Hardest Hitting DD. What Do You Think?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Hardest hitting DD. What do you think?
Hardest hitting DD. What do you think?
By Yves 2010-12-27 14:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kayze said:
lol just realised I wrote "question to this answer" xD But yeah thats what I thought Vinvv, was just kinda hoping that there could be some conclusive proof, but I also enjoy seeing debates (not senseless arguing or putting another's opinion down) on this kind of topic. Ah wells, Im going to level up all the DoW and DoM classes and make my own comparison. EDIT: epic post Yves, thanks ^^

Cool bro. Please check out the post for "Crafting Skill-up Synths" that our LS (along with the rest of the community) is trying to compile. Our big goal is to help people get where they want to be easier and faster.
By hyuran 2010-12-27 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yves said:

Unfortunately, there really isn't an easy answer to your question. Here is what I can tell you that will impact the results and then I will explain why this isn't as simple as it is in FFXI.

1. Dex
2. Str
3. Weapon (relevant rank, damage type)
4. Armor (stat boosts, relevant rank)
5. Additional stat modifiers
6. Mob weakness
7. JAs equipped

Here is why this cannot be answered: unlike FFXI, there are no set stat increases - it is solely left to the player's discretion. In short, there is literally no way of determining this. While a 50 MRD might hit one type of mob for 500 and a 50 LNC hits the same mob for 350, it doesn't mean one is better at overall damage - it could be a mix of above-mentioned 7 categories.

Here is my advice: play how you like. If you like one class, do it. SE has taken many measures to allow people flexibility in this game. It will always be situational so don't fret.

Hopefully you see what I am saying. If you want some further examples, I can provide them for you, just let me know ^^.

i would agree with this and i would like to add point allotment. here is my opinion, and i understand opinions are like *** holes, everyone has one, but unless someone ranked every job to 50 or got a group of all DD's together that were 50 and re alloted all stats to 0, wore no stat augmenting gear and all used weapons with the same stats (or near same stats like starting weapons) i.e. attack, crit hit, acc, etc

doing that would rely on weapon damage only and be not swayed by any real modifiers other than weapon damage weakness on mob types

it would be close to imposable to say solidly which is better one way or another.

this would have to span accross all mob families and placed into a spread sheet and taken from there to see the actual numbers

honestly if someone were to do this it would make for a great base for builds. im sure in time this information will get out to us ^.^
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 14:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Kayze said:
lol just realised I wrote "question to this answer" xD

But yeah thats what I thought Vinvv, was just kinda hoping that there could be some conclusive proof, but I also enjoy seeing debates (not senseless arguing or putting another's opinion down) on this kind of topic. Ah wells, Im going to level up all the DoW and DoM classes and make my own comparison.
If you would post what you find out :D.
I'm curious about it.
I think I'm gonna wait for the console release on it before I'd get it if I do.
I would.. They've pushed back the PS3 release to an unset date, they've stated they want to get the game to what they think is ready before they release the PS3 version. While that could mean nothing more than when 'it was ready for PC launch', let's just hope that they learned their lesson about releasing unfinished ***...
that's my reasoning for it :P
i figured since they pushed it back they felt it wasn't actually ready for console lol.
which means it might be better overall for both PC and Console when it's released on console :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-28 16:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Glad I can be of service.

Somebody has to stand up and smack kids in the face and say

"the reason you hate the game is cause you are doing it wrong"

Getting tired of

"WAHH SP IS BROKED" "THIS GAME SUCKS"

when players are simply doing it wrong.

Now if only the rest of the issues with XIV were due to players.
By Tankue 2010-12-28 20:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least those are being patched...
By Kyri 2010-12-29 00:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So much hate. Imo Pug is a great solo for survivability, and though I enjoy Marauder, Lancer, and Archer I see most damage from ARC, MAR is very strong and powerful, but I miss a lot more then I do on my other DoW. Lancer seems to hit pretty accurate, and hard like marauder. Archer pulls hate more often and I die much quicker. I would suggest Marauder for those who love to do as much damage as they can, but die a lot doing so. Those who can work with hate control should try archer. If you like a little of both perhaps lancer is for you.
By KiranRedtail 2010-12-31 20:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of the time I pull hate as an Archer it's because of Raging Strike, has nothing to do with damage. That buff is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE agro, even Ferocity isn't as bad, though it has a longer cool down.
By Yves 2010-12-31 23:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The best DD is Jek Porkins. Red Four, you live on in our hearts.

By hyuran 2011-01-01 16:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

dak is a hard hitting DD with great ranged acc, but tends to get one-shotted by imperial walkers way too easy like
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2011-01-01 16:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How the game is now i don't think any is Hardest hitting DD i'll wait to they fix the game and then see. But i bet they going to *** up lancer on a update then they be as good as DRG was lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-01 16:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How are Gladiators? I mean obviously they're based around tanking but is tanking necessary and can they still pump out some decent damage?
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2011-01-01 20:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
How are Gladiators? I mean obviously they're based around tanking but is tanking necessary and can they still pump out some decent damage?

Suddenly...

Onion Cuts.
By Tankue 2011-01-01 23:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

KiranRedtail said:
90% of the time I pull hate as an Archer it's because of Raging Strike, has nothing to do with damage. That buff is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE agro, even Ferocity isn't as bad, though it has a longer cool down.

Hate seems to be action based (damage plays into it, but when you first pull buffing is a poor choice). Also, the people you have tanking must not doing it right. I can hold hate on any job if I really want to get punched in the head.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-02 19:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

carraway said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Riot Blade and Phalanx are pretty powerful weaponskills, especially the latter considering its insane efficiency. Complemented by Feint, GLA has a decent suite of abilities, but what hamstrings the class is that, yes, they are intended to be a pure tanking class, and yes, tanking in some way, shape, or form is necessary for NM fights. A tanking GLA also does not have the freedom to load up his bars with pure DD abilities like Raging Strike + Ferocity + Hawk's Eye + Blind Side. Should a GLA actually decide to just try to deal as much damage as possible during a fight, her output will also be limited by the fact that 1-handed swords are terrible compared to DD weapons.

GLAs should certainly try to be doing damage when not spamming hate abilities, but as far as margins are concerned, we won't know for sure until we have a parser.

Cool thanks for that. Planning on maining GLA so I'm glad to hear it can keep up somewhat.