Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Victory smite build
Victory smite build
First Page 2 ... 33 34 35
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-12-05 13:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I am not a mnk main by any stretch of the definition but I do have the 30 advancement coins to finish the +1 weapon once I have finished the nm trials.

This is what I am planning on using as soon as I finish within the next week. My main question is, what gorget should I be using with this weaponskill and is it better than a neck with 5+ str. My other question is with VS being a 4 hit /ws do I really need to concern myself with ACC should I upgrade to hefoc mitts?

Any other constructive help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-05 13:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
Ok I am not a mnk main by any stretch of the definition but I do have the 30 advancement coins to finish the +1 weapon once I have finished the nm trials.

This is what I am planning on using as soon as I finish within the next week. My main question is, what gorget should I be using with this weaponskill and is it better than a neck with 5+ str. My other question is with VS being a 4 hit /ws do I really need to concern myself with ACC should I upgrade to hefoc mitts?

Any other constructive help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Gorget's will beat pretty much anything though certain cases may apply.

It's Light and Frag based so probably Light and Thunder Torque
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2010-12-05 13:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop Alky for Heafoc.
Sea Gorget > any thing you can find on a neck currently
Strigoi Ring to replace that piece of crap ring
Hachiryu Haidate replace that thing

as for your question about the Heafocs, take this into consideration I use my Varangian Helm on my NIN which has lower accuracy for Blade: Jin and I don't miss my hits that often, so me using -20 acc over you would be using a -8 on your ws.. shouldn't be worried.

[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-12-05 13:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

where are my coins of advancement ark? D:
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-05 13:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its light and flame for afury if that helps, may be the same two for victory smite.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-05 13:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

how is spiral ring a "piece of crap" when its a mere 1 str lower, and for 99% of the h2h WS used its actually better, and the only reason its not better is because Smite doesn't have a secondary vit mod...
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-12-05 13:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
where are my coins of advancement ark? D:

Go during JP times. Super friendly and actually team up... Not like the NA cryfaces that won't party / ally and wipe half the runs.

Thanks for the suggestions on gear guys, going to see what monday brings before I buy hachi pants. Moar camping Hefoc nm go!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-10 04:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Wouldn't really call Spiral a "piece of crap", think it performs better/equal than Strigoi.
As for head, will Maat perform better than Genbu's Kabuto? Probably yes.
For legs Hachiryu are probably the best but Usukane is another good option I'd use over Shura, if you have them.
Oh, and Warwolf belt in place of Black Belt.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-10 05:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said:
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Wouldn't really call Spiral a "piece of crap", think it performs better/equal than Strigoi.
As for head, will Maat perform better than Genbu's Kabuto? Probably yes.

For legs Hachiryu are probably the best but Usukane is another good option I'd use over Shura, if you have them.
Oh, and Warwolf belt in place of Black Belt.

you're correct because V Smite doesn't have vit mod, its all STR so G Kabuto shouldn't be used at all, but Strigoi WILL beat spiral cuz of no VIT mod
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-10 05:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected, sorry about that. Was really sure it had 50%STR and 50%VIT mods.
[+]
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-12-10 12:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Though it's not gear related,

How much better is Vere than the WoE version?
Is it worth going for the WoE? I've been trying to decide what to do.
Any input would be appreciated.

edit: Currently using Taipan +1 STR/ATK (3/15 Flame Geode)

Thanks,
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-10 13:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Vere are a *** passed anything.

Outside Abyssea
Vere > Spharai > Rev fists+2

Inside Abyssea
Vere > Rev fists+2 > Spharai

So that being said, if you don't have viable means of getting Vere, go for rev
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-10 13:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a monk main at all, barely know anything about the job, so Tiger would be better to expand on this.

But I think I read somewhere that faith torque can be a better choice than gorgets if it puts your skill up a tier?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-10 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's mainly for asuran cause it's an 8 ftp WS. I wouldn't expect a situation for faith torque to win for smite, even w/ the base dmg increase. Maybe Justice torque, for WSC, but not faith.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 13:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Though it's not gear related,

How much better is Vere than the WoE version?
Is it worth going for the WoE? I've been trying to decide what to do.
Any input would be appreciated.

edit: Currently using Taipan +1 STR/ATK (3/15 Flame Geode)

Thanks,
Way better. 85 Vere > Revenant Fists +2 by a decent margin, 90 Vere is ahead by ~25%.

Mind you, Revenant Fists +2 are still head and shoulders above any non-relic option.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-12-18 05:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a question about the gorgets/new belts, are they worth anything on VS? I've never really known what exactly the tp modifier did because I'm no math head, so since VS's damage doesn't vary with TP, would I be better off using justice/warwolf belt?

Also, what is your opinion on atmas for mnk?

Current build is
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 11:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SS GH RR for mnk. That being said crit hit dmg+ is going to be capped, so can swap out Loki's. Black belt > thunder belt, but gorget > justice torque. I personally use Thew bomblet and Aesir Ear pendant, but other than that your build looks like mine (I still need heafoc though, using alkies).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-18 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
SS GH RR for mnk. That being said crit hit dmg+ is going to be capped, so can swap out Loki's. Black belt > thunder belt, but gorget > justice torque. I personally use Thew bomblet and Aesir Ear pendant, but other than that your build looks like mine (I still need heafoc though, using alkies).

I use the WS Belt, And i definiately think it's better than Black belt to WS in, And as for atmas SS/GH/RR Work, but VV Could be used in SS Place granted it takes you up an x-attack round or you're doing NMS and starting each fight off with 100-300 TP.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, unless the testing was done wrong and it's more than .1 ftp, not seeing how you're getting better returns w/ thunder belt (the math was done on the basis of .1 ftp).

As for VV, we always start each NM proccing blue red and grellow, so we don't start dmg right off anyway (for example I'll start each fight w/ staff)
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-18 12:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then your staff starts at 300 tp ready for WS =P, and Even if the belt doesn't win in sheer DMG, it'd barely be off in terms of dmg, then you have free ACC to cuddle with. From testing it seems gorget and belt are the same.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-18 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some sort of general agreed upon number where attack beats str for this WS? That would help when making choices between Aesir Ear pendant or kemas, Tathlum or bomblet, BB or Anguinus.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 12:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Is there some sort of general agreed upon number where attack beats str for this WS? That would help when making choices between Aesir Ear pendant or kemas, Tathlum or bomblet, BB or Anguinus.
No, because neither STR nor attack has static returns.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-18 12:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So determining those choices should best be left to personal checking in the field based on where and what you are fighting. I just came back is Kparse still the parser to use?
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-18 12:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thew does beat Tatlum for sheer damage, but you remember if you miss a hit on your ws you're automatically killing your damage, I know nearly capped acc is common, but ***happens, Aas for Aesir or kemas, another acc thing, Aesir wins for sheer damage, and even has nice conserve tp but Kemas has str "and" acc on it, As for anguinus, uhhh, i havent really tested that but um, i'd Say use BB unless you need even more acc, Or at least drop the other acc pieces you Included annd break down the numbers:

Thew Bomb str+2 att+8
Aesir ear Att+7
Anguinus acc+15 att+15 DA+1 Total = att+31 Str +2 Acc +15 Da+1 (Str Included into the att)
Or
Kemas Str2 vit2 acc4
Tantra Tathlum str4 vit 4 acc6
BB str+7 Total = Str +13 vit6 Acc10 att+6.5

Your pick really, my math could be a bit off, idc, i just woke up like an hr ago! Personally I use thunder belt/kemas/tantra And swap some of the acc off When focus is up.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-12-18 12:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Crit hit damage is capped? Where do you get that from, SS? (actual question) also, GH? I mean, I realise it increases counter and crit rate but would RR not win damage wise? Or would the crit rate on GH be enough to make the damage of VS spike?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 12:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
So determining those choices should best be left to personal checking in the field based on where and what you are fighting. I just came back is Kparse still the parser to use?
No. Parses are too variable; buffs/debuffs aren't always up and there may be variability in your targets. Heroes/Scars areas will also see your base stats change from time to time because of Dominion and Bastion. Math is the way to go.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 12:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Crit hit damage is capped? Where do you get that from, SS? (actual question) also, GH? I mean, I realise it increases counter and crit rate but would RR not win damage wise? Or would the crit rate on GH be enough to make the damage of VS spike?
You do realize he included RR, right?
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-12-18 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You do realize he included RR, right?
Yeah, RR is just assumed to always be on
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rly w/ full furtherance and the dex from razed ruins, I've fund acc to be a non issue on 95% of mobs in abyssea.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-18 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people think they have a non-acc issue, but From numerous parses, i've found peoples acc to be between 88-92% very often even on exp mobs. Although of course this isn't the same for everyone
First Page 2 ... 33 34 35