Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17411 17412 17413 ... 22566 22567 22568
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-24 22:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-05-24 22:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kira Samishii said: »
I need more pop

[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-24 22:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-24 23:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://soundcloud.com/playstation/transistor-we-all-become
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-24 23:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit Kali now I can't stop listening to these songs.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-24 23:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-05-25 00:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

God *** damnit, I'm so sick of this absolute garbage internet. Whoever thought it was a good idea to lower our speeds at work needs to be hung up by his balls and whipped furiously. Then drug down the highway by his ***.

Showing a connection of 1mbit. Can't even *** watch a movie on this ***without it buffering every little bit. Even if I pause it for 5-10mins, it will just buffer again in around 3mins.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-25 00:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You're complaining about your work internet being too slow to watch movies?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 00:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Who has time to watch movies at work?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-25 00:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People not, you know, working
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 00:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could just gander at my phone while working but... no time to even do that. Ugh!
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-05-25 01:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My 8hr shift consists of about 2hrs of actual work. The rest is just sitting around waiting for a potential guest to come in. Most nights I'm just sitting here with almost nothing to do.

When I started this job over 2 years ago, the manager asked me in the interview if I was good at occupying myself and able to stay up all night. She even suggested I bring a laptop to help keep me busy and awake.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-25 01:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, that sounds like the worst job ever. I'd rather do almost anything, than sit around doing nothing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 01:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
My 8hr shift consists of about 2hrs of actual work. The rest is just sitting around waiting for a potential guest to come in. Most nights I'm just sitting here with almost nothing to do.

When I started this job over 2 years ago, the manager asked me in the interview if I was good at occupying myself and able to stay up all night. She even suggested I bring a laptop to help keep me busy and awake.

I want your job. I would get a lot of work done for myself.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-05-25 01:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence why I have my laptop with me. Can watch TV (usually/used to) or play some games (ones that can be paused at any moment).

It's a lot better IMO than having to work yourself to death every day at some ***-tier place like Walmart, McDonalds, etc. Better pay than the majority of those types of places too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 01:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I work at a Japanese facility for assembly work. It's assembly production to reach a certain astronomical number in a certain period of time.

Wish I had the time to even think at times while working.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-25 01:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Holy ***, that sounds like the worst job ever. I'd rather do almost anything, than sit around doing nothing.
One of the things that makes me furious is doing nothing while getting paid, being completely serious. Why should I be on the clock if I'm not going to contribute.

I'd rather quit a job and find something else if I'm not going to contribute, I don't really care how much it pays, at least for what I'm qualified for atm. Nothing ticks me off more than seeking people stand around chatting when there is stuff that could be done.
By volkom 2015-05-25 01:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Whys the rum gone D;
By volkom 2015-05-25 01:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post wtf >_>
I hate being idle and getting paid.
Like a villager in age of empires. Getting all this gold and wood but doing nothing:|
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-25 01:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
One of the things that makes me furious is doing nothing while getting paid, being completely serious. Why should I be on the clock if I'm not going to contribute.

I'd rather quit a job and find something else if I'm not going to contribute, I don't really care how much it pays, at least for what I'm qualified for atm. Nothing tics me off more than seeking people stand around chatting when there is stuff that could be done.

I'm a programmer for a consulting company. There are times where I'm sitting around waiting for a client to deliver something for us to work on, and depending on the specifics of the contract, that waiting is billable time. I hate billing for that, because I'm not actually working on anything, but it mostly acts as a "get your ***together" tax for clients who like to dither and fart around.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 01:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So... I'm the only one who wants a job that I can sit around and do nothing? I'll gladly bring my laptop to do what I want to do at home because sometimes I have no time to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-05-25 01:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

To me, the worst jobs ever are ones where you actually do have a lot of work to do. Jobs that have so much work you can't even think straight half the time tend to cause a lot more stress, and stress is something I don't need. It's usually what causes health problems and unhappiness.

Kalila said: »

I'd rather quit a job and find something else if I'm not going to contribute, I don't really care how much it pays, at least for what I'm qualified for atm. Nothing ticks me off more than seeking people stand around chatting when there is stuff that could be done.

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I'm not sitting/standing around doing nothing when there IS work to be done. I just have so little work to actually do in a night. Once I take care of the daily audit, my other responsibilities are to clean (which is taken care of in like 15mins), and to check any guests in to the hotel. If no one walks in, then I don't have anything else to actually do. And lets be honest, not many people walk in at 1-6am.

Also, I actually love being able to get paid while doing nothing. Money is money, how it's acquired makes no difference to me. So if I can get paid more for doing something easier, you bet I'm gonna take it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 01:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So... Hotel Clerk is that job. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2015-05-25 01:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes the day go by much quicker if I'm not sitting around doing nothing. There are those days that I wish I had nothing to do though. I'm just glad I have a job where I don't have to take work home with me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-25 01:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Money is money, how it's acquired makes no difference to me

Jobs that don't challenge you or require effort also have no room for personal growth or advancement, which means that money is going to be capped below your true potential.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-25 01:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't directed at you, /venting from some certain people at work is all.

*grumbles*

also, it's just my personal preference to be a contributor.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-25 01:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I'm told by my boss at work that I'm a great employee when numbers are needed.

Even the Japanese higher ups are starting to talk to me more often now. They don't usually interact with employees but they do with me for some reason.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-05-25 01:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
So... Hotel Clerk is that job. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hotel Night Auditor to be exact. Which how busy it is can/will depend on the area and what hotel. We're a higher end hotel in a smaller area so we don't get every traveler coming in off the road.

Also, we don't allow locals to stay here so that helps.

Money is money, how it's acquired makes no difference to me

Jobs that don't challenge you or require effort also have no room for personal growth or advancement, which means that money is going to be capped below your true potential.

True, I'm not really challenged a whole lot at this job. However, I do end up fixing quite a few mistakes made by others during the day. I'm essentially the person who double checks everyone's work and makes sure it's done right, and if not then I fix it.

I also have to know the finer details of the back-office paperwork/accounting and how to read the statistical analysis reports of the guests we get. (Where the people are coming from, what they are here for, etc.) Then determine whether or not certain companies that stay with us a lot deserve a special rate in order to increase overall occupancy, and continued business with us. Which, once you do all the training and get used to it, isn't so bad. Have to fly/drive to Memphis every few months to the quarterly meetings and learn the new ***that they come out with.
First Page 2 3 ... 17411 17412 17413 ... 22566 22567 22568