Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17556 17557 17558 ... 22566 22567 22568
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-29 22:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Feddie starter MS are pretty cool. Nice selection of GMs.

And the result of my first 25v25 match... Can't unlock 50v50 until I'm a higher rank...

I was the only person on the Federation side, and there were 2 players on the Zeon side. Rest of the slots were filled by NPCs.
Might not have won, but still got top score for the match. :I

Can't wait to play some more tomorrow. >:3
By Kittykite 2015-06-29 22:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-06-29 22:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For Mag!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-06-29 22:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally finished my Sasuke's Blades zodiac stage. Now to work on the Zeta stage.

Maybe.

Ok, most definitely, but never again in WoD or ST.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-06-29 23:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
:| Opened another Sega Genesis 1, I think I might cut my losses and junk this one even though it was the version with the serial port but the case covered that port. But there's something that bothers me on this one..

Nothing on the PCB board or the RF shield, but the inside on the lid had this stain...

And then this.. It seems anything that would be associated with the power (+5V regulators, power switch) is burnt or rusted marks. I have a feeling this system had a soda dumped on it.

So... trash it or actually work on it as a project? :|

I don't see anything wrong with that. The brown stuff is solder flux. That just means someone tried to fix it and thought it was the power switch. Don't trash it.

Just today I repaired two of these systems (both were IC BD M5 VA3 USA) and on the worst one I had to replace the 315-5313 chip (video processor) along with the video memory. I have no clue why it would blow in such a way. Maybe the power supply got shorted on one of the two power rails and it caused a CMOS latchup (look it up on google, interesting read).

Here, the faulty video chip:

That brown stuff at the bottom around the same direction at the "SEGA" mark is brown goo which leaked from within the chip> I suppose it got hot and that is material which came from the casing as it cracked.

Replacing that chip (and the two "ZIP" package chips near it) made it work again. I used a hot air workstation to remove it
By Aelius 2015-06-29 23:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay, backread answers!

Asura.Schizm said: »
How did the bread come out? Greasy?

The bacon grease sort of sunk into it making it take basically like bacon grease. I didn't use any butter so, it didn't exactly toast the way I thought it would.

Kalila said: »
I would never make one myself, but if I absolutely had to...

I'd probably cook the bacon in the oven before even attempting it. Cook it at 350-450 until about 3 min before you'd normally take it out. Just slightly wobbly, just enough to wrap the bacon around what you're trying to wrap.

Lower the temperature the better probably, less chance to burn/overcook the bacon creating hard spots, and more of the fat can cook out. I cook bacon in the oven over a wire rack like this:

Defeats the purpose of having a quick process of making a grilled cheese sandwich. I kinda loathe using the oven unless I'm making a decent big meal.
By Kittykite 2015-06-29 23:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

requested from Kali
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-29 23:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I have finally settled on my new computer.
Had to change the Heatsink after a little more research heard it would block some of the memory slots, also followed the advise you guys gave about the SSD. Went for only a 500GB one instead of the 1TB one and changed brands since the Samsung one was 1/2 the price lol. Also changed to the Nvidia card after some research where I found out the card I had picked had noise issues.

Cost of the Behemoth = $1536
It should last a bit though.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-30 00:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-30 00:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the new MJ
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 01:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the items you need but I refuse to buy that <_<
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 01:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda want the ultima horns but I haven't seen it spawn

Also lol

Quote:
I have only run Netherreap so far, and I hated everything about it. The first boss nearly gave me a panic attack because I couldn't see anything, and that's one of my fears. Jumping into nothingness scared me because of my intense fear of heights. At one point in the dungeon the whole screen looked like it filled with water, which triggered my fear of drowning. Yeah, I have issues. The last boss took way too long. I had the minimum ilvl to get in, I had to run around too much and couldn't reach the boss most of the time... The whole thing was awful. I never want to go back.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-30 02:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn maintenance. Too excited about settling on a computer to sleep...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 03:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else feel like they're playing Star Ocean when doing Fractal Continuum?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-06-30 03:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I did yesturday but I didn't say anything (that stupid 1st boss)
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-30 03:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You let me die!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 03:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering what killed you lol
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-30 03:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Moving out of stuff is what losers do!
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-30 03:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I had a friend who once said "dodging is for pussies" 10 seconds before he got punched off the titan arena.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-30 03:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I had a friend who once said "dodging is for pussies" 10 seconds before he got punched off the titan arena.
A hero we won't soon forget!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 04:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 04:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"Just because it's not happening here doesn't mean it's not happening."

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aEzzWXx_460sv.mp4
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 05:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Jun. 30, 2015)

The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in "Thok ast Thok (Extreme)" wherein Ravana would only auto-attack under certain conditions.
・An issue in "The Bowl of Embers: Extreme" and during the Cerberus battle in "The World of Darkness" wherein the damage from certain debuffs was extremely low.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein it was possible to attack helpless monsters inside the cultivation capsules.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein ground-targeting actions could not be used in some locations.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein monsters could not be targeted occasionally.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein some of the bioculture node's actions would have no effect.
・An issue in "The Final Coil of Bahamut: Turn 3" wherein the debuff “Cloak of Death” lasts longer than intended.
・An issue in the FATE "Prey Online" wherein certain monster behaviors were incorrect.
・An issue wherein the elite mark Bune's actions were not triggering correctly.
・An issue in the main scenario quest "Fire and Blood" wherein camera control and field of view did not function correctly.
・An issue in the main scenario quest "Fire and Blood" wherein the NPC "Tataru" was not wearing the correct clothes.
・An issue wherein it was possible to accept the sidequests "The Courage of Nuts" and "Protecting the Pom" at the same time.
・An issue wherein it was possible to accept the sidequests "Who's Got the Baskets", "My Friend the Enabler", and "Back to Baskets" at the same time.
・An issue in the sidequest "Landing a Stable Job" wherein speaking to the NPC "Proving Grounds Guard" as a Disciple of the Hand or Disciple of the Land would cause the selection window popup to appear blank.
・An issue in the job quest "Original Sins" wherein NPCs from a different quest would appear on-screen.
・An issue in the job quest "The Green Death" wherein the map could not be opened occasionally from the Journal and Objectives List.
・An issue in the job quest "A Lesson in Patience" wherein text would not appear on the screen when acquiring the new action.
・An issue in the job quest “A Flare for the Dramatic” wherein unnecessary effects appear on certain characters.
・An issue wherein the warrior action "Raw Intuition" would cause the user to receive critical heals as well.
・An issue wherein bards would be temporarily unable to perform actions under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the white mage ability "Assize" would not restore MP under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the white mage action “Divine Seal” which affects magic only would also affect the ability “Assize”.
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Ley Lines" and machinist action "Rapid Fire" would affect the cast times for actions such as "Teleport" and "Return".
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Fire" would not trigger the "Fire III" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the ninja action "Suiton" would grant the effect even if it misses the target.
・An issue wherein the dark knight action "Dark Arts" would apply its effect to multiple actions used in sequence.
・An issue wherein the machinist action "Wildfire" was appearing in the wrong category in the damage log.
・An issue wherein the astrologian action "Celestial Opposition" would shorten buff durations, such as "Well Fed".
・An issue wherein the astrologian action "Benefic" would not trigger the "Benefic II" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein, if a character who has unlocked Patch 3.0 Duties logs on with a platform that does not have Heavensward play rights, queuing for a Duty Roulette would cause an error.
・An issue wherein it was possible to queue for a Duty Roulette: Expert with party members that did not have Heavensward play rights.
・An issue wherein materia effects of PvP equipment introduced with Patch 3.0 were active in PvE areas.
・An issue wherein company crests could not be added to certain gear introduced in Patch 3.0
・An issue wherein the Sightseeing Log would only display Patch 3.0 areas under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the quest levels displayed in The Unending Journey were incorrect for certain dragoon job quests.
・An issue wherein the flames effect from "Thok ast Thok" would appear upon moving into a housing area.
・An issue wherein sorting by "Auto-attack" on the Market Board would cause items to be sorted alphabetically.
・An issue wherein players were unable to discard the item "Sable Death Mask" if it was purchased from the NPC "Calamity Salvager”.
・An issue wherein text commands for the following actions were not recognized correctly:
JP version: Painflare
EN version: Ricochet / Scourge / Ascend / Painflare / Prune
FR version: Reassemble / Ricochet
DE version: Leg Graze / Time Dilation / Stone III / Fell Cleave
・An issue wherein certain text was incorrect.
・An issue wherein exiting the game in DirectX 11 mode in certain environments would cause an error. (Windows only)
・An issue in DirectX 11 wherein repeatedly pressing the "PrintScreen" button during Full Screen Mode could cause the controls to freeze. (Windows only)
*Due to the basic fix to address this issue in the Jun. 25, 2015 hotfix, the "PrintScreen" key could not be used on other software previously, but this current hotfix now makes it possible.
・An issue wherein pressing Alt + Enter in chat entry would cause the screen to black out and prevent you from playing the game.
・An issue wherein, if you change areas while you are typing text in the macro text edit field, the text remains on the screen. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein clicking the macro text edit field would prevent mouse clicks from being recognized. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein users were unable to move the typing carat in the macro text edit field via mouse click. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein changing the screen resolution with the mouse would cause the cursor to not appear in the correct position. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein attempting to change the screen resolution by selecting the same resolution as before would not cause the confirmation message to appear. (Mac only)
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-06-30 07:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
・An issue wherein the ninja action "Suiton" would grant the effect even if it misses the target.

there must be some shitty ninjas then, cuz ive never seen Suiton miss
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-06-30 09:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I just got laid off today, won't be able to work until the fall...
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-06-30 10:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind a break from work until autumn myself. Would leave me more play time for stuffs.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-30 12:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-30 12:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46887/xiv-official-response-on-bards-wanderers-minue#2924208

Wanderer's Minuet:
Development team is aware of the following:

Generally, DPS is larger when not under Minuet.
Bards' specialty of "Ability to attack while moving" is impacted when under Minuet, hard to see benefits of being in Minuet.
Unwieldy to change stances.

Due to the degree to which the above points are felt by the community, especially the first point (Less damage in Minuet), the development team is looking into changes.

They're looking to change the effect (but not increase damage too much), make it easier to switch between stances, and reduce the difficulty and general clunkiness with the current Bard.

Warden's Paean:
Generally treated as hard to use/low value, development team is looking into it.

Bloodletter Bug:
Fixed in hotfix.

Also a bit about waiting for player feedback from Alexander before committing any further changes
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-30 12:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila's thread about Wanderer's Minuet being in chatterbox reminds me, I need to fix it so threads from both games will show up on both front pages (as a setting? by default? thoughts?).
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-30 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it needs to be a user setting, something you can see easily and not burred in the options menu where 90% of people will never go and check.

Front page options for news / forums [x] XI [ ] XIV for people who only want XI news. or [x] XI [x] XIV for people who want both.

There is a lot more activity for XIV atm, so for the people who don't care about XIV it would be a very unwelcome change if we suddenly started having discussions over XIV.
First Page 2 3 ... 17556 17557 17558 ... 22566 22567 22568