Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15427 15428 15429 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-16 16:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

people dont cover their mountains because the goats would eat it all
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

*** goats!
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-16 16:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

and that leads to Goat-People!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2014-09-16 16:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-16 16:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
/stare
no!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-09-16 16:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
That's a common practice out here in the states. Thanks to whiny puritans, it's difficult to teach anything but abstinence to our children, so none of them really know what safe sex is.
Not to mention the birth control = abortions crowd.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-16 16:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a common practice out here in the states. Thanks to whiny puritans, it's difficult to teach anything but abstinence to our children, so none of them really know what safe sex is.
Actually that wasn't the problem, the Sex Ed classes were the best classes taught at the school lol. Kids were just stupid *** lol. It was all baby momma this and sugar daddy that. I mean they would talk about their masturbation habits during lunch. I all could do was this:

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That goat gif is awesome but man is it huge!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-16 16:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Telling a teenager not to think about or have sex is like telling a mountain to stop being so tall.

Now imagine us giving those mountains gigantic condoms. At least then they'd be safe. Okay, my analogy isn't perfect.

True.

Instead, the Baptist brigade will make the guy and gal have a shotgun wedding, and the groom will put a shotgun in his mouth a little over a year after the birth.

God bless America!

Funerals for someone you don't particularly like are always fun too.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-16 16:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pregnancy to death in one fell swoop.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I mean they would talk about their masturbation habits during lunch
I've yet to meet any highschooler who doesn't talk about sex 90% of the time with their peers(older people too, actually). So I don't see the surprise.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-16 16:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone. Producer and Director Yoshida here.

Thank you for all the large amount of feedback regarding the prices of land for personal housing which was implemented in Patch 2.38.

As the current personal housing prices are higher than what players expected, I would like to discuss the statement I made previously regarding the plan to make the personal housing prices cheaper than Free Company housing.

■Regarding what I said■

The statement I said was from a post made last December.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1685344
At that time, we were correcting the economic disparity between legacy players and new players with regards to Free Company land prices in Patch 2.1. As we were hoping to implement World Transfers as quickly as possible, we set Free Company plot prices on the high side. Due to this, we received a lot of feedback mentioning that even though there were plans for personal housing, there would be no way that players would be able to pay that high of a cost. In my reply, I wrote: “I can say that prices will be completely separate from Free Company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.”

What this meant was the following:

The prices will be completely separate from Free Company land prices (At the time of Patch 2.1)
We’ll be making the prices much cheaper than what they are currently (At the time of Patch 2.1)

However, reading this again, I realize that this statement is extremely unclear. Also, because I wrote this quickly to try to quell the uneasiness at the time, I ended up causing even more problems for everyone. I sincerely apologize for this.

■How we decided on the prices for personal housing■

After Patch 2.1 we’d been monitoring the land purchase conditions on all Worlds and largely reducing the prices in stages. Additionally, the original time frame for reaching the lowest land price was three months, which we shortened to one month. Due to this, the prices of land drop several tens of thousands of gil every six hours. After one month the price would be half of what it was originally.

Additionally, in order to stimulate the in-game economy after Patch 2.1, we increased the methods in which you can obtain gil and the average amount of gil all players possess increased severalfold. We are constantly checking the amount of gil everyone possesses, and based on this we made the decision that the starting prices of personal housing should be the land prices at the time that Patch 2.3 was implemented.

Focus will always be on the prices at release, but after one month these prices will be halved. The average amount of gil in possession is much greater than you all imagine, and we are concerned that if we were to lower the cost of land for personal housing any further it would exacerbate problems like RMT and the purchase of land by secondary characters.

As we have also received requests to make it so you can garden and raise chocobos from personal houses, we strived to develop personal housing with the same core features as Free Company houses to address this feedback.

When setting the prices, it’s not as though we didn’t even consider whether we should separate the prices for Free Company land and personal housing land; however, looking at the current economic conditions and also considering future expansion we decided to make the prices the same. I apologize and hope for your understanding.

■The reason why Free Company houses and personal houses are in the same areas■

The biggest reason is to ensure the effective utilization of land. FFXIV is entering a stable period and the amount of newly created Free Companies is gently declining, therefore the demand for new Free Company houses will also decline. Additionally, with expansions to the land sale feature, after the demand for land has been fulfilled there will gradually be land openings in the wards.

On the other hand, when it comes to personal housing, with the constant increase in the amount of gil everyone possesses, as time passes the demand for personal housing will increase and a large amount of open land will be necessary.

If we were to separate Free Company housing and personal housing into different areas, in the event that Free Company land opens up I believe we would then receive requests asking to make it possible to build personal houses on those plots. So in order to balance the two we made it possible to purchase land in the same housing areas and feel this will allow for land to be utilized efficiently.

■In conclusion■

In regards to the housing system, there are a lot of elements that are intertwined with each other. For example, the hefty amount of gil required to purchase, or whether you play within a Free Company or by yourself, and also due to the fact that the implementation cost and the allocation of demands becomes more complex, there are times when the decisions made by the development team are not always in perfect alignment with the thoughts of the players.

However, similar to what we did after Patch 2.1, we will be doing our best to answer everyone’s feedback and demands, but we would like to ask for some time. Thank you very much.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
It's the cycle of life.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-16 16:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SEWINAAAAAAAAA!!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with XIV housing is that players want it as a feature, whereas the team sees it as an opportunity for content. But farming millions of gil isn't a very good content so it's obvious that players are upset.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-16 16:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. :/
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-16 16:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

No apologizing. There's nothing wrong. Like Seha said, it's the circle of life
*cue mag singing lion king*
But seriously, ***happens.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Spath I sense a negative aura emanating from you. Tell us about your woes.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-16 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do I feel guilty, now?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-16 16:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Spath I sense a negative aura emanating from you. Tell us about your woes.
Eeeeh I'm actually mixed today. Work had me incredibly hopeful. Mind wants to take me elsewhere.

And sorry if that last post seemed negative. ._. It honestly was done very carefree/joyously in the sense that I don't see anything wrong with what she brought up.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't imply the post was negative. I just have strong e-empathy!

Sometimes Scar just comes and says hi like every other day and I'm like ok tell me what happeend. Turns out I'm always right.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-16 16:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't imply the post was negative. I just have strong e-empathy!

Sometimes Scar just comes and says hi like every other day and I'm like ok tell me what happeend. Turns out I'm always right.
._. Out of my head, pwease. It's dark and messy in there and I like it that way.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sweepin *sweep sweep sweep*
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-16 17:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Noooooo, my dust!
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-16 17:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-16 17:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Evening.

I'm bored at work, what's everyone else up to?
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-16 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-16 17:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

No apologizing. There's nothing wrong. Like Seha said, it's the circle of life
*cue mag singing lion king*
But seriously, ***happens.

Yeah...Sorry again.

The past six months or so with what's going on in DFW and the smear campaign of the Democratic gubernatorial candidate here makes me antsy. My mood hasn't been a particularly zippy one today either. Both of those topics just pluck, or more accurately, trash on my heartstrings. I need to move, or disassociate shitty memories from current events.

Have a wonderful evening.
First Page 2 3 ... 15427 15428 15429 ... 22553 22554 22555