Error Code POL-5312???

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Error code POL-5312???
Error code POL-5312???
By Nyitah 2010-08-21 02:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a break from FFXI for a couple of months and just decided to reinstall it on my PC and resume playing, once I got it all up and running (or so I thought) when i logged on to do the massive patch, it came up with the POL error code 5312 ("The SquareEnix ID, Square Enix password, or one-time password entered is incorrect.") Prior to my break I had no trouble what so ever and never had to enter that into the settings. I've been reading forums manically trying to figure out how I can make this code go away, but they all say it involves a security token...which I'm pretty sure I don't have..
I don't get it.
By Nyitah 2010-08-21 04:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore me, fixed it tried a load of random crap from all the forums combine
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-08-21 04:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently reactivated my account.

When I first logged on it gave me the "You havent paid for the account, pay now?" thingy. So I went and paid the fees, updated my payment info and all that fun stuff.

Then when I was gonna log back on, it gave me the samr crap, "The SquareEnix ID, Square Enix password, or one-time password entered is incorrect.". Pretty *** annoying, since I was using the exact same ID PW and all as I did 1 minute earlier when I paid and reactivated my account.

After some hassle with SE on their live chat, they restored my passwords and everything, even then I still cant log on.

SE is just *** up. So I'm just not gonna bother anymore, and I'll just quit for good.
By Nyitah 2010-08-21 16:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You said you checked your payment and such, was that for PoL because I found that you have to link your PoL account to your account on the SE website, and then in settings, just before you log on, write in your SE ID and your original PoL password -- NOT YOUR SE ACCOUNT PASSWORD --, and then when thats all saved you go to log into pol as per usual and then it will ask you for your SE ACCOUNT PASSWORD (Please note this is NOT the same as your PoL password, they are completely seperate things.)

I completed this and it worked fine, I hope it does for you, if you need any more info just letme know.

Nyi
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-08-21 16:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, it dont work.

when i go to SE's site and log on there it dont show my pol ID as linked, but when i try to link it it says its already linked so i cant link it. its *** up is what it is.
By Nyitah 2010-08-21 17:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

man i know exactly how you feel trust me i've just managed to figure out what the hell was going on today, maybe u have another SE account that you forgot about, otherwise it can't be linked because your the only one that can link it. Thats the only thing i can think off, sorry man :( you may not have to link it, try the steps above then see if it works without the linking part, if not then you are most likely dealing with 2 accounts on SE.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-08-21 17:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 accounts, linked to the same SE account. When I was dealing with SE over the live chat, thats what they told me.

The only annoying part is how I was able to use my POL ID/PW & SE ID/PW in order to log on and pay for the damn account, update the payment info, which logs you out again. But then not be able to log in 1 min later with the exact same POL ID/PW and SE ID/PW.

It's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I cant get a hold of SE during weekends because they're closed, and I'm working on weekdays so I don't have time. Which leads to me cancel any payments to SE from my CC and just stop playing.
By Nyitah 2010-08-21 18:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

wow your case is worse then mine was, well if your account is linked then you should be set to go, could it be a case of you filling the information in, in the wrong boxes, thats what i found with mine...

By Nyitah 2010-08-21 18:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This may just be plain annoying or fustrating but its the last bit of advice i can offer, and for anyone with the same problem it could be helpful..other then that i'd say just read through all the forums and see what they all say.

Before you click the file to log in click settings and then fill out the form as follows

Member Name: ------
Playonline ID: -----
Set Password: Save
Playonline Password: This will be your original password you usually use to log on normally,
it will be completely different from the SE password
(E.g SE password XXXXX0, POL password XXXX32)

Member Password: not of importance, unless you want 2 lots of passwords to go through to log in (adds security)
Note: These passwords you decide while your actually in the settings area filling them in.

SquareEnix ID: What ever username you use to log into the SE account management website.
One Time Password: Make sure it is on "Do not use". This is only important if you have a security token.

As you go to log in make sure you use:

SquareEnix password: The password you use on the Square Enix website, NOT YOUR PoL PASSWORD!

That should let you log in, if not then i have no idea, sorry, Good Luck!!

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [366 days between previous and next post]
By Anoya 2011-08-22 08:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont know how to thank you for this last post.
For the last 4 weeks i had problems with my PC, reboots, blue screen errors, etc. Started thinking of a virus and ended up with format C:
When i finally had the whole bunch reinstalated i entered game and had problems with 1 of my 4 chars that kept giving me reboots by changing zone. After a lot of long distance and GM calls SGM put me into jail on request to check that char. That seemd to help, had no more problems.
Then i saw the ingame /servmes telling me that we had to do the transfering even if we did that before with the Security Token. I decided to wait till last thursday early morning so EU support would be opened in case of problems. The instruction on the step by step site wer very good, till i runned into the payment issue. Took 1,5 day to complete the clickandbuy account and finally friday afternoon i could complete the account transfer. Finally after 6 weeks i could sit and enjoy ffxi again. But just after the message 'Transfer successfully completed' my harddisk broke down forever.
Frustrated as i was i runned to the shop to buy a new one and been downloading/installating all my software again for the whole friday night b/c again i looked forwards to the 10 hours downloading the 'latest' ffxi updates from the 6 last years and all i wanted was to play. After installating i got the POL updates without any problems, they come just after installating. But ffxi itselfs starts to update after logging in. Well i been struggling the rest of the weekend with the POL error 5312. I was out of ideas how to get back in.
Read tons of sites and forums, joined forums to put my question and even send 2 emails to SE about my problems.
This early monday morning at 4:15 am i found this thread and IT WORKED
What gives the wrong conclusion is that we need to 'Save' our SE password, b/c why should save an old password that we been using till the account transfer???
Also had to blanc the other 2 extra passwords while they always had to be filled in to make it work, but if i use them now i get errors again.

Its known that we pay SE to complicate our lives in game to keep us busy, but that same complications outside the game are NOT funny!!!
I so understand Kyhira that he was about to give up on ffxi, hope he did make it to get back in game like i did, thanks to your reply!!!
By Anoya 2011-08-22 09:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy cow
Are these problems anniversal??
Some 'Necro bump' just told me dat your thread was exactly 366 days ago.
But as you see its still working
LMAO
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1097 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Wouble
Server: Ragnarok
user: Wouble
By Ragnarok.Wouble 2014-08-23 17:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Crazy, half of me says coincidence, half of me is wtf. My brother started getting this error 2 days ago. SE seem to suggest a full reinstall, anyone got any suggestions that won't take 8 hours?
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-08-23 18:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to insult anyones intelegence.
Eventually viruses happen, hard drives fail. Or if your like me and get pissed a screen or pc gets busted.

Remedy go to your local computer shop. Or Newegg.com or whatever your prefrence is and buy a external hard drive. and save all the game files of playonline and ffxi. Back it up every month due to updates. then in the event of a crash go to new pc copy transfer files to new pc. This process depending on your pc performance will normaly just take a few min vs the countless hrs. Also note after you update this way may want to do a check file option to make sure none of your files are corupt.

you can check on bg for link to complete game files for ffxi. Is this faster than just letting pol doing the update yes. but a fresh install with no backups should take 8-17 hrs depending on your isp.