Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17448 17449 17450 ... 22567 22568 22569
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-30 12:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know much about AMD CPUs? I had to compromise and select one for what I'm building (still haven't bought it) because as much as I wanted an I5 or I7... they were driving the price up way too much. All I really know about AMD is that they get hot easily, but with all the cooling I'm getting I'm hoping that won't be a big deal. It's just so... suspiciously cheap >_>.

Exact model: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-30 12:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
Anyone know much about AMD CPUs? I had to compromise and select one for what I'm building (still haven't bought it) because as much as I wanted an I5 or I7... they were driving the price up way too much. All I really know about AMD is that they get hot easily, but with all the cooling I'm getting I'm hoping that won't be a big deal. It's just so... suspiciously cheap >_>.

Maybe try another site? Isn't newegg pretty cheap?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-30 12:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the down side to getting the part from another site, is then I'd have to do pretty much everything that way (can't buy custom made without a cpu).

My main question was, is there any obvious downsides with the CPU I mentioned? On paper it looks better than some of the cheaper I5s on newegg as well as some of the stronger ones. With 8 cores and 3.5Gh/z I'd have no problem doing this instead of an I-series, just want to make sure I'm not making some huge oversight with it though.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-30 12:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Bismarck.Patrik said: »

You better read up on it, i am seeing tons of overheating and unstable overclocking issues on it off google search.

Seems people are saying it's hard to find a good motherboard for it and that some bios don't do the temps right.
Yea... seeing a bit of that on the heating as well. I do have a alternate liquid cooling selected instead of AMD's heatsink, which sounds like trash, so I would hope that would help...

Interesting to hear about the issues with motherboard though, personally don't know motherboard stuff very well... guh! I just want the damn thing to not break ; ; /grumblegrumble.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-30 12:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking maybe I should clean. Yay for cleaning!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-05-30 12:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, got the wings done.
Just need to do the Twin Buster Rifle and the shield, then onto the Flame Feder custom kit.
Wish I'd bought two of those when I had the chance; *** went out of stock right away.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-30 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You should put some glitter on it, make it a Twilight Gundam
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-05-30 13:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd get either an i7 4790k or a 5930k myself.

Leaning more toward the 4790k as I don't really know how well the six core cpu's perform in comparison to an OC'd 4790k.

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-05-30 13:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw yus.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
You should put some glitter on it, make it a Twilight Gundam
No. Bad bear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-30 13:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-30 14:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The additional action classes for dark knight are gladiator and marauder. There is a switching action into tank mode called Grit Stance. During this stance, damage taken and damage dealt are reduced, while enmity generation and accuracy are increased. This would be a skill that you would always want active while main tanking.

From there, there's an opening weaponskill called Hard Slash, an enmity-generating weapon skill called Spin Slash and an enmity-generating weaponskill called Power Slash which draw hate as a three stage combo. There are also buffs and debuffs which can be applied such as a DoT called Scourge and a buff called Shadow Wall which reduces damage taken.

Low Blow is a single target technique to jump and attack the enemy (with a Stun effect) with a cool and unique kick animation. Additionally, Dark Knight has a variety of abilities including single target (Unmade) and AoE magic (Unleashed) that can increase enmity.

Salt the Earth is a ground targeted AoE skill positioned with the cursor which has a non-elemental magic attack that hits targeted enemies.

Additionally, there are multiple combo paths which have different special effects depending on the route. Some of these have MP recovery at the second stage so they can also be effective as two-step combos such as Hard Slash to Siphon Strike. After Siphon Strike, it's possible to continue with Soul Eater (HP absorption based on damage taken, with the amount depending on certain conditions) or Delirium Blade. The combo has a debuffing effect which weakens the enemy somehow - the effect was still undergoing last minute adjustments.

The basis of dark knight which we'll describe in more detail below, and the element which will require the most skill, is utilizing the Darkness technique which consumes MP and balancing it with MP recovery techniques.

Blood Price is a MP recovery technique which allows the dark knight to recover MP when attacked. There's also an action which allows the dark knight to recover MP from his own attacks.

The Darkness action that makes a dark knight a dark knight is learned at level 30. However, this state consumes MP for increased damage and things like Mage's Ballad will have no effect (Yoshida said "you cannot be aided by others"). It's also possible to stack this with Grit Stance and since your natural MP recovery is higher than the MP consumption when you're out of battle, you should pretty much have it on all the time. Although you become stronger in this state, you'll become stronger still when you utilize Dark Arts which consumes large amounts of MP.

There are powerful new abilities that can only be used while using Dark Arts, and these will be used often. However, since MP consumption is considerably increased with Dark Arts, the margin for optimal play will be much tighter. Dark Arts does not raise attack power itself, but raises the power of individual actions or adds special additional effects when the actions are used. For example, while using Dark Arts, the weaponskills Soul Eater and Abyssal Drain are enhanced with the additional effect of absorbing HP. The defensive buff Dark Mind receives an increased amount of damage reduction.

The new Living Dead corresponds to Holmgang from Warrior, but the name suggests a slightly different effect which will set it apart. Please check this out for yourself.

For main tanking, the flow of battle will be to activate Darkness, set Grit Stance, grab the enemy with a single target magic attack, and then close the gap with Plunge Cut. From there, while earning hostility you can perform various combos interwoven with the Dark Arts state.

Actually, that series of actions should get you through the new instanced dungeons and high rank monster hunts without any problems once you understand the mechanics.

By the way, we also got a glimpse of the new level three limit break for dark knight, Ruinous Omen. An ominous black sphere is created, but we weren't allowed to publish any more details in this article. The level three limit breaks will be among the information that gets gradually released prior to the game going on sale, so hang on and look forward to that day.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-30 14:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Well, got the wings done.
That's what I was expecting to find. In my opinion, that would have been way better.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-30 14:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin hits you for 22633 damage.
You are defeated by Odin.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-30 14:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... based on more research and the such it looks like I'll be sticking with AMD. Decided to jump from 8320 to 8350, extra $30 for an extra 500 Mh/z, and falls just slightly behind I7s but for as much as $100 less the price. The cost I'm getting with this amd build is 25 cents below my budget xD so perfect in that sense. Also compared prices all around the net, considering markups and buying parts separately, I-series would still be a bit too much. Though the only major loss here is the power consumption and heating from AMD, but I have a good cooling system lined up, and based off of friends with similar cpus, it should be okay.

CPU should compliment GPU pretty well too (gtx 970)

I think I'm writing this more so to convince myself than anything >_> but this looks like it will be a damn good rig for just under 1.2k including shipping, monitor, W7, etc.

Thanks Schizm and Mr. Bear for the advice and assistance!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-05-30 14:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Played about an hour into Witcher 3, and so far ... I like it D:

Probably will play it more tonight, I should probably get back on xiv... I got a mysterious tell this morning that told me I can't play any other games.

Oh well :3
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-30 14:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sloths are one of the cutest animals in the universe!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2015-05-30 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
Sloths are one of the cutest animals in the universe!

You're damn right they are.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-30 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

and then there's this one lol

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-30 16:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know any push to talk headsets for PS4s?

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-30 16:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Those commercials don't sit well with me, we got a horse and a beautiful woman and the horse is talking about being asked to get into "show business" while in Tijuana.

I'll let you figure that out.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-30 16:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to the recent conclusion that I can no math gud. Looks like I can get an i5 with a fitting MB with this build for pretty much the same cost... "slower" cpu, but infinitely better reviews. Yaaay intel.
First Page 2 3 ... 17448 17449 17450 ... 22567 22568 22569