-01 13:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice to be able to play through the game as each character to get a more in-depth backstory for them.

Post deleted by User.
By Yatenkou 2015-08-01 13:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I stomached through the first game, I bought it, I'd beat it. But I'll never recommend that game to anybody while I am sane.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-01 13:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would go on a 10 pages essay about the whys and stuff about FFXIII, but I'll refrain.

Never question me about any FF or I'll never stop talking about it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-08-01 14:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dabilahro said: »
NA version harder than the original? : O
weird lol

The xp seemed slower on the US and so was the drops on chips and stuff.

On the JA, it took me less time to get past the first major parts of the game while on the US it seemed my party was weaker when actually I tuned them better knowing what I had to do.

Also the auto-button seemed to do more in the JA version while the US seemed it just did basic attack.
Similar happenstance with FFIV. In the original Japanese version which was supposed to be "vastly more difficult than the NA Easy Type" you had a plethora of items that did things for you that you wouldn't normally have access to until late in the game in the NA version. I.E. The firebombs and lightning bombs that Cecil uses in the airship intro, you can find in chests/off monsters. In the Japanese version Cecil as a DRK has Dark Wave, which eradicates the entire enemy side until about Octomammon. You find Lunar Curtains and such that let anyone cast Wall on themselves. Bacchus Wine for self induced Berserk. A few more things on the list I can't remember.

The only difference between the two other than the above, is that the Active status in the config menu in the Japanese version paces the enemies a second faster than the NA version. You can still set either version to wait, and negate what is an artificially inflated difficulty(like a difficulty setting).

Also, either version can be beaten in the Active setting with the same exact strategies, albeit, you can do things earlier in the Japanese version/a bit easier with the extra items that they took out of the NA release.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17621 17622 17623 ... 22567 22568 22569