Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17446 17447 17448 ... 22568 22569 22570
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-29 20:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I still have my NES and SNES. I lost nothing!
My NES started doing that blinking thing, I DID keep my Legend of Zelda cartridge though. I don't know what happened to the rest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-29 20:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Did you get to meet Margaret yet Kojo?
I'm still alive, ain't I?

No, raining too much to work so no new games and my Wii sensor bar is messed up.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-29 20:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, which gaming console was your first? The NES days were probably over when you started gaming :)
By Jetackuu 2015-05-29 20:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
My NES started doing that blinking thing, I DID keep my Legend of Zelda cartridge though. I don't know what happened to the rest.
you can always take it apart and clean the contacts, there's videos/guides etc.

Just make sure you don't do what I did and put it back together so well that it's too tight and requires the cartridge to be pressed down to function.

Or one could always get a top-loading NES, I guess I SHOULD sell mine, but I don't wanna.

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Did you get to meet Margaret yet Kojo?
I'm still alive, ain't I?

No, raining too much to work so no new games and my Wii sensor bar is messed up.

My plug got messed up about a year ago, so I replaced the bar with this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018QOWEU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It works fine, and is dirt cheap.

Once you get that fixed, you could always put emulators for NES and SNES on the WII if you softmod it, it's rather easy to do, I'd just have to look up which method based on your version of firmware.

If you can format an SD card you can hack a wii.

(only other real trick is once you get the recurring cfw to boot is to just load the homebrew channel and download what you want, some things I believe you still have to download via PC and put on the SD card though and manually load, like some of the channel loaders for some of the emulators, iirc or unless they changed it).

I have my games on a hard drive too, so I don't need the discs (technically don't have many discs, but hey).

It works so well I set one up for my friend and nephew too, and my nephew plays it all the time, friend keeps breaking it, I need to show him how to fix it. (I think he just manages to change the load path for the roms and doesn't know where to go to get them back, and I forgot to fix it the last time I was over there).

Using a classic controller for roms is really only beaten by the original controllers in most cases.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-29 20:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I caught the Kali bug.

Managed to get Twitch on my PS4 working. Not sure if I need to do anything else but its streaming.

Got an error and a heavy lag spike with it earlier so not sure if I have something wrong or not. Will be testing it out off and on.

Anything else I should take care of here Kali? You seem to be knowledgeable about this >_>
I'm not sure what the default streaming settings are, but if your connection speed is so-so, you can lower the quality of the stream from the PS4 menus.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-05-29 20:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiah shouts haven't been updated in a day
By Fyyvoaa 2015-05-29 20:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
you could always put emulators for NES and SNES on the WII if you softmod it, it's rather easy to do, I'd just have to look up which method based on your version of firmware.

I once wanted to do this, but I tried to look it up and got a bit confused, cause I found like 7 different conflicting guides.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-29 21:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-29 21:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-29 21:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

20,000 :o

Kojo suggested that I curse and say the F-word for my 20K post, so as much as I hate to do it...

fudge :Q

Not that I like fudge very much, just in very lil quantities at a time I guess. Too rich for me :P

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Just curious, which gaming console was your first? The NES days were probably over when you started gaming :)
My dad loved NES, absolutely loved it. He would spend his entire time off work spending his time with me, and I remember when he introduced me to the NES. He put in Super Mario Bros 3, and I just smiled and looked at the cute little characters on the screen. Then he showed me Kirby's Adventure. I was in love, those little 2D characters just made me so happy. Out of all the things he did with me, before he passed when I was 10, I think our time on the NES and SNES were my fondest memories as a kid. Just sitting there with my dad, happy, playing Donkey Kong was amazing. I still have that NES, still works, just need a lil bit of cardboard under the cartridge :) but I hold on to it because of him, along with a few other gifts he gave me when I was little. Nothing in the world could get me to let go of those.

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I caught the Kali bug.

Managed to get Twitch on my PS4 working. Not sure if I need to do anything else but its streaming.

Got an error and a heavy lag spike with it earlier so not sure if I have something wrong or not. Will be testing it out off and on.

Anything else I should take care of here Kali? You seem to be knowledgeable about this >_>
I'd check your upload speed. With me, I seem stable enough at High quality. I can do Best HD, but at some point the quality quits on me and the stream ends or freezes up. Try lowering the quality settings, there really aren't a whole lot of settings on the PS4 for streaming unfortunately.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-05-29 21:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Might stream me tinkering in creative mode on minecraft tomorrow, trying to make some kind of weird dungeon house thing lol.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-05-29 21:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »
Might stream me tinkering in creative mode on minecraft tomorrow, trying to make some kind of weird dungeon house thing lol.
i still need to get ya in my world to build stuff lol
By Fyyvoaa 2015-05-29 21:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
i still need to get ya in my world to build stuff lol

gonna be on anytime tomorrow?

As long as i'm not dead *** tired from today (and honestly MC I don't need to pay much attention on, which is why I like it lol... I will probably be on unless I have a bad headache or something...)

I'll either be on MC, FFXIV, SWTOR or Wildstar tomorrow for the most part (I've been itching to progress more on wildstar, I just haven't really because I get overwhelmed with all the quests lol... just bleh... I like the game but they inundate you with quests <which I guess isn't bad?> )

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-29 21:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Coincidentally, I think I helped make your 20,000th post kinda special (at least in a better way than Kojo's :p).

Thanks for sharing your story, Kali. Maybe others already knew this little background story of yours, but I didn't. And it's always nice to get to know more about nice people like yourself :)

For me, the most important keepsake I have of my mom is my little sister (who's your age).

On a side note, my dad absolutely hated video games lol...
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-05-29 21:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Will finish the wings and weapons another time.

Not sure if I wanna do a custom colour scheme on this or just go with the original; I like it a lot as it is. And dyeing the clear parts would be a pain anyway.

And sorry for the bad picture; don't really get good light in here at 4am.

Edit:
Also

Soon.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-29 22:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
ffxiah shouts haven't been updated in a day

I think they're broken, I'll talk to Scragg about working on them and then keep you guys posted.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-29 22:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

1954 Studebaker Commander

Ohh, I want one!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-29 22:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
2016 Toyota Supra...

That does look pretty badass. I took a liking to Studebakers, I dunno why but I just kinda like them.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-29 22:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked my gf not to get me clothes for my birthday.\

She got me clothes ... :|

Did anyone else think about the episode of That '70s Show where Eric asks for a cassette player instead of an 8 track and he repeats it numerous times, but Red and Kitty end up getting him the 8 track anyways?

No...? Just me?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-29 22:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That does look pretty badass. I took a liking to Studebakers, I dunno why but I just kinda like them.

Atleast it's not a 1961 Lincoln Continental...
I don't like the design of those, the front just looks blah to me.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-29 23:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast it's not a 1961 Lincoln Continental...
I don't like the design of those, the front just looks blah to me.

Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theatre; Kennedy was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald in a Lincoln Continental automobile, made by Ford.
Ah, right. I just dislike the look of them.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17446 17447 17448 ... 22568 22569 22570