Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16664 16665 16666 ... 22568 22569 22570
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 10:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: sweet, paged!

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-05 10:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-05 10:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
This.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-03-05 10:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Class today I had another genius sitting next to me:

"hey hey! Did you get that?"
"yes, it's bla bla bla.."
"oh!! thanks!!"

2 minutes later..

"is she still talking about that thing?"
"no, this is about xyz.."
"ahhh, I c I c!"

30 seconds later..

"aw man I didn't understand.." *turns towards me*
*sighs and explains*

went on whole class.

And again on the following one.
Reasons I either sat in a tiny corner up front, or in the most secluded corner I could find in back. ._.;

Or maybe...He could have been trying to find an excuse to talk to her, and she wasn't picking up what he was laying down. Just saying...

:/

Anna Ruthven said: »
This.

Thirdededed!
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-05 10:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Or maybe...He could have been trying to find an excuse to talk to her, and she wasn't picking up what he was laying down. Just saying...

:/
This seem very far fetched...
Buuut, I am often told I have absolutely no "game..."
So I guess it's possible, but it seems a little...sad?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 11:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a heterosexual girl. And we were in the middle of class, with me desperately trying to follow the lesson.

So I doubt it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-05 11:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for sads

Today in Brazil this dog was put into a trashbag and thrown into a river... It was rescued by another dog

Man holding his dog who died from smoke inhalation in Cape Town. Picture taken after firefighters brought her out.

[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-05 11:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Time for sads

Sads overload

Regarding the Xenoblade ROM I was looking for, I found this.

And if I did everything right, I need the "extra blocks" OP mentioned in the main post. Correct? I have no idea what I'm doing xD

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-05 11:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Never gone to that much trouble with a game before, it either came in a bunch of rar files that became 1 after unpacking or an iso
By Darkalenia 2015-03-05 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Never gone to that much trouble with a game before, it either came in a bunch of rar files that became 1 after unpacking or an iso

Me too, I've never done this method before.
This one was a bunch of rar files, 17 files of 400MB each, and apparently you use a PAR2 file to repair it and make it functional and it puts it all together.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-03-05 11:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Always, always flush BEFORE using a toilet in Australia...

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-05 11:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna upload a game, make it easy for the user lol

Just seems like too much work
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-05 11:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you ever go to Australia

*** that place, too hot and too many things that want to kill you
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-05 11:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you ever go to Australia

*** that place, too hot and too many things that want to kill you
Same reason you would post horrible things happening to dogs. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT DRAC!
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-05 11:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Success!

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-03-05 11:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Harassment Reports: What users believe should happen vs. what actually happens.

What users believe should happen:
-Harassment Report-
Quote:
Man, come on now you must be crazy if you believe that.
Action: Post is deleted, poster is permabanned, hogtied, castrated, and thrown in prison for 3 months.
Reason: "He called me crazy."

What actually happens:
-Harassment Report-
Quote:
Man, come on now you must be crazy if you believe that.
Action: Report Dismissal
Reason: That isn't harassment and let's face it, you must be crazy if you believe that's what happens.
You guys should include a "well off topic" or "injecting topic where doesn't belong" button in the report feature.

Like how some people go on a rant about political parties in a thread about social situations.

Although, I may be guilty of it from time to time, at least I keep it in the scope of the topic at hand.

The problem with this is any thread will meander off topic several times if it's long enough. I was on a board before where they tried to force *** topics. It died. There is a method of trolling where people will purposely change the topic only a few posts in. That should be taken a look at I think it's good balance.
Natural progression off topic because of the discussion of several related topics is one thing.

Going from a social issue to a completely different political issue is another.

I think the moderators will understand and determine when somebody forces a topic just for the sake of forcing the topic.
Meh.
The point of having a forum (at least a topic-oriented one) is to have a discussion. We're not trying to save the alliance, so there isn't necessarily a need to

That being said, moderators are there to guide discussions/limit disruptive behavior. When it gets into the NO U loop

they need to either close it down, or kick it out of that rut and back onto the original topic.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-03-05 12:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy that kind of thinking because, as a supervisor it happens all the time. I constantly have people ask me for advice, and they either twist what I said to do cause they're too lazy, or simply do something completely different cause they're stupid. Seen 2 people get fired in the time since I became super, because of people wrecking company property or parts when they don't listen.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 12:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting a new job that is going to suck. I was trying to stop drinking looks like no sign of that ending !
By fonewear 2015-03-05 12:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't force people to change. I learned that in a 3 year relationship. Even if it's for their own good. But they will often do it later, when they're ready. No one likes being told what to do I find it actually tends to hinder people progressing personally if you go around being bossy. Lots of people, myself included, will work on some other part of their lives instead as a sort of *** you to bossy people, or just avoid that person altogether. Sigh. Anyway. I'll just leave this here:

http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_treasure_how_to_speak_so_that_people_want_to_listen

Not saying I don't fall into some fo those 7 traps myself but I think it's something we can all work on.

As for the control freak stereo type, I guess it's just 2 ppl in my life that use that little meme poster and like phrases to justify their control freak actions. Whether or not they have valid points. I'm not saying that all people who use that or identify with that are control freaks but for myself it's a strong association and the first thing I tend to suspect.

If you are a woman you can force people to change...
I'm sorry I was listening what were you saying ?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-05 12:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't force people to change. I learned that in a 3 year relationship. Even if it's for their own good. But they will often do it later, when they're ready. No one likes being told what to do I find it actually tends to hinder people progressing personally if you go around being bossy. Lots of people, myself included, will work on some other part of their lives instead as a sort of *** you to bossy people, or just avoid that person altogether. Sigh. Anyway. I'll just leave this here:

http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_treasure_how_to_speak_so_that_people_want_to_listen

Not saying I don't fall into some fo those 7 traps myself but I think it's something we can all work on.

As for the control freak stereo type, I guess it's just 2 ppl in my life that use that little meme poster and like phrases to justify their control freak actions. Whether or not they have valid points. I'm not saying that all people who use that or identify with that are control freaks but for myself it's a strong association and the first thing I tend to suspect.
You're looking at it from a very... lets call it "aggressive" stance. Only seeing it from the "I'm going to offer you advice whether you asked for it or not" point of view.

I am often asked for advice on random things(I could not tell you why) and when ignored in this way often adopt this stance. It's not because I wanted them or even expected them to change but rather because they specifically asked for my advice and after analyzing what I could and providing it they went against it. Which is their choice, of course, but then everything I told them may happen out of x/y/z choice, happens, after which they proceed to either have a bad time and ask for more advice or else sit around complaining about it constantly.

I don't mind if people want to do what they do, but asking for advice and blatantly ignoring it/pushing it aside... it can be a little annoying.

Allyha brings up another point from a work perspective. While you may not want to listen to your boss because you think they're an *** or too controlling or w/e the fact is they were put into that supervisory position for a reason, and while there are people who obviously shouldn't be in that role and add nothing to it, others have the experience and the know-how and are there to not so much tell you exactly what to do but to at least nudge you into the proper direction so that you don't end up fired or doing something the wrong way.
By fonewear 2015-03-05 12:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No but it is going to be awful. Well I don't know that but I have a good assumption.
By Darkalenia 2015-03-05 12:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, Xenoblade runs OKAY for the most part, now to fine-tune the emulator's configuration. Not having much luck so far. Sound/music skips alot, while the actual game runs about full speed as far as I can tell. I also can't get my controller to work with it (Logitech F310)

Also, the only reason I got the ROM was so I could do some videos on it. I own the game for Wii and am getting the 3DS port next month.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just blame Obama for all my problems but I'll have to blame someone else in 2016...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16664 16665 16666 ... 22568 22569 22570